Psn

lordopus99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last time I played on PSN it was back when Killzone 2 came out. I have made it back on it now that I started/finished Littlebigplanet 2. The same complaints I have to date are still there... it is a CHORE to play anything online. Littlebigplanet 2 (when trying for the Dive In trophy) I constantly get "Failed to join because they are busy - please try again in a minute." This is unacceptable and plain bullshit. So far I am 0 for 3 games for PSN online working decently/playable. I don't know how most of you still defend this crap, especially when my brother told me Black Ops wasn't playable for a week or so. I am so glad I have another system I can take most of my games online with... if only Littlebigplanet had been a multi-platiform title...:cry:

I have no problems on PSN, though I definitely take issue with the way some individual game's servers are set up since you get kicked almost constantly some nights.:roll:

Back when I was way into Uncharted 2 online it worked well for me. But with Borderlands I could never get together with my friend to play. It was buggy and unplayable online. I heard LBP2 is having major online issues which is pretty unacceptable considering they had the same issues when LBP1 came out.

Is it PSN or the game makers who are at fault? I say game makers.

It's a simple fact that Live sucks. It's the worst current service out there right now and that's behind Steam which I refuse for what they did to my PC. There's no excuse to charge so much to play online when the only thing it offers over the others is ads. But it's not my money being thrown away, I'd rather spend it on games which work online out of the box.

Anyway it's not PSN, that's just LBP2. Dive in wasn't working well because it catches people at the wrong time. Pick any other level and then 'join in' and it'll work much more often. If you choose story levels though you may find a lot of refusals due to the fact it's easier to ace a level solo.

[quote name='lordopus99']Last time I played on PSN it was back when Killzone 2 came out. I have made it back on it now that I started/finished Littlebigplanet 2. The same complaints I have to date are still there... it is a CHORE to play anything online. Littlebigplanet 2 (when trying for the Dive In trophy) I constantly get "Failed to join because they are busy - please try again in a minute." This is unacceptable and plain bullshit. So far I am 0 for 3 games for PSN online working decently/playable. I don't know how most of you still defend this crap, especially when my brother told me Black Ops wasn't playable for a week or so. I am so glad I have another system I can take most of my games online with... if only Littlebigplanet had been a multi-platiform title...:cry:[/QUOTE]

Kind of weird to me. I never have any connection issues on psn. Its same as xbl for me. You sure you got your router set up right for psn? Edit: Most people are saying its Littlebigplanet 2. I played the first one online with no issues,but never played the second one.

[quote name='LottaGames']It's a simple fact that Live sucks. It's the worst current service out there right now and that's behind Steam which I refuse for what they did to my PC. There's no excuse to charge so much to play online when the only thing it offers over the others is ads. But it's not my money being thrown away, I'd rather spend it on games which work online out of the box.

Anyway it's not PSN, that's just LBP2. Dive in wasn't working well because it catches people at the wrong time. Pick any other level and then 'join in' and it'll work much more often. If you choose story levels though you may find a lot of refusals due to the fact it's easier to ace a level solo.[/QUOTE]
I used to refuse people on LBP and LBP2 only because I don't playing the game with random people, only with those from my friends list on PSN.

I've played a good amount of games on PSN and never had any connection issues. Media Molecule isn't all too experienced with online games, so I'd say just give them some time to work on a few patches.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to refuse people on LBP and LBP2 only because I don't playing the game with random people, only with those from my friends list on PSN.[/QUOTE]

It isn't the problem in my case. When I am refused, it tells me that in a different message from the one I posted.

[quote name='jman619']Kind of weird to me. I never have any connection issues on psn. Its same as xbl for me. You sure you got your router set up right for psn? Edit: Most people are saying its Littlebigplanet 2. I played the first one online with no issues,but never played the second one. [/quote]

Router is fine. My laptop works great. My Xbox, which is even further away on a different floor in my house, works just fine. My Wii, (use it for Netflix), works just fine.

[quote name='venturin']Is it PSN or the game makers who are at fault? I say game makers. [/quote]

It could be since it sounds like others have the same issue with LBP 1/2. You would think this being a first party exclusive that it would be better.

