PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a stupid question to the group :grouphug: ....do you guys buy collector's editions more for the steelbook or for the statues and extras? If The Order one goes to $30 I might actually bite. Lol.
Statues. I might get the Premium Edition with The Endless Duel statue if it dropped to $30.

I think the only CE with a "statue" that I have is the AC Brotherhood with the Doctor jack in the box. I plan on buying the CEs for AC III, IV, and Unity sometime.

When TRU put the God of War III Ultimate Edition online for $20, I bought 5 of them I think and ended up flipping all the various contents separately. I thought the Pandora's Box included in that was pretty cool.

Overall, I think my favorite special edition I have is either Fallout New Vegas or Alan Wake.

Wow, I completely forgot about the God of War 3 Pandora Box and stuff.  I bought that CE and it is the only one I have.  Cause God of War.  I just wish it came with a steelbook.  The Ascension steelbook sucks though.

My favorite CE are Dark Souls 2 Japan exclusive (well worth the price of importing), Ni no Kuni Wizard Edition and DJ Max CE Vita (simple but looks very nice).

Just a stupid question to the group :grouphug: ....do you guys buy collector's editions more for the steelbook or for the statues and extras? If The Order one goes to $30 I might actually bite. Lol.
CE's only really have any appeal for properties I really love. The only one's I've purchased at launch are Soul series related ones. I've also picked up a few other collector's editions over the years like Saint's Row 2, Ghostbusters, Dead Rising 2, etc. but only because I wanted the game anyway and they were at closeout pricing because they were overstocked.

I kept a keen eye out for a good deal on the Mass Effect 3 CE because i knew it came with a piece of DLC that was integral to the experience of the story, I think I picked that up for $20 at gamestop, I couldn't care less what other extra's came with it other than the DLC code.

Only steelbook I have is Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD because when I price matched Amazon's $20 price at Target, it was the only copy of the game they had and neither me nor the cashier knew it was the fancy addition.

Oh and maybe the Mass Effect Trilogy has a steelbook?  And again only have that because it was cheap-o on a $20 price match.

Only steelbook I have is Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD because when I price matched Amazon's $20 price at Target, it was the only copy of the game they had and neither me nor the cashier knew it was the fancy addition.

Oh and maybe the Mass Effect Trilogy has a steelbook? And again only have that because it was cheap-o on a $20 price match.
Wait, WHAT?! Target got a steelbook for KH 1.5 HD???

You should see Bumslie's Dark Souls 2 Japan Import - now that's how you do a collector's edition. It's enough to make any From soft fan go hollow with envy.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how are people making out in BloodBorne? I'm working on Cainhurst Castle right now. Just need to beat the boss.. I feel like I've put a ton of time into it, but glancing over the list of bosses makes it seem like I've only beat about half of them. Nuts.

CE's only really have any appeal for properties I really love. The only one's I've purchased at launch are Soul series related ones. I've also picked up a few other collector's editions over the years like Saint's Row 2, Ghostbusters, Dead Rising 2, etc. but only because I wanted the game anyway and they were at closeout pricing because they were overstocked.

I kept a keen eye out for a good deal on the Mass Effect 3 CE because i knew it came with a piece of DLC that was integral to the experience of the story, I think I picked that up for $20 at gamestop, I couldn't care less what other extra's came with it other than the DLC code as that was a savings of $10.

You should see Bumslie's Dark Souls 2 Japan Import - now that's how you do a collector's edition. It's enough to make any From soft fan go hollow with envy.
Yeah it's one of the nicest CE I've seen. It's really good quality and it spoiled me to the point where most CE look like shit now and days.

So how are people making out in BloodBorne? I'm working on Cainhurst Castle right now. Just need to beat the boss.. I feel like I've put a ton of time into it, but glancing over the list of bosses makes it seem like I've only beat about half of them. Nuts.
Still in the first area!

I'm still need to finish up Forbidden Woods. I just unlocked all the shortcuts back to the lamp. I'm glad your liking the game as it just keeps on growing. I love finding those shortcuts. Lots of crazy shit going on with the story.

Gotta love Amazon's customer service. Our FireTV crapped out after about 10 months of use. (constant, especially with one kid doing alot of rewinding and show selection)

They're shipping us out a new one in 2 days. Switched over to our Roku stick for now.
What kind of crapping out? I've noticed mine seems to be kind of wishy washy lately. There are times where it doesn't respond at all to the remote. I thought it was an issue with the remote, but it's hsving the same problem when I use the fire TV app on my phone. I have to unplug it to get it to work again.

Just need to finish two more chalice dungeons for the plat. Savoring every last moment of it, too.

CXPcFPm.jpg

He mad.

I'm still need to finish up Forbidden Woods. I just unlocked all the shortcuts back to the lamp. I'm glad your liking the game as it just keeps on growing. I love finding those shortcuts. Lots of crazy shit going on with the story.
Well I don't know anything about the story, but that area was nuts. Seems to be way bigger than any of the previous ones. I actually beat the boss for that one on my 3rd or 4th try, but I may have been a little overleveled for it (which is fine by me).

I'm still really enjoying it but I feel like I'm going to need to start cutting it with a different game once in awhile. It's too stressful sometimes, lol.

Just need to finish two more chalice dungeons for the plat. Savoring every last moment of it, too.
Hardcore. Do those chalice dungeons basically require a co op partner to finish? I felt like I heard that they were really hard?

