PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you're like me and don't really care for Final Fantasy AND have had PS+ for a few years, this sale has nothing really to offer. Of course, My assessment of Final Fantasy is based off of only spending a couple hours in FFV and a few more in FFXIII, so it's solid. At this point, I just figure I'm too late to the FF game to get in to it.
You're never too late to get back into a FF game. I haven't played FF in a long while, but FFXIV just rekindled my love for the series. It's definitely one of my favorites so far, and I haven't even started the endgame stuff, which are tons of more gameplay than the main campaign.

As a poster above have already stated, you should definitely start with FFX Remastered. It's one of the best, and my favorite, of the series.

One as the third best FF game? Time to practice the ol' duck and cover.
herewego.gif

I was with you until you included 1. First entry excuses aside, that was one of the most gimmicky of them all.
They were NOT listed in the order of my favorites, just the ones I liked off the top of my head.

That being said I do enjoy the remakes/ports of 1 on the PSP and GBA immensely.

However those are the only ones I played to completion, I had the original when it was released but I was 9 and never could get past the Dark Elf.

I forgot to include 12 which I loved dearly due to the mostly strong characters and narrative.

..................Erm.......

I mean, I know that's a typo, but still...

Or at least, I sure hope it is.
Thank you for pointing that out!

This is becoming a major problem and a personal pet peeve.

I'm 34, I have a masters in computer science but when I am writing up things.. I tend to think one thing and type another. Usually a word of the same length but not the word I meant in the first place.
It makes it even hard when I go back to review my work, only to forget what I meant to say in the first place due to the typo.

Thank you for pointing that out!

This is becoming a major problem and a personal pet peeve.

I'm 34, I have a masters in computer science but when I am writing up things.. I tend to think one thing and type another. Usually a word of the same length but not the word I meant in the first place.
It makes it even hard when I go back to review my work, only to forget what I meant to say in the first place due to the typo.
Same, I occasionally have the problem of typing random other words instead of the word i wanted to type. It seems to get worse if I am sleep deprived.

Is it just me or does it seem like Sony hasn't given a shit about PS4 owners lately. The Anniversary sale didn't have crap for PS4, but some decent deals for everyone else. Now this sale, again, doesn't have crap for PS4 but some okay things for everyone else.

Guess they just feel like all people who got a PS4 for Christmas should be forced to pay full price for anything good.

Starting to really tick me off.

Would it hurt to put some PSN games on sale? like Velocity 2X? Or Transistor?

Is it just me or does it seem like Sony hasn't given a shit about PS4 owners lately. The Anniversary sale didn't have crap for PS4, but some decent deals for everyone else. Now this sale, again, doesn't have crap for PS4 but some okay things for everyone else.

Guess they just feel like all people who got a PS4 for Christmas should be forced to pay full price for anything good.

Starting to really tick me off.

Would it hurt to put some PSN games on sale? like Velocity 2X? Or Transistor?
They don't own the rights to every game on the PS4 and thus can't force third parties to put their games on sale all of the time to appease impatient early adopters. Since the PS4 is only a year old, publishers believe their early games hold their value longer than those same games would on the other platforms, so they don't feel the need to put that stuff on sale as often or for as much as the other versions out there.

So, so, so, SO many repeat sales this week. Borderlands & Bioshock are the go-to sale for PSN, I swear.

Citizens Of Earth may be worth it this weekend with the bonus 10% off.

Thoughts on Final Fantasy III and Legend of Mana?

The only titles I 100% want so far are Gex and American Mensa Academy. I already picked up Resident Evil so I don't know what to use the upcoming discount code on.  Leaning towards using it on Third Birthday and parting with the disc.

Hey thanks Frisky, it's crazy- just last night I was thinking that I'd like to replay The 3rd Birthday on vita, and look- here it is for $10.

Now to find my psp and get that save off of there...

They don't own the rights to every game on the PS4 and thus can't force third parties to put their games on sale all of the time to appease impatient early adopters. Since the PS4 is only a year old, publishers believe their early games hold their value longer than those same games would on the other platforms, so they don't feel the need to put that stuff on sale as often or for as much as the other versions out there.
Not here to start a flame war because I've owned ever Sony system since PS2 (my PS3 died last year). I also own an Xbox One. Which system do you think I've bought more for over the past month? The X1. Which did I WANT to spend more money on? The PS4.

