PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

fuck I hate customer service people who just don't understand what you're looking for.

I sent an email to Amazon saying I wanted to buy Overwatch but it wasn't taking 20% off the $48 price. Everyone said to do chat but I just sent an email. I got a response back saying amazon doesn't price match other retail outlets, but I could let them know if I see a lower price by clicking this link.

Ok but that's not what I asked you at all.

I was trying to order the item at the link below, but the 20% prime discount isn't applying:

Overwatch link

The price is $48.99, but when I add it to my cart, it comes up as $47.99. Per the prime benefits section, it should be 20% off since it's a new release, but it isn't coming up that way.
Didn't mention another store at all so what the hell.

They only take 20% off "list price", which apparently means MSRP. If you battle them in chat you might get them to concede and give you 20% off the $49 price, but then you're no better than all the other people on the site who whine to CS to save a couple extra bucks they don't really deserve.

Just FYI. Doesn't explain the bizarre email response. Email is definitely the worst way to contact amazon I've found, they regularly fail to understand what I'm asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
They only take 20% off "list price", which apparently means MSRP. If you battle them in chat you might get them to concede and give you 20% off the $49 price, but then you're no better than all the other people on the site who whine to CS to save a couple extra bucks they don't really deserve.

Just FYI. Doesn't explain the bizarre email response. Email is definitely the worst way to contact amazon I've found, they regularly fail to understand what I'm asking.
There's apparently a 15 page thread about this on the front page of CAG. Gross.

That would be fine if they responded with that, I wouldn't fight them. My issue is with the fact that their email back had nothing to do with the actual question I was asking.

Amazon email is absolutely terrible.

No Man's Sky is the next release I have preordered so a delay is actually somewhat of a bummer but maybe I can use the extra time to go through some of my backlog...

There's a funny angry gamer vid about it, there was this one fucking miserable one length jump that was just nearly impossible. Except apparently you could walk over it, which I never knew. And failed it hundreds of times.
You can even skip going through that part of the level and jump straight up to that platform from below.

That fucking game.

Out of curiosity, you planning to go back to Far Cry Primal at all?
Yeah when it's $10 from Gamefly or somewhere I'll probably go back. I didn't hate it, but it didn't hook me enough to even get me to complete it by June for whenever that trade in date was. I traded it in for $36 or whatever it was at the time, I didn't want to give up that trade in price so I basically just got my money back.

There's a few things I like more about Salt and Sanctuary than I do Dark Souls

• Sanctuaries are closer to boss fights than bonfires are to bosses. Lots of covering the same area over and over in Dark Souls if you have trouble with a boss.
  • Salt and Sanctuary lets you have to L/R hand loadouts, but doesn't count both of them against your encumberance. It only counts whichever one you're currently using. WAY better than Dark Souls system. I don't even use a 2nd loadout to give me extra room for better armor and weapons.
  • Fast travel is way better implemented in Salt and Sanctuary.

Yeah when it's $10 from Gamefly or somewhere I'll probably go back. I didn't hate it, but it didn't hook me enough to even get me to complete it by June for whenever that trade in date was. I traded it in for $36 or whatever it was at the time, I didn't want to give up that trade in price so I basically just got my money back.
Ah gotcha, that worked out then. Was hoping it wasn't gathering dust on your shelf.

Ah gotcha, that worked out then. Was hoping it wasn't gathering dust on your shelf.
Nah I'm real good at getting valuable games in and out the door. I beat most of them, but once in a while I just ship them out and will wait for a much cheaper price down the road. Same thing might happen with Doom.

Damn, I probably wouldn't have needed to cancel my NMS then. Too late though. Still secretly hoping for a delay on star ocean or technomancer. Since they come out on the same day, and i really want to play them both.

I think I mentioned this before, but like 15 years ago I hooked up an nes and played that godforsaken tmnt game for hours drunk in the middle of the day. My roommate got so fed up with it and my failures that he ripped it out of the nes, ran outside with it and threw it in the street in front of a car.

Nah I'm real good at getting valuable games in and out the door. I beat most of them, but once in a while I just ship them out and will wait for a much cheaper price down the road. Same thing might happen with Doom.
I should have picked up Doom too but made the mistake of thinking Uncharted 4 would take longer than it did for me. Oh well.

As for Primal it's definitely not a bad game but it is my second least fun plat this year after Murdered Soul Suspect. Far Cry 3 and 4 just had so much more cool shit to do.

