PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the $7.49 price for Velocity Ultra on Vita the normal price? Or is discounted as part of this sale? I know the PS3 version is discounted (to $3.99).

is it just me or did they get rid of the PS+ screen that lets you view all ps3 and psv games avalible for the month? You used to be able to click the window on the right of the free games section under PS+ and it would list all the ps3 and psv games for the month. Now the window doesn't seem to be there anymore =( i liked grabbing them all on the ps3 instead of having to jump on the vita as well. Its as sparse as the ps4 menu now

So there were 14 titles I didn't recognize from this week's sale. Looked at some footage on Youtube and narrowed it down to 4. Would anyone recommend the following:

Velocity Ultra
Velocity Ultra is very addicting, which is good because it's also rather unique. Once you get accustomed to the teleport mechanic, trust me, you will not be able to put the game down. Affa's description was spot on, it's a really nice genre mash up. Highly recommended. I almost forgot about the sequel. It looks like VU2 will be the next Vita game I play.

all vita owners should be getting Oreshika. lead your clan through the generations.
i thought i was one of the worse rpg games i played in a long time. Very confusing on the stats until you figure out what your doing. Very slow start and then gets insane hard. It says Transfer demo, if i knew there was a demo i would of never spent 20 on it. Maybe one day i will go back to it but i will say pass.

apparently people who haven't bought anything in a while got $10 free PSN credit emailed to them, for the rest of us who actually spend money on PSN we just get a big fuck you
I had to spend $100 to get $15. It's our damn capitalist society I tell ya.

i thought i was one of the worse rpg games i played in a long time. Very confusing on the stats until you figure out what your doing. Very slow start and then gets insane hard. It says Transfer demo, if i knew there was a demo i would of never spent 20 on it. Maybe one day i will go back to it but i will say pass.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think there is a demo. At least I can't find it. They must've intended to make one, but maybe they gave up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/08/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-3102015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Alter Echo
PS2 Classic — Digital

In the future, the most powerful substance ever made can control time and physics. Only a chosen few can control it. But only one can save us from it. You are the one. You are Nevin and you’re armed with the most radical weapon ever. It’s a shape-shifting PolySuit, and it can even stop time itself.

Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
PS3 — Digital, Retail

The third episode in the Dusk series tells the story of two young girls who take to the Dusk Seas in search of their dreams. Continue the cult-classic adventure in the latest chapter of the Atelier legacy.

Battle Hunter
PSone Classic — Digital

Delve deep in the ruins of former high-tech cities in search of prized relics to stave off extinction. But be careful, because other Hunters may get you first.

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The definitive edition of the critically-acclaimed action game arrives with enhanced 1080p graphics at 60 frames per second, new features, and all the original DLC included. Chain together stylish combos with up to eight unique weapons.

Flame Over
PS Vita — Digital

Blending top down ‘squirt ‘em-up’ action with Roguelike RPG mechanics, Flame Over features fast-paced fire-fighting thrills, randomly generated levels, and four deadly game zones! Guide firefighting hero, Blaze Carruthers, in a race against time and near-certain death!

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three-Way Cross Buy)

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is the brutal conclusion to the Hotline Miami saga, set against a backdrop of escalating violence and retribution over spilled blood in the original game. Follow the paths of several distinct factions — each with their own questionable methods and uncertain motivations.

Scram Kitty DX
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Take control of Buddy, a rail-riding, laser-shooting young hero on a perilous quest to rescue his pet cat, Scram Kitty! Kidnapped and imprisoned in the depths of the World’s biggest orbiting space laboratory, along with all of Earth’s cats, Scram Kitty is at the mercy of an army of experimental mechanized rodents.

Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

This Ultimate Edition contains the thrilling main game as well as 9 additional DLC packs, including the biggest environments yet. Includes free updates to main game and six new multiplayer maps.

Sparkle 2
PS3 — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)

A long time ago, five enchanted keys were created. The keys were scattered around mysterious lands and still remain undiscovered. Many have come to find them, and so far all have failed. Will you find the keys and unlock the secrets, or will you join the endless ranks of souls forever trapped within these lands?

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

One day, a transfer student arrives at Kurenai Academy in Shinjuku. During a tour of the school with the class president, Sayuri Mifune, they spot a ghost — a girl in a white dress. Moments later, an evil ghost in a red coat appears and attacks them…

Demos and Betas
Sparkle 2 — PS3 Trial

Go back and give it another chance. Game is absolutely solid and amazing. i'm definitely not alone in this - it's being extremely well received... in fact, you're the only person I can think of who i've seen not like it in various forums*.

All games are 'confusing' until you figure out what you're doing, it's just that most games don't have an original bone to their body so we pick them up instantly. Orishika actually has unique systems in place, so yes, there is a learning curve.

