PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Atlus & Bethesda Sales!"

I see the Bethesda stuff.. Is my browser not showing me the Atlus stuff?
Disgaea Hour of Darkness, Growlanser Heritage of War, Growlanser Wayfarer of Time, Demon's Souls, and God Mode I think are all the Atlus sales that I can recognize from the list

Disgaea Hour of Darkness, Growlanser Heritage of War, Growlanser Wayfarer of Time, Demon's Souls, and God Mode I think are all the Atlus sales that I can recognize from the list
Ahh, some of them show Sony as the publisher.. but Mention Atlus in the description. Normally when they have an Atlus sale it's listed alongside the other publisher.

Guess I was looking for some of the other Atlus game (or more than just a few games)

I maintain that Dishonored was extremely good, even better if you realize it doubles as a crazy Nightcrawler action game AND a stealth game. Don't forget to try a lethal run.

Or better, try the combat arena in the DLC. I'm apparently the only person on Steam who took that DLC seriously because 3 starring all those challenges is still one of my rarest cheevos.

To the point, all three major pieces of Dishonored DLC qualify as "really fricken good." The challenge pack is probably only going to be if you liked playing with Dishonored's tools but I did and it was great at that. Puzzles, action, speed, everything you need and a crappy barrel shooting game to boot. The Daud DLCs are almost better than the main game's levels. They're just that good.

I maintain that Dishonored was extremely good, even better if you realize it doubles as a crazy Nightcrawler action game AND a stealth game. Don't forget to try a lethal run.

Or better, try the combat arena in the DLC. I'm apparently the only person on Steam who took that DLC seriously because 3 starring all those challenges is still one of my rarest cheevos.

To the point, all three major pieces of Dishonored DLC qualify as "really fricken good." The challenge pack is probably only going to be if you liked playing with Dishonored's tools but I did and it was great at that. Puzzles, action, speed, everything you need and a crappy barrel shooting game to boot. The Daud DLCs are almost better than the main game's levels. They're just that good.
Oddly, I killed everyone BUT my Targets my first time through and got the good ending.

Opinions on the Growlanser games? The reviews I looked at basically said these games are not the series' best showing, but WoT at least sounds coherent.
I like the series and wish it did better here, so I'm going to have to insist you get them both. Have pity on an underperforming series; when Heritage of War originally released on PS2 in North America, the NPD numbers only totaled 5000 copies sold.

Oddly, I killed everyone BUT my Targets my first time through and got the good ending.
Chaos is the only thing that matters for the ending and the high chaos final level is actually, in my opinion, better than the low chaos version. Sure the nice ending is better but the high chaos actually has a final battle that's memorable rather than "Oh you picked up the key now I'll try to kill you."

Of course, playing the whole game again just to change chaos up is a tall order. There are several small changes here and there (Daud boss fight will tell his minions to stand down in low chaos, join in on high chaos) but you have to enjoy that for its own sake.

I like the series and wish it did better here, so I'm going to have to insist you get them both. Have pity on an underperforming series; when Heritage of War originally released on PS2 in North America, the NPD numbers only totaled 5000 copies sold.
I was one of those 5k and was very disappointed with it. For a fiver though the issues with the game aren't too bad. I would say just buy WoT and play it first then decide if a subpar entry for the series is worth it. I wish Generations(2-3) would hit PSN.

Chaos is the only thing that matters for the ending and the high chaos final level is actually, in my opinion, better than the low chaos version. Sure the nice ending is better but the high chaos actually has a final battle that's memorable rather than "Oh you picked up the key now I'll try to kill you."

Of course, playing the whole game again just to change chaos up is a tall order. There are several small changes here and there (Daud boss fight will tell his minions to stand down in low chaos, join in on high chaos) but you have to enjoy that for its own sake.
It just seems weird that the chaos generated by the death of a guard (or ALL the guards) vs a target's death is drastically different.

However this may point out that the death of someone in uniform is taken drastically different than a public official or figure.

It won't let me pre-order dishonored, it says I Already own dishonored on ps3
Anyone else having this issue?

I am tempted to pre order it (due to the $20 discount) but since I got dishonored through PS+ and haven't even downloaded of played it..

downloading on PS3 now to play it a bit, so won't be buying it till tomorrow at the earliest if I do decide to.

Great prices on Old Blood and Bastion, but I feel these are both PS+ bound..  backlog means I won't get to them soon.. decisions decisions!!

Anyone else having this issue?

