PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nier was unintentionally hilarious. It tried so so so hard to be tragic and so sad that it looped around to funny. It was the crassest, most obvious, most blatant sequence of emotional manipulation I've ever seen. The author did not have his finger on the scale of the universe, he had smashed through with his whole fist, red faced, furiously demanding I cry.

Mostly I compared Trapt to it because it was the only other game that came to mind that was basically "Everything sucks forever you can't win." but at least Trapt had the decency of just being a shit world full of shit people being a product of shit evil forces beyond their ken. ]

Nier was unintentionally hilarious. It tried so so so hard to be tragic and so sad that it looped around to funny. It was the crassest, most obvious, most blatant sequence of emotional manipulation I've ever seen. The author did not have his finger on the scale of the universe, he had smashed through with his whole fist, red faced, furiously demanding I cry.
I found the over top to be the best part!
Though I kind of wish we got the Replicant version.

Anyways, is Power Stone better on PSP or Dreamcast?

https://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity/status/621110875533934593

Price?
$150
Careful with them, they are using a weird 3rd party to handle their orders named "Digital River" I think.

They are charging up front, instead of at shipping.

That's a shame, FFNY is a fantastic game, never played the PSP version but loved the Xbox version to death, my friends and I used to play that game all the time.
Yeah, I beat it on PS2 back in the day. It was one of my favorite PS2 games as a matter of fact. I would definitely spring for the PSP version if I didn't already own it because it looks great on Vita especially if you have the OLED model.

Careful with them, they are using a weird 3rd party to handle their orders named "River Creek" I think.

They are charging up front, instead of at shipping.
I think it's Digital River that Capcom uses.

I think I'll pull the trigger on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle. It's got some average ratings, but I enjoy the source material.

Since I'm late to the party, I'm only now getting around to grabbing a few PSM games for my Vita and all. However, I notice that most of them say that they require a new version of the PSM runtime package, it goes to install, and yet never does.

I've seen responses online about downloading other PSM games and opening them in order to kick things into gear, but off of the current crop I've downloaded it's been a no-go. Does anyone know of any titles that will work best to force the stupid runtime package to actually work, or is it just an exercise in futility right now?
From the home screen tap the bubble in the upper right hand corner to display your message/activity list. Scroll through and check to see if you have a message for an earlier version of the PSM app waiting to install. If you do you need to tap the dots next to the message which will bring up a Cancel option. Cancel the install which will delete the download files and should then let you download the new version. Running a game to complete the install should then work.

Version 1.2 (or something) was sitting in my list waiting for install and once I got rid of it the new version installed without issue.

From the home screen tap the bubble in the upper right hand corner to display your message/activity list. Scroll through and check to see if you have a message for an earlier version of the PSM app waiting to install. If you do you need to tap the dots next to the message which will bring up a Cancel option. Cancel the install which will delete the download files and should then let you download the new version. Running a game to complete the install should then work.

Version 1.2 (or something) was sitting in my list waiting for install and once I got rid of it the new version installed without issue.
Thanks a great deal! Now I at least have all of those PSM games up and running without anything else to worry about, and in so doing I wound up buying two more titles I was interested in, just for the hell of it.

I had launch PS3 YLOD on me. Finally replaced it a few years later and that system YLOD'd not long after that. I broke down an bought a SuperSlim a couple months back and finally enjoying all the games I collected for it and enjoying these sales even more (now that I can actually play these games)!

I'm so used to Xbox's Rockstar sales consisting of the usual overpriced GTA4, LA Noir, and Red Dead Redemption, I'm amazed at the offers I see now. Anyway, what I'm saying is...

Are GTA3 and Vice City worth getting at these prices? Anything wrong with these ports?

I've somehow managed to avoid San Andreas altogether... Thinking of biting on this too but not sure. Can anyone sway me?.

L.C.S & V.C.S were fun but didn't seem more than their original counterparts (beyond costumes) so I think I'll skip those unless there's good reason not to. Thanks for any input on these ports!

L.C.S & V.C.S were fun but didn't seem more than their original counterparts (beyond costumes) so I think I'll skip those unless there's good reason not to. Thanks for any input on these ports!
I'll give you LCS. As much as I loved it, it wasn't that much more than GTA3. But VCS? Um, they added in Swimming and the whole deal with taking over territory and stuff to make money. It was much more than VC. It was VC mixed with some advanced features from San Andreas and then some. Plus Phil Collins! The whole final mission with Phil was one of my favorite gaming moments in any gta game. Oh and local multiplayer on the PSP version. They added some additional content to the PS2 port as well (jobs and stuff, which was a first for any gta port). So definitely if you passed on VCS thinking it was just VC, go back to it. LCS was a great game too just without many actual feature upgrades. If you have any love for GTA3, it's great to go back to that world for a completely new story.

If you played them both to death though, the only reason to go back is Nostalgia (which happens to infect a lot of my purchases). Still most of the time VCS is the game I want to go back to most in the GTA series. So I have reason to own it.

The other ports III/VC/SA are solid. I've had no real issues with them or the other R* ports that I own on PSN.

That big Amazon Prime Day sale is a load of nothing for all of the hype they created for it.
To be fair, I don't watch TV and I get the impression there was a media blitz, but it seems to me like most of the hype was generated by message boards/social media/Reddit/etc. Seen way too many people talking about specific deals and that Amazon promised this would be "better" than Black Friday when all I saw was that this was happening and "more" deals than Black Friday and I don't even think Amazon themselves ever officially announced any specifics, other than a leaked, behind the scenes press release I saw reposted a million times. May seem like splitting hairs, but I think people read into this what they wanted and some of the more extreme examples of entitled rage are pretty amusing.

