PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

I actually thought I had Darksiders 2 from PS+, but it was the first game instead. I wouldn't bother buying the PS3 version at this point but since I have it I'll probably play it.

Saw this review for Comixology...

"Good app, bad subscription The app does what it does really well. Love it for reading and buying comics. If there was nothing else to it, I'd rate it higher. The new subscription is super lackluster though and this review is for the entire app and experience. Selection of Unlimited is awful and very clearly meant to manipulate you into buying more books. Only a couple of volumes of some books are available. Nothing very recent. It's just meant to be a taste so you go buy later issues. It's a good plan for them, bad for users."

yeah and they pronounce it coocoo. Like coocoo for cocoa puffs.

Why am I awake. Arg

What the fuck is this mess?

Get your shit together wren
[/QUOTE]yeah I was drunk and tired. I saw it was fuck ed up but didnt give a fuck as I tried to fix it once and then just said fuck it. fuck

fuck.

fuck ing penguins

and lol at wanting to play fuck ing stupid, 10 year old, outdated technology PS3 games.

this a big enough fuck ing mess for you asshole?

Last edited by a moderator:
Played some more TMNT last night.  It's a fun game, but not something I would pay $50 for.  Renting it for a night or two is about right for me.

I probably played for about 4 hours total and still have three bosses left, so I would say 5-6 hours to complete the story.  Some of the bosses were a little more troublesome than others, but nothing overly difficult (I played on Normal).  When fighting the bosses, there can be a lot going on on-screen at one time with all four turtles in on the action, so I found it hard to judge when to block or counter a move and instead I spent a lot of time just jumping and mashing the two attack buttons.

I also didn't find myself switching turtles all that much, but the AI turtles do a good job of putting their abilities to use.  I don't think I used the communication feature once outside of the tutorial; I kept forgetting about it, but also didn't really feel the need for it.

I'll rent it again to finish up the story, and I should probably check out some of the other Platinum games to see how it compares.

I'm sorry, hate was probably the wrong word there... how about "surprised at the lack of unabashed hard ons for the game"? Jimbo said he raged quit the game and wren didn't bother finishing it so that was shocking enough for me apparently.

And lmao at you guys that can't be bothered to play PS3 games... that's seeming to become some kind of a weird trend in here.
I got as far as beating
Stygian on 360. I can't remember what it was exactly that made me stop playing. I think I couldn't beat the boss at the end of Chapter 4 or maybe had some platforming issues reaching him. Again not 100% sure but remember just saying fuck it and moved on to something else.

I got as far as beating
Stygian on 360. I can't remember what it was exactly that made me stop playing. I think I couldn't beat the boss at the end of Chapter 4 or maybe had some platforming issues reaching him. Again not 100% sure but remember just saying fuck it and moved on to something else.
Something like this was why I stopped playing it too. Couldnt get past some jumping part and the game was just meh to me so I said fuck it and moved on. I also was just a one game at a time kind of guy back then and didnt give as much a fuck about trophies.

Finally gonna jump on Overwatch tonight. I got my CE in yesterday and like it a lot for the price I paid ($76) but managed to fall asleep waiting for the patch to install.

So whats the point of being invaded? Some fat fuck invaded me and just killed me in one shot. Seems retarded.
It's to balance out the ability to summon co-op phantoms. When you are human, you can summon 2 other players or NPC summons, but other players can invade your world. You can either be good and acquire humanity by being summoned to help kill bosses or you can be bad and acquire humanity by invading and killing human players. Some people like that added challenge, but I don't really. As you are pretty early in the game, it's probably a low level twink who was specifically made to troll by artificially keeping their soul level low so they can curbstomp new players.

If you don't want to be invaded you can either play offline or stay hollow (which prevents invasions) until you need help to defeat a boss or you want to kindle a bonfire. Unlike the other Souls games there is no HP penalty for not being in human form.

Yo Vig/Chewy/whoever else got Downwell

Do those levels that go up at the end of every level from collecting gems do anything?  Like add to any permanent stats to make the following runs easier?  I haven't noticed any thing different when I fill the meter, but then again I haven't got very far.

Yo Vig/Chewy/whoever else got Downwell

Do those levels that go up at the end of every level from collecting gems do anything? Like add to any permanent stats to make the following runs easier? I haven't noticed any thing different when I fill the meter, but then again I haven't got very far.
Do you mean the Gem meter that fills up when you die? You unlock other color palettes and a few other "styles" that may make the game easier (e.g., Boulder Style: Start with 6 HP instead of 4, but you get one less upgrade to choose from after each level).

Tyler, you might want to consider getting the Drake Sword to make a large chunk of Dark Souls easier for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVdcdXNowU

Do you mean the Gem meter that fills up when you die? You unlock other color palettes and a few other "styles" that may make the game easier (e.g., Boulder Style: Start with 6 HP instead of 4, but you get one less upgrade to choose from after each level).
Yeah that's the one. I forgot about the styles unlocking since I've only got one so far. Glad to see there's a way to get more HP. I made it past the first area into level 4 once, but usually crap out end of level 2/early 3.

