PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, I am not a fanboy by any means, but honestly, MS has some crappy sales, but this one takes the cake as the worst I've seen. I've been patiently waiting for the holiday sale to end so I might pick up some other PS4 games I was interested in. And recovering from Christmas expenses, was hoping for something decent on sale. Not this.

Probably want people to save up and subscribe to PlayStation Now. I've played most of the PS3 games I want so that's a no go for me as well.
I would have thought you'd be happy.

Shitty sales means no need to burn a bigger hole in your pocket. :D/ I could use a week or so to recuperate.

From a business aspect they probably figured that people would be too poor after the holidays and the only folks who wanted the sale were the lucky folks who got PSN denominations for presents and are dying to burn through their gift credit as soon as possible. So instead they give a week or so of very bleh sales in hopes that people are impatient and purchase the games they were eyeing at full price. That or it was the holidays and the folks in charge of doing the deals for sales where too lazy to set-up anything impressive.

Don't know about proof, but there's WAY more games listed on the subscription than there are on that banner so don't think that's the source.

Also, even Sony reps responding to questions on their blog freely admitted they would have 100+ and not he 250+ games on the current rental service.

Stop drinking the lemonade

For SOME people who never owned a PS3, it still may be worth it. Just don't say it's something that it's not.
Why don't you be reasonable for a moment and pay attention for a second.

There are 102 games on the banner image here and there are 102 games on their list of games in the PS Now subscription service. It's the exact same list. Don't believe me? Go look for yourself and come back here when you're done being snarky about it. I'm guessing that you're seeing the many lists in that article that are included one after the other and are mixing them up as one list or something like that.

I never said that every game on PS Now would be in the sub. In fact, I mentioned this yesterday along with the fact that not every game on the subscription list was already on PS Now, so those games will have to be added for next week's launch of the service anyway. There's no reason to jump to conclusions that those games won't also be available for rentals when there's nothing to suggest otherwise unless you want to be as much of a negative nelly as possible.

So I gave my friend a 1-year Playstation Plus membership for Christmas.

Doesn't download all the monthly free games. Only picks what he feels like playing. (He only downloaded Injustice and nothing else)

What an idiot (and I apologize to those who does that to their plus membership as well)

/facepalm

Doesn't download all the monthly free games. Only picks what he feels like playing. (He only downloaded Injustice and nothing else)

What an idiot (and I apologize to those who does that to their plus membership as well)

/facepalm
No, no. Don't apologize to them. They're big dumb dumbs.

I never download all the plus games. There are certain games that I know I would never touch, so why clutter up my download list with them?

/facepalm
Yup! I did the same thing and gave my buddy a 1-year Plus subscription last year, and he only downloaded the games that he wanted to play during the week of release. And some weeks, even months nowadays, he doesn't even bother to check to see if there are any new games available for Plus during the month so he would miss the entire month. Needless to say, I didn't give him another year of Plus this year.

Why don't you be reasonable for a moment and pay attention for a second.

There are 102 games on the banner image here and there are 102 games on their list of games in the PS Now subscription service. It's the exact same list. Don't believe me? Go look for yourself and come back here when you're done being snarky about it. I'm guessing that you're seeing the many lists in that article that are included one after the other and are mixing them up as one list or something like that.

I never said that every game on PS Now would be in the sub. In fact, I mentioned this yesterday along with the fact that not every game on the subscription list was already on PS Now, so those games will have to be added for next week's launch of the service anyway. There's no reason to jump to conclusions that those games won't also be available for rentals when there's nothing to suggest otherwise unless you want to be as much of a negative nelly as possible.
Ok. I counted and looks like you are right about the image. But if Sony says 100+ games and the rental device has more than 250 games then there's no reason to assume they're wrong either.

Only time will tell. And, as with everything, it may be worth it for some people and not others. If it is right, though, I think it is kind of silly for them to have the first game in a well known franchise like Infamous available in the subscription and not the second one. Almost seems like they're baiting people to rent a game from a dev they own and series they publish. Maybe they'll add it. I don't know. Nobody knows.

For me, I currently don't see value in it. But as I mentioned, someone who never had a PS3 may get great value out of it.

Because it's part of what you pay for and you never know when you'll decide you want them?
I disagree. There are some plus games that I no I would never play in a million years because they are in a genre that I simply do not like. To clarify, I do claim games that I think I might want to try even if I'm not sure I'll like them, but I don't claim everything like some of you do.

Because it's part of what you pay for and you never know when you'll decide you want them?
Yeah, but you have to weigh that against the cost of making the download list more difficult to wade through. I've been a Plus member for less than a year, and it's already pretty unpleasant. I've given up hope that Sony will ever make download list management more intelligent.

