PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony just emailed me to say my PS3 has been fixed and on its way back to me.

Took less than a week and didn't have to spend $100+ to get it done.

To come full circle on the speed conversation, the higher speed cap will give you a higher perception of quality when there are other network impairments (latency, jitter, packet loss, etc). That is because transmissions (specifically re-transmissions) will get there quicker.

Nerd free version: A fast shitty connection is less shitty than a slow shitty connection

I keep a job because I know how to work on applications that have to appear flawless when they are running on inherently flawed networks. There are a lot of tricks you can use (jitter buffers, packet redundancy, etc) to give a better perception of quality.

Nerd free version: I am a nerd.
I have been doing telecom for almost 20 years and I was impressed with upstream scheduler. Never heard of that before.

Your data speed cap is not really going to play into those things. It gets more into network engineering and how the upstream scheduler is designed if it is a shared system like I think FiOS is.

You are only wasting money if you are always using services that would never send the data to you faster than the lower speeds allow.
FWIW, I have 25/25 FiOS and other then downloading games I don't miss the 50/8 cablemodem I used to have. I save $10 a month not having 50/50 like pharm.

Finally finished up the BL2 story last night, now I just have to do everything else slowly for the plat. Idk how you guys blew through this game lol, there's so much to do.
It is a grind but a fun one. I had a couple level 45-50 guys from my PS3 playthrough so I had a decent head start on the PS4 plat.

If you need help raid bosses or whatever let me know. A couple of them are pretty hard.

This Community thing seems super dumb. It's like PSNOT, but much harder to type in and way more boring. What am I missing?
you're not missing anything. I guess sony doesn't know about the newfangled invention "internet forums" where everyone else does this sort of thing. They've done enough social type things that worked that I'll give em a pass though.

Probably spent 90 mins trying to 5-star the Vampire the other night to no success.

Got it on my first try tonight, on a run I didn't even consider particularly great.

Used the Clocktower Cog and Lotus Blossom charms to increase the time before the combo drops off and make the audience mood meter drop more slowly. Maybe that's a good combo for anyone else looking to 5-star him.

It is a grind but a fun one. I had a couple level 45-50 guys from my PS3 playthrough so I had a decent head start on the PS4 plat.

If you need help raid bosses or whatever let me know. A couple of them are pretty hard.
Yeah, I'll let you know. I think I'm going to work on the circles of slaughter things before I get to the raid bosses though.

It's pretty cool when I tweet about going to see a band and then said band favorites that tweet.  Especially when said band is a big world touring band.

#musicdork

the communities thing seems like a decent way to get multiplayer going with a larger community tho, or for game nights that the larger websites host on occasion. but yeah, small groups it seems like standard messages/forums do the same thing. 

I love these videos and the whole Fallout Universe but aren't these pretty much the same type of videos we saw in the other Fallout games? I don't see anything that says next gen or different.
?... I'm not sure how to respond to this... I guess I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling or not since I wouldn't expect anyone to take anything from these videos other than just a funny way for the devs to talk about the character attributes that have always been a part of FO.

How're you liking AC:L so far?
I'm digging it. Only been playing in spurts on the bus, but the new setting and assassin is refreshing. The different personas is also an interesting mechanic (they may have been used before, I haven't played Revelations or 3). Haven't paid much attention to the story besides "go here and do this thing because we tell you to."

z6zSRRI.jpg

I'm digging it. Only been playing in spurts on the bus, but the new setting and assassin is refreshing. The different personas is also an interesting mechanic (they may have been used before, I haven't played Revelations or 3). Haven't paid much attention to the story besides "go here and do this thing because we tell you to."
Personas are unique to Liberation. The personas work well enough from a story perspective but are a bit annoying from a collection perspective. Some of the items can only be picked up while in the correct persona, which means you have to cover the city map 3 times to get everything. If you're not going for trophies it doesn't matter, but if you are it's kinda lame.

I'm not sure if the game got a big patch for it or not, but it seems like there were lots of complaints about framerate and I never had any problems with that. I thought the game worked great on Vita as far as performance, gameplay, and graphics and don't really get why it wasn't received well.

Nope, it was new to that game. I thought about picking it up when it was on sale, but it was the same price as the full sized Ass Creed games, and I still have 2 others in the queue (Rogue and IV) and I think I'm about 2/5ths through III.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been doing telecom for almost 20 years and I was impressed with upstream scheduler. Never heard of that before.
If you have been in older school telecom with more dedicated circuits (even if packetized) versus shared access networks, it never would have come up. It is the very heart of DOCSIS networks when dealing with real time data on a typically over subscribed network.

