PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that is why it's called a "Rogue-lite." Personally, I absolutely love the game.
Just a heads up, their cross save implementation is wonky. I played the game around launch and then after a patch they released that removed automatic cross save from within the game. I was playing on PS4 originally, but after the patch, I played on VITA. It wasn't until after I beat the final boss the first time that I realized trophies weren't popping. That was about 25 brutal hours in. I sent a message to the devs and they said they are aware of some issues and they are working with Sony, but word to the wise, DO NOT USE THE PSN CLOUD SAVE FUNCTIONALITY AT THE GAME MENU ON THE VITA. It's fucked. Just use the manual "cross save" function from within the game. After I deleted my PSN cloud save and started using the save from within the game, trophies would pop as I beat bosses in NG+... Maybe after another 25 hours I'll get all the trophies that should have unlocked the first time around :(

Really want to play I am Bread, but feels to expensive still. Maybe it will be $1 in a flash sale in a couple years like surgeon simulator.

From time to time you can find the physical game in the $10-20 range *with* the season pass code in the box.

The digital version.. yeah, bad Ubi. (as usual)

FYI Full game + Season pass is $20 on Amazon currently.
Yeah, wasn't really looking for it, just wanted to give a heads-up so other ADD completionists wouldn't get burned. Would be a double dip for me, so impulse is very much tempered by price. Thanks for looking though.

If you are a fan of Metal Slug and want it for Vita, the Anthology is the way to go. They had this on sale not too long ago, might be best to wait for another sale if Metal Slug interests anyone. The Vita is awesome for playing older games like this, mine is full of collections - Gradius, Metal Slug, Capcom Classics Reloaded/Remixed, etc. Perfect for pick up and go gaming.

If you are a fan of Metal Slug and want it for Vita, the Anthology is the way to go. They had this on sale not too long ago, might be best to wait for another sale if Metal Slug interests anyone. The Vita is awesome for playing older games like this, mine is full of collections - Gradius, Metal Slug, Capcom Classics Reloaded/Remixed, etc. Perfect for pick up and go gaming.
That is what cell phones are for ;)

inb4buttonz

Does anyone know why my Vita always sets up two downloads for the same game whenever I try to download something?
My guess is that it's one of the following: 1) The 2nd, smaller download is a patch that is automatically downloaded separately when you download the main game. 2) The game is one of those games that is a full trial and the 2nd, smaller download is the license.

The main problem with P4A's story is the structure. Each character has their own "campaign" but instead of being a different point of view of an overarching narrative it's the same general story with different characterization. While there are amusing moments, it's extremely repetitive watching every character react to the same exact things.

Once you slog through enough of them you unlock the story for the new character, which I ended up liking quite a lot, but it was a lot of work to get there.

P4AU has the opposite problem. The structure of the story is more sensible, but the story itself (as well as the new character) wasn't very good. Considering the setup, it was a bit of a wasted opportunity and kind of disappointing.
Ya...my main problem with P4A's story mode is that the story is supposed to be "canon", but the story (things like which character does what) changes based on which character you're playing as. So it's sort of inconsistent (and repetitive, as stated). I guess you're just supposed to ignore the variables/inconsistencies, glean the main story points (especially the new character's story), and consider those canon. But I just found myself wishing that it was a more consistent narrative (coming at the game as more of a Persona fan than a fighting game fan).

^ I know it's probably cause of auto-correct, and you obviously used "canon" first, but I always picture a cannon when people say something is cannon.

Well, that is why it's called a "Rogue-lite." Personally, I absolutely love the game.
I'm pretty sure that was my point - that some love it, but I hate it.

I put a lot of time into Rogue Legacy. It was fun enough, but that gold grind just sucked the fun out for me. I never went into a game thinking 'maybe I'll win this time'... I went into it thinking 'ok, I need to earn 9999 gold this round so I can level up my sword once'. Permanent progression in a roguelike just destroys the point of them for me.

Seriously guys? Lke 4 pages of bickering about if inverted controls are 'right' or not? Wtf?

He shouldn't have to adapt. Its fucking asinine and absurdly lazy in this day and age not to include an inverted option in a game.

QFT. Seriously, theres no argument here. Its a personal preference and theres no reason every game shouldn't include it.

Seriously. Though the game looks really interesting to me (love the grandia style combat) I refuse to buy the damn thing unles its like $2 or something because its not cross buy. It was cross buy in the UK. Why do they have to screw us US customers?

Id like to know this as well. I usually dont buy digital only games
Funny how you say that and immediately go into bickering. :p

Ubi has been no stranger to PS+, it might even be free eventually when they figure everyone who will pay for it has already.

Yakuza 5 won't get a physical release, if you have any interest in the game and want to support the series, the $34 preorder is your best bet.