I disagree. There are some plus games that I no I would never play in a million years because they are in a genre that I simply do not like. To clarify, I do claim games that I think I might want to try even if I'm not sure I'll like them, but I don't claim everything like some of you do.
What if you get very bored and god forbid you've actually gone through all of your backlog and for the hell of it want to go out of your comfort zone and try something you've never liked before because people grow older and tastes change? It's nice to keep an option open rather then regret it later because your younger self thought otherwise, right?

What if you get very bored and god forbid you've actually gone through all of your backlog and for the hell of it want to go out of your comfort zone and try something you've never liked before because people grow older and tastes change? It's nice to keep an option open rather then regret it later because your younger self thought otherwise, right?
Regret is a strong word to use in this case as I doubt I would ever feel regret for not claiming a plus game. Especially since they'll likely be available to purchase very cheaply if I really wanted to play that specific game. I will agree with you though that tastes do changed slightly over time and there's no way for me to know what I'll like 10 years from now.

Regret is a strong word to use in this case as I doubt I would ever feel regret for not claiming a plus game. Especially since they'll likely be available to purchase very cheaply if I really wanted to play that specific game. I will agree with you though that tastes do changed slightly over time and there's no way for me to know what I'll like 10 years from now.
This is CAG though, so of course majority of us will claim the game on the slight chance me might play it down the line. Even just play it once so we can say we played it while talking crap about it :lol: .

This is CAG though, so of course majority of us will claim the game on the slight chance me might play it down the line. Even just play it once so we can say we played it while talking crap about it :lol: .
Well you convinced me lol. I just claimed all of January's games.

Yeah, but you have to weigh that against the cost of making the download list more difficult to wade through. I've been a Plus member for less than a year, and it's already pretty unpleasant. I've given up hope that Sony will ever make download list management more intelligent.
At the PSN store website if you look at the page for a game you own you'll have the option to download the game to your PS3, PS4, or PS Vita. As long as you know what you want to download you don't have to bother with the download lists.

I would imagine you could start a download if you look at the game's section in a console's PSN store as well. I'm not sure because I always use the website.

I claim everything. Since I have 2TB in my PS4 I download all of it's PS+ games. I have a 120GB PS3 and a 16GB memory card for my Playstation TV, so I only download what I'm sure to play or what I'm about to play.

My PS3 from Cowboom arrived yesterday. PS+ is very nice when you have all three platforms. Though I guess I have 2.5 of the platforms since not all Vita games will work on the PS TV.

PSNow sub prices seem reasaonable to me, if  you don't have a ps3 and are using it a lot.  I mean, you could theoretically game forever on it, with no console, just a sub and a controller.  

Obviously most of us have ps3s so aren't really the target; plus we're cags so doubly not the target.   But if all I wanted was to be able to turn on the tv and play a game sometimes?  Or was at a hotel?  Yeah. I could see that.

Well you convinced me lol. I just claimed all of January's games.
I've been claiming PS4 games since they started offering them and since I just got a PS4 a couple weeks ago I don't even need to worry about games for a while. It's actually the most financially sound way to make use of your PS+ plus account...plus, GAMEZ!

I've been claiming PS4 games since they started offering them and since I just got a PS4 a couple weeks ago I don't even need to worry about games for a while. It's actually the most financially sound way to make use of your PS+ plus account...plus, GAMEZ!
PS+ is the only reason I still have my PS4. :???:

Regardless, It still makes my friend an idiot by not claiming all the games every month since some of the games are not his type of genre. A waste of $49/year if he can't stop being picky. 

Even if you got rid of it wouldn't you just buy another one the first time there was a good sale? :whistle2:k
Probably.... :wall:

I thought about getting rid of it because I've played one game on it in months and don't even own any games for it right now that aren't from PS+. Well I probably own a couple PSN games that I got from cross buy but it's stuff I bought to play on the Vita anyway. There's nothing exclusive I want to play on it, I have all the multi platform games I want on Le 'Bone, and I don't see anything coming soon that will get me to play it. But now it has a 2TB drive in it and I have a pile of PS+ stuff so I'll probably just hang on to it until stuff finally comes out. That and even the $325 GS was offering before the holidays wasn't really worth it.

Just bought duck tales and now it's free. Didn't even activate yet. Just my luck. Other than that very happy with this months freebies. Especially Infamous.

