PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

back to dead star!
Pvpi7UwjQCmIXXkDWKZe_George%20Disgusted.gif

Man, I thought the new X-men movie was really disappointing.  Such a good cast, but awful writing, and even some of the effects were laughable.  I can't believe Singer did that one.

And for some reason I thought Gambit was going to be in this one.  I guess he's just in a stand-alone that comes out later?

I did see the preview for the Assassin's Creed movie, and surprising it looks like it might not entirely suck.  I'm sure it still will find a way to be awful, but it's got a great cast and setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I thought the new X-men movie was really disappointing. Such a good cast, but awful writing, and even some of the effects were laughable. I can't believe Singer did that one.

And for some reason I thought Gambit was going to be in this one. I guess he's just in a stand-alone that comes out later?

I did see the preview for the Assassin's Creed movie, and surprising it looks like it might not entirely suck. I'm sure it still will find a way to be awful, but it's got a great cast and setting.
Lesson learned: skip the 9th X-Men movie

And of course Assassin's Creed will suck. It will suck hard.

Man, I thought the new X-men movie was really disappointing. Such a good cast, but awful writing, and even some of the effects were laughable. I can't believe Singer did that one.

And for some reason I thought Gambit was going to be in this one. I guess he's just in a stand-alone that comes out later?

I did see the preview for the Assassin's Creed movie, and surprising it looks like it might not entirely suck. I'm sure it still will find a way to be awful, but it's got a great cast and setting.
Honestly, I find all the X-Men movies disappointing. I heard nothing but great things about Days of Future Past but I thought it was pretty boring. I think it's cause I have such high hopes for them, especially this next one as Apocalypse is one of my favorite villains.

Honestly, I find all the X-Men movies disappointing. I heard nothing but great things about Days of Future Past but I thought it was pretty boring. I think it's cause I have such high hopes for them, especially this next one as Apocalypse is one of my favorite villains.
I haven't seen Apocalypse yet, but I've seen all the prior movies and X-men, X2, and First Class are the only ones I'd consider worth watching.

2 > First Class > Days > 1 > 3 > the really terrible Wolverine movie. I haven't seen the other Wolverine movie, i heard its a bit better.
I'm not a huge comic fan like most here but I always kinda enjoyed the X-Men movies. Maybe I just don't expect much from them. I enjoyed X-Men Origins:Wolverine but I'm probably the only one from what others say.

2 > First Class > Days > 1 > 3 > the really terrible Wolverine movie. I haven't seen the other Wolverine movie, i heard its a bit better.
Both Wolverine movies sucked. Days had time travel and Sentinels, both of which are absolutely terrible story elements in general.

That's weird. Are you sure it wasn't mis-tagged as some other game? Even if the sticker said $9.99, the price should have been $4.99 for that game due to the barcode.

EDIT: Never mind, I just tried to place an in-store hold for a copy and I can see the two prices ($4.99 online vs. $9.99 in-store). I can't remember ever seeing that before.
Fairly common. They won't match the online price either.

Anyone ever hear of or try Slim Chickens? Looks like chicken tenders and wings mostly, which being a fan of Zaxby's and Raising Cane's, means this could be in my wheelhouse for fast food chicken.

https://slimchickens.com/
They opened a Raising Canes here and I've been meaning to try it. I'm going to see X-Men tomorrow and the theater is by a Chikfila so I'll probably eat there after instead.

I hear the latest season of Orphan Black is heating up. Today I've been catching up on season 3. I've got 2 episodes left!

They opened a Raising Canes here and I've been meaning to try it. I'm going to see X-Men tomorrow and the theater is by a Chikfila so I'll probably eat there after instead.

I hear the latest season of Orphan Black is heating up. Today I've been catching up on season 3. I've got 2 episodes left!
Lots of crazy stuff going on in s4. A lot of setup since things are changing quite a bit but hopefully the last few episodes will bring it all together. It's not as fun as s3 was.

I just remembered how I got introduced to Protomen. There's this crazy Japanese movie based on an anime or something called Casshern. I saw it while I was working at Hollywood Video back in 2005. Looked online before deciding to rent it and came across this video of it. I did watch the movie which was insane and weird as hell but the music caught my interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZvHaHIaRdA

Days of Future Past > First Class

Mostly because while they totally wasted Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost, Quicksilver was awesome. Hard to believe there was a time people thought the Avengers 2 Quicksilver would be the better version.

Both movies had too much Mystique.

Days of Future Past is based on one of the best X-Men stories of all time.

I think I didn't like it that much cause there wasn't enough Sentinels.

I guess there's a secret level on Octodad. Google'd it to see what it was about, and the top result was some fucking idiot screaming nonsense at the top of his lungs. 2 million views.

I fucking hate the internet.

If you like chicken tenders, go to Raising Cane's. The menu's basically chicken tenders, crinkle cut fries, little tubs of coleslaw, and texas toast.
I'm pretty picky on my fries and coleslaw as well as dipping sauce for tenders. Do they have buffalo? Any place that sells tenders/nuggets and doesn't offer buffalo sauce and ranch separately are bullshit!

I finished Orphan Black season 3. One of the two big shockers at the end was spoiled for me and then a plot point this season relating to it was also spoiled for me on Tumblr. Not a big deal though.

I was telling my friend that I hope we get a good end to the series and it doesn't get canceled and we end up with no resolution or more questions than answers. He sent me this article that says they planned for 5 seasons and could continue after if the audience is still there.
http://m.eonline.com/news/648708/wait-orphan-black-already-has-a-series-finale-end-date

As much as I love seeing Tatiana Maslany's face I wouldn't want a show to outlast its welcome. With the way season 3 ended it seemed like they were getting some big answers and I wasn't sure how long they could keep things up. That news comforts me. I like when a show has a planned beginning and ending and can minimize the filler and have a full story told.

I'm pretty picky on my fries and coleslaw as well as dipping sauce for tenders. Do they have buffalo? Any place that sells tenders/nuggets and doesn't offer buffalo sauce and ranch separately are bullshit!
Nope. They only have a Cane's dipping sauce which is like the one Zaxby's has. And ketchup. I did tell them on Facebook a few weeks back a Buffalo option would be a great idea.

The coleslaw has more mayo in it than this pic but everything else looks the same.

the-box-hero.jpg

Has anyone watched The White Queen? It has the hot chick from Mission Impossible Rogue Nation. I would like to see her face more.

Love how all of the NBA experts on ESPN earlier in the week were saying it was over for the Warriors.  Game 7 Monday night.

This dude is like the supersized homophobic version of Therm:

One time in my gym class, a person (not me, honest) said f*** and the teacher with these faggoty shorts stopped class for five minutes just to try to find the culprit

Don't use "faggoty" as a pejorative term to describe your dick-bag gym teacher.
No, that's the way he looked with those shorts. Like a total fag. It's not a knock on homosexuals. He just looked gross with them.

X-men First Class lost me when they killed off the character whose power is that he's literally unkillable.  That and January Jones being plain awful in it.

Decent besides that, but I enjoyed Days of Future Past much more.

I've only seen the first two X-Men movies, plus Days of Future Past. Liked all of them. I have the Blu-Rays for the others. I should watch those someday. Going to see Apocalypse in a couple hours.

I'm not a huge comic fan like most here but I always kinda enjoyed the X-Men movies. Maybe I just don't expect much from them. I enjoyed X-Men Origins:Wolverine but I'm probably the only one from what others say.
don't listen to all the comic book nerds wolverine origins was a fun movie.

I agree with this ranking. I might consider Days and 1 about even, though. The second Wolverine wasn't bad. You should check it out. I'd throw it above 3.

bread's done
Back