PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I've tried going all digital with the Vita as a test as to how I like it. The problem is that the Vita memory cards are so damn expensive. I refuse to spend what they are asking for for a 16GB or 32GB. My 8 GB that I got with my bundle is always full.
I hear ya. I bought my Vita during the holidays of 2013 and there were a lot of good deals on memory. I picked up a 16 gb for Vita games, and two 8 gb cards for PSP and PSX games respectively. I thought that would cover me. Nope. All filled up quickly and it's just enough of an pain to switch cards or the games on the cards to be annoying. Considering how many of my games were "free" with PS+ or cheap through flash sales I shouldn't really complain though.

I know it's just a straight emulation, but can anybody tell me if Odin Sphere on the PS3 suffers the same slowdowns that it did on PS2?
This is just me confirming what others have said. I picked up the the PSN version about two years ago, hoping to get around the slowdown issue, and had no problems.

It's been awhile and I can't say with certainty that there was no slowdown at all, but there certainly wasn't enough to make it difficult to play, or enough for me to remember it years later. Meanwhile I know people who put down the physical version and refused to play it ever again, the slowdown was so bad.

It's more of a remaster. They brought it to a new platform, made it look better, and added a lot of new features/content to it.
I've wondered if Final Fantasy 4 Complete on the PSP/Vita is a remake or remaster.

It feels like the same game, just with better graphics, and I really though it was the same engine.

Persona 1 and 2 are definitely not easy, and require way more commitment and patience than 3 and 4. Though 2 is pretty nifty in which you fight Hitler.. er Master-D.
if i hate persona 3 and 4 due to social links, but like straight dungeon crawlers and smt games, would i like the first two personas? I know they don't have social links (i think?) but are they solid drpgs?

What promotion is that?

a4cf8bb8e3.jpg

This is just me confirming what others have said. I picked up the the PSN version about two years ago, hoping to get around the slowdown issue, and had no problems.

It's been awhile and I can't say with certainty that there was no slowdown at all, but there certainly wasn't enough to make it difficult to play, or enough for me to remember it years later. Meanwhile I know people who put down the physical version and refused to play it ever again, the slowdown was so bad.
Is it odd, I am an RPG fanatic and love/adore action RPGs but I absolutely hated Odin Sphere due to the food and planting level up system.
(I also disliked Witcher 2 due to the always needing to has potions drank and ready or you're pretty much dead in combat. I heard patches fixed this, and I refused to play easy)

if i hate persona 3 and 4 due to social links, but like straight dungeon crawlers and smt games, would i like the first two personas? I know they don't have social links (i think?) but are they solid drpgs?
Most likely. 1 and 2 are far more "classic SMT" than P3 and P4.

Most likely. 1 and 2 are far more "classic SMT" than P3 and P4.

Trying think should I get Tales of Hearts R or wait til it's cheaper. Currently playing Tales of the Abyss so I'm on back on my Tales high. Is Tales of Hearts R any good? I see it has mixed reviews.
hearts r is pretty good. only issues I had were the late join times, lack of balance in the arte lists, small spell aoe and the mc being forced into the final battle when logically he didn't have to do anything. Oh and random encounters can be an issue. Arte wise some of the characters get far better artes than others or their artes aren't good till late game like hisui. wall of text not spoilers below. used spoiler tag to save space.

Then some characters are shoe horned into one element like innes with water hisui with wind or kunzite with darkness (though he does get one wind arte late game) which can cause issues when an enemy is resistent and such to them. The enemy elemental coverage isn't properly balanced either. There are way more light electric fire and or darkness weakness enemies while the others get kinda shafted. There's one section where the enemies are all weak to ice which makes innes super op but then she fades back into obscurity. Shing beryl and chal get of course light electric and fire. With beryl getting full coverage of every element arte and spell wise.

Shing and later hisui are the only party members for the majority of the first part and its kinda annoying though they increase/decrease the enemies at least as party members join. Its about 7 dungeons till you get your 3rd party member gallando and beryl joins a little while after that but then nothing for another long gap. Finally on your Last two soul shards for kohaku you get her and innes in the party then kunzite and chal finally in the end of part 1 and early part 2 for a bit then they leave the party again for a bit.

innes has one if not the highest physical attack stats but its wasted when all of her best artes are type locked to water.

gall was a filler character who gets permabenched as soon as innes and kohaku join since he was built as a jack of all trades fail character. His attack and magic are both much lower than all the other characters so there's no reason to use him once you have every character that does what he does better. What makes me wonder is why they even gave chal magic when his magic stats so low barring some weapons that cut into his physical attack significantly just to bump it up to decent.

Hisui is crazy broken once you get his two wind sphere artes. you can stunlock bosses for like ever. but those come late game and alot of his artes are awkward to use. unlike his predecessor raven his artes are lobbed at weird angles and don't seem to accurately go for enemies.

Anywho I don't know if it will go dropping to 10 and even if it did I would go physical since its a vita game an all with vita mem card space being prime real estate that it is. Plus the physical version has dropped to 20 or less a couple times so 6$ isn't that much of a deal.

