PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I'm doing a terrible job at not buying stuff. But I like buying stuff!

At least it's a game that I can have going as kind of a secondary game. Play it when I don't have much gaming time, or when I don't feel like starting something new. Plus I want to see what it looks like on PS4.

Ugh, I thought about finally finishing up UC1 for my 20th platinum, but because I beat it on normal and also didn't get all the treasures, I would have to do 2 more playthroughs, beat it on hard (collecting all the treasures on that playthrough) THEN play it again on crushing because it only unlocks crushing difficulty after beating hard. . :wall:

Ugh, I thought about finally finishing up UC1 for my 20th platinum, but because I beat it on normal and also didn't get all the treasures, I would have to do 2 more playthroughs, beat it on hard (collecting all the treasures on that playthrough) THEN play it again on crushing because it only unlocks crushing difficulty after beating hard. . :wall:
Suck it up and do the playthroughs. :shame:

Last edited by a moderator:
That sale has a few of the dinky little games I want to buy on sale finally.  Woohoo!

Age of Zombies $2

King Oddball $3.50 (should be cross buy)

Table Top Racing $4.79 (still kinda pricey)

Hopefully a few more show up in the coming weeks (Rotating Octopus, Bentley's Hackpack, Floating Cloud God, Jacob Jones, Total Recoil, etc)

Is House of Cards something that requires you to care about politics to like. I've watched both seasons, but I just don't get the hype. It's not bad, but it wasn't really something that held my interest
k-spacey.gif

That sale has a few of the dinky little games I want to buy on sale finally. Woohoo!

Age of Zombies $2

King Oddball $3.50 (should be cross buy)

Table Top Racing $4.79 (still kinda pricey)

Hopefully a few more show up in the coming weeks (Rotating Octopus, Bentley's Hackpack, Floating Cloud God, Jacob Jones, Total Recoil, etc)
Age of Zombies was the first free plus game we got when the service started. It was awesome!

Table Top Racing looks intriguing. I loved Micro Machines back in the day. Thanks a lot asshole.

As much as I hate to admit it, im with therm on season 2 of of HofC.

S1 was fantastic, but season 2 dragged an awful lot, mostly in the middle of the season, and just wasnt as good. Hopefully s3 will be better.

WHAT? I enjoyed S2 even more than S1, though I didn't think that was even possible. What did they screw up?
Everything related to Spacey's assistant guy. Doug Stamper, I think? He did nothing all season but get himself more and more fucked up with that girl. It was kind of annoying since he was pretty good in s1.

Also for anyone playing destiny still, if you have thorn or get the chance to get it, its quite good now with the faster reload and the 9 shot magazine size now.

Used it some last night, really good now. 

Is House of Cards something that requires you to care about politics to like. I've watched both seasons, but I just don't get the hype. It's not bad, but it wasn't really something that held my interest
I don't really care about politics when it comes to political issues (abortion, gun laws, health care, etc.) but after watching House of Cards I found that I love good stories told about politicians (campaigning, structure of our political system, influence, power, etc).

So I'd say an interest in the political structure of the US would probably help improve your enjoyment of the show. I know I ended up watching all 150 episodes of West Wing earlier this year and loved that as well.

S1 was fantastic, but season 2 dragged an awful lot, mostly in the middle of the season, and just wasnt as good. Hopefully s3 will be better.
I will say that I enjoyed parts of season 1. I didn't really get into s2 at all though

Everything related to Spacey's assistant guy. Doug Stamper, I think? He did nothing all season but get himself more and more fucked up with that girl. It was kind of annoying since he was pretty good in s1.
Yea and really at this point that whole plot line is pretty far removed from what else is happening.

Maybe they will tie it back in better in s3, but just felt like that part of the show was kept around to use later for the purpose of ending the show?

I don't really care about politics when it comes to political issues (abortion, gun laws, health care, etc.) but after watching House of Cards I found that I love good stories told about politicians (campaigning, structure of our political system, influence, power, etc).

So I'd say an interest in the political structure of the US would probably help improve your enjoyment of the show. I know I ended up watching all 150 episodes of West Wing earlier this year and loved that as well.
My fiancee tried getting me to watch West Wing and I couldn't get into that either. I think my apathy towards politics is probably what is stopping me from enjoying them. Love Kevin Spacey and Marin Sheen, but just can't get into the subject matter

S1 had the annoying news girl, though. I was pretty happy when that situation got resolved (and how!), but then s2 just replaced that bad character by turning Doug into a bad character.

