PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Didn't the Zero Escape games sell much better here, though? It would be a bit odd to announce an updated version of the first game in a series that didn't perform very well in Japan at a Japanese game conference.
It's the relaunch of the first in the series, perhaps trying to give the Japanese consumer a second chance to fall in love with Zero Escape (and thus make more money). Maybe try and leverage the popularity of Danganronpa ("from the makers of...") to get them interested in the superior series. They already know it will sell decently over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the relaunch of the first in the series, perhaps trying to give the Japanese consumer a second chance to fall in love with Zero Escape (and thus make more money). Maybe try and leverage the popularity of Danganronpa ("from the makers of...") to get them interested in the superior series. They already know it will sell decently over here.
Good point. I always thought it was weird how Zero Escape didn't do well in Japan, as the story really is superior to the one in Danganronpa.

Yacht Club Games is asking people what their next game should be: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V6wPLSqNj88zuz0-Ms6RAtiBXXVoIlNnK-IjYcIeHGU/viewform?c=0&w=1

I voted 5 (Very Excited) for everything except the multiplayer-only (1), kart-racing (3), Spelunky (3), and Landstalker/Solstice (3, not sure what those are, but the description sounds interesting). "A Mario RPG" is probably the one I'd want most, though.
Can't they just make a lot of those games? That would be sweet.

And maybe this time don't promise six years worth of content when getting it crowdfunded...

ID4: Resurgence thoughts:

Some I guess light spoiers

I enjoyed it.  Obviously not as good as the original.  They pretty much jump right into it with this one.  I liked the slow mysterious build up more in the original.  Some good nods to the first and some good action and really cool looking set pieces.  Seems like they tried to do a lot of false epic ends, but the real actual end felt a little anti-climatic.  And It's obviously set up for a sequel/last chapter with the last scene.

so tl;dr it's a fun enough summer action movie but doesn't resonate like the original did.

Can't they just make a lot of those games? That would be sweet.

And maybe this time don't promise six years worth of content when getting it crowdfunded...
I hope they post the results and just decide to make nearly all of them--I can see lots of people voting 5 for "a Zelda" and "a Metroid".

I think the trophy card for The Crew is better looking than The Crew itself.
The cities look pretty bland besides the landmarks. The game really looks good when you get to the mountains ares, or just about anything that isn't city. The only thing that looks better on nfs is the view of the car when driving.

Also: did anyone bother getting the Digimon plat? I've just got the medals and 30 'online' wins left. But I really don't like these two things... Yesterday it kept trying to pair me up with the #2 japanese player on the leaderboards. My poor digimans died a horrible horrible death.
I think after I give up on FFX this weekend, I'll start Digimon on the Vita. Started Dungeon Explorers 2 a couple days ago and that might have it's hooks in me.

You get a pretty big scaling bump when it changes from +4 to S at +5. Also, what's your current Dex, you get the biggest boost to damage from 20-29, then a slight drop off from 30-49, and pitiful gains after 50. Also one of the benefits of forging without an auxiliary effect is you can enchant it. That means either coating it in either sticky wife stuff (magic damage) or one of the flame resins (fire damage); or buffing it with cursed weapon for 1.5X physical damage, or enchant weapon / light weapon for magic damage.
Owl, I didn't think you were married. What do you know about sticky 'wife' stuff?

I really liked VLR. (Hell, it's one of my two plats)

I'm currently playing Trigger Happy Havoc (Dragon Ropa?). It's not quite as compelling yet, just finished my first trial and I didn't like some of the mechanics, especially the rhythm game at the end.

The killer is pretty easily identified and there weren't 30 red herrings like in the Phoenix Wright games. Well, that might come in the later trials.

I really liked VLR. (Hell, it's one of my two plats)

I'm currently playing Trigger Happy Havoc (Dragon Ropa?). It's not quite as compelling yet, just finished my first trial and I didn't like some of the mechanics, especially the rhythm game at the end.

The killer is pretty easily identified and there weren't 30 red herrings like in the Phoenix Wright games. Well, that might come in the later trials.
I really liked the ending portion, but the post-game grind for the plat soured the experience some.

You get a pretty big scaling bump when it changes from +4 to S at +5. Also, what's your current Dex, you get the biggest boost to damage from 20-29, then a slight drop off from 30-49, and pitiful gains after 50. Also one of the benefits of forging without an auxiliary effect is you can enchant it. That means either coating it in either sticky wife stuff (magic damage) or one of the flame resins (fire damage); or buffing it with cursed weapon for 1.5X physical damage, or enchant weapon / light weapon for magic damage.

