PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Warriors is fantastic (especially if you love the film, which you should) and you need to give Hotline Miami and Beyond Good and Evil another chance.

Think I'll grab Prototype and Mafia II from the flash sale, $11 and change seems like a pretty good deal on these 2 games.

I bought both last night, but haven't downloaded them yet. I bought Trine 2 for the PS3 last year and I was very happy with the game at that price.

Consider Insect Armaggedon passed. Thanks for the feedback. How about the rest of the games?

Gave Beyond Good and Evil a look in standard def, and years later when it went HD. It just didn't grab me.

This White Shark Cash Card BS is total nonsense. I imagine way more people would be down to spend $20 less and get the game without this unnecessary in-game currency than not.
Yeah I borrowed my nephew's copy of GTA V and recently finished it. I have all the in game cash I need. Have no interest in a deal that includes in game cash. I have plenty.

All the talk about Bloodbourne has given me the itch to try it or Dark Soiks. I've put. Abou 20 hours into Dark Souks. I have, like most, a love/hate relationship with it. I just don't have the time or patience to devote to it. So, I'm wondering about Lords of the Fallen as a way to scratch that itch. Anyone have an opinion on Lords?

All the talk about Bloodbourne has given me the itch to try it or Dark Soiks. I've put. Abou 20 hours into Dark Souks. I have, like most, a love/hate relationship with it. I just don't have the time or patience to devote to it. So, I'm wondering about Lords of the Fallen as a way to scratch that itch. Anyone have an opinion on Lords?
Bloodborne > DkS2 >>> LOTF

Bloodborne > DkS2 >>> LOTF
Agree with this guy, even though I havent beaten any of them.

also asked this in the cheap vita game thread but think I'll have better luck getting a good answer here:

Looking at purchasing a 64gb memory card. Ebay seems to have decent prices (Around $80-$90) but I worry about getting a knock off card. I also looked at PlayAsia.com and they have 2 different 64gb cards listed, one costs $115 and says its for Japan, and the other is $87 and says its for China. My question is which card is able to be used in a US vita, or does it not even matter? Has anyone here filled up a 64gb already? I have two 4gb and an 8gb I wish i could just consolidate into a 16gb card

also asked this in the cheap vita game thread but think I'll have better luck getting a good answer here:

Looking at purchasing a 64gb memory card. Ebay seems to have decent prices (Around $80-$90) but I worry about getting a knock off card. I also looked at PlayAsia.com and they have 2 different 64gb cards listed, one costs $115 and says its for Japan, and the other is $87 and says its for China. My question is which card is able to be used in a US vita, or does it not even matter? Has anyone here filled up a 64gb already? I have two 4gb and an 8gb I wish i could just consolidate into a 16gb card
I answered your question in the other thread, but forgot to mention that Vita memory cards are not region specific. I bought the Japan version and it works great.

I don't think anyone makes knock off cards for the vita?

They are not region locked. You can buy one off any of the big import stores (playasia, yesasia, etc) and not worry.

I imported mine for around 85-90. Worth every penny.

I don't think anyone makes knock off cards for the vita?

They are not region locked. You can buy one off any of the big import stores (playasia, yesasia, etc) and not worry.

I imported mine for around 85-90. Worth every penny.
I have to imagine that if there was a Chinese knock-off, it'd be substantially cheaper than $80-$90.

I got mine from play-asia.com for about $100, and it works perfectly. Haven't had an issue yet. IIRC there was only the Japanese import at that time, so that is what I got. I don't even own more than 32gb of Vita games and I still don't regret this purchase even the tiniest bit.

[font='proxima-nova', helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Looking at purchasing a 64gb memory card. Ebay seems to have decent prices (Around $80-$90) but I worry about getting a knock off card. I also looked at PlayAsia.com and they have 2 different 64gb cards listed, one costs $115 and says its for Japan, and the other is $87 and says its for China. My question is which card is able to be used in a US vita, or does it not even matter? Has anyone here filled up a 64gb already? I have two 4gb and an 8gb I wish i could just consolidate into a 16gb card[/size][/font]
If you have Amazon prime you can try this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LJPKRW6/ref=pd_aw_sbs_vg_1?refRID=1SEAW7V7NKH8G3S6RJ1T

I found it cheaper then going with play-Asia and the shipping was 2 day like all prime orders are. I've been very pleased with the almost endless amount of space.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/04/19/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-4212015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China
PS4 — Digital

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China takes place in China, 1526, as the Ming dynasty starts to crumble. You embody Shao Jun, the last remaining Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood, returning to her homeland with a vendetta.

