PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Toukiden (I still have Toukiden and sold MH4U) but Kiwami is a straight upgrade. You would be a dolt to buy AoD. There are some AoD transfer goodies but nothing remotely worth the effort. Kiwami improves the ally AI and economy to such a huge degree on top of new weapons and the new story content.

Considering its one of the best game of last gen? Yes.

Resonance of fate is quite good too.
I'm playing Catherine now and, while I don't consider it one of the best games of last gen, it's an incredibly fun and unique title that is worth every penny of that $5. I wish there were more games like it out there. And I urge anyone playing it not to wimp out and use easy mode, but stick with it on normal--it's far more satisfying that way and, after some practice, not as difficult as everyone cried about when it first came out.

Bought Dragon's Crown and Suikoden 2 for Vita. Almost grabbed Time and Eternity to satisfy my curiosity but decided that some things are better to not know about

Slickdeals gave us credit, for once

attachicon.gif
Capture63.PNG

http://slickdeals.net/f/7827297-playstation-network-sale-dragon-s-crown-13-50-suikoden-ii-5-amp-more
People with scruples, I don't know how long they'd survive in this world. I feels from thems...

All this talk about the sale and I'm sitting here with Broken Age in my cart :D/

Also, I have $20 and $50 PSN cards for 10% off. Just let me know how much you need.

Any thoughts on Persona 4 Arena if you have little experience with Persona games? I love a good fighting game.
If you like anime style fighters (especially Arc System Works) it's a very good fighter in that style that just happens to use Persona characters and tells a story that extends the canon of P4. The reason I would say not to buy it though is that there's been a sequel and if you care about online play it is probably entirely dead.

It's one of my favorite fighters from last gen though.

Any thoughts on Persona 4 Arena if you have little experience with Persona games? I love a good fighting game.
If you like 'anime' fighters or other AkSys games, you'll like it a lot. I've enjoyed guilty gear and blazblue for years, but after Persona Arena came out, I was smitten and think it's my favorite of their fighters. Bonus if you have played Persona 4 and enjoy the characters.

If you like 'anime' fighters or other AkSys games, you'll like it a lot. I've enjoyed guilty gear and blazblue for years, but after Persona Arena came out, I was smitten and think it's my favorite of their fighters. Bonus if you have played Persona 4 and enjoy the characters.
Agreed. There's something about it that I enjoy far more than their other series even though it's got much of the same foundation.

Basically a huge PS3 sale. They really couldn't do more for Vita at least?
27 games isn't enough?

There being more PS3 games is a symptom of it being an older system with way more games on there and doesn't negate all of the Vita games that are on sale.

I really hope Pier Solar is a Cross Buy as Watermelon promised.
It is Cross Buy, as I've noted in the OP.

Nope, PSN has been gobbling up all the money I attempted to throw at it. Haven't had any issues spending money. What do you get/see (the error, I mean)?
Kept saying something about not being able to complete transaction at this time. Then I tried just adding funds my wallet and it said that my credit card info was incorrect. I checked and it was fine, but I deleted my card and readded it. Same error. Even tried another credit card. Same error.

Finally used Paypal to add funds (using the SAME credit card that I originally had on PSN) and it worked. Now I just have an extra $1.35 in my wallet.

All I know is something better not be happening to credit cards on PSN like another hack or I will be super pissed. Will be watching my statement closely.

Awesome sale, lots of choices.  Looking so far like I'll pick up Metal Gear Solid 2 on Vita.

Thinking about Citizens of Earth, because I enjoyed the demo, but the lack of cross-buy support is unfortunate.  Hard to decide between the PS4 and Vita versions.

Awesome sale, lots of choices. Looking so far like I'll pick up Metal Gear Solid 2 on Vita.

Thinking about Citizens of Earth, because I enjoyed the demo, but the lack of cross-buy support is unfortunate. Hard to decide between the PS4 and Vita versions.
In situations such as that I just wait for the game to go to PS+ so that I hopefully get both versions. Citizens of Earth seems like a prime candidate to eventually go free.

Demon Gaze is hands down the most solid dungeon crawler title on the Vita (so far). It's worth picking up. But at $12 digital though, I'd be hesitant to recommend, unless you know you liked games like Wizardry/Etrian Odyssey.

