PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Spurrier announce this was his last year before he quit mid season? I may have missed that if he did. Bo essentially announced his retirement, we all knew he wasn't going to coach after this year.
Yeah, Spurrier retired effective immediately after South Carolina dropped their fourth straight I think and when they were guaranteed a losing season.
No, Spurrier did not announce this would be his last year. He just quit when the team went to shit.
Spurrier was ready to retire two years ago after our last 11-win season. He had a change of heart and came back for Dylan Thompson, Mike Davis, and a few other players he was close with for the 2014 season. After 2014 (7-6) he saw the writing on the wall; recruting had been poor, inexperienced QB, shitty defense. He was ready to go, but they (the AD and President) convinced him to stick around because we were spending a lot on facility improvements and were looking to raise money for more. Obviously, Spurrier being the face of the program and the success he had brought were a big reason the money was rolling in.

IMO, Spurrier retired when he did to save face more than anything. He knew if he stayed on as the HBC, there would be some portion of media coverage (ESPN in particular) devoted every weekend to his 'demise' as a coach. A smart move by him, but still a dick move. He's really gotten a free-pass around here for the way in which he left. He made some bad staff decisions the last four years, and dug his own grave because of them. I'm happy with where he took us; just wish he'd have left a little more gracefully.

I grabbed a few tags from the angel trees at work. One of the kids asked for Angry Birds games which at first I thought video game but it doesn't state a platform. Aren't there toys or what would be close to the description?
Did they specifically state games on there? Theres plenty of Angry Birds merch and I know most kids eat up those fat stuffed versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I win the prize for being a big fuck ing hypocrite, but I couldn't pass on these for $4 each. Got em at TRU. 

IBKPS6Q.jpg

#notamiibo

I guess I win the prize for being a big fuck ing hypocrite, but I couldn't pass on these for $4 each. Got em at TRU.

IBKPS6Q.jpg

#notamiibo

You're right. These lack any of the possibly useful functions of Amiibo and leave you with an actual plastic toy.

IBKPS6Q.jpg

#notamiibo
Yeah they're cool looking. I got the Link one like that as well as a retro Luigi one (since i have the retro mario Amiibo which already looks a lot like that). But I paid more than $4 though, I couldn't find any around me so I had to ebay them.

Yeah they're cool looking. I got the Link one like that as well as a retro Luigi one (since i have the retro mario Amiibo which already looks a lot like that). But I paid more than $4 though, I couldn't find any around me so I had to ebay them.
They were actually $5 but TRU had a buy one get one for 40% off. So 5+3=8. A little bit of tax too. Felt like a deal though.

#realmathwillsaveusall

EDIT: They had a Skull Kid I wanted too, but I had no one to pair him up with.

Hence the use of possibly.

I'd say unlocking coop in Shovel Knight is an incredibly useful function. Sucks to be locked behind the piece of plastic, but a lot more useful than those things.
Is it the slightest bit odd to you that you chose a 3rd party game which features the most useful amiibo functionality to date?

#nintendofail

#shovelknightiscool

Is it the slightest bit odd to you that you chose a 3rd party game which features the most useful amiibo functionality to date?

#nintendofail

#shovelknightiscool

Is it the slightest bit odd to you that you regularly rant about Nintendo's products/consoles then go out and buy their branded items?

#consistency

Is it the slightest bit odd to you that you regularly rant about Nintendo's products/consoles then go out and buy their branded items?

#consistency
I've actually been pretty positive towards Nintendo lately, chilled it with the hate. Although the NX patent was a little like WTF? I liked Chibi Robo Zip Lash, I've been playing Badge Arcade fairly regularly to get cool icons on my 3DS, and bought these toys. It's true I'm not crazy about amiibo anymore because it kind of started to feel like it just became a cash grab for Nintendo. More power to them because if it keeps them making $$$ then that's really the whole point. I'd just like to see them get to focusing on the games again and climbing out of their funky hardware stint. Zelda Wii U is starting to feel like an urban legend.

I did call myself a hypocrite already though too. O:)

I think it's about time for a new car. Considering a Corolla, Civic, or Cruze right now. Something that size for sure.
What about a Mazda CX 3 crossover? Living in SLC I would figure awd would help, similar price, and great gas mileage

I'll keep my eye on Elantras and Mazda's as well. CX3 doesn't look bad at all, regular Mazda 3 looks pretty sweet as well.

