PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

My daughter calls the flash games on cartoon network and nickelodeon.come "video games". Which would be true if they came on a cartridge from 30 years ago

RE0 has held up better than I expected. It's my first RE game and I was expecting to not like it at all, but it's fun so far despite the weird camera and clunky inventory/pickup system. Just finished the train so far, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So maybe driveclub doesn't totally suck, but I definitely suck at it. I can't figure out the proper way to handle tighter corners - no combination of letting off the gas/braking/accelerating/hand brake/drifting seems to help.

Edit - I created a psnot club, room for 5. Feel free to join but if you have a higher level club available with accolades go for it.

Ticketmaster vouchers for some class action lawsuit - https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers

They gave me 4 vouchers for 2 general admission tickets. The link isn't working for the list of what they will work on but it appears, based on what I saw on livenation http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.114030471.1855936538.1445975334, they'll work on concerts, first come first serve, and 4 for 2.25 off a ticket.
I got 7 x $2.25 vouchers, 2 x $5 UPS credits, 7 x free 2 ticket GA concert off a list that hasn't been posted.

I'm so happy CLE won, LeBron gets way too unfairly hated on and he's obviously still head and shoulders above everybody else. Curry should be roasted, he was awful doing behind the back passes with under 2 minutes in the Finals smh. Kyrie is a G, he earned all my respect for sure. To come back and win against that team was awesome. 

Yup, the Complete All Mission Challenges trophy in DOOM is screwed up for me. I finished the last challenge multiple times after downloading my Plus cloud save, but it didn't pop. I might have to wait for the patch.

#thanksbethesda

Ticketmaster vouchers for some class action lawsuit - https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers

They gave me 4 vouchers for 2 general admission tickets. The link isn't working for the list of what they will work on but it appears, based on what I saw on livenation http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement?_ga=1.114030471.1855936538.1445975334, they'll work on concerts, first come first serve, and 4 for 2.25 off a ticket.
I checked this out yesterday, and I had about 10 vouchers. A mix of free tickets and discounted tickets. Apparently what shows are covered by it will be listed eventually. Hoping I can score some good free shows!

I'm so happy CLE won, LeBron gets way too unfairly hated on and he's obviously still head and shoulders above everybody else. Curry should be roasted, he was awful doing behind the back passes with under 2 minutes in the Finals smh. Kyrie is a G, he earned all my respect for sure. To come back and win against that team was awesome.
I'm very happy for Cleveland, but I dislike LeBron with how he handled leaving Cleveland. And I wish an all-time great season wasn't wasted.
Also LeBron stepping over green is still bullshit.

Traded some stuff in at GS today, ended up getting $60 for my launch dualshock thanks to a bonus $10 for PUR members this month. So heads up for those that are.
Thank you for posting this! I didn't know about this deal before reading your post. Although I'm sure Vig or Therm prob posted about it and I just didn't catch it.
I found a store with an Uncharted ds4. All stores I called were out but one store evidently had a bunch. Traded in a launch black DS4 that had a squeaky L2 button and a few old DS3's. Worked out nicely.

Yeah the whole "Decision" thing with LeBron I'll never let him live down. I'll never like him or cheer for him or want him to win. Would have been happy to see him not ever win a title besides the two they manufactured in Miami.

The Warriors suck ass though. 15-9 in the playoffs after going 73-9 in the regular season. What a meltdown. Curry came off as nothing but a punk all series.

I'm very happy for Cleveland, but I dislike LeBron with how he handled leaving Cleveland. And I wish an all-time great season wasn't wasted.
I remember being happy for Boston when they finally won the World Series. Boy do I regret that.

Green is an annoying bitch so I found it all hilarious but at least he has balls, nobody else on GS did. I was mad about the decision myself, but people make mistakes and he seems to be a genuinely decent person so I look past that old shit and appreciate his immensely special gifts on the basketball court. He was amazing in the last few games and definitely is still the best player in the game. Steph really disappointed me, played like a complete idiot as did Klay. So determined to take threes even taking bad contested ones with open driving lanes smh. Great game for once, that was nice.

Mighty No. 9 reviews are up.

Destructoid: https://www.destructoid.com/review-mighty-no-9-366318.phtml

6.5/10

Following Mighty No. 9 has been one hell of a ride. Having backed it in 2013 at a low pledge level, I can't say that I'm exactly disappointed with the end result. It still has a lot of baggage to unload (the 3DS and Vita ports aren't even dated yet), but most Mega Man fans will find solace in the fact that it didn't end up being a disaster. Other than the art style, of course.
Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mighty-no-9-review/1900-6416453/

5/10

For a game that's meant to bear the legacy of a classic series, Mighty No. 9 barely succeeds. It may rouse excitement from time to time, but by and large, it lacks a pervading sense of artistry, both in its level design and presentation. Platformers--and even Mega Man-like games in particular--are readily available. For one to stand out and leave a mark, it has to do something novel that speaks to the player and the conventions of the genre; something to spark wonder and excitement. Mighty No. 9 is an inoffensively average game sprung from the memories of the past, with little to show for its position in the present.
IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/20/mighty-no-9-review