I usually just go for ces for a franchise I like. steelbooks help, but extras still have to be good. I'll splurge on a ce too if it's clearanced. Like my $10 two worlds 2 ce, $15 defiance ultimate edition, or my $30 killzone 3 ce.

I'm at the final boss(es). I'm getting the multiple endings and plat out of the way so I can enjoy another playthrough using different weapons. I've heard the level 4 and 5 chalice dungeons are no joke - that's all that stands in my way for 100%. I wish co-op was easier and covenants actually had a purpose, but other than that I'm very very happy with the game. Love the atmosphere, the twisted side quests, the gems and weapon upgrade system. That Cainhurst boss whooped my ass until I got parry timing down. Wait till you get to Nightmare Mensis.

Well I don't know anything about the story, but that area was nuts. Seems to be way bigger than any of the previous ones. I actually beat the boss for that one on my 3rd or 4th try, but I may have been a little overleveled for it (which is fine by me).

I'm still really enjoying it but I feel like I'm going to need to start cutting it with a different game once in awhile. It's too stressful sometimes, lol.

Hardcore. Do those chalice dungeons basically require a co op partner to finish? I felt like I heard that they were really hard?
There is one dungeon that you are forced to play with reduced health. Almost any enemy can 1 shot you including a certain boss that makes a return visit to fuck you up.

The story is from NPCs and reading the item descriptions.

Check out Epicnamebro and search Bloodborne on YouTube. He helped write the guide and he gives you his thoughts on what's happening and makes sense of story. Just watch videos on areas you've completed. You'll appreciate the game a lot more.

I started to post that I do not have a single steelbook or CE, but I realized that is not true.  I do have the original printing of Metroid Prime Trilogy steelcase with the plastic slip cover.  I never even played the game.  I think I paid $5 or $10 for it at Best Buy.

I'm at the final boss(es). I'm getting the multiple endings and plat out of the way so I can enjoy another playthrough using different weapons. I've heard the level 4 and 5 chalice dungeons are no joke - that's all that stands in my way for 100%. I wish co-op was easier and covenants actually had a purpose, but other than that I'm very very happy with the game. Love the atmosphere, the twisted side quests, the gems and weapon upgrade system. That Cainhurst boss whooped my ass until I got parry timing down. Wait till you get to Nightmare Mensis.
Maybe I suck, but I haven't had much luck parrying. Well, I actually haven't spent much time trying because I've been doing alright without it. I've been leveling up the repeating pistol. Can that still be used for parrying? Though it might suck since it uses two bullets at once.

There is one dungeon that you are forced to play with reduced health. Almost any enemy can 1 shot you including a certain boss that makes a return visit to fuck you up.
fuck that noise.

I started to post that I do not have a single steelbook or CE, but I realized that is not true. I do have the original printing of Metroid Prime Trilogy steelcase with the plastic slip cover. I never even played the game. I think I paid $5 or $10 for it at Best Buy.
Wasnt that game going for big money at some point because it was a small run?

I started to post that I do not have a single steelbook or CE, but I realized that is not true. I do have the original printing of Metroid Prime Trilogy steelcase with the plastic slip cover. I never even played the game. I think I paid $5 or $10 for it at Best Buy.
Oh yeah I had one of those too that I got for $20 at BB. Sold it for $70-something on eBay to finance my 3DSXL I believe.

But unlike you, you monster, I played through all three. Great fucking trilogy.

Tyler picks brackets like a 12 year old confirmed.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-04-07/12-year-old-wins-espn-bracket-challenge-2015-ncaa-tournament-brackets-sam-holtz-illinois-duke-wisconsin

Wow, that's a slap in the face to Indiana right there. Guess you can't throw an ear of corn on a burger though.

What a turd. She's awesome though.

Damn that sucks. It is all I decided to buy. Probably nothing this week for me either.
It was the only thing I wanted from this week and then left it for a couple days to think about the other DLC. Remembered it this morning but then the store was having that stupid problem where you sign in and it bounces you right back out and then it slipped my mind again until it was already dead. DLC goes on sale so seldom now I'm just hoping we get another equivalent sale at some point. :whistle2:(

At least I'm going to be playing through Origins and Asylum before I get back to AC.

So is Transistor just like Bastion (Bassteeon) with some newer ideas? Or is it different at all?
Nah, Bastion is way more action based. Transistor is more like a hybrid between real time and turn based strategy. You've gotta think more about what you're gonna beat up and when, and for how much damage. And you only get a certain number of actions per turn. Bastion you just go beat stuff with a hammer (or whatever weapon you equip).

I guess we're supposed to be excited the 6 Star Wars movies are coming to digital HD in a few days for $100.  All I really hope is that Disney doesn't end up killing off Harmy's Despecialized Editions because he's working on a new release of ROTJ that restores it to its original colors.    

I guess we're supposed to be excited the 6 Star Wars movies are coming to digital HD in a few days for $100. All I really hope is that Disney doesn't end up killing off Harmy's Despecialized Editions because he's working on a new release of ROTJ that restores it to its original colors.
Those digitals are the SE versions still.

so fuck em.

Han shot first.

I started Bloodborne last night and I'm 3 bosses down. It's not a hard as you babies make it out to be.
I just havent played it since Bums showed me how he plays. I also had completely forgotten about blood vials so I was trying to survive without healing at all. Ill get back into it this week and show you!

I just havent played it since Bums showed me how he plays. I also had completely forgotten about blood vials so I was trying to survive without healing at all. Ill get back into it this week and show you!
Yeah once you level up more and get the controls down you'll be a beast hunter for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back