[quote name='lottagames']It's a simple fact that Live sucks. It's the worst current service out there right now and that's behind Steam which I refuse for what they did to my PC. There's no excuse to charge so much to play online when the only thing it offers over the others is ads. But it's not my money being thrown away, I'd rather spend it on games which work online out of the box.[/quote]

I didn't start this thread to have Live vs PSN thread. It was more of a frustration thread as I try time and time again to use my Playstation for more than a Blu-ray player. It is constantly disappointing me when it comes to onine modes on any of the games I have tried (I never tried Uncharted 2 online), which leads to discourage me from playing other games on it.

As for Live, my $30 is worth it for this...
1) Reliable service - my games ALWAYS WORK ONLINE. They NEVER go dark like Black Ops did, Modern Warfare 2 did, etc. I don't have issues like I have with LBP.
2) Chatting - Party chat, hell the fact that people actually will talk on the service. I think I have only heard a voice here or there over the countless number of games I played of LBP 1/2.
3) Better Matchmaking
4) Larger User Base

If Playstation offered something similiar, I would invest but they don't; Plus is nothing like Live.

My games never go dark either and I play everything multi on ps3 over 360. I'm not big on chatting so that doesn't really bother me at all. I rather hear nothing as people complaining over a headset or talking trash. Larger user base? Man there is tons of people playing games online even old fighters when I play. I don't feel live is worth paying for. I rather use psn for free since it works the same for me.

Works fine for me. Once in awhile I'll get an error, but it's never more than a very slight inconvenience.

And Live is the same as PSN to me except it has party chat as you mentioned. Not worth paying for IMO. Live does have issues as well, and the argument that more people use mics on Live but not PSN is no longer accurate anymore based off my experiences.

[quote name='lordopus99']It isn't the problem in my case. When I am refused, it tells me that in a different message from the one I posted.

Router is fine. My laptop works great. My Xbox, which is even further away on a different floor in my house, works just fine. My Wii, (use it for Netflix), works just fine.

It could be since it sounds like others have the same issue with LBP 1/2. You would think this being a first party exclusive that it would be better.

I didn't start this thread to have Live vs PSN thread. It was more of a frustration thread as I try time and time again to use my Playstation for more than a Blu-ray player. It is constantly disappointing me when it comes to onine modes on any of the games I have tried (I never tried Uncharted 2 online), which leads to discourage me from playing other games on it.

As for Live, my $30 is worth it for this...
1) Reliable service - my games ALWAYS WORK ONLINE. They NEVER go dark like Black Ops did, Modern Warfare 2 did, etc. I don't have issues like I have with LBP.
2) Chatting - Party chat, hell the fact that people actually will talk on the service. I think I have only heard a voice here or there over the countless number of games I played of LBP 1/2.
3) Better Matchmaking
4) Larger User Base

If Playstation offered something similiar, I would invest but they don't; Plus is nothing like Live.[/QUOTE]

All meaningless here....what NAT does it say you are? Go and test out your internet connection settings and post here what it says you are. My guess would be NAT3 - which will imply restrictions on your end and you will have issues with games. Just because your 360 and laptop works great is meaningless. PSN will probably go a different route and utilize different protocols/ports than either one of those. Your comparison is like me stating that the Patriots could be the Lakers in hockey.

Black Ops is/was a problem with the game, not the PSN. I guess since you are having problems and hundreds of thousands are not that it must be a PSN issue - that is always how my logic works.

Ever thought maybe there is some issue between your provider and the PSN. God knows you do not have an OC-3 pipe directly to the PSN.

Again, please post your NAT type after you check your connection.

You sorta did and I told you why you were wrong. You knock PSN when you clearly don't know how to use it, or use it much at all. Funny that you try to use CoD as an excuse because that's an all around awful game anyway. Ever try playing something that isn't buggy or doesn't suck? LBP2 is great but you just happened to choose the feature least likely to get a connection.

Nah plus isn't worth it since you don't keep the content when you quit. Just the free PSN is all you need to squish Live flat.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to refuse people on LBP and LBP2 only because I don't playing the game with random people, only with those from my friends list on PSN.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't against playing with random people. I refused them out of courtesy when I was playing a single player community level or when I was acing the levels and didn't need to be disturbed. It would be cool if they added the option to 'stay hidden' when playing that way so the whiners don't get the idea the game doesn't work. Anyone not hidden is waiting for players.