I am tempted to pre order it (due to the $20 discount) but since I got dishonored through PS+ and haven't even downloaded of played it..
downloading on PS3 now to play it a bit, so won't be buying it till tomorrow at the earliest if I do decide to.
Is it $20 to upgrade if we own it through ps plus? I don't see how we couldnt since there's not really an option for us to buy it ourselves since we own it...idk I'm dumb pls inform me guys

Can't decide on Bastion and Transistor. Reviews are mostly positive and the art style looks great but I just can't tell if the games are actually FUN. I've watched tons of videos for each and can't figure this out. Anyone care to chime in? Maybe compare the gameplay to another game?

Can't decide on Bastion and Transistor. Reviews are mostly positive and the art style looks great but I just can't tell if the games are actually FUN. I've watched tons of videos for each and can't figure this out. Anyone care to chime in? Maybe compare the gameplay to another game?
I've only played a short bit of each and thought they were fun. The overall consensus is overwhelmingly positive and they're held in very high regard.

Transistor and Bastion I found to be incredibly boringVery well made, great audio and visuals but not fun
I personally found Bastion to be more "fun". The frozen map-your-attack bits in Transistor's combat system, while seemingly cool, kind of took the flow out of the game for me. Both are still excellent overall IMO.

So far Transistor is my favorite PS4 digital only title. You get an action bar which lets you freeze time and plan out how you want to attack the enemies and you also unlock functions which can be equipped to change the affects of certain attacks, it has some depth and has a new game+ which lets you carry your character over with all its progression.

The art & soundtrack is nothing short of amazing. I bought it at launch for full price and can easily recommend it for the sale price. I really, really, need to play Bastion. I own it PC but just haven't gotten around to it.

Bastion is as good if not better than many retail games. Easily a favorite for me, own it 3x.

Old Blood came out in retail today. Would have paid 17 for it and traded it in down the line but 9.99 is actually a better deal

Also excited to replay bastion

Growlanser WOT has what appears to be a really cool combat system. Bought it for that, but haven't tried it out yet... but it definitely has fans.

----

Transistor was awsome! Loved it. Have Bastion on Steam but I'll never play it there, picked it up for PS4.

And Wolfenstein is only $10? Wow. Anyone know how long of a game it is? I absolutely loved the 'main' game.

I'm still nervous that if our PS+ burns out, will we be able to still play Dishonored.

Granted I have 3 more years I think.
Anything you buy will be yours if you ever don't have ps+. This is not something you need to worry about.

I really liked Bastion, played it on the xbox. Picked up Transistor for free on PS+ some time back and didn't enjoy it at all.

Picked up Borderlands: Handsome Collection, ESO and Old Blood recently. Starting to build up another backlog, sigh.

I was never fortunate enough to own one of my own when it was relevant and I don't really keep legacy consoles around because I don't play them. Still remember when they dropped it to $99 and I convinced my father who hadn't seen us for Christmas yet to get it for me. We spent that day running around checking stores and couldn't find one anywhere. Never had another chance to get one after that and haven't really felt compelled to hunt one down in more recent times. Fortunately my best friend in high school had one so got to enjoy most of the great stuff the system had to offer.
Dreamcast is my favorite console of all time although Power Stone Collection is no slouch on PSP. Funny you mentioned legacy consoles. I have so many PSPs that I lost two of them in my apartment along with the PSP Go. I tried to add a new PSP 3000 that I found in a box yesterday and couldn't since I already had 3 PSPs on my account.

Aside from The Evil Within Season Pass, I also bought the DriveClub Season Pass... and that might be the best SP I have seen in a while - if not ever. There is so much content included. Fvckloads of cars, liveries, events, and trophies. Even though it is not on sale, it is still a steal at $24.99.

I bought Bastion as a blind buy. Heard good things on here and I just started Transitor. At that price I figured why not as I still had $8 left from the Flash Sale with Monster Monpiece and Hand of Fate.

Dreamcast is my favorite console of all time although Power Stone Collection is no slouch on PSP. Funny you mentioned legacy consoles. I have so many PSPs that I lost two of them in my apartment along with the PSP Go. I tried to add a new PSP 3000 that I found in a box yesterday and couldn't since I already had 3 PSPs on my account.
So...how many PSPs did you have at one point?

Oh and thanks for the heads up on Bastion. I've played a bit of Transistor and love it! Missed Bastion on PC during the Summer sales but this will do nicely.