Regardless, It still makes my friend an idiot by not claiming all the games every month since some of the games are not his type of genre. A waste of $49/year if he can't stop being picky.
I bet your the kind of guy at Christmas that gets irate with his kids for choosing the cardboard box over the big shiny toy inside. "That's not how you enjoy your present, your doing it wrong!"

I bet your the kind of guy at Christmas that gets irate with his kids for choosing the cardboard box over the big shiny toy inside. "That's not how you enjoy your present, your doing it wrong!"
Except PS+ isn't usually gift. It's a paid service, and it only makes sense to get as much as you can for the services you're paying for.

I'm not gonna tell people how to spend their imaginary money, but if people knew how easy it was to "buy" the free games from the webstore and download them whenever the hell they want they'd get a lot of bang for their PS+ bux.

Except PS+ isn't usually gift. It's a paid service, and it only makes sense to get as much as you can for the services you're paying for.

I'm not gonna tell people how to spend their imaginary money, but if people knew how easy it was to "buy" the free games from the webstore and download them whenever the hell they want they'd get a lot of bang for their PS+ bux.
Except in Versafied's example it was given as a gift. I think you missed the broader point I was getting at.

I'm not debating about the value of PS+ or how to fully utilitize it's services. If I was, I would be in lock step with Versafied and others because I queue up all available games month to month and purchase them on the web store. I was a late adopter to the PS3, I have a huge backlog, and I'm not sure I will even be getting a PS4 in the near future (I'll probably cave if/when a MGSV console bundle pops up during BF). Yet I still purchase every PS+ game on PS4 because, if I do pick up the system one day, I want to be able to saddle myself with another punishingly large backlog. But I digress.

I was trying to use humor to illustrate my point about Versafied's own dissatisfaction towards his friend's satisfaction. I mean, how do you get a gift for someone and then get pissed at them for actually making use of your gift and finding enjoyment in it? That sort of defeats the whole purpose of gift giving and the spirit from which it derives.

Personally, I pay for Plus primarily just to game with friends. Just as I did back on 360. And before PS4 it would have been for the additional Plus sale discounts on games I want to play. The actual Plus library for the most part contains nothing I want to play, or occasionally games I've already owned months or years prior. I have absolutely no need claim games that I will never play or already own just squeeze the proverbial penny out of Sony in the interest of making myself believe I'm getting more than I am.

For those that actually play everything offered, keep doing you especially if you enjoy it. I'm just not going to be forced into wasting time with games I could care less about when I have a backlog brimming with content I'm looking forward to for the sake of getting the extra bang for my buck. My time is worth more than a few dollars a month.

Except in Versafied's example it was given as a gift. I think you missed the broader point I was getting at.
I didn't read his post, that was all me. I legitimately hate when people criticize the people they get gifts for. Like giving someone money and getting upset when they use it to buy something you don't like. It's not your money anymore, and they have every right to do what they want.

Personally, I pay for Plus primarily just to game with friends.
I really can't believe they went this route. I got my + sub because it was cheap on black friday and like the deals, but having it necessary to play online is really low. I love how they try to pass the buck by saying it's up to the developers to implement it, too. Crappy business practices, but doesn't deter anyone because they've sold 18 million PS4s. Ridiculous.

I really can't believe they went this route. I got my + sub because it was cheap on black friday and like the deals, but having it necessary to play online is really low. I love how they try to pass the buck by saying it's up to the developers to implement it, too. Crappy business practices, but doesn't deter anyone because they've sold 18 million PS4s. Ridiculous.
It doesn't phase me since I was primarily a 360 gamer for the better part of last generation (although Live does get crazy discounts frequently compared to Plus). I think it was pretty plain to see it coming, the extra revenue MS raked in from the sub is just a no brainer for Sony as a company. Thats a hefty chuck of change they missed out on completely for the life of the PS3.

That's nice. And when I use the app to download and/or install those games, I wouldn't show up as online to my friends? I'd like to avoid showing up as online when I'm not home
The app will keep you as offline to your friends. (Also when you say app I'm assuming you mean the android/iOS one. On Android it will open the store in the default browser.)

Personally, I pay for Plus primarily just to game with friends. Just as I did back on 360. And before PS4 it would have been for the additional Plus sale discounts on games I want to play. The actual Plus library for the most part contains nothing I want to play, or occasionally games I've already owned months or years prior. I have absolutely no need claim games that I will never play or already own just squeeze the proverbial penny out of Sony in the interest of making myself believe I'm getting more than I am.

For those that actually play everything offered, keep doing you especially if you enjoy it. I'm just not going to be forced into wasting time with games I could care less about when I have a backlog brimming with content I'm looking forward to for the sake of getting the extra bang for my buck. My time is worth more than a few dollars a month.
LOL, do people honestly not know what proverbial means anymore? It has a definition, its not just a random word meant to dress up a sentence to look nicer.