[quote name='whoknows']Live does have issues as well, and the argument that more people use mics on Live but not PSN is no longer accurate anymore based off my experiences.[/QUOTE]

I love when they use this excuse. I say less chat is better. They're paying $50 to hear a ton of 5 year old's flaming each other and call that better than PSN? Where the hell did they leave their brain? Live is like being in a classroom full of kids with cellphones. That's a BIG pass. Besides too much chatter prevents you from hearing important cues in a game.

If I want to chat when just playing with friends then it works perfectly.

There are definitely annoying people on PSN as well, which is why I usually mute everyone, but my point is that Live seems to have much less people talking than it used to. Last time I played Reach I set my preferences so I would get into games with people talking since I was in the mood for it, but not one person was talking in any of the games I was playing.

Reason for this of course is all 360's used to come with mics, but that is no longer the case.

[quote name='LottaGames']I love when they use this excuse. I say less chat is better. They're paying $50 to hear a ton of 5 year old's flaming each other and call that better than PSN? Where the hell did they leave their brain? Live is like being in a classroom full of kids with cellphones. That's a BIG pass. Besides too much chatter prevents you from hearing important cues in a game.

If I want to chat when just playing with friends then it works perfectly.[/QUOTE]
:applause: I cant even tell you how many times I've had my eardrums rattled by someone screaming into their headset or someone blasting their music at ear bleeding levels.:whistle2:# Not to mention the kids who think saying the N word every other word is 'cool'. I actually have no problem with people using the word, except for when it's used as a noun, adjective and pronoun in the same sentence.:roll:

Thank God for the volume wheel and mute button on my headset.

And this was on PSN.

Two of the most complained about things, namely downloading and then installing stuff and the game/system patch size/time, are actually part of patent holdings by Microsoft in the console realm.

That isn't to say that Sony couldn't and shouldn't further develop those and make them more end-user friendly but rather that if they do it too much like Microsoft then Microsoft will likely sue sighting patent holdings.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause: I cant even tell you how many times I've had my eardrums rattled by someone screaming into their headset or someone blasting their music at ear bleeding levels.:whistle2:# Not to mention the kids who think saying the N word every other word is 'cool'. I actually have no problem with people using the word, except for when it's used as a noun, adjective and pronoun in the same sentence.:roll:

And this was on PSN.[/QUOTE]

I hate hearing that shit through my TV when I'm playing online. I usually turn on my mic, hit the mute button and just set it aside so I don't have to listen to any of those morons.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Two of the most complained about things, namely downloading and then installing stuff and the game/system patch size/time, are actually part of patent holdings by Microsoft in the console realm.

That isn't to say that Sony couldn't and shouldn't further develop those and make them more end-user friendly but rather that if they do it too much like Microsoft then Microsoft will likely sue sighting patent holdings.[/QUOTE]
You mean like happened here, where MS owns part of a company called Immersion and due to Sony's own stubborn stance they basically paid MS a portion of their final settlement because of that ownership stake:lol:: http://www.joystiq.com/2004/09/24/sony-loses-dual-shock-court-battle/

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause: I cant even tell you how many times I've had my eardrums rattled by someone screaming into their headset or someone blasting their music at ear bleeding levels.:whistle2:# Not to mention the kids who think saying the N word every other word is 'cool'. I actually have no problem with people using the word, except for when it's used as a noun, adjective and pronoun in the same sentence.:roll:

I've dealt with music in the background too. Oh and during the KZ3 beta someone was watching American Dad. There's really no need for chat unless you're playing a clan game.

Stupid kids. PSN though? That I haven't seen, however I don't frequent the FPS's where they appear most often.

I play a LOT of GTA IV and the GTA IV Episodes and there's a ton of people doing all of the things I mentioned above on PSN in those games.

Not to mention that in other PSN games(such as Uncharted 2) you routinely get paired up against vets who can pick you off from across the screen.:roll: They really need a better matchmaking system in some games.:bomb:

[quote name='jmbreci']Again, please post your NAT type after you check your connection.[/QUOTE]

According to the PS3 settings, NAT2.

[quote name='whoknows']...but my point is that Live seems to have much less people talking than it used to. Last time I played Reach I set my preferences so I would get into games with people talking since I was in the mood for it, but not one person was talking in any of the games I was playing.[/quote]

Party chat is part of that reason. There are lot more people hanging in party chat during games now.

