PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

You don't have to play them in order.
Yeah, but there's a certain progression in the gameplay from the ones I've played so far. My first was Lego Batman 3, which was great. I played Hobbit after that and didn't like it at all, then Chiima was a huge chore. I still have HP 4-7, Batman 2, Marvel, and Lego Movie in the backlog. I'm going to play those in order of release and if I still have an interest in Lego Vita games I'm sure Force Awakens will have dropped to under $14 by then anyway. Avengers and Jurassic Park will have gotten cheap by then I'm sure, too.

How does Lego LOTR compare to the other titles? Just realized I don't have that one either.

Yeah, but there's a certain progression in the gameplay from the ones I've played so far. My first was Lego Batman 3, which was great. I played Hobbit after that and didn't like it at all, then Chiima was a huge chore. I still have HP 4-7, Batman 2, Marvel, and Lego Movie in the backlog. I'm going to play those in order of release and if I still have an interest in Lego Vita games I'm sure Force Awakens will have dropped to under $14 by then anyway. Avengers and Jurassic Park will have gotten cheap by then I'm sure, too.

How does Lego LOTR compare to the other titles? Just realized I don't have that one either.
"I don't like to play out of order."

"I'm playing Batman 3 now with Batman 2 to still get to. "

Jesus dude if it sounds fun then just play it. Don't worry about getting to it until after you plow through old ones just to keep a pattern of whateverfuck. Then if you do get burned out you maybe miss out on one that sounded good enough for you to consider buying at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't like to play out of order."

"I'm playing Batman 3 now with Batman 2 to still get to. "

Jesus dude if it sounds fun then just play it. Don't worry about getting to it until after you plow through old ones just to keep a pattern of whateverfuck. Then if you do get burned out you maybe miss out on one that sounded good enough for you to consider buying at launch.
I think you misread my post in a couple of spots. First is that LB3 was the first Lego game I played--I'm not playing it currently. Then I played a couple others out of order and realized they didn't play near as well as LB3. With that in mind, and already having 4 Lego games in my backlog, I've decided to play those 4 in order and hold off on grabbing any additional ones at least for a while.

It's not like I'm going to go on a Lego binge and play them one after the other anyway. I doubt I'll get through those four in the next year, so adding anymore at this point is a bit silly.

Ok I misread your post. But my point still stands. If it sounds good the get it and play it right away. Who cares how Many are in your backlog.

I'm sure he'll be better off getting the newer ones on a better deal in the future. I mean, LEGO games aren't all that much different from each other.

I'm sure he'll be better off getting the newer ones on a better deal in the future. I mean, LEGO games aren't all that much different from each other.
They're different enough that if I play the most current ones I'll be less likely to enjoy the older ones afterwards. That and the number of them I've already got is a good enough reason to put off buying new ones.

So Game of Thrones (and maybe slight book theory) spoilers....

They still had to hide the fact that Rhaegar is Jon's father?  What not let us hear that part of the conversation?  At least they showed Lyanna with dark hair since they have gone all in on the kids hair color for other lineages it would seem out of whack to let blonde and white haired parents end up with a black hair kid.  I guess this also ends the R+L=J+M offshoot theory.  Although could she possibly be his sister but with Elia Martel as a mother.  Could she have possibly escaped the Mountain?

I did not know it was possible for Cersei to get even more bat shit crazy.  I was wrong.  You got to think Jamie will be pissed she used the Wildfire against the innocents making sure that didnt happen before is what has caused so many people to hate him.

We can now see how we will get a Cleganebowl after all since it looked like that would not be possible with the trial by combat decree.

Assuming the Meera theory I pulled out of my ass isnt true, at least we see the purpose of the Dorne story line now with them aligning with the Tyrell grandmother and Dany via Varys. 

Speaking of Varys, how the fuck did he get from Dorne back to Meereen so damn fast to be on the ship at the end.  Did Dany let him borrow Drogon to get back quick?

So Game of Thrones spoilers....

They still had to hide the fact that Rhaegar is Jon's father? What not let us hear that part of the conversation? At least they showed Lyanna with dark hair since they have gone all in on the kids hair color for other lineages it would seem out of whack to let blonde and white haired parents end up with a black hair kid. I guess this also ends the R+L=J+M offshoot theory. Although could she possibly be his sister but with Elia Martel as a mother. Could she have possibly escaped the Mountain?

I did not know it was possible for Cersei to get even more bat shit crazy. I was wrong. You got to think Jamie will be pissed she used the Wildfire against the innocents making sure that didnt happen before is what has caused so many people to hate him.

We can now see how we will get a Cleganebowl after all since it looked like that would not be possible with the trial by combat decree.

Assuming the Meera theory I pulled out of my ass isnt true, at least we see the purpose of the Dorne story line now with them aligning with the Tyrell grandmother and Dany via Varys.

