PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Poker Night 2 just screwed me out of $120K, I don't know why I do this to myself.
I was going to say something to this effect the last time you posted about it but I know we've already had this conversation.

But I also thought that since then you had made the decision that you were done playing shitty games, especially considering that you won't allow yourself to just reload your save and be done with it in a fraction of the time. No idea why you went back to it... I just assume you're insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say something to this effect the last time you posted about it but I know we've already had this conversation.

But I also thought that since then you had made the decision that you were done playing shitty games, especially considering that you won't allow yourself to just reload your save and be done with it in a fraction of the time. No idea why you went back to it... I just assume you're insane.
Hahaha, we likely have but it was a long time ago and I decided to try and clean it up. I'm essentially done playing shitty games but I wanted to clean up my trophy set and so any shitty games I've already started, I want to try and finish up.

Nordic Games confirmed that Darksiders: Warmastered ( :roll:) Edition will release on 10/25 for $19.99: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/28/darksiders-returns-with-warmastered-edition-for-ps4-xbox-one-wii-u-and-pc/
Nordic Games’ listing revealed that the Warmastered Edition will feature “native 1080p rendering resolution” across all versions and 60fps gameplay on the PS4/Xbox One/PC (Wii U will run in 30fps).

Other graphical enhancements will be made for the Warmastered Edition including texture resolutions that are double what they were in the original, better rendering improvements, shadow rendering quality, and post-processing effects.
Cool, good to see it's not just a straight port.

Toukiden 2 Vita gameplay looks pretty good visually. Doesn't seem like the monster hardly ever knocks you on your ass, though. Not sure how fun it would be to just keep button-mashing on a monster for five minutes. This almost seems like a Musou game but with huge HP sinks instead of armies of weaklings. The back-and-forth staggering and knockdowns and stamina stuff of the Souls games would have been a good fit here, I think.

Hard to tell from just watching how visceral the combat is, but it doesn't seem to have much of that, which is a bit disappointing. Has anybody played much of either version of the first game and can comment on that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTTiErR261s

Stupid pinball....

264m on the Venom table and still can't put everything together to get either trophy...

Really liking the table though... just difficult enough to feel challenged but not so much that it feels impossible.

delayedreaction-1452701986.gif

New Releases (8/2):

Abzu

Batman Telltale Episode 1

Breach and Clear Deadline (8/4)

Cannon Brawl

Gal Gun Double Peace

Laser Disco Defense

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

Overcooked

RISK Urban Assault

Tricky Towers

Played a bit of Shiren the Wanderer last night and I can tell this is a Vita gem. The tutorial has a couple pages with certain tasks to get you familiar with the game. I completed those and it gives out 3 more pages of tasks. It's nice to see a good tutorial for a game that has lots to learn. I'll be playing more of it today to see what else hides in the world of Shiren.

There's also co-op if anyone here ends up grabbing a copy.

All the negative about the mua rereleases I've seen have been steam-centric.  like most PC ports I suspect that platform was neglected and the console versions (missing DLC notwithstanding) are probably just fine performance/visualswise.

edit - although I think juggernaut was dlc which will really irk me

Played a bit of Shiren the Wanderer last night and I can tell this is a Vita gem. The tutorial has a couple pages with certain tasks to get you familiar with the game. I completed those and it gives out 3 more pages of tasks. It's nice to see a good tutorial for a game that has lots to learn. I'll be playing more of it today to see what else hides in the world of Shiren.

There's also co-op if anyone here ends up grabbing a copy.
So is it like a Zelda game or a more traditional RPG? I've heard the name mentioned in several threads but no one ever talks about the gameplay.

So is it like a Zelda game or a more traditional RPG? I've heard the name mentioned in several threads but no one ever talks about the gameplay.
I think the Shiren series is one of the (if not the) first roguelikes, with permadeath (losing everything upon death) being a major aspect of it.

Hey owl here's the shortest review I could find on Shiren but gives you a good impression on the gameplay.

https://youtu.be/I7Nl62icFEY

bread's done
Back