Yes, I know PS4 is winning so guess that makes it okay for fewer sales on PSN vs XBL. There are games that Sony published that could be on sale, but they haven't been.

Just sucks. I'm cash poor after the holidays so especially if it's cross platform, I'll go for the better deals.

So, so, so, SO many repeat sales this week. Borderlands & Bioshock are the go-to sale for PSN, I swear.

Citizens Of Earth may be worth it this weekend with the bonus 10% off.
If CAG search is working correctly, we had one sale on Borderlands 2 in 2014 and this is obviously the only sale this year, so it's not much of a repeat sale. The same seems to be true for BioShock.

Only Mafia 2 for me. Great game when I played on :360:, down to play again on :ps3:

Unless there is a surprise flash sale for the weekend, I'm going to use my 10% on Mafia 2 and Ratchet: Deadlocked. That's it

I don't mind 10-12 GB for a digital download, depending on the game. 15 GB is definitely way too much for a digital download.
Especially for a fighting game that's only an incremental improvement over its predecessor. Once I saw that and the sale price of $16, I passed. I've already got 85 PS3 games and 12 PS2 games on it with that much more space to spare.

Not here to start a flame war because I've owned ever Sony system since PS2 (my PS3 died last year). I also own an Xbox One. Which system do you think I've bought more for over the past month? The X1. Which did I WANT to spend more money on? The PS4.

Yes, I know PS4 is winning so guess that makes it okay for fewer sales on PSN vs XBL. There are games that Sony published that could be on sale, but they haven't been.

Just sucks. I'm cash poor after the holidays so especially if it's cross platform, I'll go for the better deals.
What great deals h ave there been on Xbox Live for Xbox 1?

Sony has put a lot of their 1st party games on sell. MLB, Infamous, Killzone and Knack have been under $20 a lot. LBP 3 and Drive club are always under 40 and Last of US has been under 30.

What does any of that have to do with what I said? You always seem to jump to fanboy accusations and such at the drop of a hat over nothing, so I suggest you cool it with the feet-stomping posts when there aren't 100 PS4 games on sale every week at $0.99 each. This isn't the PlayStation Blog, so rational, logical posts are appreciated here.

If you want some hard numbers on how no PS4 games go on sale, we've had just over 90 PS4 games on sale since 11/25 and that's not counting today's sales or the flash sale that I believe happened during Thanksgiving weekend. Quality of the pricing aside since that's completely subjective, that's quite a lot of games to have on sale during the busy holiday season. You might have missed them, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen.

If you want to argue PS4 vs. Xbox One or PSN vs. XBL, feel free to find somebody else to complain to because I have no interest in getting baited by your attempts to take it in that direction.

Only Mafia 2 for me. Great game when I played on :360:, down to play again on :ps3:

Unless there is a surprise flash sale for the weekend, I'm going to use my 10% on Mafia 2 and Ratchet: Deadlocked. That's it
Just throwing this out there, but if you buy Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault (digital or disc) you get Deadlocked for free. FFA isn't too bad, it's got some tower defense elements but the core R&C gameplay (run jump strafe shoot) is intact. Pretty easy platinum too, if you're into that sort of thing.

If CAG search is working correctly, we had one sale on Borderlands 2 in 2014 and this is obviously the only sale this year, so it's not much of a repeat sale. The same seems to be true for BioShock.
Bioshock Infinite went free around this time last year, the first two were in a franchise sale in March, flash sale in May and August, Halloween sale in October, and a flash sale in November.

What does any of that have to do with what I said? You always seem to jump to fanboy accusations and such at the drop of a hat over nothing, so I suggest you cool it with the feet-stomping posts when there aren't 100 PS4 games on sale every week at $0.99 each. This isn't the PlayStation Blog, so rational, logical posts are appreciated here.

If you want some hard numbers on how no PS4 games go on sale, we've had just over 90 PS4 games on sale since 11/25 and that's not counting today's sales or the flash sale that I believe happened during Thanksgiving weekend. Quality of the pricing aside since that's completely subjective, that's quite a lot of games to have on sale during the busy holiday season. You might have missed them, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen.