Weird issue with the Mazdas. Seems like everything Mazda in the city are priced 3 or 4 grand higher than what national sites are saying they should be. If I drive 35 miles to Ogden I can get some better prices. Isn't that kinda weird?

Check out the Elantras too.
Wrens right check out the Elantras.

I have one myself and really dig the sporty look for the cheap price. Also excellent gas mileage. I only fill gas once a week now compared to 2-3 times a week I did with my suv.

Only major complaint I have with it is that I should have gotten a 6 cylinder. 4 cylinders suck ass.

Did they specifically state games on there? Theres plenty of Angry Birds merch and I know most kids eat up those fat stuffed versions.
It said "Angry Birds games". Target and Walmart had none of those or Beyblades. I walked up and down the Walmart aisles for awhile and finally asked an employee if they had any. She walked down the aisles and didn't find anything either and then suggested I sign up for an Amazon Prime trial to get free 2-day shipping. I found that funny but then appreciated her effort because I'm sure she knew it was for Christmas and I'd need them quick.

I ended up ordering them on Amazon for delivery on Monday. Amazon was the original plan but with traveling, work, getting sick and procrastinating I was on a timeline to bring them into work tomorrow for the toy pickup. Guess I'll have to drop the toys off at the mall myself. I hope they're picking up as late as Tuesday otherwise I my nephew will get some extra gifts.

I think it's about time for a new car. Considering a Corolla, Civic, or Cruze right now. Something that size for sure.
I love my Cruze and would recommend them.

I'm sure this is a feature for most newer cars but I like the ability to auto start the car/warm up the engine. It's been super fucking cold here this week. We've been getting nightly freeze warnings since it's been in the 30s. About 10 mins before I leave in the mornings I'll open my house door, start the car/heater from the house, and it'll be ready to go when I am. It helps when you gotta defrost the fucking windows.

Let me know what you get. I've literally been considering the same cars. I haven't been able to justify a purchase yet while my current car still runs perfectly though.

Wrens right check out the Elantras.

I have one myself and really dig the sporty look for the cheap price. Also excellent gas mileage. I only fill gas once a week now compared to 2-3 times a week I did with my suv.

Only major complaint I have with it is that I should have gotten a 6 cylinder. 4 cylinders suck ass.
I've got the 2013 GT. Gets around 33-35 at 70-75mph most of the time depending on the weather. I like it quite a bit.

I'll keep my eye on Elantras and Mazda's as well. CX3 doesn't look bad at all, regular Mazda 3 looks pretty sweet as well.

Weird issue with the Mazdas. Seems like everything Mazda in the city are priced 3 or 4 grand higher than what national sites are saying they should be. If I drive 35 miles to Ogden I can get some better prices. Isn't that kinda weird?
As a guy that works in auto loans, stick to foreign, cars will keep their value better trust me, we even look at that when doing decisions on cars. Hyundai is a great auto company they do have the best factory warranty on the market. 60,000 for everything, 100,000 for drivetrain. Wife and I both had hyundai's, anything happened we took it to the dealer and it was handled.

The Mazda CX-3 is a new model that just came out in October. Look at reviews, they are getting high marks for features and even power. Don't let the 143 (I think) hp fool you, it's the lightest suv on the market, making the torque much higher and more powerful, not to mention great gas mileage as a result (32 mpg). The starting 20,000 price tag is great, for a $1000 more you should be able to get all premium fetuses as well. Sun roof, heated seats, Bose sound, etc. it's a new great value.

Both Hyundai and Mazda are great options!

Was that Fry's deal actually live?  I read the SD thread and it seemed like nobody ever got one since it was in store only and there wasn't any stock anywhere, and they fixed the glitch pretty quickly.

I've been in the market for another PS3 ever since my 60GB I was using for media streaming YLOD'ed on me.  I've been using an old 360 as my media streamer but the UI is painfully slow.

I think I need to just break down and get a Roku.

Tyler just to contrast what everyone is saying about Hyundai, my ex just had the engine lock down in her Sonata at around 50k miles a couple months back. It's a 2011 though so a little older than what you'd be looking at I'm sure. But besides that she's had numerous problems ranging from the steering column to speakers and window controls shorting out, even door handles that stopped working. Now the front end is vibrating and making noise. I'm not around to know how the car is being treated now but I can't imagine anything she could be doing to it to cause all these problems.

Was that Fry's deal actually live? I read the SD thread and it seemed like nobody ever got one since it was in store only and there wasn't any stock anywhere, and they fixed the glitch pretty quickly.