Neon Chrome hits PS4 on 5/31. It's a cyberpunk top-down twinstick roguelike with 2-4 local co-op. Lots of cybernetic upgrades you can get and such. Kinda reminds me of Hotline Miami with the way some of the combat looks.

It came out 4/28 on Steam and has an amazing 103 reviews, but 96% positive. No price on the blog but the Steam version is $15.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/25/7-things-you-should-do-in-neon-chrome-out-531/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tod45DKqMa8

Here's some more footage from the PC version since the trailer is really short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDAkVKO6rqI

http://store.steampowered.com/app/428750/

Saw this review for Comixology...

"Good app, bad subscription The app does what it does really well. Love it for reading and buying comics. If there was nothing else to it, I'd rate it higher. The new subscription is super lackluster though and this review is for the entire app and experience. Selection of Unlimited is awful and very clearly meant to manipulate you into buying more books. Only a couple of volumes of some books are available. Nothing very recent. It's just meant to be a taste so you go buy later issues. It's a good plan for them, bad for users."
This review seems pretty much spot on. Not all titles are available and some only have a few issues (the entire Preacher series is only available for purchase). If there is anything you guys want me to look up before you take the plunge to sign up for yourselves just let me know, but otherwise I'll probably cancel in the next couple of days. It's hilarious that the sub is called "unlimited"... as if they purposely tried to choose the word that was most opposite of what the service provided.

lol@ wren trying to give me his small pecker
826OBiq9U4RLa.gif

This review seems pretty much spot on. Not all titles are available and some only have a few issues (the entire Preacher series is only available for purchase). If there is anything you guys want me to look up before you take the plunge to sign up for yourselves just let me know, but otherwise I'll probably cancel in the next couple of days.
Thanks for checking up on all that. I'll probably just stick with trying to grab stuff in 99cent sales.

By the way, I did spend extra for beer last night but Top Golf is ridiculous.  A pitcher of Jai Alai was $25!!! JFC.  Never again Top Golf! Ill still hit some balls (ha) but no more way over priced beer there.

By the way, I did spend extra for beer last night but Top Golf is ridiculous. A pitcher of Jai Alai was $25!!! JFC. Never again Top Golf! Ill still hit some balls (ha) but no more way over priced beer there.
Yeah I spent like $50 when I went last week. Fun as hell though.

Score Rush Extended is coming to PS4 on 5/31. It's a shmup but it's got support for 4 players in local co-op which is odd.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/25/score-rush-extended-brings-pure-shmup-bliss-to-ps4-on-may-31/
Definitely looks cool. Hopefully not too expensive.

I was driving to popeyes on monday and drove past a huge top golf complex that i had no idea existed. Guess ill have to check it out one of these days.

Pinball league is starting up again and I'm playing at a bar again, but I went to the practice night last night and Sprint data service seems to not work well at all at this location. Says it's LTE, but that's a joke. I couldn't get untappd to update at all. I had to post to untappd after I got home. Sucks. But good beer on tap and a nice lineup of games which is only going to get better once the Ghostbusters LE arrives.

Just got an email for something called an Amazon Business upgrade for free. It seems to be meant for a business so that everyone orders from the same account but it appears to have some features non-businesses may find interesting. I don't know if it is a new thing.

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=11261610011

*At the $49.99+ order free shipping tier you are upgraded to two-day shipping instead of super saver shipping.

*You can add other users and give them spending limits as well as allow for your approval before the purchase goes through (I could see how that would be useful for children if you want to give them some autonomy to make their own purchases)

*Special prices on business related items, I assume that would be things like toner and paper.

It can mix with prime, but only the primary account holder gets access to the benefits, the added users don't get 2 day shipping on orders of any size below $50.

Pretty crazy to think 20 years ago this day that Bradley Nowell from Sublime died. Can't believe that Self Titled album is that old. I know there's some other Sublime fans here. I'm going to a 20th anniversary show tonight with this band Falling Idols that's only played 3 shows since they broke up in the 80's. Plus Bradley became a father shortly before his death. Well his son now plays in a band called LAW and they're playing too. Should be a good show as lots of people are flying in from over the country.

Pretty crazy to think 20 years ago this day that Bradley Nowell from Sublime died. Can't believe that Self Titled album is that old. I know there's some other Sublime fans here. I'm going to a 20th anniversary show tonight with this band Falling Idols that's only played 3 shows since they broke up in the 80's. Plus Bradley became a father shortly before his death. Well his son now plays in a band called LAW and they're playing too. Should be a good show as lots of people are flying in from over the country.
All this really does is make me feel old as shit. :) Have fun at your show.

bread's done
Back