[quote name='LottaGames']They're paying $50 to hear a ton of 5 year old's flaming each other and call that better than PSN? Where the hell did they leave their brain? Live is like being in a classroom full of kids with cellphones. That's a BIG pass. Besides too much chatter prevents you from hearing important cues in a game.[/quote]

Must be the games you are playing. I haven't heard any of that since last gen. The only negative mic stuff I have heard is the occasional feedback from someone blasting their TV while playing. I haven't ran into kid flame wars/N this and that since Halo 2 on Xbox 1. Check my gamertag and you will see I have played plenty of games on Xbox Live.

As for "important cues", what do you mean? Single player? If single player, I would never play single player games online with randoms until I have already finished it myself.

I just mute players that annoy me. Especially ones that DONT talk, yet you can here every conversation and screaming baby in the backround. The other day I was playing GT5 with some randoms and all I hear is a baby crying on the top of his lungs in the backround and then some guy SLAMS something in front of him or around him and yells WOULD YOU STFU I JUST FED YOU!!!!!

That made me cringe so the first chance I get to mute people I hit that button right away.

[quote name='lordopus99']
Party chat is part of that reason. There are lot more people hanging in party chat during games now. [/QUOTE]

Makes sense. I usually only chat when I'm playing with friends, so it's never a big deal for me, was just kind of disappointing.

in the time ive been playing on psn ive only heard people using the n word maybe once or twice. the most you get are dumb fuck kids in need of attention talking nonstop or dumb chicks looking to get attention from guys desperate to talk to anything with tits.

as far as psn issues the main game i always had issues with was gta4. u2 has issues every so often but not to the point of it being an annoyance or hindering you from enjoying your games.

the ops post comes off like flame bait but this late in the game its good to see everyone is just like meh. if you dont like psn then stick with live.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I just mute players that annoy me. Especially ones that DONT talk, yet you can here every conversation and screaming baby in the backround. The other day I was playing GT5 with some randoms and all I hear is a baby crying on the top of his lungs in the backround and then some guy SLAMS something in front of him or around him and yells WOULD YOU STFU I JUST FED YOU!!!!!

That made me cringe so the first chance I get to mute people I hit that button right away.[/QUOTE]

that is some fucked up shit and ive run into that more times than id like to. its kinda sad that people put games before their kids like that.

This guy is one of those idiots who have no idea what their doing, and immediately blame it on everything else instead of first trying to figure out if the problem is on their end. Simple as that.

[quote name='lude21']This guy is one of those idiots who have no idea what their doing, and immediately blame it on everything else instead of first trying to figure out if the problem is on their end. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Please explain then what I am doing wrong instead of being non-helpful and trying to trash me. :applause:

[quote name='lokizz']the ops post comes off like flame bait but this late in the game its good to see everyone is just like meh. if you dont like psn then stick with live. [/quote]

It is not flame bait. There have been plenty of threads on PSN vs Live. No reason for another. It was a frustration thread about not getting to play Littlebigplanet 2 online with others in community levels.

[quote name='lude21']This guy is one of those idiots who have no idea what their doing, and immediately blame it on everything else instead of first trying to figure out if the problem is on their end. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

Simmer bro, it's ok. Connections on PSN can be spotty at times. I know like once a week I gotta reset the playstation because one in every 6 rooms in GT5 will tell me that "You can't join this room, wait a minute" Lol, that always cracks me up. But a simple restart sets everything straight. Me personally, I hate being booted out of a race or lobby for no reason other than the host being an asshole, but thats with any multi-player game.

I also think some of these connection problems are host related as well, everyone has a different router, modem and an ISP. So something is bound to have a hick up.

I find it hard to find a online free roam in RDR. I mean, I love the single player but have a hard time having fun with multi because it seems so empty. Am I playing on the wrong day or time. Is it that more ppl are playing on LIVE than PSN. I wish I knew.

[quote name='maguszxz']I find it hard to find a online free roam in RDR. I mean, I love the single player but have a hard time having fun with multi because it seems so empty. Am I playing on the wrong day or time. Is it that more ppl are playing on LIVE than PSN. I wish I knew.[/QUOTE]

if anything most people are either not playing it anymore or are spending time on the zombie dlc mp. damn shame if its because people arent playing i always thought rdr would be popular for a long while but then i thought the mp experience would be better.

its hard to find people on mp for gta4 too.