The menu option for 'transfer demo' is likely a holdover option from the game before it was localized.

*Barring the original Japanese version, which got hated on because, basically, they were upset the game (which is a sequel to a beloved game) introduced a fixed party member, which many in Japan didn't like compared to the original (as they wanted it to be purely about your clan). Here in the west, where we never played the original, it's not really a big issue. Other minor issues in Japan version were patched since its original release.

all vita owners should be getting Oreshika. lead your clan through the generations.
Thanks for this. I hadn't heard of this game and it looks right up my alley.

I'm in tune with game releases and I'm a fan of JRPGs, so when one like this slips by me, I always feel badly for the developer and hope they are generating some sales. If a fan like myself missed it, how many other people who might enjoy it missed its release too?

I have PS+ but no PS4. Should I be able to 'Buy' free games on store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com? Both Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty and Valiant Hearts: The Great War tell me "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content" when I click Add to cart -> Confirm.

I have PS+ but no PS4. Should I be able to 'Buy' free games on store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com? Both Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty and Valiant Hearts: The Great War tell me "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content" when I click Add to cart -> Confirm.
I have been able to. It gives me that error if the item is cross-buy and I already have the PS3/Vita/whatever version in cart.

Thanks for the recommendations. Picked up Rainbow Moon and Velocity. Wallet has 53 cents left in it.

Blog post from a couple weeks ago says this week's sales will be on Saints Row games.
Aw, why can't Xbox be this cool? I keep my Saints Row gaming over there.

Hopefully there's some good DLC sales on Batman and Call of Duty in the upcoming weeks.

Yeah, but its been proben that's never been quite accurate
Yeah Sony hasn't maintained that page very well unfortunately. It speaks volumes for their support of the device... which bums me out because I love my little PSTV!

There's a wikipedia page out there that stays more up to date.

It's also ridiculous that their store on the device doesn't stop you from buying a game that doesn't work on the PSTV.

I use the Wikipedia usually, but still.

It's also ridiculous that their store on the device doesn't stop you from buying a game that doesn't work on the PSTV.
Ya know, a 20 y/o me would assume that this is just a slimy way to shake more money out of people. At 28, and gathering the evidence regarding their putrid support for certain devices, I can only land on one reason - negligence! Sony has thousands of bastard children lol

I have been able to. It gives me that error if the item is cross-buy and I already have the PS3/Vita/whatever version in cart.
Neither of those are cross buy. According to Sony support I have already bought them, though they don't show as Purchased like other content. They also don't show up in my download list. We shall see when I get a PS4.

It's Tuesday morning and you know what that means! Time for me to waffle extra hard on a purchase I've been debating all week. Anyone have any thoughts on Nano Assault X-Neo? I know I want it and I know I'll enjoy it since it looks like a near perfect Super Stardust clone, but I'm hesitant over the price. I generally don't but unless the discount is at least fifty percent. Is it worth it? I feel like it will go on sale again for a few dollars less down the road.

It's Tuesday morning and you know what that means! Time for me to waffle extra hard on a purchase I've been debating all week. Anyone have any thoughts on Nano Assault X-Neo? I know I want it and I know I'll enjoy it since it looks like a near perfect Super Stardust clone, but I'm hesitant over the price. I generally don't but unless the discount is at least fifty percent. Is it worth it? I feel like it will go on sale again for a few dollars less down the road.
If you were really hot to buy the game you'd have already bought it and contemplating a last minute purchase wouldn't be a thing because of the price. Sometimes I find myself doing something similar, but typically waiting on something I'm not that hot to play anyway pays off in the long run. If the price is a huge factor then wait. If not and you are really anticipating playing the game then it seems like a buy.

This Saints Row sale for week 2 does have potential to get my $$.

If it is any indication of sales prices, Nano Assault on 3DS/WiiU is frequently on sale ($9.99 MSRP on Nintendo platform). This version I believe has more content. I'd be willing to be it goes on sale again down the line in say 3 months.

If you were really hot to buy the game you'd have already bought it and contemplating a last minute purchase wouldn't be a thing because of the price. Sometimes I find myself doing something similar, but typically waiting on something I'm not that hot to play anyway pays off in the long run. If the price is a huge factor then wait. If not and you are really anticipating playing the game then it seems like a buy.

This Saints Row sale for week 2 does have potential to get my $$.
I pass on stuff I really want all the time because of price. I want Helldivers but I almost never pay more than $10 for a digital game. I'll have to wait for it to drop to at least that. On the same note I passed on Raiden IV's re-release when it dropped to $10 because that's still too much for me 90% of the time even though I know the game is absolutely worth it having paid nearly double that for the 360 retail release. I think I will wait this one out though. $5 feels like a good place to be on this one, but damn do I love me some shmups...

