PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't a free money exploit in Big Fest make the game pointless?
Not really. Part of the game is making money, yes. But another part of it is building up your festival to your liking and completing challenges by having certain kinds of vendors or bands playing and hyping up all these other bands. Money isn't earned terribly fast and I'm pretty far along. Just help eliminate a grind.

Can we maybe wait until the movies actually come out before we start determining which one is better and has the best scenes and is too long and characterizes the characters that have already been characterized before?
xTfywfI.gif

I'm watching a video of the level I haven't finished in zat and I've discovered that it was one of the first chapters I finished, but the game crashed at the exit so I guess it didn't save.  goddammit.

How do you people charge your golds? Is there a charging stand available? I can't seem to find anything like that. Using the PS4 to charge it you'd be using both USB ports since you need to plug in the receiver too. Kind of sucks that the PS4 only has 2 USB ports.

How do you people charge your golds? Is there a charging stand available? I can't seem to find anything like that. Using the PS4 to charge it you'd be using both USB ports since you need to plug in the receiver too. Kind of sucks that the PS4 only has 2 USB ports.
I just use the PS4. I don't typically need the other usb for anything else since its rare that my headset and controller are dying at the same time. And if they are, I just swap to my 2nd controller and use the charge cradle I have for those and leave the Golds plugged in.

I don't have the Golds, but for the Pulse Elite set I have, I just use an old Android phone charger plugged into the wall. I assume it's the same port since it's the same as a DS3 charge cable, which I also assume is the same as DS4 charge cable.

#AssumingLikeTherm

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an AC to USB power adapter with the cord sitting on top of a nearby table. I was never able to find a particularly elegant solution to this either.

The 2 USB ports limit is made even worse since the Gold dongle takes up one. The GH controller takes up another one. I imagine anybody without a charging stand for the controllers has a lot of fun swapping things in and out constantly.

I don't have the Golds, but for the Pulse Elite set I have, I just use an old Android phone charger plugged into the wall. I assume it's the same port since it's the same as a DS3 charge cable, which I also assume is the same as DS4 charge cable.

#AssumingLikeTherm
Nope.

Mini usb vs micro usb, the port is on the ds4 is the same port used on android phones.

mini-micro-usb-connector.gif

#AssumingLikeTherm
It's a standard microUSB port on the Golds.

Oh yeah I don't use an actual Android cord.  I use the part from it that plugs into the wall, then I took out the Android charge cord part and put in the headset charging cable into the USB port instead.  So basically what everyone else above said they're doing.

Simcity 2000

Type "cass" during play. There's a good chance this may cause a disaster. Gain $250

Type "imacheat" during play. This often causes disasters. Gain $500,000

http://simcity.wikia.com/wiki/Cheats
That reminds me of an episode of Sliders, on that world there are ATMs all around the city that give you as much money as you ask for free of charge, but each dollar you take is an entry into a lottery. The "winners" get euthanized, a method of population control for the poor.

I have a Vita charger plugged into the wall behind my couch that I drape over the back of the couch.  It works for plugging in the Vita during long play sessions while watching TV or for charging the golds while playing without the cord being in the way.  I have 3 DS4s that I rotate through so that I am always using one to play, have a charged backup, and one hooked to the PS4 charging.

I have had to use the Vita cable for a PS4 at times when I am playing a co-op game with the kid and we end up with 2 that are almost dead at the same time.

I have a Vita charger plugged into the wall behind my couch that I drape over the back of the couch. It works for plugging in the Vita during long play sessions while watching TV or for charging the golds while playing without the cord being in the way. I have 3 DS4s that I rotate through so that I am always using one to play, have a charged backup, and one hooked to the PS4 charging.

I have had to use the Vita cable for a PS4 at times when I am playing a co-op game with the kid and we end up with 2 that are almost dead at the same time.
How's Life is Strange?

Turns out that Bound game posted by Therm earlier was what Sony Santa Monica had been teasing: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/03/bound-announced-for-playstation-4
Great. Another first party studio working on a non-game game. I am all for experiences like this existing. I think they have their place. However, when you already have your critics calling you the all indie box and you have this coming from one of your main studios and Dreams coming from another you can start to understand the frustration. How about some more first party exclusives that are not obscure high concept titles. That would be nice.

Out of this PS Experience, I just wish the rumor of changing your PSN name is real. Come on Sony, I'd pay $5 for it damn it.

Great. Another first party studio working on a non-game game. I am all for experiences like this existing. I think they have their place. However, when you already have your critics calling you the all indie box and you have this coming from one of your main studios and Dreams coming from another you can start to understand the frustration. How about some more first party exclusives that are not obscure high concept titles. That would be nice.
Hey now, there is Uncharted 4...

