PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I was skeptical with all the AC and Batman ripoff comparisons, but it's a absolute blast to play and combat is actually even more satisfying than either of those games (and the Mordor setting takes the cake). I was shocked to see it get Gamespot's top honor but now that I've played it, not so much. Definately the most fun gameplay of the year IMO.
I'm glad you liked it as well. For me, Shadow of Mordor is the first truly Next-Generation game, showcasing both quality graphics and a new next-gen mechanic with the Nemesis System. Not only do the graphics look absolutely beautiful, and with a good drawing distance to boot, the new Nemesis System is the most refreshing (and the most rewarding) gaming mechanics I've seen. A truly worthy "Next Generation" title for me, and it is my GOTY.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]I am a bit surprised that the PS4 version of The Last of Us didn't make it on your list, Frisky! That was such a beautiful and heartfelt game. I've never been more emotionally vested in a character before let alone two separate characters here. I guess you needed room for all those indie games, which is great! But The Last of Us deserves a spot on everyone's favorite list of the year, especially if this was their first experience with it on the PS4. I can only guess that if you had the PS3 version on yours last year, then the PS4 version didn't qualify again this year. [/SIZE]

I've been tempted to buy it but it hasn't dropped below $40 on PS4 since I got the console. I just know if I bite now it'll be $25 shortly.

I've been tempted to buy it but it hasn't dropped below $40 on PS4 since I got the console. I just know if I bite now it'll be $25 shortly.
It's was $25 (physical copy) on black friday. If you mean PSN, dont hold your breath.

It's was $25 (physical copy) on black friday. If you mean PSN, dont hold your breath.
Yeah, for big games like this I'd rather have a physical copy(although it's not as big as I would've thought at 26GB). Especially since most seem to install/delete very quickly. I only have 7 retail games but GTA V is the only one I had to sit and wait for.

Since I've had a PS4 for the last 3 weeks it seems disc game discounts are hit/miss. Pretty laughable that Watch Dogs is $45 for a flash sale while it's been $20 on Amazon for the last week or so.

Yeah, for big games like this I'd rather have a physical copy(although it's not as big as I would've thought at 26GB). Especially since most seem to install/delete very quickly. I only have 7 retail games but GTA V is the only one I had to sit and wait for.

Since I've had a PS4 for the last 3 weeks it seems disc game discounts are hit/miss. Pretty laughable that Watch Dogs is $45 for a flash sale while it's been $20 on Amazon for the last week or so.
Watch Dog is $12.99 used on Gamefly now if and when it does come back in stock. But beware that if your discs come from the Pittsburgh distribution center, you may have chips on the edges as all of mine do.

I don't think there will be a new sale today. Who is even working today? Definitely not Grace Chen.

This is easily the best month for me in awhile, as I don't own any of these games and have been excited to play most of them since they were announced/released.

I'm especially pumped for The Swapper since I've heard so many good things about it, and First Light, as I loved Second Son and can't wait to get back into that world.

I'm keeping that on the down low. I did some bad things in my past.

Good list btw. Happy to see Transistor, Shovel Knight, Binding of Isaac, Swapper (can't wait to play it next week), Rogue Legacy, and Persona Q.

Have you played Bayonetta 2?
Not yet, but it's probably in the next batch of Wii U games I get in early 2015. There were a few Wii U/3DS that got snubbed to get my list down to 10, like Kirby Triple Deluxe and Picross e5.

You're wrong, your list is wrong, it's all wrong! Nice list.
Thanks.

I would have rated Shadow of Mordor at the top of my list for game of the year. It's the Lord of the Rings game that we all have been waiting for, and it is absolutely brilliant.
Four of the top five on my list, not Shovel Knight, are games I put a ton of time into and greatly enjoyed. Shadow of Mordor is sitting at 62 hours right now as I work on the platinum, but if I had to point out flaws, the weak story, weak links to the LotR universe, and the janky AC-style animation issues are things that held it back for me compared to the others.

I'm glad you liked it as well. For me, Shadow of Mordor is the first truly Next-Generation game, showcasing both quality graphics and a new next-gen mechanic with the Nemesis System. Not only do the graphics look absolutely beautiful, and with a good drawing distance to boot, the new Nemesis System is the most refreshing (and the most rewarding) gaming mechanics I've seen. A truly worthy "Next Generation" title for me, and it is my GOTY.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]I am a bit surprised that the PS4 version of The Last of Us didn't make it on your list, Frisky! That was such a beautiful and heartfelt game. I've never been more emotionally vested in a character before let alone two separate characters here. I guess you needed room for all those indie games, which is great! But The Last of Us deserves a spot on everyone's favorite list of the year, especially if this was their first experience with it on the PS4. I can only guess that if you had the PS3 version on yours last year, then the PS4 version didn't qualify again this year. [/SIZE]
The draw distance isn't that good in Shadow of Mordor, as you can't really see Uruks running around as far back as I would've liked to make the world really feel alive.

I don't have The Last of Us on either PS3 or PS4, as I rented the PS3 version from Gamefly for a bit to try it out. Plus, we disqualify remasters and HD collections from appearing on our lists.

It's not a bad month for me, only one of these I have is Duck Tales. I'm interested in playing Last Light soon, it will help me decide if I want Second Son.

It's not a bad month for me, only one of these I have is Duck Tales. I'm interested in playing Last Light soon, it will help me decide if I want Second Son.
Don't put too much stock in the arena stuff for First Light. If I didn't know anything about Second Son, the First Light arena might have been a concern since I didn't care for it. The arena isn't horrible, it just isn't what I want from that type of game, so luckily it can be limited if you want. I imagine others might really like that portion. Otherwise, First Light is a pretty great and a nice sampler for Second Son. There are some Second Son spoilers in First Light, so be careful if that's a concern.

