PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
$15 per month for a 3-month option is not too bad.  That's about the same cost for those playing Final Fantasy 14 online.  

It seems to be only PS3 games, which is pretty useless for me since I still have my slim and plan to keep it. I would consider trying a 3 month sub if they add PS2 and PSOne games.
I was interested in PSNow until I decided to pick up a cheap PS3 on Craigslist. I'm glad I did because it doesn't seem like they are going to come up with a reasonable pricing model for the service.

Is this even a PSN sale thread anymore? Came here to check if there is any updates on the sales today and all I see is fighting about rogue games. It's kinda hard to sift through all of this to find any info. Just being honest.
If all you care about is sales updates you should just bookmark the Playstation blog.

Went ahead and grabbed the Resident Evil Remake pre-ordered, can't wait for the 20th. I played the game back on the PS1 with my brother, scaring the shit out of each other, can't recall if we ever beat it. Never got a chance to play the GC remake so $20 for this? Easy decision.

It probably won't happen but I'd so buy remakes of 2 through 4 as well.

EDIT: I really want Geometry Wars 3. I used to compete for high scores on the second one on my 360. I just can't see myself paying $15 for it when I have Resogun... so I hope a sale happens for it but probably won't for awhile since it recently came out. Unless one of you want to talk me into it, lol.

Unless one of you want to talk me into it, lol.
I'll take a stab. As cool as Resogun is, I get way more of a rush playing Geometry Wars 3. The campaign, in particular, is awesome with the wide variety of maps and modes. And I still haven't finished it because some levels are pretty freakin tough (you have to earn a certain number of stars to advance to boss levels and continue to progess).

My 2 cents: GW 3 > Resogun. But I'm a long time GW fan.

I would think they SHOULD want it because it makes the EA deal look like crap once they will have access to hundreds or thousands of games.
While that may be true, EA Access is $30 for an entire year vs $45 for three months. I have both an X1 and a PS4. Undecided about Playstation Now just because I've played most of the PS3 games that are good on it. But that may change.

With EA, I traded in Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed Rivals for more than $30 and now can play those as well as PvZ, which I had wanted, and others for a year. It's a pretty decent deal.

I'll wait and see how Now evolves. But $180 a year is a little prohibitive unless you missed out on PS3 classics. If they add newish PS4 games....then all bets are off.

I'll be far more interested in PSNow when they add PS1/PS2 support in large part because I think I'm a bit spoiled by PS4/Xbone and feel really unmotivated to dig in on PS3 content

I'm going to space quick tomorrow afternoon and I'm wondering when infamous and the other jan plus games will drop hmmmm would love to get a sesh in before leaving.

While that may be true, EA Access is $30 for an entire year vs $45 for three months. I have both an X1 and a PS4. Undecided about Playstation Now just because I've played most of the PS3 games that are good on it. But that may change.

With EA, I traded in Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed Rivals for more than $30 and now can play those as well as PvZ, which I had wanted, and others for a year. It's a pretty decent deal.

I'll wait and see how Now evolves. But $180 a year is a little prohibitive unless you missed out on PS3 classics. If they add newish PS4 games....then all bets are off.
EA Access and PS Now are completely different services with completely different focuses and scopes. EA Access is for EA fans. PS Now is for the many people with PS4s and Vitas and whatever else it's on that skipped the PS3, but would like to play those games without paying for the console and all that. They're not going to add PS4 games because that's what the PS4 and Remote Play is for along with PS+'s monthly offerings.

Right now, PS Now has 214 games on there along with a number of them that aren't on PSN (FFXIII, Alpha Protocol, Way of the Samurai 3, El Shaddai, and a few others), though the wording on the announcement makes it seem like they're not offering all of that with the subscription (confirmed here). The big teaser image on the PS Blog even shows a bunch of games not on PS Now, so it'll be interesting to see how that all works out.

They are going to offer a seven day trial for anybody to try it out, so there's an easy way to see for yourselves if you want more of it or not.