Another reason the uchi does a little less physical damage than the straight swords is bleed build up, strike them enough times with the weapons and they will begin to "bleed out" and get damage over time for a few seconds, it's like a lesser form of poison. If you cause bleed it will eventually do 180 damage to the enemy.

I didn't like having to mess with buffs so I used a moon, crescent, or blessed weapon a lot of the time. They do quite a bit of damage even without a significant point investment in Magic or Faith, though they are eventually outdamaged by the combo of 30+ STR or DEX investment + an enchantment. You probably just don't have enough points in DEX yet.

Another factor is damage type which is more important in Demon's Souls than in the later Dark Souls. The uchi is slash type damage which is strong against cloth armor and exposed flesh, but weaker against foes with metal armor or natural scales (such as the lizardmen in Stonefang Tunnel). That's what's nice about the crafting trophies, as it gives you the opportunity to build a roster of fully upgraded weapons that are good against a variety of different enemy types.

A popular weapon to moon (add magic damage) is the winged spear as it does piercing damage (good against natural scales and chain mail), it has nice reach and you can attack with it from behind a raised shield. Or since there are no DEX blunt weapons (which does extra damage against heavy armor), you might want to moon a Mirdan hammer.

If you got an extra uchi while bladestone farming then you can even moon that, or go with crescent which shrinks the amount of physical damage and increases the proportion of magic damage (as well as adding MP regen). Another fun weapon to crescent is the thrusting sword estoc (which does piercing damage) which makes for CRAZY high damage ripostes and backstab on armored foes.

Faith doesn't mix very well with a DEX build as all the weapons upgraded with faintstone (blessed) are STR weapons.
My DEX is at 80 now, haha, but maybe I'm just being greedy. Against NG+ Flamelurker with Sticky White Stuff, my sword was doing 192 damage. Maybe I'll start pumping magic since I still haven't got the stupid pure bladestone.

PSnWoT 4 life.  Pitfall's Billionaire Ted.

nwo-macho-man-o.gif

My DEX is at 80 now, haha, but maybe I'm just being greedy. Against NG+ Flamelurker with Sticky White Stuff, my sword was doing 192 damage. Maybe I'll start pumping magic since I still haven't got the stupid pure bladestone.
Ya, was no reason to go that high as gains are pretty negligible after 50. He is weak to normal damage, blunt damage, and very weak to magic damage. So if you have some extra uchis, maybe try a crescent uchi or you could try crescenting a flamgerge which is a DEX straight sword that does slightly more damage than an uchi. Try its moveset and see if you like it.

PSNOT will not die a dignified death. Its gonna be like those people who get life support shut off but still go on breathing on their own.

Minor slap on Stein's gate. Definitely pick up Zero Escape: VLR if you don't have it from plus and you enjoy visual novels, that's also a new low.

Despite public opinion, I enjoyed AC III a fair amount and that's a good price for the game + the DLC, even if the DLC was a little lame narratively. The 3 part Tyranny of George Washington pack has a decent amount of gameplay content.

Yeah, I'm considering it. The maps take so damn long, though. Some could literally take longer than my lunch hour. Not sure how I feel about that for a Vita game.
That's what suspend is for, it's so nice that no matter what you are doing (in most cases) you can just press the button on the top and you can go off and do whatever you need to do for a few minutes to several hours.

Those of you not following along...look up Kenke1 on instagram. Therm says she is ugly.
does she have sexy feet and toes

im sure that has been asked in discord but i can't login to it for some reason

plus i have been rafting today crappy phone service

Prices are starting to go live for the flash sale (from the other thread):
Tempted on Mad Max. I picked it up for $15 at Redbox and am work on the collectibles and challenges. Want to finish it so I can trade. I think tomorrow is the last day for 50% bump at GS? No way do I finish it by then. Kind of want to take a break from it for a bit and play something else. It is $11 without any bump. I guess it will hold for a couple more weeks.

Will grab The Walking Dead Michonne for sure though.

Semi tempted on Batman Arkham Knight but want to play the DLC which isn't on sale so probably pass and wait for GOTY edition.

Tempted on Mad Max. I picked it up for $15 at Redbox and am work on the collectibles and challenges. Want to finish it so I can trade. I think tomorrow is the last day for 50% bump at GS? No way do I finish it by then. Kind of want to take a break from it for a bit and play something else. It is $11 without any bump. I guess it will hold for a couple more weeks.

Will grab The Walking Dead Michonne for sure though.

Semi tempted on Batman Arkham Knight but want to play the DLC which isn't on sale so probably pass and wait for GOTY edition.
Sunday is actually the last day for the 50% bump, but for the two days after that (through 6/28), you trigger the 50% bump by preordering Gears of War 4, CoD: Infinite Warfare, or Battlefield 1.

bread's done
Back