PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

There's been a stomach virus running rampant through our house. One kid last Wed, one kid Sat and one kid Sunday night.

Now the wife finally has it today.

I haven't been touched by it yet.

Either I'm superhuman and indestructible, or I'm going to die once this mutated virus finally migrates over to me.

Died for a stupid reason (not being cautious enough and waiting another turn to heal) on the back-to-back-to-back boss fight that happens with Sin's Fins and the core before you go inside him.

I'e already given up on some of the sidequests (mainly because the Dark Aeons are guarding some temples) now I may just not bother finishing the game at all. I've got plenty other things to play regardless.

So mighty no 9 is actually not bad.  It's really ugly.  It's got weirdly low production values and really rough voice acting.  It's super cheap sometimes.  But it's pretty fun.  They were wise to put virtually no limitations on the dash - dashing around the screen with reckless abandon is entertaining (even if it leads to random deaths often).  the lack of an explanation wrt the why you would want to dash through enemies is a bizarre oversight but whatever, it gives you bonuses depending on the color that seem to be damage/speed boosts and maybe one that makes your bullets go through enemies instead of stopping which has questionable value?  I'm not sure yet.  There's a couple other weird bonuses I haven't figured out yet.

But the game is fun.  Hard, but fun (I haven't cleared the mighty no 1 stage yet because of some bullshit one hit kill move the boss suddenly remembered when I had him down to zero health).  The internet will shit on the game incessantly for sure, but so far I think it's probably undeserved.

So mighty no 9 is actually not bad. It's really ugly. It's got weirdly low production values and really rough voice acting. It's super cheap sometimes. But it's pretty fun. They were wise to put virtually no limitations on the dash - dashing around the screen with reckless abandon is entertaining (even if it leads to random deaths often). the lack of an explanation wrt the why you would want to dash through enemies is a bizarre oversight but whatever, it gives you bonuses depending on the color that seem to be damage/speed boosts and maybe one that makes your bullets go through enemies instead of stopping which has questionable value? I'm not sure yet. There's a couple other weird bonuses I haven't figured out yet.

But the game is fun. Hard, but fun (I haven't cleared the mighty no 1 stage yet because of some bullshit one hit kill move the boss suddenly remembered when I had him down to zero health). The internet will shit on the game incessantly for sure, but so far I think it's probably undeserved.
The trophy card is pretty kickass, though.

these mighty no 9 levels get really hard for a wuss like me. some factory level kicked my ass - I chewed through 10 or 11 lives getting to the boss and then couldn't figure out the timing to jump over his one hit kill missle. I know he's weak to ice though!

lXz4wGx.jpg

Looks like we're getting $9 for Sony removing the Install Other OS option on the PS3 back in 2010 if you purchased a fat model between 11/1/06-4/1/10.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/06/if-you-used-to-run-linux-on-your-ps3-you-could-get-55-from-sony/

Or $55 if you can prove that you were running another OS on one.

To get the $55, a gamer "must attest under oath to their purchase of the product and installation of Linux, provide proof of their purchase or serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID, and submit some proof of their use of the Other OS functionality." To get the $9, PS3 owners must submit a claim that, at the time they bought their console, they "knew about the Other OS, relied upon the Other OS functionality, and intended to use the Other OS functionality."

Alternatively, according to the deal, to get $9, a gamer "may attest that he or she lost value and/or desired functionality or was otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010."

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys in the south are always talking about Publix. I saw they built a new one in Pigeon Forge. I haven't been there yet, but it's nice to have somewhere else to buy groceries here since Food City sucks and Walmart and Kroger are always packed full.

You guys in the south are always talking about Publix. I saw they built a new one in Pigeon Forge. I haven't been there yet, but it's nice to have somewhere else to buy groceries here since Food City sucks and Walmart and Kroger are always packed full.
The sandwiches with Boar's Head are great and their fried chicken is damn good.

Looks like we're getting $9 for Sony removing the Install Other OS option on the PS3 back in 2010 if you purchased a fat model between 11/1/06-4/1/10.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/06/if-you-used-to-run-linux-on-your-ps3-you-could-get-55-from-sony/

Or $55 if you can prove that you were running another OS on one.

To get the $55, a gamer "must attest under oath to their purchase of the product and installation of Linux, provide proof of their purchase or serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID, and submit some proof of their use of the Other OS functionality." To get the $9, PS3 owners must submit a claim that, at the time they bought their console, they "knew about the Other OS, relied upon the Other OS functionality, and intended to use the Other OS functionality."

Alternatively, according to the deal, to get $9, a gamer "may attest that he or she lost value and/or desired functionality or was otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010."
It has to be a fat model?

The sandwiches with Boar's Head are great and their fried chicken is damn good.
And their chocolate milk is great too.

I've actually been buying Publix water in 1.5 liter bottles to drink in the car so I don't have the urge to pick up soda/food on the way to and from work. And it's working; one bottle can last me 3 days and only costs 89 cents.

Insomniac confirmed that the spidey trailer was made completely with in-game footage.

Hype? Yes please.
Hopefully that means we won't have to wait too long for it. I didn't see it previously, but apparently Sony also said all the game demos at e3 were on the current PS4, none on Neo.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/743108490315452416

I've been thinking Trump will be terrible for the country what with his long history of business failures and walking away after ruining companies. I just heard him say something about how he got rich off declaring bankruptcy five times. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me until now that that would be the perfect solution to our national debt; have the USA declare bankruptcy! So I'm on board with Trump now.

I've been thinking Trump will be terrible for the country what with his long history of business failures and walking away after ruining companies. I just heard him say something about how he got rich off declaring bankruptcy five times. I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me until now that that would be the perfect solution to our national debt; have the USA declare bankruptcy! So I'm on board with Trump now.
Well duh! Most of our debt is to China. fuck them. Just tell them we wont bother paying them back and wa la no more national debt!

bread's done
Back