PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if this is annoying but I wanted to ask, anyone have any idea the last time there was the dlc for the fallout on sale on psn? Always played the games on 360, but sold mine and want to replay at least 3. Thanks guys.
I'd buy a physical Fallout 3 Game of the Year copy instead of getting the game DLC digitally. It's $20 or less nowadays new so you might be able to get a used disc for less than that.

saw some talk on driveclub ps+ edition. whats the news about? any est date?
59538087.jpg

Yet one of the recent updates references the PS+ edition.
I don't know, internet reports with SCEE president seem more likely than follow up faceless PR denial of said comments. Does anyone even want a glorified demo of what seems to be an entirely forgettable game at this point? Isn't everyone going to rage when/if we do get it (especially if it instantly breaks again)?

Guess we'll get Driveclub PS+ and Last Guardian in the same month since they're "working" on both of them. :whee:

I refuse to spend money on drive club out of principle even though it's been on sale

I bet around E3 they will give the ENTIRE game away for nee- so June ps+ maybe?

I'd buy a physical Fallout 3 Game of the Year copy instead of getting the game DLC digitally. It's $20 or less nowadays new so you might be able to get a used disc for less than that.
Just grabbed a vanilla for 5 at gamestop because no where near me had the goty version of either for anywhere near 10

Just finally beat Rogue Legacy.  What a great game.  Took me 11 and a half hours and 123 children to beat it.  Seems like its still worth playing with the NG+ mode, but havent played any further now

I also got Majoras Mask 15 days ago...and havent even opened it.

Just no willpower.

Okay, since I love making stuff offtopic pick my next game -.-

FFXIII (PC)
Majora's Mask 3DS
Diablo 3 UEE
Dead Rising 3
Lords of the Fallen
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Buy Tales of Hearts R ;D
definitely Wolfenstein. Best FPS in years because it's truly fun, and reminds us why we all enjoy playing FPS games in the first place. Dual wielding everything from sniper rifles to rocket launchers? Yes please. Plot is solid too.

The talk was that it's probably never going to happen.
What talk? What reason in the world would they have to cancel it at this point? I'm sure they have no interest in discussing 'when', and I'm sure that can be taken out of context by people to mean 'never', but... it's crazy talk to think it's not eventually coming. There isn't a decent reason in the world for them to do that.

What talk? What reason in the world would they have to cancel it at this point? I'm sure they have no interest in discussing 'when', and I'm sure that can be taken out of context by people to mean 'never', but... it's crazy talk to think it's not eventually coming. There isn't a decent reason in the world for them to do that.
Well if the president and CEO of a regional division of the company says that he can't say it will ever actually happen that carries some weight. And there is a perfectly good reason. If they string people along with vague possibilities until they don't care any longer and have mostly forgotten then it can just quietly become vaporware with the massive blow back. Happens with high profile things all the time and look at the massive shit storm they've endured each time they've said anything about it.

Well if the president and CEO of a regional division of the company says that he can't say it will ever actually happen that carries some weight. And there is a perfectly good reason. If they string people along with vague possibilities until they don't care any longer and have mostly forgotten then it can just quietly become vaporware with the massive blow back. Happens with high profile things all the time and look at the massive shit storm they've endured each time they've said anything about it.
Honestly, that just translates to 'don't want to talk about it / stop asking about it / let us surprise you' than it does 'we're going to brush it under the rug'.

There's no reason worth a salt to not release it on PS+ when they're sure it won't break servers. They release other AAA games to ps+, etc, etc. There is no upside whatsoever to never releasing it; at this point, any front loaded sales have mostly already happened, etc.

I think people just try to read into every little comment -- they can say 'yes it's coming, just wait' a thousand times, but as soon as one person (be it a ceo or customer service rep) says anything a little less than that, people jump on 'never' even though it makes no sense.

Is it possible they can it? Sure. But why? Releasing it can only help sales at this point. It can only help customer relations. It's a positive in every direction, once they're sure it doesn't crash everything. That's the only reason i can see for the delays... they're still not sure the servers can handle drive clubs interactions after adding millions of new users in a day.