Speaking of Varys, how the fuck did he get from Dorne back to Meereen so damn fast to be on the ship at the end. Did Dany let him borrow Drogon to get back quick?
GoT:

I thought you yelled at kilik once for bringing up book stuff once since you've never read them. And I thought R+L=J was almost entirely a book thing before this season. Anyway, I looked up R+L=J+M because I hadn't heard of that at all. Why do you say that is ended now? Because I can't imagine what the hell she could've been saying in the whisper that they wouldn't let the audience hear except for that. It's also a way to make the Jon's parentage reveal in the books have some impact. If it's just R+L=J, everyone will be like "no shit, we all guessed that from the start." The show hasn't dropped as many hints about it until this season though. That makes the whispering even more weird to me because it should be enough of a surprise as is to regular people who just watch the show.

GoT:

I thought you yelled at kilik once for bringing up book stuff once since you've never read them. And I thought R+L=J was almost entirely a book thing before this season. Anyway, I looked up R+L=J+M because I hadn't heard of that at all. Why do you say that is ended now? Because I can't imagine what the hell she could've been saying in the whisper that they wouldn't let the audience hear except for that. It's also a way to make the Jon's parentage reveal in the books have some impact. If it's just R+L=J, everyone will be like "no shit, we all guessed that from the start." The show hasn't dropped as many hints about it until this season though. That makes the whispering even more weird to me because it should be enough of a surprise as is to regular people who just watch the show.
More (and according to Munky possible book) GoT spoilers:

I think the R+L=J thing is just a theory about his parentage. I do not think it has anything more to do with the books than the show itself. If you think otherwise, others may too so I will add that possible book based spoilers too. I actually left out another theory since it is definitely book spoiler based around something else I was told from them.

The reason I say the J+M is dead is because there would have to be another kid there. I guess they could suddenly show a second kid next season to just throw us off. However, if that part is true, we would have to see her along with her "father".

I missed in the other post...

That Mormont kid has the largest balls of anyone on the show.

More (and according to Munky possible book) GoT spoilers:

I think the R+L=J thing is just a theory about his parentage. I do not think it has anything more to do with the books than the show itself. If you think otherwise, others may too so I will add that possible book based spoilers too. I actually left out another theory since it is definitely book spoiler based around something else I was told from them.

The reason I say the J+M is dead is because there would have to be another kid there. I guess they could suddenly show a second kid next season to just throw us off. However, if that part is true, we would have to see her along with her "father".

I missed in the other post...

That Mormont kid has the largest balls of anyone on the show.
Throooones

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or anything. R+L=J is obviously just as relevant to the show as it is to the books, but I don't think anyone who only watches the show would really think it up. From what I understand from my book reading friends, the tower of joy and the Reeds (especially the dad) and all of that backstory and hinting has been around since basically the start and there's been a lot of it. On the show, they only just started mentioning most of that stuff this season and with a million characters who actually get shown on the screen, I can't keep track of the ones they don't show. To the best of my knowledge they've never shown Rhaegar. Most of the Targaryen family tree confuses me for that reason. That's the only reason I think of it as being a more of a "book" theory/spoiler.

At this point, I don't really care about book spoilers since I assume there's no storyline that the books are ahead of the show on (I know there is plenty of extra stuff in the books though). I'm curious what the other book theory you didn't mention was about.

Just because it's crazy-hard?
giphy.gif

hpBn9HA.png

This was a very nice surprise, and well worth the $10 I paid for it. The graphics were absolutely gorgeous, the puzzles not too difficult but still fun to solve, and the level design was quite good. Jumping felt a bit floaty and unreliable at times (resulting in a few deaths), and there are a couple instances where cheap deaths can occur, but all in all, I had a great time with Unravel. Definitely consider picking it up at $10 or less if you like 2D platformers.

I bit on both Civ Rev 2 and Xcom. Gameplay for both looks pretty solid outside of the Xcom load times being a bit ridiculous. Still, Xcom is such a great game and it's hard not to give support when a relatively big game gets ported to Vita.

Definite book related spoilers with theories on how it could tie into the GoT show:

If you know about the Lady Stoneheart character from the books, I wonder if they are going to slightly diverge from how she came to be from the books after last nights show.  With the red woman banished from Winterfell and heading south, could she possibly be the one to bring her back instead of Beric giving up his immortality to bring her back?  I am not sure how close Beric and crew are to the Riverlands currently, but we know the red woman is headed that direction.  it seems like if they are going to have Lady Stoneheart be a part of the show, it has to be very early in the next season.  Maybe they just leave her out of the show altogether.

It is interesting that Arya is already in the Riverlands since Nymeria is roaming the Riverlands as the leader of a giant pack of wolves in the books.  I wonder if they will be reunited early in the next season.

Is Back to the Future worth $7.99? Or should I wait for cheaper?
Not worth it. The first two episodes kind of have that BttF movie feel, but after that it just loses its appeal. It doesn't have the wacky humor of the movies, the gameplay is a lot more tedious than current Telltale games, and overall it's just not a fun game.