You are absolutely correct that the Anthology is an overall better value, but, sadly, not everyone owns a Vita.

OK, scratch that - hardly anyone owns a Vita. And this is being posted by someone who owns a Vita.

Zombie Vikings will be $13.99 (30% Off) for PS+ members for the first two weeks after launch:

Zombie Vikings is releasing digitally on PlayStation 4 Tuesday September 1 in both Europe, Australia and the Americas. It’ll come out a few days later in Japan and some other Asian countries. Zombie Vikings will be available at $19.99 / €19.99 / £14.99 but all PS+ users will have a 30% launch discount all the way through September 15th. Make sure you grab the game before the discount ends!

Also available at launch are two DLC characters, where one is Ray from Stick it to The Man! We also got a few cool things coming up the following weeks. How does Zombie Vikings - Ragnarök Editiön sound? A physical edition of Zombie Vikings coming to your PS4! We’re also working extremely hard to finish the Steam version. Both the Ragnarök Editiön and the Steam version will be available in a couple of weeks.

Was the Dishonored definitive $20 upgrade option only available as a preorder? I can't find it in the store.
Sony pulled it a week early. No word on why.

UPDATE: They just reverted the price... The $19.99 upgrade pricing is back!

[quote name="syclick" post="12886629" timestamp="1440620010"]Sony pulled it a week early. No word on why.

UPDATE: They just reverted the price... The $19.99 upgrade pricing is back![/quote]

Wow cool yeah it changed for me too.

[quote name="syclick" post="12886629" timestamp="1440620010"]Sony pulled it a week early. No word on why.

UPDATE: They just reverted the price... The $19.99 upgrade pricing is back![/quote]

Was the Dishonored definitive $20 upgrade option only available as a preorder? I can't find it in the store.
Sony pulled it a week early. No word on why.

UPDATE: They just reverted the price... The $19.99 upgrade pricing is back!
You may want to look into it a bit since you obviously already have it on PS3. They've done nothing to improve the graphical quality other than a resolution bump, the resolution bump makes it look comparatively worse in aspects (like they didn't even put in higher res button prompts), and I believe that the frame rate is still 30. Not sure about the PS4 version but the XB1 version also has a bunch of new graphical issues like tearing. So despite the name there is nothing definitive about it and just a port to new consoles of the GOTY.

You may want to look into it a bit since you obviously already have it on PS3. They've done nothing to improve the graphical quality other than a resolution bump, the resolution bump makes it look comparatively worse in aspects (like they didn't even put in higher res button prompts), and I believe that the frame rate is still 30. Not sure about the PS4 version but the XB1 version also has a bunch of new graphical issues like tearing. So despite the name there is nothing definitive about it and just a port to new consoles of the GOTY.
I've heard nothing but bad things about this new "Definitive Edition." I'm glad I did not jump on the deal. Having it on the PS3 is probably the better option. I had a bad feeling about it since there were not details about it online besides the release date.

Anyway, I picked up, Grim Fandango and Titan Souls. Titan Souls has had my attention ever since the release but didn't want to cough up the full price. I love the fact that it is Shadow of the Colossus inspired.

I might pick up Giana Sisters and Pier Solar. I'm still thinking about them though.

I've already got Dishonored on PC. Are there even any improvements to the console versions?

DmC:DE was a tremendous improvement and I will never NOT be mad it didn't come to PC. DMC4SE is not a sufficient second place prize.

A good port of DMC3 would be however. Just saying.

Xeodrifter is a Metroidvania that can be finished in three hours created by the Mutant Mudd dev. The boss fights are the same enemy, just stronger after the last.
I actually don't mind this that much. I think but can't prove that the indie game short metroidvania niche has trouble giving us just ONE boss. Steamworld Dig only had one. The problem is that Xeodrifter is so incredibly dull. I'm fine with literally everything whitereflection described here but being so boring I can't even finish a 3 hour game is a crime. It's short, but not sweet at all.

It doesn't do anything wrong, but doesn't do anything interesting. I am nowhere near smart enough to explicitly tell you the difference, but I assure you there is a difference between the average Mario or Mega Man platformer and a forgettable indie game. And this is far, far closer to forgettable than Mario.

Hotline Miami, absolutely.

Hotline Miami - incredible, ultra-violent, inventive twitch-arcade game that somehow manages to do something new. at first very hard, you soon are speed running through levels, leaving nothing but corpses in your wake. it's a finely tuned kill-simulator as you use everything at your disposal to clear zones.

pros - high octane indie action. ultraviolence. crazy ass story.

Rogue Legacy -- platforming metroidvania-ish roguelikelike. As you die, your offspring [often with odd mutations] takes on your legacy as you try to clear a rather large castle full of all your favorite castlevania style monsters and obstacles. You will die, but you'll earn gold that you can spend on permanent upgrades.