If you want to argue PS4 vs. Xbox One or PSN vs. XBL, feel free to find somebody else to complain to because I have no interest in getting baited by your attempts to take it in that direction.

OMG. I wasn't trying to start a argument over the two systems. Just saying that since Christmas, there hasn't been any good PS4 deals. And that's kind of crappy for new owners.

I love my PS4 just as much as my Xbox One. I just don't have many games yet for my PS4. All I'm saying is it would be nice to show new PS4 owners who haven't been around since Thanksgiving some love.

I don't want or expect 100 PS4 games to be on sale for $. 99. and what isn't rational about pointing out the lack of PS4 sales?

And I guess part of my problem is knowing when I was a PS3 owner how food the sales were, especially for PS+, I guess I had hope it would be better than XBL for PS4 sales. My expectations need to be lowered.

Peace out.

For that matter, Borderlands 1 & 2 were both (I believe) IGC games at some point in the last year and a half. Co-op sale in Nov 2014, were $5 each in Sept 2014, and were even on sale around the end of 2013 as well.

Just throwing this out there, but if you buy Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault (digital or disc) you get Deadlocked for free. FFA isn't too bad, it's got some tower defense elements but the core R&C gameplay (run jump strafe shoot) is intact. Pretty easy platinum too, if you're into that sort of thing.
Thank You, Thank You. I had just got FFA for $10 at Target 2 weeks ago. Just went through disc benefits and registered it and I have Deadlocked downloading now. :D Now I got to find something else to buy. I would have wasted $9 if you didn't tell me that. Whew!

Especially for a fighting game that's only an incremental improvement over its predecessor. Once I saw that and the sale price of $16, I passed. I've already got 85 PS3 games and 12 PS2 games on it with that much more space to spare.
If I read something correctly not too long ago all they did was add two or three fighters (and charged a premium). Not worth it at any price be it a physical copy or digital download. I don't know if it's a permanent price drop or not, Gamestop has Street Fight IV Ultra for $18 used for PS3.

My old 160GB hard drive couldn't handle the load any more, I went from having about 7 or 8 physical games to 42. I really started downloading digital games when they had the flash sale on racing games and downloaded 4 that I wanted. Between physical and digital games for PS3 and digital games for PSP I've got roughly 100 games.

Bioshock Infinite went free around this time last year, the first two were in a franchise sale in March, flash sale in May and August, Halloween sale in October, and a flash sale in November.
Thanks. I don't really count PS+ as a deal worth mentioning among sales nor would flash sales count in this search, but at least I know not to trust CAG's search and to do future searches page by page from now on.

The last Borderlands 2 sales were in September and November of 2014, then June of 2013.

I have Legend of Mana on PS1 but gave up on it since I wasn't having any fun. It seemed like a bad attempt at having an open-world Mana game and I couldn't figure out how to progress correctly without a walkthrough. You go to a location and after clearing, you sometimes get rewarded with a new location to plop down on the overworld. You then pick a different location but sometimes nothing happens when you go there, so you can't actually clear it, so you go back and try to figure out what the heck you're supposed to do, with the game giving almost no indication. Just not my cup of tea.

Favorite Final Fantasies hmmm...
6 6 6 6 6 9 4 6 6 6 6 6 5, then 10.   1, 2, and 3 garbled in there before 10 but after 5, and then the rest of the games.

I have Legend of Mana on PS1 but gave up on it since I wasn't having any fun. It seemed like a bad attempt at having an open-world Mana game and I couldn't figure out how to progress correctly without a walkthrough. You go to a location and after clearing, you sometimes get rewarded with a new location to plop down on the overworld. You then pick a different location but sometimes nothing happens when you go there, so you can't actually clear it, so you go back and try to figure out what the heck you're supposed to do, with the game giving almost no indication. Just not my cup of tea.
This description just gave me a traumatic flashback to Saga Frontier 2. Thanks.

Thanks. I don't really count PS+ as a deal worth mentioning among sales nor would flash sales count in this search, but at least I know not to trust CAG's search and to do future searches page by page from now on.

The last Borderlands 2 sales were in September and November of 2014, then June of 2013.
I cheated and used the Googles. I know it's a total 'wait and see' for more PS4 games to be released (and thus more eligible for the sale), but it's kind of a bummer to see everything on sale be things that I've played through years ago.