Infinity Runner
PS4 — Digital

The Infinity is the largest spaceship ever built by mankind, flung into the void of space to secure humanity a new home amongst the stars. However, instead of discovering paradise, the inhabitants of The Infinity unlocked the door to a long forgotten nightmare.

LA Cops
PS4 — Digital

“Listen Up! This city is being overrun by low life and filth. It’s time to toughen up, fight back. Lets forget the rules and start cleaning up these streets, our way. There’s a lot of bad guys out there so I don’t want you going in alone. Partner up and remember: in LA Cops, your Buddies always got ya back”.

Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee — New ‘N’ Tasty
PS3 — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)

Explore ancient ruins, dodge carnivorous beasts, and avoid trigger-happy hunting parties as Abe, the original Oddworld hero in this lovingly re-crafted take on PlayStation classic Abe’s Oddysee. Once a happy floor waxer in Oddworld’s biggest meat processing plant, Abe stumbles across his boss’s secret plan.

Sayonara UmiharaKawase +
PS Vita — Digital

Completely re-worked for PS Vita, play as Umihara Kawase — a 20 year old backpacking Japanese sushi chef armed with a fishing rod, a rubber fishing line, and a fishing hook. Avoid fish-like enemies, conveyer belts, spikes, watery pits, time travel, and more.

Shovel Knight
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)

Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic created by Yacht Club Games. You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this valley with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and save his lost beloved.

Ziggurat
PS4 — Digital

Dungeon-crawling first-person shooter at its finest! Fast-paced combat! Dozens of perks, spells and enemies! Level ups! Random Dungeons! Traps! Badass bosses! Carrots! Ziggurat is one of the best combinations of FPS and Rogue-LITE you have ever seen.

Anyone know how much Shovel Knight will be?
I was wondering that myself. I have a bad feeling it will be $19.99 regular, $17.99 with 10% off PS+ (for the first week). I hope it's cheaper, if so I will buy immediately.

If its $14.99 regular, $13.49 with PS+, I'm in.

$14.99 or $13.49 for PS+
That's what I was hoping. Pretty sad that that's the ONLY game out of this whole promotion that I am getting. I will get Hotline Miami 2 eventually. I got the first one just before this flash sale :(.

Just wasn't anything else out of the bunch I really wanted....until it's in a flash sale. ;)

That's what I was hoping. Pretty sad that that's the ONLY game out of this whole promotion that I am getting. I will get Hotline Miami 2 eventually. I got the first one just before this flash sale :(.

Just wasn't anything else out of the bunch I really wanted....until it's in a flash sale. ;)
There were a LOT of games I wanted but between them all being $5ish too much to even think about ($10 too much to insta-buy) and Bloodborne, I was able to resist all of them.

So I'm seeing a lot of different answers for when MK X on the PS3 is coming out. Can anyone tell me if there is a single correct date among the bunch? I've seen from as early as June 2, 2015 (GameStop) to as late as June 30, 2015 (amazon.com), and a few dates in between.

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China and Shovel Knight will be mine on Tuesday, nice week and finally the end of this lame spring fever promotion.

Shovel Knight alone should make it a good week if the hype is accurate. I hope there's a demo.

Picked up Duke Nukem, Silent Hill Origins, VR Missions, Alien Rage, Shank 2, Manhunt 2, Neo Contra, and The Warriors.

With 12 hours left until the Flash sale ends, some more comments on the game list:

It's too bad the load times on Duke Nukem Forever are so bad. Aside from that, I think the game is fine.  If I'm not mistaken, Serious Sam is on Playstation; that game is a lot better.

The Hitman games bored me. Oh sure they look nice, but the stealth element was too annoying for me to enjoy. I'd much prefer the Max Payne and Metal Gear Solid series.

House to Survive is sitting in my backlog. I recall it being an overhead action game with funny instructional videos.

I actually enjoyed Mafia 2 more than GTA. I especially liked the dialogue while driving (beats the radio when it gets repetitive) and the opportunity to collect vintage issues of Playboy (for those who wanted more nudity from God of War and Dante's Inferno).

It's not as interactive as the environments in GTA or Saints Row, but it's a nice game that gets the job done. 