The upgrading aspect of this game absolutely killed it for me. For some people that hate permadeath, they like it because it 'feels' like progress. For me, it just means the game is pretty much impossible to beat until you die X times and slowly grinded enough coin to buy good upgrades... whereas in a true permadeath situation you have the theoretical ability to succeed each time.

That said, if the slow upgrading between lives doesn't bother you, and you're perfectly at home slowly upgrading over many lives [and dying when you meet monsters you're simply ill equipped to beat for another x lives of grinding], people love it for it's core mechanics.
I second this and I would reiterate that RL's grinding is so different from other roguelike/roguelites' unlock systems. You literally become hugely stronger as you grind. It simply is not a game that your skill alone will get you through. (I'm not going to compare it to BoI because, one, BoI sucks for different reasons, and, two, there are no close runs of BoI that your skill pulled you through. You either go nova with the damage or you die a death of six cuts. But the principle is the same.)

There's something else I hated about RL: The platforming. The levels are unforgiving and trolltastic in the GnG sense but without the GnG sense of design, because they're randomized. And no GnG had permadeath. In addition, one of the central mechanics is a mid-air down slash to open platforms beneath you, not unlike Scrooge's pogo cane move... but the down slash must be triggered every time, with a timing window that is even tighter than high jumps off enemies in DKCR. And there's always spikes beneath these triggers, so you have a really fiddly irritating mechanic between you and actual platforming. It's just aggressively unfun. I could handle grinding if these two problems weren't there, but, they are, so I can't.

Although I agree with you in general (I have all the PSP retro games you mention, and they play beautifully on the Vita), the standalone Metal Slug 3 release has some additional options that make it well worth double-dipping on, even assuming you already own the anthology.

The biggest enhancement for MS3 is the ability to change the filter, with three options: smooth (the usual blurry smothing filter), scanlines, and off. If you turn the filter off, the game looks much more crisp and sharp, a big improvement IMO. There are also three screen size options, normal, large, and stretch.

The anthology has no ability turn off the smoothing filter, which is a shame, because the filter really just degrades the image IMO. Plus, the three screen size modes it offers, all look noticeably worse than the standalone MS3 game.

I was hoping SNK would port more of the Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown games (in particular) as standalones, since they really put some good effort into the MS3 one; but now that they've been bought out, I doubt that will happen.

The Metal Slug PC ports feel like craven nostalgia fishing. They start with MS3 for pity's sake and never, ever do anything past MS3. Yes, nobody likes MS4 that much, but it's certainly worth playing. I'd pick up 5 and 6 for PC, maybe 7 if they offered...

Many indie games are s0 70s to 90s there was so many amazing games but this flood of just bad nes gfx and worse gameplay is making me not even bothering keeping up with so much trash to find some gems. They better quality indies on mobile port those enjoy my opinion fanboyism will never die if it did console gaming would die off so keep it up fannies

Many indie games are s0 70s to 90s there was so many amazing games but this flood of just bad nes gfx and worse gameplay is making me not even bothering keeping up with so much trash to find some gems. They better quality indies on mobile port those enjoy my opinion fanboyism will never die if it did console gaming would die off so keep it up fannies
wut

slide[cage]rs4eva

The Metal Slug PC ports feel like craven nostalgia fishing. They start with MS3 for pity's sake and never, ever do anything past MS3. Yes, nobody likes MS4 that much, but it's certainly worth playing. I'd pick up 5 and 6 for PC, maybe 7 if they offered...
I know exactly what you mean. Nothing like the real thing. Ever thought of getting a Neo Geo console or a Neo Geo supergun? I picked up a very nice Neo Geo 1-slot MVS cabinet in great condition with Metal Slug included for $300. Its like a little slice of heaven for me.

My guess is that it's one of the following: 1) The 2nd, smaller download is a patch that is automatically downloaded separately when you download the main game. 2) The game is one of those games that is a full trial and the 2nd, smaller download is the license.
Your first reason is always the case for my download so that is mos likely the answer

So I actually picked up both Rogue Legacy and Hotline Miami. I really like the mechanics of RL but just like someone stated before the gold grind is a bother, but is a great game so far. HM is so fast paced and I need to get used to that but at the same time is why I'm enjoying it lol.

So that standard digital edition of Taken King plus vanilla and the expansions that i was referring to seems to be up on PSN.

Even though the wording doesn't seem to indicate it, apparently you can play the previously released content right now as well and the 80 version. I can't confirm.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/destiny-the-taken-king-legendary-edition/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYTHEGAME01
Isn't there supposed to be a $20 upgrade bundle to bridge the 2 versions?