Growlanser WOT has what appears to be a really cool combat system. Bought it for that, but haven't tried it out yet... but it definitely has fans.

----

Transistor was awsome! Loved it. Have Bastion on Steam but I'll never play it there, picked it up for PS4.

And Wolfenstein is only $10? Wow. Anyone know how long of a game it is? I absolutely loved the 'main' game.

Anything you buy will be yours if you ever don't have ps+. This is not something you need to worry about.
What I am getting at is Dishonored PS4 is considered an "Add On"
PS+ Specifically states addons are unplayable if they are tied to a PS+ game and you let your subscription lapse.
However as been stated by myself and a few others, this is a cross platform update and addon, the system probably doesn't care as long as you buy it.

I over think often.

What I am getting at is Dishonored 4 is considered an "Add On"
PS+ Specifically states addons are unplayable if they are tied to a PS+ game and you let your subscription lapse.
However as been stated by myself and a few others, this is a cross platform update and addon, the system probably doesn't care as long as you buy it.
I over think often.
Dishonored 4? What did I miss 2 and 3? Lol

----

About half the length of The New Order. So, pretty lengthy for a budget title since TNO was already long for a FPS(though not really I guess considering no multiplayer).

[quote name="Pheran" post="12815274" timestamp="1437321453"]Here's another endorsement for combining the PS+ discounts, I've never liked the two separate lists. But I greatly appreciate what Frisky does for us![/quote]
Agree...
As for the rest, doesn't matter. I only view the thread through tapatalk on mobile and olors and whatnot don't even come up for me

So...how many PSPs did you have at one point?

Oh and thanks for the heads up on Bastion. I've played a bit of Transistor and love it! Missed Bastion on PC during the Summer sales but this will do nicely.
I still have 4 - a 1000 series, a 2000 series, a 3000 series and a PSP Go. I just can't find the other three. Shameful since I just got a Memory Stick Duo adapter for an SD card in the mail yesterday. The PSN store won't let you download purchases for the PSP to a system that isn't on your account which means I have to find either my 1000 series, 2000 series or Go series system unless I want to remove one of them.

#firstworldproblems

so $20 is the normal price for dishonored definitive edition as long as you have the psn version of dishonored?

$20 isn't just the preorder price?

so $20 is the normal price for dishonored definitive edition as long as you have the psn version of dishonored?

$20 isn't just the preorder price?
$20 is the price to upgrade it to the full PS4 version as long as you own a copy of the digital version.
However, pre-order gets a small bonus.

4-6 hours

Now that I've beaten it, I can finish the entire game in 3-4hrs no problem thanks to my upgrades.
Well, that begs the question -- if I really enjoyed the main game, is the expansion worth $10? I assume it is, just want to make sure.

I recall Super Giant stating Bastion would be cross buy once the Vita version is released. I might just buy it now to show some support to the dev and have it for when it releases on my prefered platform next year.

Well, that begs the question -- if I really enjoyed the main game, is the expansion worth $10? I assume it is, just want to make sure.
I loved it quite a bit, there are some genuinely fun parts.

The only minor problem I had is there are too many "Hold Out" points, and there are points which feel like a hold out, but you can just leave the room... and no one ever tells you that.

$10 is worth it.

"We're focused on a new patch right now, but in a few weeks our first paid DLC drops. Here's a peek at 1 of 2 new cars"

Ah, paid dlc cars.   I figured something like this would come.  Hopefully for gamers it doesn't turn into a pay to win where the dlc cars have stats above what are normally in the game.

Looks like I'm safe this week which is good as I went back for a second round on Monday and grabbed Borderlands Ultimate Edition and a few other games.  The only interesting thing in the sale this week is Bastion but I own that on Steam (from a bundle or past sale) and iOS (when it hit $0.99).  If it were a cross-play game with Vita/PSTV & PS3 and not just on PS4 I'd probably have been tempted.

I gave Stardrone a little play last night.  It was a buck in the last batch of sales and after watching a video review it looked like something I could play casually.  Overall, it's pretty solid for a mashup of pinball, donkey kong king of swing, and probably other games I'm forgetting.  Also played some of the classic Alien Breed on my PSTV.  Really a great classic.  I like how much extra content they have in there beyond the main game.  Oh and I'm narrowing in on the last of the trophies I need in Luftrausers.  I only have a few missions left.   It's sometimes frustrating but very satisfying when everything clicks.  I no longer fear blimps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back