If the amount they have to spend to make the PS+ version, the added infrastructure, the support, etc. passes a certain point then there's their upside for not releasing it. Or avoiding an even bigger PR debacle when they do release it and it's even more broken then the full game was. Or that a minor amount of internet nerd rage is nothing in the long term when they're all already deeply invested into your ecosystem.

The scenarios where releasing it is a bigger win for Sony then not releasing it at all get fewer as the costs mount and the months march on. We all know the entire reason for it in the first place was to get us to make the $50 digital upgrade and get more people into buying PS4 games digital. We probably will never know what they targeted for their conversion rate on that but if it comes out it will certainly never hit that. Would it even hit 1% with the poor at best reviews, apathetic reception, and how quickly it was all but forgotten? How long does Sony keep throwing good after bad? Unless they're going to just keep throwing money at it in the name of goodwill and charity.

Hoping for murderer soul suspect for ps plus

I know, I'm crazy but I bought most AAA games already so I like getting the chance to play these for free
I only agree with that sentiment because for some reason my PS4 never uploaded the last two trophies in that game and I didn't realize this until I had already replaced the HDD and sold the game.

Yes. There are no limitations for PS+ trials.
Thanks. I went ahead and picked up the Atelier games. I haven't played the series before, but I hear good things about it. Hope buying them all blind doesn't turn out dumb of me. Heh. I'm on he fence right now about picking up Monster Monpiece and Muramasa too.

Thanks. I went ahead and picked up the Atelier games. I haven't played the series before, but I hear good things about it. Hope buying them all blind doesn't turn out dumb of me. Heh. I'm on he fence right now about picking up Monster Monpiece and Muramasa too.
Don't be on the fence on Muramasa, just get it. It's super fun, can't speak for Monpiece though

Anyone start Tales of Hearts R yet?

If so how you liking it?
It's a pretty generic JRPG, the combat is pretty fun though and the story does have its moments.

Don't be on the fence on Muramasa, just get it. It's super fun, can't speak for Monpiece though

It's a pretty generic JRPG, the combat is pretty fun though and the story does have its moments.
As long as the gameplay is awesome, that's all I care about

As long as the gameplay is awesome, that's all I care about
The Tales games can usually be counted on to have good gameplay. If I have any complaint, it's that enemies are smarter and will just go around you while you're trying to meatshield for the casters. And then their casters get you in the back when you turn to pursue. Clever girls.

The story's kind of soft and simple from what I've played so far, but it's still fun and sell written. Shame they didn't spring for English voice actors, but it's still great, and a lot of people prefer Japanese Audio anyway.

even hit 1% with the poor at best reviews, apathetic reception, and how quickly it was all but forgotten?
user reviews are extremely positive, though. I care about those far more than reviews.

as for the idea that it's a lost cause, i mean, sure, that's possible. It's certainly possible they're scared to death unleashing millions of users on it will break the servers, and no amount of testing will ease that fear. That said... I just don't see them not eventually taking that risk.

Or, more to the discussion, while I agree it's possible (anything is) I simply don't think anything Sony has said really says that... I think that's more twisting words and trying to read it negatively, when they've said time and time again we will be getting it. If there was a clear cancellation at this point, I think they'd tell us. They've never been shy about telling us bad news (closing popular studios, cancelling known projects, etc) in the past. It's like people insisting TLG is dead despite every time it comes up having Sony tell us it's not dead... then somebody says something that can be interpreted differently, or the recent trademark issue, and people freak out that it's dead till sony repeats it's not.

Sony will tell us when/if DC isn't happening. they'll tell us if TLG is cancelled. trying to read into every comment made by anyone just seems like a waste of time to me.

I played hearts r shortly after launch.  Its a nice step up from vesperia and boss counter was cool.  Another cool thing to return was individual overlimit gauge.  Only big issue to me was how long part one is for getting kohakus soul pieces and you are severely limited party member wise until part two.  You only have hisui for quite a few dungeons in comparison to other tales that give you a full party as early as the first.

Cast wise I wasn't feeling it outside the awesomeness that was beryl.  outside her kunzite was good and I really liked event horizon shing.  Would of been sick if he quit the party.

