PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think any of it is spoilery, especially this far from release. SPOILER, at one point you throw some bricks.

Like I said, it's ok as a supplemental thing, but selling it by itself is laughable to me. It's nowhere near the quality of Burial At Sea Part 2, Undead Nightmare, or things like that. It even fell into the same traps as the main game in the last encounter, with enemies spawning in from nowhere. Because that's always fun.
What's the point of being a dick about it? They're releasing Left Behind as a standalone thing that brings it back into focus again, so it would be a decent move to not spoil things for people for a game where the story is a big part of people's enjoyment. Your personal opinion of the quality of the game doesn't give you carte blanche rights to just spoil it. That's just a dick move, but seeing the posts that follow, you just double down on this like it's a major point of pride. I hope you have fun with that.

I've already had some of the mystery stolen from the story of this game by people like you that decide to just throw out spoilers to ruin others' fun, so I'll just take the route of manually making sure I don't see your posts again.

I've already had some of the mystery stolen from the story of this game by people like you that decide to just throw out spoilers to ruin others' fun, so I'll just take the route of manually making sure I don't see your posts again.
If you're going to flag him to ignore, isn't that more of an automated route to not seeing his posts?

Atlus is releasing some free content for Lost Dimension when it releases 7/28:

Lost Dimension, the sci-fi Tactical RPG from ATLUS and Lancarse will launch July 28, and for two weeks after launch, players can download more than 20 dollars' worth of DLC for free! What's all this free content? Well, once the game launches, players will be able to get 9 free in-game character costumes, 12 free PSN avatars, a map set with additional story, and 3 DLC quest sets for extra experience.

The character costumes are varied new ways to tactically kick ass in Lost Dimension, ranging from Toya's dapper suit to Mana's superheroine outfit, and everything in between! The costumes are cosmetic only and provide a lighthearted change to the battlefield (until of course it comes time to erase Kitty Marco from existence).

The free PSN avatars represent the 11 heroes and heroines in the game, as well as a special avatar for the game's villain: The End. They have no bearing in-game, but now you can represent your favorite squad mate or extraterrestrial hellbent on destroying the world across all of PlayStation Network!

The three quest DLC add an extra mission to each floor. The missions don't provide much in the way of EXP or EN (Energy, a.k.a. money), but if successfully completed with an S-Rank rating, players will be rewarded with a specialized item for individual character bonuses. Getting an S-Rank requires completing the mission as quickly as possible -- at any cost. The mission packs come in differing levels of challenge:
  • The Emissary from the Netherworld: Moderately difficult
  • The Price of Blood: More difficult
  • Runaway Cause and Effect: Most difficult
Finally, there's an additional map pack called The Beginning of The End. This is a separate story that takes place in an entirely different location; there are five missions in total, but it explores the creation of the game's central Pillar and goes into the history of the 11 heroes and heroines inLost Dimension.

All of the above DLC will be completely free for the two weeks following the game's launch this summer.

There are also some additional paid items players can purchase as well. Ranging from 49 cents to 99 cents are a wide array of helper items. These are consumable items that help raise experience, money and other beneficial stats by providing a passive boost before a battle. The helper items typically aid in combat scenarios.

Second are paid status boosters. These items range in price from 49 cents to $2.99, and can increase vision points or help restore SAN (sanity) stats in combat, which affects a character's abilities to use skills, even providing a consumable item that levels up all your party members. These items typically help players out for Judgement scenarios, where they have to suss out the traitors amongst their party.
Lost Dimension, the tactical RPG from ATLUS arrives July 28 for PS3 and PS Vita (PS TV compatible!).
The game in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CszOg55RDQM

Hey guess what Darth Vader was Luke's dad.

Would you kindly.

John G was already dead.
"The cake is a lie" is a lie. *FIXED

Kevin Spacey did it.

The bad news bears can't win even with a ringer.

One Eyed Willie's treasure is real.

Batman is Bruce Wayne.

A man named Wormtongue probably shouldn't be advising the king.

Boromir would still be alive if Gandalf had called his big eagle buddies in the first place.

Mo cuishle means my precious.

Both Romeo and Juliet totally die at the end.

Like in the Sixth Sense. You find out that the dude in that hair piece the whole time? That’s Bruce Willis…the whole movie.

The cake is a lie.

Kevin Spacey did it.

The bad news bears can't win even with a ringer.

One Eyed Willie's treasure is real.

Batman is Bruce Wayne.

A man named Wormtongue probably shouldn't be advising the king.

Boromir would still be alive if Gandalf had called his big eagle buddies in the first place.

Mo cuishle means my precious.

Both Romeo and Juliet totally die at the end.

Like in the Sixth Sense. You find out that the dude in that hair piece the whole time? That’s Bruce Willis…the whole movie.
The cake actually isn't a lie, though.