If it is any indication of sales prices, Nano Assault on 3DS/WiiU is frequently on sale ($9.99 MSRP on Nintendo platform). This version I believe has more content. I'd be willing to be it goes on sale again down the line in say 3 months.
It definitely felt like the sale came a little soon after the release so I think you may be right. We could see a sale on it again in just a few weeks even. I'll gamble on it. Thanks guys!

I pass on stuff I really want all the time because of price. I want Helldivers but I almost never pay more than $10 for a digital game. I'll have to wait for it to drop to at least that. On the same note I passed on Raiden IV's re-release when it dropped to $10 because that's still too much for me 90% of the time even though I know the game is absolutely worth it having paid nearly double that for the 360 retail release. I think I will wait this one out though. $5 feels like a good place to be on this one, but damn do I love me some shmups...

It definitely felt like the sale came a little soon after the release so I think you may be right. We could see a sale on it again in just a few weeks even. I'll gamble on it. Thanks guys!
I can not see Raiden IV going below $10 before a permanent price drop. It's aboslutely worth (re)playing on PS3. I picked it up when it was $10. Have not regretted it!

I pass on stuff I really want all the time because of price.
Yeah, I do that too... especially if I'm not actually ready to play something. But for the rare case where I'm super into a series or dev or whatever I'd probably go for it.

As for Nano Assault though, I hadn't looked into that game at all so I had to go search out some reviews. I didn't realize it was another game from Shin'en. To be honest, I didn't care for any of the past Shin'en shooters that I've owned. Iridion 3D & Iridion 2 on the GBA seemed a bit too tech demo'ish. Sure what they pulled off some amazing graphics for their platforms but gameplay just didn't seem very fun. Nanostray 1 & 2 on DS were much better though they had issues due to changing weapons with the touch screen and other stuff. I wouldn't put them up there with any classic shmups. The gameplay overall tends to just be a bit on the shallow side without much originality. Graphics are always excellent (and always what drew me to the games) but it's just that something super generic that permeates these games too much to make me love them. Ultimately I sold off my copies of all the old Shin'en games.

For myself, even though this is a duel stick shooter rather than a scrolling shooter, I couldn't imagine buying Nano Assault for more than a a couple bucks. The videos I watched made the game play seems a bit shallow as expected and the overall content is really small (4 bosses, 12 regular levels). But that's me. I think Shin'en gets a little too much hype from other shmup fans.

Oh and Hotline Miami 2 is out today. It may not be a standard dual stick shooter since it's fixed level based... but I'm actually pretty interested in that since the first one is really great in the gameplay department.

Yeah, but its been proven that's never been quite accurate
Yeah Sony hasn't maintained that page very well unfortunately. It speaks volumes for their support of the device... which bums me out because I love my little PSTV!

There's a wikipedia page out there that stays more up to date.
Poor Frisky. He maintains a much more accurate and updated list of the compatibility on this very forum. You know, the OP of this thread?

Edit: *gasp* I'll even link it. https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/337079-playstation-tv-compatibility-list-vita-psp-ps1-ps-minis-and-ps-mobile/

Poor Frisky. He maintains a much more accurate and updated list of the compatibility on this very forum. You know, the OP of this thread?

Edit: *gasp* I'll even link it. https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/337079-playstation-tv-compatibility-list-vita-psp-ps1-ps-minis-and-ps-mobile/

1) It's posted a lot. 2) The first person I quoted was quoting Frisky, the OP of both threads.
You do realize that the post I directly responded to - the one that said "It's a shame that there's no list of games that work on PS TV" - came from Frisky, right? Why would he say that if there was indeed a list. Was I supposed to detect sarcasm or something?

You do realize that the post I directly responded to - the one that said "It's a shame that there's no list of games that work on PS TV" - came from Frisky, right? Why would he say that if there was indeed a list. Was I supposed to detect sarcasm or something?
Even if you can't detect sarcasm on the internet, he has the list posted in the first Post.

So people who ask about an up-to-date PS TV compatibility obviously does not actually go through his first post that he put so much effort into...just saying.

Where is the "RTFOP" when you need it?! lol

Jokes aside though, generally people tend to jump to where the conversations are. It is like a party, you start talking to someone, notice they are eating nachos and ask them where they found nachos. You may be 1 foot away from the snacks table but you'd ask, usually.

I understand, it is frustrating to tell every single person that info is in the OP; but, it's easier to point out the OP than coming up with a snarky remark. If nothing else, it is more key strokes.

Anyhoo...to all the people in general, RTFOP. If you have already RTFOP, re-RTFOP just to make sure you really RTFOP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back