I never realized EA Access was for EA fans. I just thought it was something that didn't provide value and gamers didn't want it. Or so that's what Sony said.

I think it's a very smart business move for Sony.  Hotel chains, malls, electronic stores and others around the world will sign up for this service.  Sony needs to continue to shed off most of their portfolio, and just concentrate on digital distributions and consoles now.  

Wait, so some games may only be available with a sub?

Very tricky, Sony. Wonder if they will break up series sets: like Uncharted 1&3 on sub, and 2 on rental/buy only.

EA Access and PS Now are completely different services with completely different focuses and scopes. EA Access is for EA fans. PS Now is for the many people with PS4s and Vitas and whatever else it's on that skipped the PS3, but would like to play those games without paying for the console and all that. They're not going to add PS4 games because that's what the PS4 and Remote Play is for along with PS+'s monthly offerings.

Right now, PS Now has 214 games on there along with a number of them that aren't on PSN (FFXIII, Alpha Protocol, Way of the Samurai 3, El Shaddai, and a few others), though the wording on the announcement makes it seem like they're not offering all of that with the subscription (confirmed here). The big teaser image on the PS Blog even shows a bunch of games not on PS Now, so it'll be interesting to see how that all works out.

They are going to offer a seven day trial for anybody to try it out, so there's an easy way to see for yourselves if you want more of it or not.

The pricing isn't all that bad. I mean cheaper is always better but if they offer such a large library I could see some value in it.

And to Frisky's point I don't think your average CAG is their target consumer. I'd be willing to bet everyone in this thread either has or has had a PS3. If so this service might not be for you.

I know some guys that were Xbox guys last gen but changed to PS this Gen. I can imagine PS Now will be right down their alley.

I was still interested to unload my physical games. We all like to keep our old stuff but how often will we go back and play Resistance(1), or Rachet and Clank?

Loved The Swapper on PC. Still prefer console gaming so I'm excited to play it again on PS4. Between BoI:Rebirth and The Swapper, I've gotten a lot out of Plus recently.

Hit the nail on the head, Frisky. This service is appealing, but I already have a PS3 in the living room, along with an Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PS4 in the bedroom. Not to mention I'm more interested in Playstation Vue/Sling TV, since I no longer have cable TV, so I don't need another subscription.

Still can't decide on Danganronpa 2.  Price seems decent, don't expect a litany of sales or for it to go much cheaper, have some credit I got half off still, and want to play it at some point.  Still, something's kept me from buying it for the last two weeks.

Still can't decide on Danganronpa 2. Price seems decent, don't expect a litany of sales or for it to go much cheaper, have some credit I got half off still, and want to play it at some point. Still, something's kept me from buying it for the last two weeks.
It'll be half off or more somewhere down the line digitally. I loved the game, but if you're not in a rush to play it you could always just hold out for a bigger discount.

Still can't decide on Danganronpa 2. Price seems decent, don't expect a litany of sales or for it to go much cheaper, have some credit I got half off still, and want to play it at some point. Still, something's kept me from buying it for the last two weeks.
I'm gonna say get the physical version because the first one is already OOP apparently and I would imagine the second will be as well.

$1.44 short of being able to get Danganronpa 2 and Escape Goat 2 (forgot I was interested in this one).  Stupid Sony add $5 at a time nonsense.

Lone Survivor is cross buy for PS3/Vita but not PS4?  That's silly.

I ended up deciding to buy Diablo last night.  The more I thought about it the more it was a no brainer. My wallet still had my PSN money from the kongregate deals, so it ended up really being only $18, and with the digital purchase my wife and I can play at same time on our own PS4s.

Excited to try it soon.

But GameFly isn't just back catalog filler. Nothing new/hot on Now.
There are pros and cons to both options. Gamefly has wait times for shipping, availability, and queue management, so you spend a decent portion of each month not playing the games.

