PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the sales suck this week, I think I'll pick up Minecraft. If I get the PS3 version then pay the fee to upgrade to the PS4 version, I still get to keep the PS3 version, right? May be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure.
No, they don't take away the previous copies you purchased.

I thought the upgrade deal only applied if you played the game before a certain date?
That would possibly only apply to the physical versions, not the digital versions where there's no need to "prove" you own the game by playing it.

[quote name="FriskyTanuki" post="12485217" timestamp="1423583660"]https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/565170975155965952[/quote]I thought it was up back in June of 2012 with other psp titles and some ps2 Ratchet and Clank games.

Maybe I'll try Aquapazza for $9.99. And Silent Hill: Origins on the PSP is cheap...buuut can't recall hearing if that was one of the many Silent Hill games that suck.

Weak sales this week when it comes to PS4 and Vita. The PS3 is getting some love though, but nothing that stands out for me. I'm really hoping that we get a sale like the Golden Week sale last year that had several great Japanese games on the cheap. 

Weak sales this week when it comes to PS4 and Vita. The PS3 is getting some love though, but nothing that stands out for me. I'm really hoping that we get a sale like the Golden Week sale last year that had several great Japanese games on the cheap.
Golden Week is in May. We're a long ways off still.

Golden Week is in May. We're a long ways off still.
I know, but I hope they do the sale again this year. Some of those games don't go on sale often, I think I got Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z for like $12 on Vita during the sale and I really enjoyed that game. I don't think it's been on sale since then either.

Hyperbole much? I have all platforms and play them all a relatively equal amount. No motive to do that bullshit. Every time someone criticizes a company, they MUST be infatuated with the competitor? Right, because that makes sense.
No, because you post tripe like "Sorry if that offends your lord and savior Sony." Only someone neck deep in console wars talks like that. I don't care whether we're talking about a company, a sports team, frisky, or a stray cat -- posting crap like 'up yours xyz because i didn't get my way' is immature nonsense.

Also, for future reference, look up hyperbole before you use it. You're the one engaging in it.

Bought and started up Super Stardust Ultra. The five planets included have different names than the planets in HD or Delta, though the bit I've played for the first planet is similar to what the first planet of HD offered with the saucer boss at the end.
How many weapon types, two or three? Hoping the answer is two.

I have been waiting for a SNK sale:

Samurai Showdown Anthology (I, II, III, IV, V, and VI) $10 sounds perfect

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/samurai-shodown-anthology/cid=UP0576-ULUS10401_00-SAMURAIANTHO0001

Debating on SNK ARCADE CLASSICS VOL. 1 (Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight,Fatal Fury, King of Fighters’94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Showdown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super Sidekicks 3, Top Hunter, World Heroes) not bad for $10
remembers when these neo geo titles looked awesome, now they looks very bad also remembers dumping tons of money into

P.O.W. - PRISONERS OF WAR when it was at the arcades

Interested in Vanguard for nostalgia value, but will it actually run on a PS3, or does it only say PS3 because you can download and sync to PSP?

So if someone could read through this thread and have a summary of the differences between the PSP SNK collections and the a la carte NEOGEO Station titles on my desk in the morning, that'd be great, thanks:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=415830
I would like to know this as well. Seems the ala carte games play in a smaller window but include a replay feature. Think I am just going for the SNK Arcade Classics with 16 games for $10.

I would like to know this as well. Seems the ala carte games play in a smaller window but include a replay feature. Think I am just going for the SNK Arcade Classics with 16 games for $10.
The individual games on PS3 have online play, too, but it seems the netcode is rubbish.

Interested in Vanguard for nostalgia value, but will it actually run on a PS3, or does it only say PS3 because you can download and sync to PSP?
The vast majority of Minis titles work on both PS3 and PSP, which should be the case with Vanguard. The few that don't will only list either PS3 or PSP as its compatible platform.

I find it weird that the last few weeks the PS+ sales have been pretty slim. Sure, there have been some good deals/sales in general, but usually PS+ subscribers always get additional discounts and I really haven't seen those. That's my main reason I subscribe..

Managed to get the #2 score in the world in Super Stardust Ultra's new Blockade mode. I'll have a video of that crazy run, but this screencap of the leaderboard will do for now.

[customspoiler='Spoiler']
B9hyFkoIQAEpssK.jpg
[/customspoiler]

How are those SNK collections on the PSP? I've heard less than flattering things about their performance. The Wii versions of those games are supposed to run a lot better.

Three minutes. Blockade basically takes the normal style of play and challenges you to play Snake at the same time, as you leave a trail of blocks behind you as you move around.
No idea what the game even is but if it was 3 hours I was going to be impressed no matter what it was.

I should clarify, if playing on a Vita only, how do the ala carte SNK games compare with the SNK Arcade Collection?

Here's my run in Super Stardust Delta's Blockade mode that at least was the 2nd best run in the world when I checked a little bit ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7qFoXYz1o

I should clarify, if playing on a Vita only, how do the ala carte SNK games compare with the SNK Arcade Collection?
I don't know about all, but some of the standalone games have some different options (such as KoF 94 allowing you to select single play or team play), whereas the SNK Arcade Collection is more of a front end to a Neo Geo emulator. It goes right into the game. There are some options you can play with by pressing Select, but some things are different, like KoF 94. Not sure about the other games though.

Two weeks in a row of terrible PS4 sales. I just want Dragon Age Inquisition on sale. I probably should have bought Battlefield 4 when it went on sale since I'm converting to digital, but after the Hardline beta, I'd rather just forget 4 even though it's decent and play Heist mode in Hardline instead.

How are those SNK collections on the PSP? I've heard less than flattering things about their performance. The Wii versions of those games are supposed to run a lot better.
Just downloaded the SNK Arcade Collection for PSP to Vita. They look and play great for me. You can also select Original Pixel, 4:3 and Full Screen.

I loved Baseball Stars, but never played Baseball Stars 2 or Baseball Stars Professional. Is either of them worth picking up? 

I loved Baseball Stars, but never played Baseball Stars 2 or Baseball Stars Professional. Are either of them worth picking up? 

So I just bought a digital copy of the last of us and have the physical copy installed. Do I have to delete the physical install and redownload it, or is there a way to change it from physical license to a digital one?

thats lame. oh well lol
Really is :(

Had the same problem with TLoU and LBP3, going from disc to digital. They need to fix that. Waste of time waiting for those games to download when you already have it installed especially TLoU with that big ass download :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back