PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after speaking with Newegg customer support, apparently it should've already shipped by now and I have to contact them later today to file a claim. 3-5 business days for that, then 1-2 days for shipping. I have to get this thing before Christmas now that I've swapped my kid's PS3 Christmas games for PS4 versions, so hopefully that's all the time it takes.. Why me?!  :headache:

I know those extremely cold temperatures have to be tough, but you guys seriously don't want to face the wrath of a South Ga summer. I used to do construction work right on through it. Humidity so high it feels like you can barely breathe at times. It's absolutely terrible.
Chicago is actually pretty humid although not to FL or GA levels. The rest of the Midwest is relatively dry though. I think the humidity makes the cold and hot worse.

The cold temps don't bother me that much. The wind is what I can't take when it is cold. The humidity and wind in Chicago makes the winters there brutal.

Chicago is actually pretty humid although not to FL or GA levels. The rest of the Midwest is relatively dry though. I think the humidity makes the cold and hot worse.

The cold temps don't bother me that much. The wind is what I can't take when it is cold. The humidity and wind in Chicago makes the winters there brutal.
Yeah from what I've read humidity makes both extremes feel worse than they actually are.

I love cold weather as well as long as the wind isn't blowing, but probably just because we don't see it very much down here. Like I said yesterday(?) it's a welcome change for me each year.

Last edited by a moderator:

On another note, I love how my house smells now since putting in the tree last night. :D
We got our tree over the weekend. Last couple years we just bought it in a gas station parking lot because there aren't many places nearby. Cheap and easy (even if it didn't look all that great). This year since my son is 2 and a little more involved in everything, we went to one of those farms where you cut it down yourself. fuck that man. Cutting down your own tree is lame. It's not especially hard, but it's not super easy, either. Then you gotta drag it back to your car and tie it on yourself. I'm not a boy scout, I don't know the best way to tie this fucking tree to my roof. I thought for sure it was gonna fly off on the highway and kill some people. But nah, we made it. Definitely missed the gas station trees, though.

Check your pms guys
Thanks again! You are officially the most awesome person in this thread!

As a Floridian I can deal with cold surprisingly well.  And hate the god awful summer heat.

I went to New York for a few days in January a few years ago.  One day it was 7 degrees with a windchill of 0.  Since I didnt own any real coats I just wore my suit and that was it.  The New Yorkers didnt know I was from Florida until I opened my mouth and they were shocked.  Thankfully I wasnt outside long, it was just going in and out of a few buildings.

It was actually the first (and only) time I had actually seen snow falling in person.

We got our tree over the weekend. Last couple years we just bought it in a gas station parking lot because there aren't many places nearby. Cheap and easy (even if it didn't look all that great). This year since my son is 2 and a little more involved in everything, we went to one of those farms where you cut it down yourself. fuck that man. Cutting down your own tree is lame. It's not especially hard, but it's not super easy, either. Then you gotta drag it back to your car and tie it on yourself. I'm not a boy scout, I don't know the best way to tie this fucking tree to my roof. I thought for sure it was gonna fly off on the highway and kill some people. But nah, we made it. Definitely missed the gas station trees, though.

Thanks again! You are officially the most awesome person in this thread!
That sounds like fun, nothing like that over here.

I was surprised at how cheap the trees were this year. Normally we get a little 2 footer for like $20 and this year we got a tree taller than me (so it has to be 6 feet I think?) for $19.99, score!

I need to go buy more ornaments though because right now it looks really empty (since you know our trees before were tiny compared to this thing)

And an extra thing of colored lights.

And you're welcome :)

I don't really have any advice, but I will say that in my experience mattress salesmen are pushy as fuck. Way worse than any car dealers I've ever interacted with.
They're business model makes no sense to me. How often in your life do you need a new mattress? Once? Twice? Yet they're doing non stop TV advertising and always running some 'discount'.

They're business model makes no sense to me. How often in your life do you need a new mattress? Once? Twice? Yet they're doing non stop TV advertising and always running some 'discount'.
Those non-stop ads are trying to convince you that you need a new one and that your current one is uncomfortable. Makes perfect sense to me.

That sounds like fun, nothing like that over here.

I was surprised at how cheap the trees were this year. Normally we get a little 2 footer for like $20 and this year we got a tree taller than me (so it has to be 6 feet I think?) for $19.99, score!

I need to go buy more ornaments though because right now it looks really empty (since you know our trees before were tiny compared to this thing)

And an extra thing of colored lights.