What's your definition of "new/hot"? PS Now isn't going to replace the need to buy brand new games, as pubs aren't going to put them on the sub service that quickly. The same happens on Amazon Prime/Netflix, though at a quicker pace because it's more mature. The library right now is growing slowly, so what's true now may not be the case in the fall or beyond.

Wait, so some games may only be available with a sub?
Very tricky, Sony. Wonder if they will break up series sets: like Uncharted 1&3 on sub, and 2 on rental/buy only.
Where'd you see this? There are more games than will be in the sub, but they haven't said anything about not offering rental for all of the games on PS Now. It seems like there will an influx of new titles coming to PS Now alongside the subscription service.

What is everyone's assessment of PS Now as a functioning service?  I'm not talking about pricing or selection, but simply the quality of the streams.  I was somewhat impressed with the quality when I tried it awhile ago, but there was still some lag or other minor issues that just made me think it will be a long time before it feels the same as a playing a PS3 game on my PS3 (and so forth).  I was impressed simply because it was better than my low expectations.  I have pretty good quality internet and network, so i'm wondering if i'm just picky, if the service has gotten better, or if there are still problems.

Where'd you see this? There are more games than will be in the sub, but they haven't said anything about not offering rental for all of the games on PS Now. It seems like there will an influx of new titles coming to PS Now alongside the subscription service.
wasn't trying to state a fact if it came across that way (I said I wonder if they will). Just an idea to futher capitalize, and give more incentive for people to subscribe.

I am all for the idea of Playstation Now but it is still really hard to accept the pricing on it. Wouldn't be a major blow if it weren't for the even worse rental options. I'd be interested in playing Bioshock Infinite and God of War Ascension but not at the price they would be offering. I love the idea of streaming these PS3 games to my Vita and hope they lower the rental options which then if I liked it I'd be more willing to try the subscription route.

wasn't trying to state a fact if it came across that way (I said I wonder if they will). Just an idea to futher capitalize, and give more incentive for people to subscribe.
Actually, if you read the comment section for the PS Now subscription announcement, it was confirmed by a Sony rep that there will be 100+ games in the program, not the 250+ that are currently for rent.

If that's the case, it's a little misleading. But I'm thinking that maybe licensing fees for some companies, like maybe Square-Enix, were too high to include.

If anyone is still interested, Best Buy has Infamous Second Son on sale for $20. I read a couple of comments awhile back that some people were confused which Infamous was to PS+ this month. 

I am all for the idea of Playstation Now but it is still really hard to accept the pricing on it. Wouldn't be a major blow if it weren't for the even worse rental options. I'd be interested in playing Bioshock Infinite and God of War Ascension but not at the price they would be offering. I love the idea of streaming these PS3 games to my Vita and hope they lower the rental options which then if I liked it I'd be more willing to try the subscription route.
At the rate I play, it seems like I would be much better off buying these games - especially used. I'm going to guess that Bioshock Infinite and GOW:Ascension would take me at least a month to complete and each of these games can most certainly be had for $10 or less each. Factor in freebies from other services like PS Plus, the backlog that most people have, and ongoing games that people play (especially multiplayer stuff), and most people shouldn't need this service. That being said, people like me will probably get it just because of a sad addiction to video games and a sad addiction to perceived value.

psn now is downgrade in gx and control response. It is nice still but i feel like i am playing them on a ps3 knockoff system. Those new nes emu systems cant beat orig nes console.

You're checking here for sale news on a Monday? The store updates on Tuesdays.

If all you want is the list of what's on sale and how much it's on sale for, read the OP. The majority of our conversations are about the games that are on sale, or free with plus, or questions about various games we might want that end up in debates over the pros and cons of the games, which is definitely on topic. The OP has all the sales numbers and is updated pretty much the second the store updates. No need to read comments if that's all you want.
It leaks often enough before tue.... Go outside

It leaks often enough before tue.... Go outside
To my knowledge it really hasn't been being given out before Tuesday since they stopped doing weekly PS+ announcements. Even then, the full list of sales wasn't necessarily available on Monday, only the PS+ discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back