Any reason why the ZOE collection is $14 while separately you can buy both for ($4+$8) $12?

Really great sales this week.  Tons of good deals on PS3 and Vita games. 

Purchased 

Catherine $5

Suikoden II $4

Resonance of Fate $8

I really wish Star Wars Force Unleashed was on PS3 digital. Not sure if I will buy anything even though Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn is really tempting. I have enough games to play though.

Trying to get rid of my Club Nintendo stuff for PSN credit to cash in on this sale  :whistle2:

Looking at the following:

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 2 $23.99

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart $23.99

DJMax Portable 3 $10

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita) $12

Wanting any insight on DJMax and other PSP/PS1 titles worth owning from this sale.

From YouTube videos, DJMax looks like Rock Band Unplugged meets Dance Dance Revolution. Fair assessment?

I didn't realize it was only $6, I was thinking it was like twice that. At that price I would change my recommendation from a hard no to a light yes if you think it will interest you.
$10 or more digital vita games are a :shame: for me unless they're digital only like those Atelier games. I'm going to pass on it, watched some videos on YT and I don't think I'm going to enjoy it.

Any reason why the ZOE collection is $14 while separately you can buy both for ($4+$8) $12?

Really great sales this week. Tons of good deals on PS3 and Vita games.

Purchased

Catherine $5
Suikoden II $4
Resonance of Fate $8
Same reason the Sniper III bundle is $10 cheaper than the bare bones standalone game.

Thinking about Citizens of Earth, because I enjoyed the demo, but the lack of cross-buy support is unfortunate. Hard to decide between the PS4 and Vita versions.
Playing through it on 3DS now and kinda wish I had it on PS4 (not that I have a PS4); while it's fun to pick it up and play for 20-30 minutes, it also feels cramped on a tiny screen.

Trying to get rid of my Club Nintendo stuff for PSN credit to cash in on this sale  :whistle2:

Looking at the following:
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 2 $23.99
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart $23.99
DJMax Portable 3 $10
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita) $12

Wanting any insight on DJMax and other PSP/PS1 titles worth owning from this sale.

From YouTube videos, DJMax looks like Rock Band Unplugged meets Dance Dance Revolution. Fair assessment?
DJMax is similar to Rock Band Unplugged but much more difficult. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're already familiar with the series. What you can do, however, is if any of your local Gamestops still sell PSP games, check if they have DJMax Fever. It's like $4 and PSP games are B2G1 until they're gone. (Rock Band is also .99)

Alternatively, hold out for the Vita installment to become affordable - not anytime in the near future - because that one is much easier to get into as it uses the touchscreen.

Is it animated - or just a static Image?
Static. Looks like they probably used a still from the original film but it looks like crap if you ask me. And even if it is a still from the film, there's a lot of artifacts in addition to the film grain.

No wonder it's free. But not exactly a glowing advertisement for the digital film collection.

Anyone getting errors trying to checkout? Been trying for the last two hours.
I got an error. I didn't have enough credits and when I checked out it kept trying to get to the next screen to use my credit card and then came up with the error message.

No love for Maverick Hunter X? Probably the best Mega Man <hides>
Ugh. I love Megaman X 1-4 and I really, really hate maverick hunter. So no, no love for it lol.

A lot of good stuff on sale, though. I'm really tempted for Fantasy Hero and DW Gundam Reborn, but I'll probably hold out for them to be cheaper. It's not like I don't have too much to play already.

Strikers 1945 eh? I remember using cheat codes and I beat it in 15 minutes....Yeah, I did it wrong. But hey that was almost 15 years ago when I first got my PSOne.

Any PS4/Vita recs? I mostly like RPGs.
PS4 probably Pier Solar for old school RPG and Dust for Metroidvania are the best games.

Vita has Suikoden 2 of course. Then it's probably what style RPG do you like. The Neptunia/Noire games are pretty good. Demon Gaze, Conception, and Sorcery Saga are varying styles of dungeon crawler. Then you have the PSP Atlus RPGs in Growlanser, Gungnir, Hexyz, Crimson Gem, Yggdra, Riviera, and the Class of Heroes games. All those actually vary in type of RPG they are a good bit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back