OMG. I wasn't trying to start a argument over the two systems. Just saying that since Christmas, there hasn't been any good PS4 deals. And that's kind of crappy for new owners.

I love my PS4 just as much as my Xbox One. I just don't have many games yet for my PS4. All I'm saying is it would be nice to show new PS4 owners who haven't been around since Thanksgiving some love.

I don't want or expect 100 PS4 games to be on sale for $. 99. and what isn't rational about pointing out the lack of PS4 sales?

Peace out.
What's rational about suggesting that Sony hates PS4 owners because there hasn't been a "big" PS4-specific sale in the last three weeks? There has been a few games on sale in the last two weeks and even if the selection or pricing isn't to your liking, why does that lead to that sort of conclusion instead of realizing that not every week is going to be an amazing deal paradise and tempering expectations accordingly so you're not upset every week. I don't know why anybody puts themselves into that situation where every week has to be amazing or it's the worst thing to have ever happened in the history of humankind.

Any positive word here on Riviera: The Promised Land or Class of Heroes? Looking to grab another quality PSP RPG I may have missed over the years.

(Already grabbed Trails in the Sky and Tactics Ogre last week.)

You can try playing with a friend. Many of the Secret of Mana games support couch co-op including this one. I think someone here even mentioned that they played this or a Tales game with a spouse.

Any positive word here on Riviera: The Promised Land or Class of Heroes? Looking to grab another quality PSP RPG I may have missed over the years.

Personally, I dislike Class of Heroes. It plays almost exactly like the old PC Wizardry games (and the one on PSN). First person dungeon-crawler RPG, fairly unforgiving, but you can make your own party. My wife loves those types of games and likes Class of Heroes. If you can try the demo of the PS3 Wizardry, you should get a feel for the gameplay.

I played Riviera a few years ago, so my memory is pretty rusty. I liked it, but it rated every battle you did, and you couldn't repeat them. I think loot and ending paths and stuff were affected by how many turns you took in battle. It was fun, but I didn't want to put the time into it if it was going to grade me :).

Edit: What Legacy of Kain games do people recommend? I haven't played any in the series, but the first looks pretty good. Is it only the last one where you can play as both Kain and Raziel?

From what I've heard, the sequel to Class of Heroes fixes a number of the issues people had with the first game, though it never seems to go on sale for what that's worth. I wasn't a fan of the original in the little bit I played of it. I'd rather playing Etrian Odyssey or Persona Q on 3DS for my first-person dungeon crawling fix.

Anybody recommend Mini Ninjas? Looks ok for $5, but rather hear what you guys think about it.
It's a pretty good little action game that was better than what most people expected from a "kiddy" game made by the Hitman developer. It's a shame that the series turned into Kinect fodder and mobile BS to kill hopes of a legit sequel.

I played Riviera pretty recently. It's sort of like a combination of turn-based and SRPG, but on the lighter side, in that you spend most of the time just move forward between locations and battles. The twist with combat is that you get 4 slots to pick items/equipment and all except for the protagonist's weapons are limited use. If you run out during battle, you're SOL. Better items have less total uses, so it's a balancing act. Characters can also master items, which unlocks a powerful "limit break." Picking the right stuff to bring to a battle is not always easy, but you do get to see the enemy and their weaknesses before starting a battle (something I missed at the beginning). You don't have much to do outside battle, and some actions (looking at something in the environment, looting a chest) require action points that you get as a reward for doing better at combat or dungeon-clearing. It has some dumb QTEs for traps that I was awful at, but they weren't gamebreakers.

If you haven't played Yggdra Union, I would definitely recommend that over Riviera. I would say Yggdra is nearly a classic while Riviera is somewhat forgettable.

You can try playing with a friend. Many of the Secret of Mana games support couch co-op including this one. I think someone here even mentioned that they played this or a Tales game with a spouse.
I did play it with my spouse, and she lost interest before I did, which is why we shelved it rather than use a walkthrough. Many years ago when we were in a long distance relationship, we cleared Seiken Densetsu 3 together over one of those SNES emulators that had net support, and the two games are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of fun. Legend of Mana just seemed too pointless to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back