PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. Too bad for Lions. Bad call, but it happened so fast, ref behind the play with vision blocked called it.

Then Rodgers during interview talks about how he got facemasked. Ha.

I wonder if i can sell these PS+ cards on ebay and use the old "they may or may not work as I haven't tried" sales pitch that so many people use.

I wonder if i can sell these PS+ cards on ebay and use the old "they may or may not work as I haven't tried" sales pitch that so many people use.
Why are you in here talking about that bullshit? You should be running naked through the streets after that win.

Naked. Streets. Now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad way to finish the night. I also got a victory hug dance type thing from a couple cute packer chicks.
After watching the replay several times it occurred to me that Richard Rogers benefitted from both Devante Adams and James Jones inability to adjust to the football. If they were better at it they probably would have knocked the ball from Richard Rogers hands.

I didn't watch the awards show, but some pretty decent announcements. Shadow Complex and Psychonauts 2 both should be really cool.

Can't wait to hear more about PS2 compatibility hopefully on Saturday.

rgKC2bo.gif

2uonacl.png
#37 -
27x2khl.jpg

Had all the misc. trophies, but still needed to finish leveling to 99. Finished that during the award show, took a total of 79 hours to plat through normal play, It flew by other than the last 4 or 5 hours of chained runs of the levels to get XP from 85 (when I beat the last boss on inferno) and 99. I didn't power level any characters by having them as the 2P of my main, I wanted to try their various play styles. They all play very differently. I found that I liked the dwarf, sorceress, and wizard. I didn't like the fighter or the amazon and wasn't proficient enough to use the elf.

The dwarf is basically the love child of Hulk and Thor, he has two skills which increase his defense and prevent him from getting stunned or knocked down. When stacked with a defense potion he is basically indestructible to everything but potent magic. He can pick up enemies and chuck them into the ground like a meteor strike which damage all nearby enemies. He can smash his hammer into the ground and summon forth a dozen bolts of lightning.

The wizard has all offensive spells and has a short term charge up which increases his spell damage for a few seconds afterward. Slow causes enemies to move slower, extinction instantly kills any non-boss enemy (limited casts), and he has potent fire magic. Summoning a meteor from the sky is one of the most damaging attacks in the game, but is difficult to pull off as it has a long cast time.

The sorceress is more of a cleric role, she can cast protect which boosts the defense of all allies temporarily or create food to refill HP. She can turn enemies to stone or into frogs, or drop a giant rock on the enemies head.

The fighter can't tank damage as well as the dwarf, but he does have a shield which blocks damage for him and everyone inside the circle behind him. He also has skills which draw the attention of enemies and can take damage the damage the team receives instead. I found him boring because he doesn't have very many attack skills.

The Amazon is the glass cannon. The lower your current HP relative to your max HP is, the more damage you do. Each strike also causes you to go further and further into Berserk which ups your damage and swing speed. Coupled with equipment that also increases your damage when your HP is low you can do a LOT of damage. But staying alive at low damage means careful parrying of blows which is really hard when it can be pretty easy to loose track of your character periodically in co-op.

The Elf may eventually become strong at higher levels, but in the time it took to beat normal I found her arrows weak and you can't carry enough of them at a time. She also gets bonus damage for dagger backstabs but that's pretty hard to do when the screen is full of magic attacks.

The art and animations is just beautiful, other than their somewhat skeezy depiction of the sorceresses and amazon. It is harder to appreciate on the smaller vita screen, but it is much more apparent on the PS3.

More info below on Fig, the crowd funding platform that's behind Psychonauts 2. This is the first time I've heard about it.

Also, did anyone see the estimated launch date? Fall 2018! Wtf. I think I'll save my money. It's already 16% funded. I'm sure it'll hit its goal in the next 34 days. I'll just buy it at launch lol.

Here’s how it works: Fig only runs a single campaign at a time, and campaigns will alternate between big-name indies (Obsidian, Double Fine, inXile, et cetera) and smaller indies (i.e. the Outer Wilds campaign Fig launched with on Tuesday). Each campaign is specially curated by the board, including the Schafer/Fargo/Urquhart trio.
Those are the CEOs of the big named indies mentioned above.

Like Kickstarter, you can pledge money to games in return for traditional backer rewards. However, you’ll also be able to (pursuant to SEC approval) directly invest in these games—provided you have a spare $1,000 or more to throw around. At the moment, the investment option is only available to accredited investors, though Fig is hoping to open it to everyone after a few campaigns.

The option to invest is likely to draw in more large sums of money than Kickstarter though, which relies entirely on gratis crowdfunding. In fact, at the time I’m writing this (11:00 a.m. Pacific) the Outer Wilds campaign has already raised $49,000—of which $34,000 is from investors.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2972776/software-games/newly-launched-fig-allows-crowdfunders-to-properly-invest-in-and-profit-from-indie-games.html

http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/18/fig-games/

Holy great shows by Metric and Silversun Pickups, even if the venue sucked and the mix was off for the latter.