Ended up buying Dustforce. Enjoyed the little I played on Steam, but I sucked on the keyboard. Excited to try with real controls. Happy to support platforming indies, even if it comes with a fresh slap to the face.

Age of Zombies was the first free plus game we got when the service started. It was awesome!

Table Top Racing looks intriguing. I loved Micro Machines back in the day. Thanks a lot asshole.
Yeah this is the "HD" Vita version of Age of Zombies with Trophies. I never played the original Mini, I wasn't part of Plus for about the first year so I don't think I got it.

And yeah, some of these dinky games look like they could be fun. That's why I write them down on my spreadsheet every week, otherwise I would totally forget about them since they get such little fanfare.

S1 had the annoying news girl, though. I was pretty happy when that situation got resolved (and how!), but then s2 just replaced that bad character by turning Doug into a bad character.
The journalist was one of the aspects I actually really enjoyed about the show. That's part of why s2 went so downhill for me

My fiancee tried getting me to watch West Wing and I couldn't get into that either. I think my apathy towards politics is probably what is stopping me from enjoying them. Love Kevin Spacey and Marin Sheen, but just can't get into the subject matter
West wing you would need to like political stuff more I think, but I loved the show, aside from the actual politics espoused by the show since it was a democrat ran white house being portrayed. They did a decent job of staying more middle leaning for the most part though.

Yeah this is the "HD" Vita version of Age of Zombies with Trophies. I never played the original Mini, I wasn't part of Plus for about the first year so I don't think I got it.

And yeah, some of these dinky games look like they could be fun. That's why I write them down on my spreadsheet every week, otherwise I would totally forget about them since they get such little fanfare.
I used to put games in a sheet too. Then I got too many games and stopped bothering. I still get reminded a lot of games like I just did by you. Thats enough.

I didnt realize these versions you mentioned were for VIta. I cant buy TT Racing now. WHEW!

I would love to play an HD version of Age of Zombies for trophies though. I should find a Sony TV somewhere and use that. It plays Vita games right?

Ugh, Stamper!!!

My favorite fucking character of all and he fucking self-destructs all season long. As much as I hated to watch it, I can't say the storyline was bad at all. It worked just fine for me, though I can see that you guys maybe thought it took up a bit too much screen time. But you do realize that Rachel still knows enough to ruin everything for Pres. Underwood

WW was great but had some casting issues. Apparently Aaron Sorkin sucks at planning things out, so they'd bring on great characters and then the actors would be left hanging as to whether they were supposed to show back up and so they'd go get other jobs. He actually made a comment about how every episode was late and over budget.

Rob Lowe leaving hurt the show quite a bit, so the mid-to-late part of the series got a lot weaker. Jimmy Smits dragged things down a bit at the end, but Alan Alda was great. Overall the cast was pretty amazing and it was consistently disappointing that people would show up and then disappear a few episodes later.

Ended up buying Dustforce. Enjoyed the little I played on Steam, but I sucked on the keyboard. Excited to try with real controls. Happy to support platforming indies, even if it comes with a fresh slap to the face.
Fire it up. Some levels were reported with framerate issues, especially ones with busier screens. Let us know how it is. I've got it on Steam (and I have a controller) so I don't need to get it on Vita, but am pretty tempted.

The journalist was one of the aspects I actually really enjoyed about the show. That's part of why s2 went so downhill for me
Everyone hated her but I really didn't mind her in the least.

The two things people griped the most about in S1 were here and Kevin Spacey talking to the camera too much. They did a great job of cutting down on that in S2 and did a shockingly awesome job of getting rid of the journalist as well. One of the most surprising death scenes I've ever seen in a TV show or movie

Ugh, Stamper!!!

My favorite fucking character of all and he fucking self-destructs all season long. As much as I hated to watch it, I can't say the storyline was bad at all. It worked just fine for me, though I can see that you guys maybe thought it took up a bit too much screen time. But you do realize that Rachel still knows enough to ruin everything for Pres. Underwood
Yeah, I completely get why they left things as they did with Rachel, as well as why Jimmi Simpson's character was handled the way he was (BTW I'm a big fan of JS--he's great in everything I've seen him in.) It just sucks that they destroyed Doug's character to set that stuff up.

I think that's one of the reasons I liked Spartacus so much, it was pretty evenly split between the gladiators' antics and their master's plotting to improve his status in society and gain political power.