But yeah people getting hella mad about old, not-really-even-spoilers is hilarious.

Wow who pissed in Larry's Wheaties today? Or every day, I guess? :dunce:
I'm not the one being irrationally angry that I mentioned two girls give each other a smooch.

[quote name="plus1zero" post="12688560" timestamp="1431500154"]Yeah but isn't Comcast business ridiculously expensive? I'm paying $89.99 a month now for my internet and cable together. To just get the 50Mb internet was $67, so I figured it was worth the extra $13 for my amc and HBO fix.

I was told business internet is like 250-300 bucks[/quote]
He probably had all phantoms.

WARNING WARNING

This isn't happening to everyone, but just in case Konami hasn't screwed up enough:

PSA: PT Demo May Restrict Your Access From PSN Library

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/13/ratchet-clank-movie-releases-april-29-2016-in-us/

Some details on the new/remake/reimagining/whatever Insomniac wants to call it Ratchet & Clank game:

Insomniac Games is also hard at work at Ratchet & Clank for the PS4, a re-imagination of the original game that started it all 13 years ago. The game, out Spring 2016, re-tells the origin story that ties in closely and expands upon the movie’s narrative. It also features several new levels along with reimagined classic locales like Metropolis, brand new weapons and completely redone visuals made possible by the power of the PlayStation 4. We’ll be sharing more on the game soon!
Seems like it'll be revealed at E3.

So is this actually still being developed by Insomniac, or is it a new developer? I'm ready for new Ratchet, and Sunset Overdrive was dope, so they did manage to get their mojo back.
"Insomniac Games is also hard at work at Ratchet & Clank for the PS4, a re-imagination of the original game that started it all 13 years ago." -From the link above.

What is the best mlb the show that would be cheap to pick up? (so like 13 or prior)

Looking mainly just for a fun baseball game that includes some minor league stuff.
Why not just get last year's? I think you can find it for around $13 or so. Great game. I'm not at all impressed with this year's version.

So bringing it back, TLOU: Left Behind... Purchase for $10 (I don't have Remastered which i know includes it) or wait? I guess my question is is this a likely sale we can expect to see at some point? Seems people agree that $15 was a bit much for the DLC. Is $10 the right price?

So bringing it back, TLOU: Left Behind... Purchase for $10 (I don't have Remastered which i know includes it) or wait? I guess my question is is this a likely sale we can expect to see at some point? Seems people agree that $15 was a bit much for the DLC. Is $10 the right price?
You can get the Remastered download code for $12.50. It makes no sense to buy the DLC for $10.

I see Larry Davis is still a giant asshole and has a hard on for trying to convince people that Last of Us was a terrible game because he didn't like it.

Real dick move spoilering a part of the game just because they personally hated it.

"Insomniac Games is also hard at work at Ratchet & Clank for the PS4, a re-imagination of the original game that started it all 13 years ago." -From the link above.
Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're doing it internally. If they are, that's great, but I've yet to hear anything specific about what team is making it.

The only reason I doubt is because Sunset Overdrive didn't come out that long ago, and I hope this wasn't mostly outsourced while they were working on that.

If you don't have a PS4 and want to play it soon, you can do a lot worse for $10. I'm sure it will go on sale or be free one day, but I doubt it's anytime soon. If you have a PS4, it's pretty much a no-brainer to get a Remastered code for about $13.

Thoughts on picking up geometry wars 3 or white night? I'm considering it but thinking that it might be PS+ free not too far down the line. I also want the vita version of Geometry Wars 3 and I read that its not cross buy.

Also thoughts on Shovel Knight, Hotline Miami 2, Titan souls or Helldivers being on PS+ soon? I'm really considering just buying them outright but willing to wait if there's a more substantial sale at the very least.

If you don't have a PS4 and want to play it soon, you can do a lot worse for $10. I'm sure it will go on sale or be free one day, but I doubt it's anytime soon. If you have a PS4, it's pretty much a no-brainer to get a Remastered code for about $13.
No PS4 here, as of yet. I pulled the trigger on it. Thanks!

Thoughts on picking up geometry wars 3 or white night? I'm considering it but thinking that it might be PS+ free not too far down the line. I also want the vita version of Geometry Wars 3 and I read that its not cross buy.

Also thoughts on Shovel Knight, Hotline Miami 2, Titan souls or Helldivers being on PS+ soon? I'm really considering just buying them outright but willing to wait if there's a more substantial sale at the very least.
They just came out, not a chance of that happening in at least 6 months (IMHO).

GW3 is good, especially with the recent Evolved stuff they've put in it. It's still not as good as Retro Evolved, but whaddya gonna do. Especially since that isn't on Sony platforms.