Definite book related spoilers with theories on how it could tie into the GoT show:

If you know about the Lady Stoneheart character from the books, I wonder if they are going to slightly diverge from how she came to be from the books after last nights show. With the red woman banished from Winterfell and heading south, could she possibly be the one to bring her back instead of Beric giving up his immortality to bring her back? I am not sure how close Beric and crew are to the Riverlands currently, but we know the red woman is headed that direction. it seems like if they are going to have Lady Stoneheart be a part of the show, it has to be very early in the next season. Maybe they just leave her out of the show altogether.

It is interesting that Arya is already in the Riverlands since Nymeria is roaming the Riverlands as the leader of a giant pack of wolves in the books. I wonder if they will be reunited early in the next season.
WTF, I thought you didnt want anything to do with the books.

FYI GATOR, nothing in spoiler contains any plot stuff from books

I dont think she going to be in show at all, her story line in the books has basically already happened without her, not sure what good it would do to bring her in now.

Arya was fucking awesome, cant wait to see where she goes from there

So last week was longest week ever. Feels like I havent been to work in a month.

We are in the house but shit is still all over the place. Did get two tvs hung up though. One of them, the older one, has been doing a weird screen glitch thing when it first starts up, hopefully it will die soon, about the only way I cant get wife to agree to buy the 65 inch vizio I want. *fingers crossed it breaks soon*

Got a shitty issue with the vent hood over the gas range. Its made to where it vents outside however something aint right with it as warm air is coming in through it. The house is supposed to be airtight basically and there are 2 bathrooms that have sensor fans that come on automatically to keep out moisture. They think these fans are making the air come in the vent hood. There is a piece of glass on it that you pull in and out to operate it, that thing keeps getting a shit ton of condensation on it, have to basically keep it turned on right now to make it not get water all over it. 

Builder has been good about stuff so far so hopefully they either get it fixed or replace it.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/KitchenAid-Undercabinet-Range-Hood-Stainless-Steel-Common-36-in-Actual-36-in/1000013550

Thats the vent hood.

WTF, I thought you didnt want anything to do with the books.

FYI GATOR, nothing in spoiler contains any plot stuff from books

I dont think she going to be in show at all, her story line in the books has basically already happened without her, not sure what good it would do to bring her in now.

Arya was fucking awesome, cant wait to see where she goes from there
Friends decided there were certain things they wanted me to know even if I told them I did not want to know them. I let it be known I was not too happy about that although in the end was relatively minor it seems. As Munky mentioned, at this point, I am not sure that anything from the books can even be show spoilers anymore with the exception of missing characters.

Friends decided there were certain things they wanted me to know even if I told them I did not want to know them. I let it be known I was not too happy about that although in the end was relatively minor it seems. As Munky mentioned, at this point, I am not sure that anything from the books can even be show spoilers anymore with the exception of missing characters.
Yea I cant think of much of anything let from the books not already in the show or completely excluded to the point that there is not a way to introduce it now. There might be a few minor things from the books that will stop pop up, but its well past the books now.

Funny how that works with wives isnt it?
Mine is actually pretty reasonable with stuff like this. We haven't done any major remodeling to the house (yet).

We have put off buying furniture for a while though. Catching up on bills and stuff. Just spent $3000 on tires and brakes and repairs to both cars.

But we are getting closer to spending some money new furniture for the living room. Also part of this is we might get a larger TV for the living room. I will take the 50" Plasma and put that in the basement for gaming. Move the TV and entertainment center that is down there to a spare bedroom.

Was thinking of maybe a 60" or so for the living room.

I have not read any of these Game of Thrones spoilers despite Gator and crews best efforts to tempt me.
You should be sticking your fingers in your ears and averting your eyes any time it comes up. At least until you are done with season 3, but I would suggest until you catch up completely really.

You should be sticking your fingers in your ears and averting your eyes any time it comes up. At least until you are done with season 3, but I would suggest until you catch up completely really.
yeah i am pretty good about avoiding it if its in spoilers or someone leads off with Game of Thrones..

I'm not, but I have Rage Burst preordered (releases in 2 months) to get the code to download Resurrection.
Yeah, that's why I was asking. GER is $20, so buying GE2 for $48 and getting both games is probably the better approach. Where did you pre-order it--Amazon? The GE site says if you pre-order it digitally you'll get GER when it releases rather than having to wait, but I don't see a GE2 pre-order on PSN and I doubt Amazon is sending those codes out early.

Yeah, that's why I was asking. GER is $20, so buying GE2 for $48 and getting both games is probably the better approach. Where did you pre-order it--Amazon? The GE site says if you pre-order it digitally you'll get GER when it releases rather than having to wait, but I don't see a GE2 pre-order on PSN and I doubt Amazon is sending those codes out early.
Yup, Amazon, and it looks like the download code might be included in all Day-One Editions: https://www.amazon.com/God-Eater-2-Burst-PlayStation-4/dp/B01EU09FB0

#hoops

bread's done
Back