5.6/10

Despite its pedigree, Mighty No. 9 doesn’t seem to have a good sense of what was fun about Mega Man, or 2D action-platformers in general. There are brief moments where its pieces come together, but even then it’s hamstrung by its visually joyless art and animation. The soul of the Blue Bomber just isn’t here, and worse yet there’s no endearing personality of its own, and as a result, Mighty No. 9 feels much more like a second-rate imposter than a spiritual successor.
Push Square: http://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps4/mighty_no_9

6/10

Mighty No. 9 appears to be caught in two minds about whether it wants to make a Mega Man-style game for novices or veterans, and that indecision unfortunately prevents it from being anything close to mighty. Combine the release's well-meaning but misguided attempts at accessibility with sub-par graphics, puzzles, and an insane difficulty spike towards the end, and you end up with a title that's not very mega at all.
Ouch.

That's too bad, but about what everyone was expecting. I may still try and buy a code off of a disillusioned Kickstarter backer. Don't we have some in here?

I just do not get everyone being mad at Lebron for the decision thing.  If you want to hate him generally for leaving Cleveland or that you just think he is a douche, that is cool.  He seems to get the most shit for people thinking he orchestrated the entire ESPN special nonsense.  ESPN did that.  They knew either way it was fuel for all their talking heads.  If he stayed, they could praise him.  When he didn't, they had their villain.  Seems like a lot of people drank that glass of kool-aid.  

Should he have passed on doing it? Sure.  I am not going to fault the guy for agreeing to be on an ESPN special about himself though.  Like any other star athlete he should try and build his brand.  This time it ended up backfiring though.

Therm/kilik: Does Gamestop charge tax on store credit here in Tennessee? They don't in Indiana, but I know it depends on the state. Sucks if they do with the tax being higher here.

Therm/kilik: Does Gamestop charge tax on store credit here in Tennessee? They don't in Indiana, but I know it depends on the state. Sucks if they do with the tax being higher here.
They don't. Just to be sure, I checked my CC for a GS purchase last month. The game was $9.99, but $5.45 on the card after a $5 GS credit; it would have been ~$.50 more if the entire amount was taxed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3u0IlBBO4
I've never seen the movie but this looks pretty damn cool. Great cast. And I dunno why but I always like Jimmi Simpson no matter what he's in.

Here's the movie trailer. Decided to check it out just out of curiosity. It does give away a bit of what's going on, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4

I don't know anything about the source material this is based off of, but that looks awesome. Looks to have a lot of good actors in it too (including one of the McPoyles!).
Agree with this. I am glad to see there is something else that looks interesting in the works from HBO. Rumors are only one more season of GoT. I believe it is the same for The Leftovers.

The actor that played Scotty in the new Star Trek movies died in an accident yesterday. Apparently involved his own car in his driveway somehow.

I just do not get everyone being mad at Lebron for the decision thing. If you want to hate him generally for leaving Cleveland or that you just think he is a douche, that is cool. He seems to get the most shit for people thinking he orchestrated the entire ESPN special nonsense. ESPN did that. They knew either way it was fuel for all their talking heads. If he stayed, they could praise him. When he didn't, they had their villain. Seems like a lot of people drank that glass of kool-aid.

Should he have passed on doing it? Sure. I am not going to fault the guy for agreeing to be on an ESPN special about himself though. Like any other star athlete he should try and build his brand. This time it ended up backfiring though.
If I remember correctly, didn't all the proceeds from that special go to charity for the boys & girls club or something? And I also believe he has since admitted that he was listening to the wrong people back then and he regrets doing the special. Seems more humbled now.

I'm not a fan of just getting your friends together to manufacture a championship like he did in Miami, but I think he redeemed himself coming back. And the genuine emotion he showed last night after winning nice to see.

#TeamBron

Mighty No. 9 reviews are up.

Ouch.
I wonder what the scores would have been if they didn't know any of the development history and it was $15-20. So I'm guessing Polygon will probably do a high review score just to be contrarion.

So it seems like the gameplay mechanic they came up with is good, but the level design and art style isn't that interesting. I guess they should have saved a bunch of money and made it sprite based.

If I remember correctly, didn't all the proceeds from that special go to charity for the boys & girls club or something? And I also believe he has since admitted that he was listening to the wrong people back then and he regrets doing the special. Seems more humbled now.

I'm not a fan of just getting your friends together to manufacture a championship like he did in Miami, but I think he redeemed himself coming back. And the genuine emotion he showed last night after winning nice to see.

#TeamBron
Yeah the money went to charity.

Also, I am pretty sure every professional sports franchise is trying to "manufacture" a championship so I find it odd so many people didnt like that Lebron did it as a player. Basically its just jealousy that the Miami Heat werent your team. I get it.

bread's done
Back