No. The upcoming sales on franchise titles have been pretty much confirmed at this point while everything else is still wait and see, like usual.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/01/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-332015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Aces of the Air
PSone Classic — Digital

Fly authentic World War II-era airplanes across missions that will test your dogfighting and strafing abilities where split-second decisions lead to success.

Crimsonland
PS3 — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)

Crimsonland is an intense, top-down shooter where your screen is filled with literally hundreds of aliens, giant spiders, mutant lizards, and more. Complete sixty quests to unlock an array of weapons and abilities, then unleash your arsenal in five survival modes with leaderboards.

Helldivers
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)

Helldivers is a hardcore, cooperative, twin stick shooter from the creators of Magicka. As part of the elite unit called the Helldivers, players must work together to protect Super Earth and defeat the enemies of mankind in an intense intergalactic war.

La-Mulana EX
PS Vita — Digital

A combination of classic 2D platforming, Metroidvania-style adventuring and challenging action gameplay, La-Mulana EX takes you deep into the ancient ruins of La-Mulana on a quest to discover not just valuable treasure, but the secret to life itself!

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Drop in to Olliwood and prepare for finger-flippin’ mayhem in this follow up to cult smash OlliOlli. The iconic skater is going all green-screen with a stunning new look, plucking you from the street and dropping you squarely in the middle of the big screen’s most bodacious cinematic locations.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
PS Vita — Digital

Guide your clan over multiple generations on an epic quest to lift a curse against your bloodline, battling cruel enemies and spectacular bosses in this beautiful watercolor turn-based RPG set in ancient Japan.

Shiftlings
PS4 — Digital

Control two adorably dim-witted alien space janitors in this quirky and colorful platform puzzler. Conjoined by an air hose, you must shift size and weight between the two cosmic custodians to avoid dangerous traps and fix problems before disaster strikes.

White Night
PS4 — Digital

The dark will reveal all! Explore the macabre past of an old mansion in the 1930’s and solve puzzles of light and shadows in this fully black & white survival horror! Players are trapped in this nightmare where darkness is a constant threat.

Zombie Army Trilogy
PS4 — Digital

Experience gut-wrenching third-person horror and intense co-op action from the creators of Sniper Elite 3. In the dying flames of World War Two, Hitler has unleashed one final, unholy gamble — a legion of undead super soldiers that threatens to overwhelm the whole of Europe.

Demos and Betas

Bladestorm: Nightmare — PS4, PS3 Demo

Crimsonland — PS3 Trial

The Tales games can usually be counted on to have good gameplay. If I have any complaint, it's that enemies are smarter and will just go around you while you're trying to meatshield for the casters. And then their casters get you in the back when you turn to pursue. Clever girls.

The story's kind of soft and simple from what I've played so far, but it's still fun and sell written. Shame they didn't spring for English voice actors, but it's still great, and a lot of people prefer Japanese Audio anyway.
I have really enjoyed Monpiece, though my glowing reviews from a few pgaes back are a bit more tempreed now. The battle system is solid and if you like CCGs, its got some cool systems in play. Online can be tough to find a game, if you're not looking to trophy boost. I have literally had other players get mad at me for actually playing the game instead of just forfeiting. The big negative of the game is that it gets repetitive. The last chapter has you fight through just about the entire game over again and if youre a completionist, this means almost 100 battles with the AI never offering much of a challenge. Finally, if you care about trophies, its an easy platinum challenge wise, but there is a trophy for collecting 500 cards which takes the grinding from tolerable to ridiculous.

TL; DR I got it at $9 and have been very happy with it. At the current price, it depends on your tolerance for repetition and affinity for moe/ecchi.

No word yet on PS+ for March? Did not see it on the PS blog.
Nothing yet. They hinted that the announcement would be pushed back to this week. Hopefully we won't have to wait until the store updates on Tuesday to find out.

I'm torn between trying the Atelier series or Hyperdimension Neptunia. I'm not hot on item crafting. But Neptunia seems interesting, and good for a laugh.

If I do try Neptunia, I'm gonna pay a little more and get a physical version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back