For anyone who knows all this Destiny stuff, can I safely preorder this $60 version, and if I want the collector's stuff later on buy the upgrade without missing out on anything?

http://store.nisamerica.com/deadly-premonition-classified-edition

NISA is offering a Classified Edition of Deadly Premonition with art book, soundtrack, deck of playing cards, and the retail game with a voucher for all of its DLC. It's $49.99 and is out 11/24 for PS3.
Looks like I will be getting "Beyond" in this sale. I only wish 3D Dot Heroes was part of the sale. There might also be one other game I buy.

Looks good Frisky. My only complaint is the fact the soundtrack is on CD? Why don't they just offer a digital code for a FLAC file at 24/192. If that takes up too much storage, then how about a DVD instead that you put into your computer or console and it gives the option to download the FLAC file.

Sorry, but given the minimal cost now of DVD I almost cringe every time a CD is pressed. It's a waste of plastic in terms of sheer data and cost when you could just put the product on DVD, especially considering most people are listening digitally now anyway.

A DVD soundtrack? That makes no sense. No one would listen to it if you need a console or computer to use it. There are some collectors editions out there with DVD artbooks and people always bitch about those. At least with a CD soundtrack you can listen to it if you wanted to.

A DVD soundtrack? That makes no sense. No one would listen to it if you need a console or computer to use it. There are some collectors editions out there with DVD artbooks and people always bitch about those. At least with a CD soundtrack you can listen to it if you wanted to.
There's a ton of vehicles on the market that have DVD players. Hell, my 2004 has a DVD-A (not the same).

Who has just a CD player anymore?

I've got a question about the PSP.  I bought a mini SD card to Memory Stick Duo adapter from Amazon along with a 32 gb Sandisk card.  I'm planning to download as many of the PSP games that I've purchased on PSN to the mini SD card since Vita memory cards are so expensive.  I know I have to add one of my PSPs to my system list to download games to it, but will the games on the adapter work on any of my PSPs?  I wanted to add my series 2000 PSP as my main PSP to the list, but the system information on the sticker that is on the bottom of the system has rubbed off over time.  I have a series 3000 system that I bought from a Target clearance over a year ago that I can add, but I don't really want to use that system as my main system if I have a choice. 

I know I'm late to the pary but when the hell did they release Tron Bonne on psn?  I'm kicking myself right now for not knowing sooner.  Well regardless, :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee: :whee:

I've got a question about the PSP. I bought a mini SD card to Memory Stick Duo adapter from Amazon along with a 32 gb Sandisk card. I'm planning to download as many of the PSP games that I've purchased on PSN to the mini SD card since Vita memory cards are so expensive. I know I have to add one of my PSPs to my system list to download games to it, but will the games on the adapter work on any of my PSPs? I wanted to add my series 2000 PSP as my main PSP to the list, but the system information on the sticker that is on the bottom of the system has rubbed off over time. I have a series 3000 system that I bought from a Target clearance over a year ago that I can add, but I don't really want to use that system as my main system if I have a choice.
No, the games on a given Memory Stick Pro Duo are tied to a specific PSP. You can't plug them into a different PSP, with or without an adapter.

However, I think you're allowed to have up to 2 PSP on your PSN account, and two Vita's as well. It used to be up to 5 PSPs, but Sony changed that a number of years ago.

Right now I have one Vita, one PSTV, and 5 PSPS on my account, but some of the PSPS can't get purchases after like 2011.

No, the games on a given Memory Stick Pro Duo are tied to a specific PSP. You can't plug them into a different PSP, with or without an adapter.

However, I think you're allowed to have up to 2 PSP on your PSN account, and two Vita's as well. It used to be up to 5 PSPs, but Sony changed that a number of years ago.
I thought the Vita and PSP shared the two slots now? I may be wrong but regardless you do get the two at least.

I thought the Vita and PSP shared the two slots now? I may be wrong but regardless you do get the two at least.
Ya...I think they bumped it up to 3 portable systems total a few years back...I think for people that have a psp, vita, and vita tv. It's sort of confusing. I get it as an anti-file-sharing measure, but it still kind of sucks for people who legitimately have and want to use more systems (like those that have a psp, launch vita, vita slim, and vita tv....or a psp and psp go).

I was so ready to pull the trigger on Hotline Miami 2 [loved the first one], Grim Fandango [masterpiece], and Titan Souls [looks good]... but now am having severe purchase paralysis.   I don't need them.   I have a huge backlog.  I can wait for a better sale.

Think I might just get Grim Fandango, since that price is undeniably worth it.   But it's taking every ounce of will power I have not to just buy everything.

It's amazing how much energy goes into deciding whether to spend $20 on some games, when I'd drop $20 on crap I don't need at the grocery store w/o a second thought.   At least I don't have to exercise to work off Hotline Miami 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back