And you're welcome :)
Yeah, it is nice. I complain but I know my wife enjoyed the family outing and I'm sure the kid will be really into it in a few years. The tree cost us $40, which is actually a bargain compared to some places. Just another one of those seasonal rackets like trying to buy roses around February or pumpkins in October. Any other time of the year those things are a fraction of the cost.

Seriously guys?  I know I had a bed recently for 20 years and just got a new one this year.  But you really cant have a mattress much longer than that.  Unless you like sleeping like shit and having a worse back than you normally do.  You dont need a new one every 8 years like they want to tell you but I would say every 10-15 for sure. 

In fact I would say my back problems have lessened this year and the only real change I made was the mattress.  And as stated before I take care of shit and flipped my old one every 6 months like clockwork to keep it as nice as possible.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/02/final-horizon-out-tomorrow-on-ps4-ps-vita/

final horizon out tomorrow(today?). also a dlc pack with 20 levels and 7 more trophies. no details on price of the add-on though. noticing more plus games coming out with early dlc packs.
Last line says "So, Final Horizon, out exclusively for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita tomorrow as part of the December Instant Game Collection for PS Plus members. Let us know what you think!"

Maybe we will get it for PS4 for free as well. That would be sweet, 4 PS4 games this month for my slow ass PS4 to download.

Shared trophy list, unfortunately.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3216-Final-Horizon

Supposedly you're supposed to buy a new mattress every 5-10 years. At least that's what the mattress industry says, and they'd know, right?

For more scintillating weather conversation. (Because really, who doesn't love talking about the weather).

I've spent winters both in Anchorage and northern Minnesota. MN was colder. No trees, and those wind chills. Ugh.

Although I do wish I now lived in a place that actually got all 4 seasons, and a different reaction to snow besides complete panic.

Man Frisky is letting that old thread go. Went to look at the OP to see the December PS+ game list again and it didn't have any current info in the PS+ section. Last stuff in the historical list is for September and the current offerings videos are from July's games.

New "upscale" burger chain opened near where I work, BurgerFI. Overpriced, small burgers which weren't anything special, they undercooked the fries by a lot to the point that I barely ate any of them and the onion rings were flavorless. Horrible sides, even fast food is better than that, don't bother if one opens near you.

With all the recent broken games a lot of people have been saying that Nintendo never releases a broken game. Oh well:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/02/report-super-smash-bros-wii-u-error-code-bricking-systems/?ncid=rss_truncated
if that's legit, definitely keeping mine sealed until something is done about it. i'd be pissed if i just bought a wii u, and then the damn game bricked my system that night. by that night, i mean in 3 months when i finally decide to play the wii u for 10 minutes.

With all the recent broken games a lot of people have been saying that Nintendo never releases a broken game. Oh well:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/02/report-super-smash-bros-wii-u-error-code-bricking-systems/?ncid=rss_truncated
I'd hardly call that releasing a broken game. Definitely sucks for people who get that error, but the vast majority of people aren't having any issues. Unlike several recent releases which have widespread issues (Halo MCC, AC Unity, LPB3, etc.)

I'd hardly call that releasing a broken game. Definitely sucks for people who get that error, but the vast majority of people aren't having any issues. Unlike several recent releases which have widespread issues (Halo MCC, AC Unity, LPB3, etc.)
I'd rather have neither, but it's much easier to deal with a glitchy game rather than a bricked system.

No problems here. My advice is don't play the online mode for now (that seems to be a common factor in the people with issues) and if the error code pops up don't go digging in data management stuff and don't format the console (unless Nintendo tells you to. If they tell you do format and it bricks they will cover the cost to fix even if it isn't under warranty). Plus there was a wiiu system update this morning. Considering the updates aren't very frequent I'm guessing it addresses the issue.

35 hours in smash here and no problems

Tempted to trade in my physical TLOU for that digital card. Not sure when I'll actually get around to playing it though.

Tempted to trade in my physical TLOU for that digital card. Not sure when I'll actually get around to playing it though.
No way I'd pay $18.99 for a digital game I'm not playing right away, whether you have the physical copy to trade or not.

Anita produced it, so this is my response:
I know that is a meme, but really?!? Just because you dont agree with her stance you post a video of someone getting shot while referencing her. Are you trying to help prove her point?

That video has a lot of really good points about what females put up with as gamers. It is not talking about game design being sexist except for 1 mention of there not usually being female characters. I do not see how anyone can argue with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back