I've been in the market for another PS3 ever since my 60GB I was using for media streaming YLOD'ed on me. I've been using an old 360 as my media streamer but the UI is painfully slow.

When I clicked the link about an hour and a half ago it still showed $19.99, it just said not available in stores.

Tyler just to contrast what everyone is saying about Hyundai, my ex just had the engine lock down in her Sonata at around 50k miles a couple months back. It's a 2011 though so a little older than what you'd be looking at I'm sure. But besides that she's had numerous problems ranging from the steering column to speakers and window controls shorting out, even door handles that stopped working. Now the front end is vibrating and making noise. I'm not around to know how the car is being treated now but I can't imagine anything she could be doing to it to cause all these problems.
Of course every manufacturer has their lemons but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Was that Fry's deal actually live? I read the SD thread and it seemed like nobody ever got one since it was in store only and there wasn't any stock anywhere, and they fixed the glitch pretty quickly.

I've been in the market for another PS3 ever since my 60GB I was using for media streaming YLOD'ed on me. I've been using an old 360 as my media streamer but the UI is painfully slow.

You should have jumped on that Disney Infinity PS3 bundle Gamestop had. They still have it but it is 176 now. I think it was like 112 when I got one for the kid. You would have to add your own hard drive to have any real storage, but those are cheap enough anyway. I just pulled one out of a dead laptop.

ONE?

Wow that sucks.
I'll have two in a little over a year once I've been with the company for 5 years. But the way it works with us being off so much during the holidays (I'm basically volunteering for extra work this year), that one week is usually reserved for that so I'd probably save the other in case I got sick or something. I know it sounds terrible but I really do have a pretty decent job for the area I live in.

The only real bad thing about my job is that I have kind of a supervisor-lite position, where I have lots of the responsibilities of a supervisor but with none of the benefits. Like instead of being paid a salary, I'm paid by the hour. A huge chunk of my income is from overtime pay. Which is another reason I prefer actually working over holiday pay/vacation pay.

There's a huge update heading to Minecraft on consoles: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/17/mega-minecraft-update-coming-to-consoles

Full notes from the Minecraft wiki:

Additions

• Items
    Armor Stand, Raw Rabbit, Cooked Rabbit, Rabbit Stew, Raw Mutton, Cooked Mutton, Rabbit’s Foot, Rabbit Hide, Potion of Leaping, Potion of Water Breathing, Salmon, Cooked Salmon, Clownfish, Pufferfish, Blue Orchid, Allium, Azure Bluet, Tulips, Oxeye Daisy, Sunflower, Lilac, Poppy (replaces Rose), Rose Bush, Peony, Double Tall Grass, Large Ferns, Prismarine Crystals, Prismarine Shard.
  • Creative Mode only: Rabbit Spawn Egg, Endermite Spawn Egg, and Guardian Spawn Egg.

[*]Blocks
  • Podzol, Granite, Polished Granite, Andesite, Polished Andesite, Diorite, Polished Diorite, Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Red Sand, Red Sandstone, Smooth Red Sandstone, Chiseled Red Sandstone, Red Sandstone Stairs, Sea Lanterns, Wet Sponge, Slime Blocks, Coarse Dirt, Packed Ice, Acacia Saplings, Dark Oak Saplings.

[*]Mobs
  • Endermite, Guardian, Elder Guardian, Rabbit, Chicken Jockey.

[*]Biomes
  • Mesa, Mega Taiga, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Forest, Savanna, Extreme Hills+, Deep Ocean, Snowless Taiga, 20 new Technical Biomes.

[*]Structures
  • Ocean Monument

[*]Enchantments
  • Luck of the Sea, Lure, Depth Strider

Changes

[*]Enchanting

[*]Nether portal
  • New nether portal building rules: Any rectangular shape from 4x5 to 23x23
  • If the portal in the nether is big enough, ghasts can travel through.
  • Will now be activated by any fire block within the frame.

[*]Blocks

[*]Items

[*]Mobs

[*]Generation
  • Melons can now be found in jungle biomes similar to pumpkins.
  • Swamp biomes now spawn with blue orchid flowers, and the coast is covered in staggered dirt block with lily pads between them.
  • Plains biomes now generate with azure bluets, oxeye daises, tulips and double tall grass.
  • Extreme hills biomes now have snow at higher elevations, gravel, flat valleys near sea level and are slightly higher.
  • Ocean biomes contains only gravel on the floor instead of sand, dirt and gravel.
  • Desert temples now spawn with stained clay instead of dyed wool.

[*]Created a new tutorial world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back