[quote name='lordopus99']It is not flame bait. There have been plenty of threads on PSN vs Live. No reason for another. It was a frustration thread about not getting to play Littlebigplanet 2 online with others in community levels.[/QUOTE]

Again it sounded like you wanted to steer it in that direction. But your side lost most of its support when you said the only games you tried were CoD (remember, horrible games) and the ONE mode in LBP that didn't seem to work well for anyone. Now I'll admit I don't play online all the time. With my backlog I've only time to complete the main game and maybe dabble online a short while before starting the next game. There are some games that keep me playing online longer and through all the years with PSN have not had any major problems. Couple beta programs, Modnat Racers, Poker, NFS Hot Pursuit (actually turned out to be a great game), Burnout Paradise, both LBP's, and others. Most people say CoD is buggy and I've never played the series.

[quote name='LottaGames']Again it sounded like you wanted to steer it in that direction. But your side lost most of its support when you said the only games you tried were CoD (remember, horrible games) and the ONE mode in LBP that didn't seem to work well for anyone. Now I'll admit I don't play online all the time. With my backlog I've only time to complete the main game and maybe dabble online a short while before starting the next game. There are some games that keep me playing online longer and through all the years with PSN have not had any major problems. Couple beta programs, Modnat Racers, Poker, NFS Hot Pursuit (actually turned out to be a great game), Burnout Paradise, both LBP's, and others. Most people say CoD is buggy and I've never played the series.[/QUOTE]

I have never tried the CoD games on Playstation. It is what I have read as well as heard from my brother, who plays them on his PS3. Multiplatiform games I will always play on Xbox. The games I have tried are Killzone 2 (huge lag issues at the time near launch), Littlebigplanet 1 (big lag issues when a 3rd to 4th person enters the game), and Littlebigplanet 2 (now connection issues in community levels and the same lag issue when there is more than 2 players in). Those are the only three games I have taken online on Playstation.

Again, this thread was never intended to have sides. If I wanted it to be that type of thread, I wouldn't have posted in the PS3 section. I posted my frustration thread to see if A) someone had a similiar problem and B) to get it off my chest. After doing some research (via google) I have found that plenty of people are experiencing the same issues I have with the games I mentioned in the first paragraph so I guess this point until (*cross my fingers*) a patch for LBP2 I am either wasting 10-20 minutes to get in one match or I am shit out of luck.

psn really is the worst online service I've ever used. Countless connection problems, waiting for game lobbies to show up, no party chat. Hell, a couple weeks ago I re-bought Uncharted 2 and was going to play co-op with a friend, and I had to wait about 20 minutes for...something to update when I clicked multiplayer. It wasn't a typical game update where it takes you to that black screen, it was still on the Uncharted 2 screen.

Live may cost money and it probably shouldn't, but it is infintely better in every conceivable way than PSN. Steam is >>> all though.

[quote name='maguszxz']I find it hard to find a online free roam in RDR. I mean, I love the single player but have a hard time having fun with multi because it seems so empty. Am I playing on the wrong day or time. Is it that more ppl are playing on LIVE than PSN. I wish I knew.[/QUOTE]
I have RDR again, so I'll likely be playing it every so often. If you want to add me, I'm on PSN as CheapestGamer. I only play the Friendly Fire OFF free roam they added recently, since otherwise you have to deal with people coming from across the map just to kill you. Unfortunately the only fun part about the original RDR is getting a wanted level and fighting off the sheriffs and/or federales. Otherwise the game world is pretty dead and there's no way to tweak those settings unlike in GTA4/Episodes.:roll:
[quote name='lokizz']if anything most people are either not playing it anymore or are spending time on the zombie dlc mp. damn shame if its because people arent playing i always thought rdr would be popular for a long while but then i thought the mp experience would be better.

its hard to find people on mp for gta4 too.[/QUOTE]
As I said above, I would be playing the free roam in RDR more if there was more to do. But Rockstar made NO option in the initial settings for setting up a free roam game to tweak the level of NPC's in the game like they did in GTA4/Episodes.

As for GTA4, I still find a ton of random people coming into games I make, though they usually leave once they see friendly fire is off.;)

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Live may cost money and it probably shouldn't, but it is infintely better in every conceivable way than PSN. Steam is >>> all though.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be more wrong. But I can't expect everyone to have the same experience and large collection I do.