West wing you would need to like political stuff more I think, but I loved the show, aside from the actual politics espoused by the show since it was a democrat ran white house being portrayed. They did a decent job of staying more middle leaning for the most part though.
For as liberal as Sorkin seems to be, I was pleasantly surprised with how little preaching there was in West Wing. I mean, there was definitely some, but it could have been way way worse. It was a very moderately-leaning Democratic White House.

It's odd how it seems like every political show is about Democrats. Maybe Republicans are just super boring.

I used to put games in a sheet too. Then I got too many games and stopped bothering. I still get reminded a lot of games like I just did by you. Thats enough.

I didnt realize these versions you mentioned were for VIta. I cant buy TT Racing now. WHEW!

I would love to play an HD version of Age of Zombies for trophies though. I should find a Sony TV somewhere and use that. It plays Vita games right?
You don't have a Vita? What the fuck is wrong with you? No wonder your wife is leaving you.

BTW, one thing I very much disliked about West Wing, and Sorkin's other stuff that I've seen, is the episodic nature of so many of the things they address. Tons of episodes have a "We need to fix this! This needs to be changed!" kind of feel and then the episode ends and the subject is never brought up again. I get that they were going for the idea of different crap happening all the time, but it ended up feeling like they didn't really succeed with anything so much as declare an intent to do something and then have it drop off the radar.

Though that's probably a more realistic approach to anything involving politics, now that I think about it.

WW was great but had some casting issues. Apparently Aaron Sorkin sucks at planning things out, so they'd bring on great characters and then the actors would be left hanging as to whether they were supposed to show back up and so they'd go get other jobs. He actually made a comment about how every episode was late and over budget.

Rob Lowe leaving hurt the show quite a bit, so the mid-to-late part of the series got a lot weaker. Jimmy Smits dragged things down a bit at the end, but Alan Alda was great. Overall the cast was pretty amazing and it was consistently disappointing that people would show up and then disappear a few episodes later.
Man you're right on with that casting comment. They'd introduce awesome characters and then they'd fucking disappear! It was a total tease! And yet they kept fucking Marie Lousie Parker on til the very fucking end basically. God her acting is so rigid!

Rob Lowe leaving definitely hurt. In an AMA someone asked him if would come back to a revamped West Wing series as president and he said he would if Sorkin was behind it. That would be so awesome! Pres. Bartlett made a few comments about Lowe's character one day being President as well.

I didn't have any issues with Smits. While the last season wasn't my favorite, I thought it was cool they had the balls to kind of turn the series on it's head and have it focus on new characters. Alda was great for sure.

I have my issues with West Wing (the president's daughter being kidnapped and resolving so limply and Allison Janney being made chief of staff were both egregious issues for me) but overall it was a great show. I definitely binged the shit out of it!

For as liberal as Sorkin seems to be, I was pleasantly surprised with how little preaching there was in West Wing. I mean, there was definitely some, but it could have been way way worse. It was a very moderately-leaning Democratic White House.

It's odd how it seems like every political show is about Democrats. Maybe Republicans are just super boring.
Newsroom's main character is Republican. Not sure if that should be classed political or not, though. Ainsley on WW was Republican and she was handled great.

Aren't a lot of people in the movie/television industry Democrats? I'm thinking that's the majority. I could be wrong.

I think a show about Republicans would be hard to maintain interest in. A lot of Republican policies would be pretty hard to justify with straight writing. You'd almost have to make the show be a comedy about a group of assholes for it to be at all likable.

I'm not saying I wouldn't try it. I had no Spelunky experience before the Daily Challenges and I think I did pretty well for a novice.
I was not implying you wouldn't play. I meant that the others that hope to beat you at a competition would be more likely to pick a style you are not used to.

Well I think we could just do Final Horizon blindly. Feels like the only game that would fit at all. Maybe I'll put up a poll and go with whatever people vote for.
I assumed it was another 13 trophy list, but that thing has brought the quantity! I'd be down, though Im not the best at tower defense.

Or pinball tourney...............?

I just got an email with this subject: "You'll want this offer: $50 PS Store Code"

Thought it was my $50 credit for buying a Vita early. Nope. Just another PSN credit card offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

You dont watch Scandal.

TL:DR for scandal is the white republican president is having a long on going affair with his black former campaign manager turned high power attorny/fixer.

I'm kind of with you. I watched the first season and just haven't motivated myself to do the second one yet. I think my biggest gripe is how easily manipulated everyone is by Kevin Spacey. The president and that hispanic looking woman seem to be especially oblivious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back