There's a few things I like more about Salt and Sanctuary than I do Dark Souls

• Sanctuaries are closer to boss fights than bonfires are to bosses. Lots of covering the same area over and over in Dark Souls if you have trouble with a boss.
  • Salt and Sanctuary lets you have to L/R hand loadouts, but doesn't count both of them against your encumberance. It only counts whichever one you're currently using. WAY better than Dark Souls system. I don't even use a 2nd loadout to give me extra room for better armor and weapons.
  • Fast travel is way better implemented in Salt and Sanctuary.
That's why I use the second hands for light things like spell casting tools; Pyro flame is weightless, talismans (miracles) are 0.3, and catalysts (spells) range from 0.5 to 5.0; or bows which are 0.5 to 1.0.

Ya, you don't get fast travel till halfway through the game in DS1, and only to certain bonfires. DS2 you have it from the start and can fast travel to any lit bonfire, it saves so much backtracking.

Downwell on PS4 is not working for me. Says to use this application you must update it. But there's no update. Is it working for anyone? I tried deleting and reinstalling but it didn't help. And if I search for it in the store it shows a price as if I didn't own it.

I got that 3 months of spotify for 99 cents deal and I should be using it to discover new music, but I keep just listening to stuff I already own.
I go through phases of listening to a lot of the same stuff. But I do like their Discover Weekly playlists. It gets updated/reset every Monday so if you don't add the songs to your library/other playlists then you lose whatever tracks they were recommending. They also have a New Music Fridays playlist. So many playlists!

I actually hit the limit on how many songs you can download for offline play. It's at least 1500. At work they blocked streaming music/video apps for the most part so I tend to go online while home and stay offline at work to save my data. Tidal still works though.

On the HBO app I noticed they have the pilot for Outcast. It's some sort of demon/possession story that premieres on Cinemax on June 3. Robert Kirkman the creator of The Walking Dead executive produces it. I might watch it but I don't have Cinemax to continue watching if I like it.

I got that 3 months of spotify for 99 cents deal and I should be using it to discover new music, but I keep just listening to stuff I already own.
I didn't qualify for that deal because I already used a free trial. But I did get offered three months for $9.99, which is basically two free months, so I took that deal.

But yeah just old familiar stuff so far. Need to find new bands.

I tried watching 3rd Rock From The Sun cause I heard good things about it but the laugh track every 5 seconds immediately killed it for me.

I tried watching 3rd Rock From The Sun cause I heard good things about it but the laugh track every 5 seconds immediately killed it for me.
Laugh tracks don't bug me that bad unless they're obnoxious and outrageous, like hooting and stuff. 3rd Rock from the Sun is perfectly fine, but not sure it's really worth going back to. Episode to episode, the plots are very similar (usually Dick does something to piss Mary off, with hilarious consequences)

That's why I use the second hands for light things like spell casting tools; Pyro flame is weightless, talismans (miracles) are 0.3, and catalysts (spells) range from 0.5 to 5.0; or bows which are 0.5 to 1.0.

Ya, you don't get fast travel till halfway through the game in DS1, and only to certain bonfires. DS2 you have it from the start and can fast travel to any lit bonfire, it saves so much backtracking.
I don't know how to learn spells or miracles or whatever.

Laugh tracks don't bug me that bad unless they're obnoxious and outrageous, like hooting and stuff. 3rd Rock from the Sun is perfectly fine, but not sure it's really worth going back to. Episode to episode, the plots are very similar (usually Dick does something to piss Mary off, with hilarious consequences)
It was literally like every 20-30 seconds. I couldn't stand it but sounds like I'm not missing much.

I think I've said it here before, but I've turned off episodes of Married with Children in the past because I couldn't stand the ridiculous audience sounds. I like the show, but shut the fuck up already.

I didn't qualify for that deal because I already used a free trial. But I did get offered three months for $9.99, which is basically two free months, so I took that deal.

But yeah just old familiar stuff so far. Need to find new bands.
Best bands/albums I've heard so far this year that I can think of if you want to check them out:

Black Mountain-iv
Car seat headrest-teens of denial
Radiohead-moon shaped pool
Aesop rock-impossible kid

I think I've said it here before, but I've turned off episodes of Married with Children in the past because I couldn't stand the ridiculous audience sounds. I like the show, but shut the fuck up already.
That's weird that I was never bothered by the laugh track in that show. Maybe cause the jokes were actually funny.

bread's done
Back