I can't complain about free online gaming. I'll start bitching when I start paying, until then I keep my mouth shut because I'm grateful for what I have.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I can't complain about free online gaming. I'll start bitching when I start paying, until then I keep my mouth shut because I'm grateful for what I have.[/QUOTE]

Just because it's free doesn't mean you don't have a right to complain about an inferior service. I understand it's sony's first online system, and compared to xbox live on the first xbox it's way better, but that doesn't mean anything when 360 is currently delivering a much superior service.

An example of them just being outright lazy is that they still don't have party chat, or even cross game chat in 2011. A simple but useful feature that 360 had from day 1 and expanded in 2008, Sony has sat on their ass and ignored. It wouldn't be as bad if they had spent that time making psn a faster and better service, but they didn't.

It's not a huge surprise though. For most of the last 5 years I've been in awe at how poorly Sony is running their gaming division.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Just because it's free doesn't mean you don't have a right to complain about an inferior service. I understand it's sony's first online system, and compared to xbox live on the first xbox it's way better, but that doesn't mean anything when 360 is currently delivering a much superior service.

An example of them just being outright lazy is that they still don't have party chat, or even cross game chat in 2011. A simple but useful feature that 360 had from day 1 and expanded in 2008, Sony has sat on their ass and ignored. It wouldn't be as bad if they had spent that time making psn a faster and better service, but they didn't.

It's not a huge surprise though. For most of the last 5 years I've been in awe at how poorly Sony is running their gaming division.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's not that Sony is 'lazy' but that MS owns a patent on those functions and as such they don't wanna have to pay them another so many million like they ended up doing with the rumbling controller lawsuit. They waited far too long, MS settled in the meantime and ended up owning a stake in Immersion and when Sony finally did settle up with them they inadvertantly paid MS a portion of their settlement by proxy.

It's like in game custom soundtracks, MS owns a patent on that as well, so if Sony wanted it in any of their games then they have to leave it up to the individual developers to code into their games.

It's not the end of the world if you can't voice chat with your friends who are off playing another game.:roll: I'd prefer if Sony worked on making the XMB load in faster both in general and while in a game, since I can't tell you how many times I get annihilated while waiting to write a friend a message and groaning at how slowly Sony's PS3 loads into the menus while in game. Instead of focusing on BR and HD they should've really focused on making sure their console has enough memory to run every process that it might be asked to run during a typical gaming session.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87'] I understand it's sony's first online system,... [/QUOTE]

They had online for PS2 so this is round 2.

[quote name='lordopus99']They had online for PS2 so this is round 2.[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy 11 doesn't count. Considering it was the only online game they had. And it sucked. BALLZZZZ!!!

Other than slow download speeds (which seems to be improving as of late) I'm happy with Sony's free online service. I've never really had a problem actually playing any game over PSN, PS3 purchased in Dec of 2008. Burnout Paradise, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Ghostbusters, Saint's Row 2, Warhawk are games I can think of off the top of my head that I've played online and had anything but minor issues.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Final Fantasy 11 doesn't count. Considering it was the only online game they had. And it sucked. BALLZZZZ!!![/QUOTE]
That's not correct at all. I remember Socom was my first PS2 online game and it came with a headset for chat and it was before XBOX. I also remember it being really fun and working well. I still have my original Socom headset and it works with PS3 and can be used as an extra mic in rockband or whatever.

[quote name='tmacairjordan87']Just because it's free doesn't mean you don't have a right to complain about an inferior service. I understand it's sony's first online system, and compared to xbox live on the first xbox it's way better, but that doesn't mean anything when 360 is currently delivering a much superior service.

It's not a huge surprise though. For most of the last 5 years I've been in awe at how poorly Sony is running their gaming division.[/QUOTE]

What makes Live a superior service aside from having private/party chat? I haven't seen anything else it has that PSN doesn't.

Thank god some people can see how minuscule the difference is between PSN and XBL. If you want actually good online service, you wouldn't be playing your games on a console anyways.

I'd argue the only reason some people have such shitty connection on PSN is because so many are taking advantage of the wireless.

[quote name='whoknows']What makes Live a superior service aside from having private/party chat? I haven't seen anything else it has that PSN doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Even if party chat was the only thing it did better, some of you don't seem to understand just how big a deal that is. Some of you come off as it's no big deal, when it's pretty much the difference between buying a ps3 or 360 to anyone who has friends.

But a more stable and faster connection is another thing Live does better. There's also not as much downtime, whether it's maintenance or who knows what Sony is doing when they take it down almost every month.

bread's done
Back