I hear ya. I bought my Vita during the holidays of 2013 and there were a lot of good deals on memory. I picked up a 16 gb for Vita games, and two 8 gb cards for PSP and PSX games respectively. I thought that would cover me. Nope. All filled up quickly and it's just enough of an pain to switch cards or the games on the cards to be annoying. Considering how many of my games were "free" with PS+ or cheap through flash sales I shouldn't really complain though.
Yea my 8 GB is killing me. I was going to get MLB 15 as a physical cart but they only made digital copies this year. That sucker takes up a good 3.5 GB. All I need is Rainbow Moon, Wipeout, and suddenly I'm pushing my limits. I can't even put more than one podcast right now. I'm holding out for Sony to just drop the price of the cards since according to them the Vita is a "legacy" console

Yea my 8 GB is killing me. I was going to get MLB 15 as a physical cart but they only made digital copies this year. That sucker takes up a good 3.5 GB. All I need is Rainbow Moon, Wipeout, and suddenly I'm pushing my limits. I can't even put more than one podcast right now. I'm holding out for Sony to just drop the price of the cards since according to them the Vita is a "legacy" console
I sold my Vita Fat, but kept my PSTV...

I hadn't used my Vita since April 2014, and haven't used my PSTV since Dec... even though I love the system.

just for reference, that 'legacy' remark was in an investor meeting and they were talking about writing off vita units with oled screens. Nothing has changed. They're still making vitas. Still selling vitas. Still not making AAA games, but still making ps4/vita PSN games, encouraging localization, indies, etc.

Is it odd, I am an RPG fanatic and love/adore action RPGs but I absolutely hated Odin Sphere due to the food and planting level up system.
(I also disliked Witcher 2 due to the always needing to has potions drank and ready or you're pretty much dead in combat. I heard patches fixed this, and I refused to play easy)
I was okay with the food and planting level up system, but it definitely wore thin the longer I got into the game. It's probably one of the few criticisms I had. You fall into this routine and repeat it over and over and over again.

I like the idea of potions in the Witcher, but their short lengths (in the second game) meant they were too much of a hassle to be worth using. In most fights you don't necessarily need them, and when you do they wear off during the cutscenes. I actually played this for the first time about a month ago, so it's still fresh in my memory.

Huh.. when did they add the 'add to library' option on the ps4 game section for PS+? Just noticed it the other night when i went to add Skulls of the Shogun and MGS to my librarly. I usually have to download, then cancel them which is kinda annoying. But this time there was a 'add to library' button under the buy/d.load option. I am assuming thats the same as 'buying' it right? I can go back and get it whenever i want now? If so good on them

I'd hope that's not the case since there are six games in that sale. Complaining about what can fit on a banner is weird.
I forgot about the PS4 games since I was using my PS3 to access the store. They still need to include more games with PS+ discounts even if the discounts aren't great since every ad and banner advertising PS+ touts the additional discounts you get for subscribing. I think this is the first week in a while that we have more than two or three games on sale with PS+ discounts, right?

Do you think there will be a 4th of July Flash Sale since it's on over the weekend?
I can see it honestly.
I'm secretly hoping for a downloadable version of Fantavision to celebrate the Fourth of July so I can play it again on my PS3 or PS4.

Yea I've tried going all digital with the Vita as a test as to how I like it. The problem is that the Vita memory cards are so damn expensive. I refuse to spend what they are asking for for a 16GB or 32GB. My 8 GB that I got with my bundle is always full.
Yeah, I feel your pain. I actually started out with 8GB as well, and while I go all physical for retail games, I do grab tons of the digital only games. That 8GB card filled up almost immediately, and the crap memory manager program didn't work on my windows 7 PC, so I said fuck 'em(I didn't want to transfer games back & forth anyway), and started a boycott of PSN until I could get a 32GB card cheap.

So I didn't buy anything from PSN for about 8-12 months until I got a great deal on a 32 card. So since then, I have been flipping the lower cards, to help pay for the bigger ones. So I'm on a 64GB card now, and even though it's not full, it may be soon depending on the digital only games that arrive and how big they may be, only time will tell.

http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Universal-Media-Remote-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ZJRHSZO/

Amazon has a page up for the PS4 Bluetooth remote that I mentioned a few weeks ago.
I hope this means that Harmony remotes will be able to have more functionality when this releases. Apparently Sony blocks anything but PS4 controllers to be able to turn on the machine (according to Logitech). No remote control support is a specific reason why I chose an Xbox One (which has full remote support) instead of a PS4 in my living room. I assume Sony won't be dumb enough to release a remote that can't turn on their own machine.

I've played the first one several times through the years, and it's good fun. The characters are interesting and the 3d dungeon crawling through buildings and other places is great. Persona 1 (Revelations: Persona) on PS1 was my intro to the series so I may be biased in liking it so much. It also helps that I loved the 3d dungeons in Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System as well as stuff like Golgo 13 (and it's sequel) on the NES which had the 3d corridors in the same style. I think you'll enjoy it more than 3&4 if you hate social links and just like first person dungeon crawling.