I thought Shovel Knight was decent, but it's a pretty blatant nostalgia vehicle. Depends on if that's up your alley or not. Essentially plays like the NES Ducktales game, but with some interesting checkpoint systems. I liked HM2 but its level design is more frustrating than the first game, and leads you more towards playing in a reserved fashion, plus more guns. Haven't played Titan Souls. Helldivers is cool but it didn't hold my interest for long. The metagame, at least at release, seemed sorta broken.

As for them being on PS+ soon, I think Titan Souls is the most likely. I would guess Shovel Knight would be a Games with Gold title first, what with the Battletoads tie-in. But then I think the PS4 version has Kratos, and there's that GOW3 Remaster, so it's a very real possibility.

I'm not sure Helldivers will become a PS+ title for a while. It seems like deep discounts are its future, same with HM2.

All of the above launched with PS+ discounts as part of the Spring Sale high lighting their release. I think it'll be several months until we see any of these included in the IGC. If you've held out this long then you might as well wait a little longer for a sale.

Thanks for all your inputs.

They just came out, not a chance of that happening in at least 6 months (IMHO).
Yea, I think I can wait 6 months :)

GW3 is good, especially with the recent Evolved stuff they've put in it. It's still not as good as Retro Evolved, but whaddya gonna do. Especially since that isn't on Sony platforms.

I thought Shovel Knight was decent, but it's a pretty blatant nostalgia vehicle. Depends on if that's up your alley or not. Essentially plays like the NES Ducktales game, but with some interesting checkpoint systems. I liked HM2 but its level design is more frustrating than the first game, and leads you more towards playing in a reserved fashion, plus more guns. Haven't played Titan Souls. Helldivers is cool but it didn't hold my interest for long. The metagame, at least at release, seemed sorta broken.

As for them being on PS+ soon, I think Titan Souls is the most likely. I would guess Shovel Knight would be a Games with Gold title first, what with the Battletoads tie-in. But then I think the PS4 version has Kratos, and there's that GOW3 Remaster, so it's a very real possibility.

I'm not sure Helldivers will become a PS+ title for a while. It seems like deep discounts are its future, same with HM2.
Loved ducktales and the old metroidvania games (though I never really got far enough to beat them haha) so Shovel Knight is definitely up my alley but I think I can wait and just play Rogue Legacy or Gucamelee whenever I feel the need to play something old school.

I'm super interested in GW3 but i prefer to play that game on the go rather than on my PS4 (have a huge backlog that includes finishing Bloodborne, Tomb Raider, Metro Redux, etc., which I want to tackle first).

All of the above launched with PS+ discounts as part of the Spring Sale high lighting their release. I think it'll be several months until we see any of these included in the IGC. If you've held out this long then you might as well wait a little longer for a sale.
Yea, I think I'll wait for a sale. Not sure what my sweet spot is for buying them as opposed to waiting for them to possibly be free on PS+.

Any thoughts on White Night? I saw youtube reviews and it looks interesting. Kind of like a RE game (waiting until RE1 is below $10 before picking it up).

Loved ducktales and the old metroidvania games (though I never really got far enough to beat them haha) so Shovel Knight is definitely up my alley but I think I can wait and just play Rogue Legacy or Gucamelee whenever I feel the need to play something old school.
Shovel Knight is NOT a Metroid-like, just so you know. It has a Mario 3-type overworld.

Guacamelee totally is, though, and it's very good. It's too bad about all the memes, which soured me on it. I have no idea about White Night, I've never heard of it until now. Visual style looks interesting, I loved Madworld.

Shovel Knight is NOT a Metroid-like, just so you know. It has a Mario 3-type overworld.

Guacamelee totally is, though, and it's very good. It's too bad about all the memes, which soured me on it. I have no idea about White Night, I've never heard of it until now. Visual style looks interesting, I loved Madworld.
I thought Shovel Knight was more like Mega Man than Mario, gameplay wise.

Came for the deals and nearly threw up at the spoilers.  There's no reason to post that stuff in a thread about deals.  Yes say you hate a DLC because it's short or the story wasn't good or whatever because someone asked for feedback, but there's no need to ruin the experience with spoilers for those that haven't played it and are considering buying it.  I really considered reporting that garbage as to some degree it ruined a future purchase of mine.   This isn't movie spoilers for ~35'ish year old space operas... it's content that is a year and a few months old.   Some... probably most of us here have huge backlogs and even those that don't are CAG's so we are at least waiting for it to go super cheap before buying.  For me, I think I'd buy it for $5 or less.

Anyway the topic of Hotline Miami 2 & Shovel Knight came up.  I'm waiting on a good sale to get HM2.  I love the first game but I have a lot of it still left to play and many levels left to master.  I don't care if it goes free eventually, I do want to buy HM2 but I'm a CAG so I wanna pay as little as possible for it since I know I won't play it any time soon.  Shovel Knight, my son actually wanted it when it launched so we got it and he really loves that game.  My other kids also seem to enjoy it.  So it's not just for people like me that grew up with the NES... it's pretty universal.  I'm not interested in Helldivers or Titan Souls so no feedback there.