I've almost broken into the top 100 on the CAG TT leaderboard.

Who the hell is QuantumMercury on there? He's crushing the shit out of Gator. He's behind Gator in actual trophy points, but has a 220K TT score lead over Gator.

http://www.truetrophies.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=84
He's like mild if he ever decided to play like Gator. Plays a shit ton of fighting games/jrpgs (and your standard visual novels). In CAG, he's some dude from the gameshare thread.

Finished up first playthrough of Until Dawn last night, now I just need to run through the last half to save everyone and get 2 collectibles I missed and the plat is mine. I have to say it's a fun game but I am glad I only paid $16 for it....nowhere near worth $60.

Spoilered thoughts to come later since I can never get it to work right on mobile (fuck work)

How's Life is Strange?
It is OK. The story is relatively interesting and totally not what I thought it was going in. There really is only one gameplay mechanic and it is not QTEs like so many others in the genre. I am glad the collectible guides do not really spoil the story because I definitely would not want to go through the game again just for those since I would argue the gameplay is even more shallow than the Telltale games.

Even though I already thought that games with female leads were under served, it has helped reinforce that idea. I have felt slightly uncomfortable playing as a teenage girl at times. I do not really recall feeling that way before with other games with a female lead. It may just be due to this one having so much of the clique HS bull shit as part of the story. Even though I was not one of the shiny happy people in HS, it is definitely different seeing how girls treated each other versus guys in those situations.

Sorry for not responding sooner Vig,  Not sure exactly how long Fallout took in game, couldn't seem to find where it tells you, it simply just said how many "in game hours" had past...

But I will say that the time will be cut in half by using the exploits.  Used the Caps bartering exploit, and the duplicate resources exploit as well.  You need roughly 30,000 caps to get the benevolent leader trophy alone.  And then the resources duplication helped me get from level 40 to 50 in about 20 minutes.

Other than that the story missions required for the trophies didn't take as long as I thought.  Just lots of grinding for some of the other ones and collectibles.

I've almost broken into the top 100 on the CAG TT leaderboard.

Who the hell is QuantumMercury on there? He's crushing the shit out of Gator. He's behind Gator in actual trophy points, but has a 220K TT score lead over Gator.

http://www.truetrophies.com/leaderboard.aspx?leaderboardid=84
He admittedly plays a lot of games with more rare plats than I do since many are in genres I have no interest in. He gets a huge boost by playing all the DLC for everything as well. That really boosts the TT score since so many people do not buy them.

He had a perfect profile for a long time. He got REALLY pissy when one of the versions of the Show suddenly shut down the online while he was in the middle of playing it. He claimed he was going to "retire" after that, but that appears to have been bull shit.

Pancakes response was pretty spot on.

Yeah it doesn't help when you release a vague ass trailer. I get that everyone is trying to push gaming forward and it has worked out for some titles but shit man sometimes you just want to shoot, punch, and blow shit up! So does this mean no new God of War or is this a side thing? Maybe they are getting this one out of the way so they can announce something better at PSX?

I had a good trophy month in November!  Nearly 7,000 true trophy points during the month... my highest month before that was around 4000, and I mostly average 1500 to 2000 in a normal month!  Love those plats!  

I feel like there is no end to the games where you "shoot, punch, and blow shit up!" so I don't really see the problem. Maybe this Bound game sucks, but it's not the end of what you want.

Not really. Part of the game is making money, yes. But another part of it is building up your festival to your liking and completing challenges by having certain kinds of vendors or bands playing and hyping up all these other bands. Money isn't earned terribly fast and I'm pretty far along. Just help eliminate a grind.
You know the game just came out two days ago. You could just take your time and enjoy it.

Sometimes when I've been playing a game for a while, I'll take a break from it because I want to make it last.

UC4 Beta is now avaialble. No voucher required, just put the disc in if you have the physical version.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/03/uncharted-4-multiplayer-beta-everything-you-need-to-know/

If you purchased a digital version from the PlayStation Store, please skip to Step 2;

1. Insert the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection game disc into the PlayStation 4
  2. Highlight the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection game icon
  3. Select ‘Overview’
  4. Select the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta Tile and press the X button to begin your download from the PlayStation Store
You have to have PS+, it's 7gb, and beta progress doesn't carry over to the full game.

Are you guys seriously complaining about the Sony Santa Monica tease?  You do realize it was announced that they are working on two games, and this bound game is actually being mainly developed by a small studio in Poland and Sony is helping out.  This isn't the big AAA title that they have been working on....  coming in late, but thinking that is what everyone is talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back