I can't wait for First Light. Second Son was good and I enjoyed it. I know a lot of people didn't like it as much as the other Infamous games, but it was fun game. It's good for one or 2 playthroughs.

Bestbuy 1/4 ad $29.99 or $23.99 if you have GCU.

Finally! I get to play GTA5 online and I even have a new PS4 camera.

What a horrible experience...how do you mute all these people screaming and cursing?

Is this how it always is? I'm not even near them and yet I hear them talk about who is more of a homosexual

i grew up with the Duke. I really hope there is a multiplayer. Are we going to be wating till next tuesday for the store update? or does anyone think they will post it on the first?

I always think it's funny when people are upset about the lack of items on sale. I'm willing to bet that less than 1% of people on this site have little or no backlog and the vast majority of people on this site could probably play their currently library of games for a year or more (probably much more) without getting tired of it. People (myself included) need to admit they have a spending addiction or a "deal" addiction.
I could play for 20 years without having to buy another game. It's pretty sad when I think about it. I have probably 50 or more games on my PSN network download list that haven't been booted, and I'm not even counting all the physical copies I have for PS3, Vita, PSP and my other systems.

i grew up with the Duke. I really hope there is a multiplayer. Are we going to be wating till next tuesday for the store update? or does anyone think they will post it on the first?
It says crossbuy on the playstation store website with PS3, I wouldn't think ps3 version would not have mutliplayer as the 360 version did...

thanks a million Frisky Tanuki, i grabbed Dragon age for my ps4 @ 38$ wich beat out the 39.99 (43$ if you get slapped w/ tax) Amazon sale, and i get to dl it/game it immediately vs. waiting till Tues. the 6th (yeah even w/ prime i'd have to wait nearly a week).

I think so too, any chance this game will make GOTY status? I may wait until they release a version of the game with DLC included.
I certainly hope so, Shivan. I really loved Shadow of Mordor, and I am hoping to see more meaningful DLCs for it. Can't wait to see how Monolith can improve upon this game with the sequel.

Any NON LOTR people enjoy ME:SOM? I couldn't even get through the first LOTR, didn't even try the rest, so should I even care?

I'm playing inquisition now. Only having 1:30 to 2 hours a day to play means these things take forever. But man am I enjoying it! Only thing that stinks is 30 hours in I have found no reason to use gold. Nothing you can buy so far is better than than something you can pick up off a foe.

Any NON LOTR people enjoy ME:SOM? I couldn't even get through the first LOTR, didn't even try the rest, so should I even care?

I'm playing inquisition now. Only having 1:30 to 2 hours a day to play means these things take forever. But man am I enjoying it! Only thing that stinks is 30 hours in I have found no reason to use gold. Nothing you can buy so far is better than than something you can pick up off a foe.
Most reviews agree that even if they never said it was lotr realm, that no one would ever realize it was from it as it doesn't connect to anything outside of having orcs.

The extent of my LOTR knowledge is limited to just the first three films, but I still found SOM to be the most enjoyable game I'd played in the past year. Some dismiss it as a Batman clone, but it's the only game that has managed to outclass Arkham series.

If you're thinking about getting the PS3 version you may want to hold off though. The past-gen versions are really rough and are missing the Nemesis system.

I've only seen one of the movies and I still loved Shadow of Mordor. It's one of my favorite games I've played this year.

Shadow of Mordor was brilliant, and I loved it, but it definitely felt like it had some mechanics that needed refining for the sequel (freerunning/climbing, for example). The world also felt tiny to me. Loved the nemisis system though, very original idea, I wish someone thought of that ages ago and I hope to see it evolve in other games (especially rpgs) over the years.

Overall I found it way too easy, but still top tier.

On PS4, I think Wolfeinstein was my GOTY. Pure fun in FPS form, and I was stale on the genre going in.

On Vita, Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

Is it just me or was I led to believe we were getting Second Son free for January not the DLC portion?
To be fair, the 'DLC portion' is a standalone game with it's own platinum that many seem to prefer to the original game.

And it was just you.

I absolutely loved Wolfenstein.  I played the PS3 version and ,wow, was I caught off-guard by how refreshingly good that game was.  The story was so good, and the campaign was very fun. 

On the subject of DLCs.  I really think there should be a category for Best DLC of the Year.   And if not, then they should be made available for voting for the GOTY category.  I would have chosen Left Behind from The Last of Us.  Isn't that just crazy?  It was so memorable, very moving.  I liked that DLC a lot more than 90% of the games I've played the last couple of years.  First Light should be up there as well.  

Anyway...Happy New Year, Everybody!  And as always, be safe out there!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/01/a-holiday-thank-you/

Happy New Year! Since access to PlayStation Network was impacted during the holidays, we wanted to show our appreciation for your patience by offering all PlayStation Plus members that had an active membership or free trial on December 25th a membership extension of five days. The extension will be automatically applied, so no action is necessary to receive the extension. We will post additional information here on PlayStation.Blog when the extension becomes available. If your membership or trial ends before the extension is available, you will receive five days of Plus to enjoy once the extension becomes available (we will notify you when).

In addition, sometime this month we will announce that for a limited time, we will be offering a 10 percent discount code good for a one-time discount off a total cart purchase in the PlayStation Store as a thank you to all PSN members.

This discount can be used toward content available on PS Store including blockbuster new releases, award winning indie games, game add-ons and season passes, and an enormous selection of TV and Movies.

In case you missed it, click here to read about all the great games included in the January 2015 PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection lineup.

Thanks again to all our loyal PlayStation fans and welcome to our newest console owners. Wishing you all a very happy holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back