I still need to break the seal on my copy of P4:Golden, but no way after I got my PSTV was I going to buy that in digital format. $20 new for a massive RPG on a physical cart is not a big deal to me.

My technique for managing a small vita memory card is to download only a few games to play at once (1 or 2 big games at most and a side small game). if space is still available download maybe a couple extra small indie games to try. Leave everything else online. You don't need every purchase with you. Put the games being played on one page and everything else on another.

Despite having tons of space, I'm doing this with my PS3 right now. I'm using the custom category sort option and I label the games I'm playing as "Playing" and everything else resides in the "Unknown" default folder. So I only look at three games in my Playing folder (I Am Alive, Rain & Race The Sun). Once I finish one of those I'll delete it, move it to a separate "Completed" folder, or remove the category tag so it goes back to the Unknown folder for further playing later. Which for me, I'm nearly 100% done with the after stuff in Rain so that'll be probably leaving my Playing folder tonight and I think I'm getting close to unlocking everything in Race the Sun and that may go back to Unknown. If I find a game not fun or worth completing then it's easy to delete it completely. I feel like when I get back to Proteus I'll probably delete it after one more play through now that I know how to advance the seasons.

I think that's part of what has hurt me in the past with making progress in games... downloading too much stuff and wading through it all to find something to play. In a way it's kind of good I only got the 8gb card with my PSTV so I'm forced to limit what is on it. Upgrading my PS3 and my backup/restore failing was kind of a blessing in disguise. Too often before the upgrade I booted my PS3 and wade through tons of games only to struggle figuring out what to play wrestling with the fact that I had hit my storage limit to download new purchases but not wanting to delete anything because I intended to play it all. Certainly I'm pre-loading some games on the system but only what I actually want to play next. Brothers will replace Rain, Daytona USA is going to replace Race the Sun, and eventually I Am Alive will get replaced by Infamous Festival of Blood. Or something like that. I'm not downloading anything unless I get the itch to play it soon. The Unfinished Swan is probably my next download for the queue to go in after Brothers (which I understand is fairly short).

I'm glad rocket league will have more people online now.
hope vita geometry wars is good, and ill give Styx a try. Good month!

I have none of those games except Styx which I have on :xb1:. Not a bad month at all, I'll take it.

I also hope ya'll bought Of Orcs and Men this past sale flash sale when it was $5. Styx is a prequel to it but it would have been better to play Orcs first.

Wasn't there a game similar to Rocket League on Xbox / PS2? Or maybe it was 360 / PS3? Definately remember playing another soccer with cars type thing.

Eh, weak month for PS Plus. I already have Geometry Wars 3 on Xbox One, but am interested in playing it on my Vita. Styx has never been a game that has looked interesting to me, but now that's it is free I will check it out, same goes for Entwined. 

I was really hoping that Krank would be free this month since it's a first-party launch title. I never played the game and I think it would make a great freebie. 

If you want to see Rocket League in action, I've got a video of it in action from the beta that shows all you should need to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLZSsSYk0wI

Wasn't there a game similar to Rocket League on Xbox / PS2? Or maybe it was 360 / PS3? Definately remember playing another soccer with cars type thing.
The predecessor was a PSN exclusive on PS3 called Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars.

so if you never played any persona games what the hell is the difference between the 3 series...is there a nice page somewhere that explains them or should I just find reviews for each game?

Reddit has a huge turn-on for Rocket League but it doesn't look all that great to me. I'll try it regardless.

I have GeoWars 3 on the One but excited to play it on vita. It's such a great game

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/01/ps-plus-free-games-for-july-2015/

Entwined - PS4/PS3/Vita

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved - Vita

Mousecraft - PS4/PS3/Vita

Rain - PS3

Rocket League - PS4

Styx: Master of Shadows - PS4

Can't wait for Rocket League.
Like Rocket League, didn't know that Geometry Wars 3 was coming out on Vita so that's cool (though sadly not cross buy), have Styx on XB1 but trophies are good. Glad I didn't bite on the many poor sales Entwined has had where it's been a bit more than I wanted to pay. Not a flashy month but I'll play some of these at least.

so if you never played any persona games what the hell is the difference between the 3 series...is there a nice page somewhere that explains them or should I just find reviews for each game?
Well Persona 3/4 is as much about being a high school student in Japan as anything so if you don't like that aspect they probably won't be for you but are definitely the most loved. They're also more colorful and vibrant contrasting with the darker material.

The other SMT games on sale are sort of branches of the main game (where Persona is a fully spun off series). Usually more grim and straight dungeon crawler than the Persona games.

Persona 1/2 are first-person dungeon crawlers that are more old school and hard to get into due to being PS1 games.

Persona 3/4 are more traditional JRPGs with half of the game being a dungeon crawler and the other half being more visual novel to improve social links with party members that in turn help improve fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back