Looks like I missed and amazing finish to the game though. Brace up looking at my phone for the scores when I saw 20-0, but left the show with tons of messages and texts.

Looks like I didn't miss too much from the awards show. Thanks for all the news y'all!

Shitty news about Weiland. One of the most iconic singers of his time. STP/Velvet Revolver day for me tomorrow.

Now to make free BigFest moneys.

Got the new couch so I am all set now for the new year.

Side note: We have manned guard gates where they call you for deliveries. I forgot to take the ex wifes number off the list so she got all the calls for the deliveries. so she knows...oh she knows...
Pharm's ex casts Increased Alimony

It's super effective!

I am absolutely to the point in my life where free time is worth more to me than almost anything. I don't want to drive to fucking Gamestop et al when I could be doing something else. But again, more power to you guys.
I used to run the flip group on cag before 3.0 when they got rid of groups. I used to spend so much time going to bestbuy/gamestop/bbv/tru/etc. It was fantastic but the tivs aren't what they used to be. plus too many limits now. I remember buying 10 copies of lbp from bestbuy just to turn it around and flip right back and make nice $. also when they had rz coupons that you could walk in, get the game for free, then turn around and flip it for $10ish. lol. great times back in the day. now im lucky if I check cag once a week, lol

Man soo many games to play all of a sudden.  With Targets buy 2 get 1, my fairly meger BF week haul, UC4 beta, Doom alpha, free JC3, a couple of games off PSN.

Played some UC4 last night.  Not sure if I like it or not.  I am probably too old to be any good at faster MP games like COD but man not sure I can get into these awkward moving slower games either.  Really looking forward to the campaign and hopefully a good co-op like previous games.  Day one for me for sure.

Played some JC3 this morning.  Too early to tell but I think I will like JC2 better.  These load times are fucken horrible.  I end up checking my phone and then look up and it is finally done loading.  A couple times a count down timer has has already started.

JC2 just loaded better and kept the fun going.  Hopefully they can fix some of this in a patch.  Lots of fun once it actually lets you play.

Also looking forward to that Teletales Batman game.   

Yeah it's been great playing so much blops 3, dragon's crown and gauntlet with ya guys lately. I been knocking out some xcom, but mp with buds is always the best

Looks like we're at least getting a Deluxe Edition that includes the steelbook, a soundtrack CD, and map for $10 more, and it's already up at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/far-cry-primal-deluxe-edition-playstation-4/4772400.p?id=1219816694689&skuId=4772400

4772400_sa.jpg

Now that's a good "Collector's Edition". If Best Buy adds this to their $10 cert. promo, I'll probably preorder it.

Yeah it's been great playing so much blops 3, dragon's crown and gauntlet with ya guys lately. I been knocking out some xcom, but mp with buds is always the best
Yeah played some single player with you Sunday and multiplayer Mon-Wednesday with a friend. We had some trouble getting in a match with UC4 beta last night. Almost switched over to Gauntlet but he hadn't downloaded it yet.

I presume you have to earn that mod through those challenges first, so you have to at least earn some gears from them?
I dont know. If you do its only a few gears so you dont need to try and 5 star any of them right away. I only did the shotgun one before I had the precision aim so I am thinking I may have gotten it through a story mission though. Either way dont try to 5 gear the shooting challenges without it.

Same goes for the race challenges.  Need to unlock nitrous for each type of vehicle before bothering with 5 gears.  Though you will easily know that after once race as you wont come close to 5 gear even on a perfect run without nitrous.

Oh, nice. Company-wide bonus for exceeding expected sales figures. Not a huge amount, but still over 3/4 of my normal bi-weekly paycheck.

I think I might do something with this BB b2g1 promo after all. If I can find 3 PS4 games I want, anyway...  :wall:

Same goes for the race challenges. Need to unlock nitrous for each type of vehicle before bothering with 5 gears. Though you will easily know that after once race as you wont come close to 5 gear even on a perfect run without nitrous.
Yeah, I noticed that with my first land race--I only got 4 gears despite making pretty much no mistakes, unlocked the nitro, then tried the challenge again while boosting on straightaways and easily got the fifth gear with almost 10 seconds to spare.

Yeah, I noticed that with my first land race--I only got 4 gears despite making pretty much no mistakes, unlocked the nitro, then tried the challenge again while boosting on straightaways and easily got the fifth gear with almost 10 seconds to spare.
yeah but even then some races are down to the wire. Shit aint easy.

I'm guessing BB official policy is to deny pricematching when there's a b2g1 in effect. Is that right? If so, is that an automatic thing or YMMV based on the cashier?

I'm guessing BB official policy is to deny pricematching when there's a b2g1 in effect. Is that right? If so, is that an automatic thing or YMMV based on the cashier?
Yeah, I don't think they allow it--even if the employee doesn't care/know, it'll likely require a manager override which will almost 100% guaranteed result in a denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back