If you haven't already on Xbox, check out Max Payne 3. The graphics are much better than Max Payne (PS2) and it plays out with more of an action movie feel (and 100% more multiplayer). Plus the menu screens changes as you progress in the game. One of the few titles I've bought on their release date.

Ninja Gaiden is a hard game. Fortunately, there's an Easy Mode in the Sigma version. I also liked how the weapons are placed in different areas than the Xbox 360 version. Plus, some of the levels have extended areas you can play through that didn't appear on the 360.

I can't hate a game where you can run up a building so fast that the glass shatters. Prototype does this. The main character puts Spider-man's web slinging to shame.

Rayman Origins and Shank are fun cell shaded platformers.  I tried playing the early Rayman games but there were way too hard ( especially the PS1 classic) so Origins was a nice surprise. I wouldn't call it easy, but at least I can get past Level 3.

I'm not a big fan of Sonic ... but I loved Sonic Generations. I always hated how the characters would move too fast that I couldn't enjoy the scenery because SPEED.  With Generations, the levels are diverse enough that I can.

Remember those crappy Specs Op games for PS1?    Spec Ops:The Line is not like them ... at all. It's actually good. 

Spelunky > Spelunker for the controls alone. If you love getting headaches in Spelunky, Spelunker will give you migraines.

Terraria is the type of game I'd rather watch someone else play than try to figure out how to play myself.

Xcom's turn based gameplay didn't work for me. Great graphics though.

Zombie Apocalypse fails in comparison to Dead Nation. Gameplay, voice acting, you name it. Dead Nation is much better.

Remember how fun it was to slice things in Metal Gear: Revengeance?  VR Missions did this first. There's a mode where you can play as Gray Fox and play MGS1 maps with him.  

My favorite mode in VR Missions, however, is the Mystery mode where you have to use clues to find the suspect in each level. 

Ok, rant over. Time to save money for the Spring Week finale.

Yeah, Shovel Knight is pretty good. I've owned it since launch on the 3DS and I just recently started playing it. There are a few games I wanted among the bunch, but Axiom Verge was the only game I was willing to pay full price for, but since it isn't coming to the Vita anytime soon, I'll be waiting for some sales as well on the other titles.

Ending up grabbing GTA V on ps4.

I've owned it twice on PS4 alone, traded it in, and bought again (luckily for the same price as the trade). This way I can't get rid of it only to buy it again. Want to get into GTAO anyways.

Grabbed....

Retro City Rampage DX (crossbuy)
Sonic Adventure (PS3)
Sonic Adventure 2 (PS3)
Jet Set Radio (PS3)
Toejam & Earl (PS3)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Silent Hill (PS1)
Silent Hill Origins (PSP)
The Warriors (PSP)
Manhunt 2 (PSP)

Really that was a solid flash sale.  I rounded out the collection a little more.

Has there been any word on next week being a Golden Week sale? I assume there will be but I hadn't seen anything definitive on here about it.

Rockstar is brilliant for creating this GTA V + shark card bundle because then they can advertise at $60 consistently and call it a "deal"

Come on guys, let's stop promoting that as a deal. This is CAG. No CAG would consider that a bargain. Let's stop playing technical and start being real.

And finally 100% on Jurassic Park (beat it earlier).  Didn't have too many problems with most of the QTEs but the second to last one where you have a fist fight was just terrible between the need for overly precise timing and slowdown and hangs throughout the scene.  Really flawed but I enjoyed it even though the story went downhill with each episode while each one also somehow managed to have more technical problems.  Well worth the dollar on a flash sale some time ago.

Did think the endings were kind of weird though.

Where you sacrifice the can is supposedly the "good" ending but then there's just randomly a pile of cash on the boat?  Am I overlooking something from the game or the movie?  Seems really random and deus ex machina to make a nice happy story without filling the world with dinosaurs.

The "bad" ending actually seemed like the better ending though.  Sure Nima died, and died because she made a bad choice that was selfish in some regards but also desperate, but the whole thing seemed to fit the character arcs better and seemed more genuine.

Also the trophy cards for episode 3 and 4 are just terrible and totally obscured.  GG PSNP.  Amazingly over 30% now (was like a year ago that I was as low as 15% but mostly around 18%).

Ziggurat actually looks really good too.  Probably picking that up with Shovel Knight today.

Do I actually see a Call of Duty sales banner on PSN?  Well...  I guess we're getting two disappointing weeks on each platform out of the way on the same week.  I like it better when the shit sales weeks stagger between the platforms :( 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back