PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Fox had a website made for the Independence Day sequel:
http://www.warof1996.com/

It goes over the events between the two films and explains Will Smith's character's absence if you scroll to just after 2007 on the timeline.
He died in a test flight combining human and alien technology. There was some unknown malfunction that happened.

I figure they'll uncover some details about it in the new film or just do a brief mention and try to forget him.

It goes over the events between the two films and explains Will Smith's character's absence if you scroll to just after 2007 on the timeline.
He died in a test flight combining human and alien technology. There was some unknown malfunction that happened.

I figure they'll uncover some details about it in the new film or just do a brief mention and try to forget him.
As long as the new one doesn't have Jaden Smith in it, I'm fine with whatever they do.

I think that was Fox's response to Will Smith wanting tens of millions of dollars, plus acting parts for his children, to appear in ID2.

Thanks for sending those JC3 challenges, Sage--once I realized that I needed to use the exact same vehicle/gun listed in the Call-Out Inbox for each feat, I got the trophy as soon as I killed 2 guys while parachuting using the specific dual-wield guns.

it's a lot of fun. It's by some of the big Disney musical guys and it also has Lassie from Psych as the crybaby antagonist king. Lots of great cameos, too.
It always amazes me that you like this show so much, because I couldn't even make it through one whole episode because the cheese and predictability and whine factor was so high.

And I like cheese!

Good news.

I got not-socks for my Cards Against Humanity night four gift!

A new pack of cards for the game! Left the best one out for y'all to see.
4c8adb05641d5fedb18194bc0116d5b0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It always amazes me that you like this show so much, because I couldn't even make it through one whole episode because the cheese and predictability and whine factor was so high.

And I like cheese!
He's posted probably around a dozen extremely cheesy Euro power metal videos in these two threads. I'm not that surprised he enjoys Galavant.

Where are you thinking of moving? I lived in Ocean Beach (awesome) and Bankers Hill (near the zoo/museums - awesome). It gets more suburban the farther away you move from the water (to where the reasonably affordable homes are).

Pros:

• Hottest women in the country
  • Weather
  • Beaches are gorgeous - so much nicer than our crappy east coast ones
  • Hodad's, In 'N Out and good Mexican food
Cons:

• People are surprisingly conservative (politically - may be a pro for you)
  • Not very many people are college educated
  • Lots of military d-bags (I like the military, but San Diego has three bases nearby, and I'd get in fights more than once because some d-bag would grab my girlfriend's ass or something)
  • Expensive
Bottom line: if I had the chance to move back I'd probably do it in a heartbeat.
Two other things (cons) that I'd add:

- Traffic is so goddamn terrible most of the time.

- When it rains, traffic gets 100 times worse.

But simmias pretty much nailed it with the rest.

Thanks for sending those JC3 challenges, Sage--once I realized that I needed to use the exact same vehicle/gun listed in the Call-Out Inbox for each feat, I got the trophy as soon as I killed 2 guys while parachuting using the specific dual-wield guns.
that's why JC is awesome.

Watching Attack of the Clones tonight. Most painful part of the Star Wars saga.

Tomorrow is Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, then Wednesday night is Empire and Return of the Jedi.
But... the Phantom Menace.
We're doing Machete order. I watched Phantom once about a decade ago and didn't feel like I was missing anything to skip it. Tonight is Revenge of the Sith and tomorrow is Return of the Jedi.

And yeah Clones was absolutely horrid. Anakin and Padme had absolutely no chemistry. I'm not sure if the actors hated each other or if they just hated the lines too much to get into them at all--Natalie Portman usually does fine but her acting was terrible in Clones. The relationship stuff was just insane as well--Anakin was constantly whining to Padme about Obi Wan being mean to him, staring at Padme even though she repeatedly asked him to stop, arguing with her pointlessly in front of Padme's employees, etc.. He comes across as a bratty teenager, then Padme says "No, we shouldn't kiss!" and takes Anakin out on a romantic picnic in the next scene and she's completely fine ignoring the warning signs after Anakin goes to rescue his mom.

The acting was bad but it's hard to blame anybody involved when you consider the script they were dealing with.

Two other things (cons) that I'd add:

- Traffic is so goddamn terrible most of the time.

- When it rains, traffic gets 100 times worse.

But simmias pretty much nailed it with the rest.
Yup, good points. Rain in San Diego is like snow in the south. People just freak out and forget how to drive, plus since it never rains (like 2 weeks out of the year) the roads get so slick because the oil and stuff builds up.

I like the graphics and combat and climbing mechanics of Prince of Persia but they really dropped the ball with the way they force you to retread all your steps in every section of the game. Having to navigate your way through a bunch of obstacles to reach the bad guy and save the fertile ground is fine; having to go back through every step of the obstacles plus explore more on top of that afterwards is just annoying.  :shame:

Ok guys, reviews of Star Wars are starting to be released, beware of the spoilers!!!!!!
Next week is very clear to me.

"I was very upset that Luke is just basically the new Darth Vader in this movie. And the fact that the chick was Han and Leia's kid was telegraphed from the beginning."

- Therm

Oh and then:

"Come on guys those aren't spoilers because I didn't tell you HOW it happened, just WHAT happened."

For a second I was tempted to get shovel knight for that price. Then I remember I've already got the digital version, and if I ever play it again it'll be for the DLC stuff and that's it. No need to hoard a physical copy for that. 

Next week is very clear to me.

"I was very upset that Luke is just basically the new Darth Vader in this movie. And the fact that the chick was Han and Leia's kid was telegraphed from the beginning."

- Therm

Oh and then:

"Come on guys those aren't spoilers because I didn't tell you HOW it happened, just WHAT happened."
Finally, an actual prediction to go along with the putdowns.

I can't wait til you move to California and can't get free games from your library.
I'll give him a referral to Gamefly and he will have access to WAY more plats than he ever had from his library. With the hub in LA he should get them really quick in San Diego. He won't even need a car then to keep getting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back