My rule of thumb, if you are really hot to play a new game right now and not just add it to the backlog.. then get it.  If you aren't itching to play it then either wait for a sale or the desire to play it to increase.

I thought Shovel Knight was more like Mega Man than Mario, gameplay wise.
Yeah, I said earlier it's basically Ducktales. The visual style is pretty Mega Man. I was just saying that it isn't like Metroid in having a big, interconnected map, it has the same sort overworld as Mario 3. The nodes you move between, barriers you unlock, bonus stages, etc.

Came for the deals and nearly threw up at the spoilers. There's no reason to post that stuff in a thread about deals. Yes say you hate a DLC because it's short or the story wasn't good or whatever because someone asked for feedback, but there's no need to ruin the experience with spoilers for those that haven't played it and are considering buying it. I really considered reporting that garbage as to some degree it ruined a future purchase of mine. This isn't movie spoilers for ~35'ish year old space operas... it's content that is a year and a few months old.
But it's not a spoiler. It's such a minor thing, which is already heavily implied in the main game. I didn't say what happens at the end of the DLC, which is explicitly mentioned at the end of the main game. I didn't say any of the other events that happen in it, which make up the vast majority of its time. I mentioned a moment that's a few seconds long and ultimately doesn't matter.

Admittedly, I was maybe not in the best shape to be trying to explain things yesterday, or even posting in general (won't go into why), but I stand by the fact that people were getting way too mad about it. I wouldn't say what happens at the end of Burial at Sea Part 2, or even the end of Bioshock Infinite itself. Same with the end of TLOU Prime, or pretty much anything else within the past few years. The movie stuff was hyperbole, but I think it has a point: most of those twists were spoiled for us before we saw them. I saw The Usual Suspects long after I knew it was Kevin Spacey. Didn't make it any less enjoyable, and unlike in this case, that's something the whole movie hinges on. If a story is good, it doesn't matter if you know what's going to happen. In some cases, it makes it even better, because you know something is going to happen but not when, and it ratchets up the tension. The plugging-of-ears when it comes to spoilers, no matter how minor, in the past few years is pretty strange. I don't fully understand it.

But whatever, if you're gonna report it, go ahead, I don't really care. Frisky got so hilariously pissed he ignored me, apparently, which is fine with me since he already got strangely defensive when I said some choices for PS4 ports were weird.

Posting here so more people can see it:

Gurumin is officially PlayStation TV compatible!!!!

https://twitter.com/PaulRAcevedo/status/598861180338249728

Note that if you had it downloaded prior to the whitelisting, you'll have to redownload it to get it to work.

Not sure where to post this. Anyone know how to block certain members? Can't figure out on main site or mobile. Thanks.

Yeah, I said earlier it's basically Ducktales. The visual style is pretty Mega Man. I was just saying that it isn't like Metroid in having a big, interconnected map, it has the same sort overworld as Mario 3. The nodes you move between, barriers you unlock, bonus stages, etc.

But it's not a spoiler. It's such a minor thing, which is already heavily implied in the main game. I didn't say what happens at the end of the DLC, which is explicitly mentioned at the end of the main game. I didn't say any of the other events that happen in it, which make up the vast majority of its time. I mentioned a moment that's a few seconds long and ultimately doesn't matter.

Admittedly, I was maybe not in the best shape to be trying to explain things yesterday, or even posting in general (won't go into why), but I stand by the fact that people were getting way too mad about it. I wouldn't say what happens at the end of Burial at Sea Part 2, or even the end of Bioshock Infinite itself. Same with the end of TLOU Prime, or pretty much anything else within the past few years. The movie stuff was hyperbole, but I think it has a point: most of those twists were spoiled for us before we saw them. I saw The Usual Suspects long after I knew it was Kevin Spacey. Didn't make it any less enjoyable, and unlike in this case, that's something the whole movie hinges on. If a story is good, it doesn't matter if you know what's going to happen. In some cases, it makes it even better, because you know something is going to happen but not when, and it ratchets up the tension. The plugging-of-ears when it comes to spoilers, no matter how minor, in the past few years is pretty strange. I don't fully understand it.

But whatever, if you're gonna report it, go ahead, I don't really care. Frisky got so hilariously pissed he ignored me, apparently, which is fine with me since he already got strangely defensive when I said some choices for PS4 ports were weird.
Spoilers, omg.

I don't know why, but I'm strangely fascinated by how many people go through the trouble of actually ignoring someone over this. I mostly just lurk in these threads, and am used to reading drama instead of anything to do with gaming or deals, but it's curious to me that mentioning chicks kissing is causing such an uproar. It really doesn't seem like a major plot point to me.

Obi Wan delimbed and left Anakin for dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back