Anyway, sick of hearing about Amazon. My question is, Last of Us: Left Behind for PS4, worth it for $5? Haven't gotten into Last of Us yet, but this seems like it's been getting positive reviews.

Anyway, sick of hearing about Amazon. My question is, Last of Us: Left Behind for PS4, worth it for $5? Haven't gotten into Last of Us yet, but this seems like it's been getting positive reviews.
Hell yes. But truth be told, if you haven't gotten Last of Us yet, you can probably get a decent deal on the digital or physical complete version for ~$10. If you already have TLOU by itself on PS4 and just need this to complete it, go ahead and bite, it's a great ltitle story that you'll like if you enjoyed the main game.

Hell yes. But truth be told, if you haven't gotten Last of Us yet, you can probably get a decent deal on the digital or physical complete version for ~$10. If you already have TLOU by itself on PS4 and just need this to complete it, go ahead and bite, it's a great ltitle story that you'll like if you enjoyed the main game.
I bought the Last of Us PS4 bundle right before everyone started having the good sales on Last of Us. Could have had Batman, oops.

Thanks a great deal! Now I at least have all of those PSM games up and running without anything else to worry about, and in so doing I wound up buying two more titles I was interested in, just for the hell of it.
IMPORTANT:

Go to [Settings] > [PSN] > [System Activation] > [PlayStation Mobile] > [Activate] > [OK].

This will permanently unlock your vita for PSM games. This must be done by Sept.10th

They hyped it as better than Black Friday. That didn't give me much hope since last year they pretty much just price matched everyone.
Never once did Amazon say Prime Day would have "better" deals than BF. They only ever said "more" deals than Black Friday. Almost everything I ever read about Prime Day, including news stories from national outlets and random posts on forums like yours, failed to notice this difference, which now we know is very, very crucial.

I'll give you LCS. As much as I loved it, it wasn't that much more than GTA3. But VCS? Um, they added in Swimming and the whole deal with taking over territory and stuff to make money. It was much more than VC.

The other ports III/VC/SA are solid. I've had no real issues with them or the other R* ports that I own on PSN.
Good to know! I pretty much blew off V.C.S. after I played L.C.S. Guess I'll get all these while they're cheap.

This will be the 7th or 8th version of GTA3 I'll have... can't have too much of a good thing, right?

To be fair, I don't watch TV and I get the impression there was a media blitz, but it seems to me like most of the hype was generated by message boards/social media/Reddit/etc. Seen way too many people talking about specific deals and that Amazon promised this would be "better" than Black Friday when all I saw was that this was happening and "more" deals than Black Friday and I don't even think Amazon themselves ever officially announced any specifics, other than a leaked, behind the scenes press release I saw reposted a million times. May seem like splitting hairs, but I think people read into this what they wanted and some of the more extreme examples of entitled rage are pretty amusing.
https://twitter.com/amazon/status/617922365327024128

Amazon has been hyping it up non-stop on their Twitter account for the past week or two. Comparing it to Black Friday and saying there are going to be more deals sets a huge precedent for what to expect and this sale fell way short of that. There were maybe a dozen games and accessories as a part of the sale and that pales in comparison to what we get on Black Friday for one day alone. The only way I could see them beating the amount of items on sale is because they have a special for their food and pantry subscription stuff with a ton of items there, but that's a weird thing to potentially use to pump up the numbers.

I didn't say anything about them claiming it was better. I knew from the start that their claims were about having more items on sale than Black Friday, but they've set themselves up for failure by making that direct comparison to the biggest shopping day of the year. It doesn't help that their Black Friday stuff has a much better set-up than what I see of the Prime Day Sale as there was plenty of documentation of past, current, and upcoming deals that the Prime Sale lacks.

Never once did Amazon say Prime Day would have "better" deals than BF. They only ever said "more" deals than Black Friday. Almost everything I ever read about Prime Day, including news stories from national outlets and random posts on forums like yours, failed to notice this difference, which now we know is very, very crucial.
I didn't say better deals. I just said better. Which was still me considering their "more deals than Black Friday" saying. That would be better than Black Friday because there would be more.

You're being too finicky about the word I used. Sorry I didn't have their advertising copy with me. So replace better with more . My point is even stronger. Amazon's Black Friday sale was padded by them just price matching everyone. Their Prime Day sale advertising "more" deals than Black Friday didn't mean much to me.

Is guilty gear a good deal?
depends
if you are plus and are looking at the ps3 version, then yes -> http://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Gear-Xrd-PlayStation-Standard-Edition/dp/B00KHDJBS2
if you are plus and are looking at the ps4 version then no -> its 32.50 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Gear-Xrd-PlayStation-Standard-Edition/dp/B00KHDJBS2
If you want it used it might still be on sale for 18ish on gamefly. -> https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Guilty-Gear-Xrd-SIGN/5008407

Wow, that's the second time I've seen a flashy leak out. Either way, the timing, especially for this week, couldn't be any more perfect. Prime Day was such a massive letdown, that I'm in desperate need for actual deals. Even looks like an honest improvement over June's, too. Really looking to grab Bulletstorm, Teslagrad, Deus Ex, or even MGS: Rising if they're all at the right price. 

Dammit, I got the first Neptunia during the last sale, now I have to buy all the rest.
I bought Rebirth 1 during the flash sale... used my $60 credit at Target.

5ze3uo.jpg

Noire is the only one left I may grab.. depending on price. PP... pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back