LOL, do people honestly not know what proverbial means anymore? It has a definition, its not just a random word meant to dress up a sentence to look nicer.
Proverbial penny as in the proverb penny saved is a penny earned? No more coffee for you, simma down na, simma down!

Proverbial penny as in the proverb penny saved is a penny earned? No more coffee for you, simma down na, simma down!
The 'proverbial penny' is a real thing, but really you should always define your proverb -- for example, proper usage would be 'the proverbial penny saved' or the 'the proverbial bad penny'. Just like you wouldn't say 'the proverbial horse' or 'the proverbial stitch', but rather, give a bit more information with 'the proverbial gift horse' or 'the proverbial stitch in time' - otherwise it's a far harder for others to parse. Is the 'proverbial bird' an early bird or a bird in the hand?

So I think the defintion of 'proverbial' was correct in the original post, though the technical usage was slightly off. There are a lot of proverbs about pennies (penny earned, bad penny, penny dropping, etc), so 'the proverbial penny' lacks a lot of specificity.

I'd rather be talking about roguelikes or something, can we get back on topic? Also, please don't confuse the above for me actually caring if someone misuses proverbial.

I don't have my ps3 with me but if I download the free games through the ps app I should be good right? No need to install, just download?
There's no need to even download. All you have to do is go through the checkout process for the games. I was doing that for the PS3 and Vita games before I owned the consoles to play them on.

Indeed, there are a lot of games you might think are not going to be good by appearances and then when you actually play them they are great. For instance, lots of people discovered the awesomeness of Spec Ops: The Line via PS+.

Out of the games that you picked up for the holidays/new year, what game are you having the most fun with? 

I just started Shadows of Mordor and it is amazing.  Takes the best parts of AC and Batman with a great transition from mission to exploration segments. 

I'd recommend just going through the online Sony PSN store and adding the PS+ titles you're interested in to the cart and checking out. You get all the different games (System PSN stores are segregated from the other system's titles), and It's only once a month so it's not too bad. 

The 'proverbial penny' is a real thing, but really you should always define your proverb -- for example, proper usage would be 'the proverbial penny saved' or the 'the proverbial bad penny'. Just like you wouldn't say 'the proverbial horse' or 'the proverbial stitch', but rather, give a bit more information with 'the proverbial gift horse' or 'the proverbial stitch in time' - otherwise it's a far harder for others to parse. Is the 'proverbial bird' an early bird or a bird in the hand?

So I think the defintion of 'proverbial' was correct in the original post, though the technical usage was slightly off. There are a lot of proverbs about pennies (penny earned, bad penny, penny dropping, etc), so 'the proverbial penny' lacks a lot of specificity.

I'd rather be talking about roguelikes or something, can we get back on topic? Also, please don't confuse the above for me actually caring if someone misuses proverbial.

You guys are my proverbial knight in shining armor. :whistle2:

Grabbed all the PS+ titles as usual.  I'm glad I didn't waste time yesterday hoping for a good sale.  I just wanted the batch of games for the month and I'll keep an eye out until the next big sale hits.  No muss or fuss.

For those that don't get all the games on PS+ in their virtual library... that's not really any of my business, do what you want.

For me, I grab everything because I have kids and while I know myself and know what I like well enough to put money down on games I want, my taste doesn't always mesh perfectly with the kids and having all the games offered up for free offers some variety for them beyond what I'd buy them.   I don't own a Vita or PS4 but if I ever do then I'm set with a large selection of games to play.  Maybe they won't all be worth my time or my kids time but for free with the yearly subscription, I think it's worth the minute or two it takes to hit the webstore and throw em all in the cart and checkout.  If I don't like the games I can always delete them after I give em a shot.  And yeah on the store through the console I can just look up a specific game I want and install it from the game page rather than digging through the download list.  Or I can just do it on the webstore and push the download to all of my PS3 systems.  :)   That's actually what I did today with Duke3D and TheSwapper... so when I get home tonight I'll have new games waiting for me.   The download list was a mess for me on day 1 when I added a bunch of free avatars and stuff and redeemed my code bundled in with the disc version of Journey.   So I'm way past being OCD about the download list.   YES I wish I could run a filter on it like when searching for games... but eh I can deal with the mess considering all the money it's saved me.

I can fully understand giving someone a gift and then being disappointed they don't use it.   Some people just aren't grateful or understanding of the things they are given.  Still, it's not worth getting upset about it.  Just don't waste money on folks that don't appreciate it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back