17 years for me.

?... I'm not sure how to respond to this... I guess I'm trying to figure out if you're trolling or not since I wouldn't expect anyone to take anything from these videos other than just a funny way for the devs to talk about the character attributes that have always been a part of FO.
I guess I'm just curious why the only Fallout 4 related videos are those things? That's all. I love the Fallout series and I'll play the new one so no trolling here.

Mad Max decided to start being generous with the overall % completion--my save somehow jumped from 35% to 46% over two nights and I only did a couple of story missions.

Already at 27% of P4D? How much time have you put into it so far? Trophy list looks on the short side, but it's hard to tell with the "get all X" trophies.

I guess I'm just curious why the only Fallout 4 related videos are those things? That's all. I love the Fallout series and I'll play the new one so no trolling here.
There have been several gameplay related videos put out, but with it getting closer to release they're just putting these out to build the excitement. Bethesda knows the fanbase is crazy and they eat this shit up. It's just a little over a month away, I don't think they want to spoil any more gameplay and just let people experience it for themselves.

If you have been in older school telecom with more dedicated circuits (even if packetized) versus shared access networks, it never would have come up. It is the very heart of DOCSIS networks when dealing with real time data on a typically over subscribed network.

17 years for me.
Actually just coming up on 19 years for me (not 20). Early 1997 I started working at an ISP. We did dialup, frame relay and T1 when I started. Maybe ISDN too. Not sure if we had any paying customers on ISDN. They had 3 lines that the owner never could seem to get working or sold. So me and another coworker had ISDN installed at home and got it work.

DSL came along a bit later when I was there. I was more involved with that then the frame relay an T1 stuff which the owner dealt with more (larger customers).

Cablemodems were one of the things that actually drove him out of the business. He sold to another ISP about a year after I left. That ISP is still in business actually we do some stuff with them but less and less each year. They have some cool VOIP/asterisks solutions we still use them for.

You should've gotten an invitation. I sent them to everyone already on my friend list.

You can also just search it and join.
Thanks I haven't been on my PS4 in a couple days.

Other then to kick off the UC demo collection. And even then I started the download from a PC and ask my wife to turn it on. By the time I got home from work it was downloaded and the PS4 had turned itself off.

I figured I would have gotten an alert/message on the PSN app on Android.

Been really busy at work and too beat when I get home to mess around with viideo games. Either that or Dishonored ruined video games for me.

Really shitty local news yesterday.

http://www.wistv.com/story/30153769/mourners-create-makeshift-memorial-for-officer-greg-alia

That hits close to home since Forest Acres is the part of Columbia I live in; the Police Department is half a mile up the road from my house.  The other unnerving thing about what happened is that this occurred at a local mall my daughter was at on Tuesday for a field trip.  There's not much left at that mall (mainly due to high rent and everything moving out to the more densely populated suburbs) except a bookstore, a Verizon call center and a Children's Theater.  In this day and age, there's no telling what the suspect's intentions were.

A shout out to the men and women in blue who serve and protect.

PS: Based on the last pic of the slide show, it looks like the officer was a gamer, too.

ugh ps4 3.0 fail. i keep getting the same cag community invite every 15 minutes even after i left and rejoined and even after i accepted invite. so for now i turned invite notifications off, but that's annoying...

Already at 27% of P4D? How much time have you put into it so far? Trophy list looks on the short side, but it's hard to tell with the "get all X" trophies.
Maybe 4-5 hours? PSNP's trophy guide lists 15 hours to get the plat, which sounds about right. Most of my remaining trophies will be obtained through Free Dance Mode or from buying items/costumes/accessories in the store.

BBY has Trails of Cold Steel LionHeart Edition PS3 up for the same price as the standard right now at $40. Unfortunately the Vita version isn't listed yet as thats the one I wanted but thats a heck of a deal with GCU.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-lionheart-edition-playstation-3/4562314.p?id=1219768911347&skuId=4562314&productCategoryId=abcat0703002
I actually wanted the PS3 version since I won't have a newer console JRPG to play for the fall due to skipping Tales of Zestiria, so this suits me just fine.

You guys recommend posting the sale of the pipboy edition after we get it? Or just post it letting people know it won't ship until release date?

You guys recommend posting the sale of the pipboy edition after we get it? Or just post it letting people know it won't ship until release date?
Because we all know people are stupid and dumb and don't always read, it might be best to wait to actually have it on-hand before listing/selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back