PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
FIFA 16 is $9.99 ($7.99 w/ GCU) as Best Buy's DotD, and there's an offer starting on Sunday to get $15 + $10 coupon for FIFA 17 when you trade FIFA 16 in: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/fifa-16-xbox-one/7969128.p?id=1219687158225&skuId=7969128

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357997-best-buy-ad-911-917-get-25-toward-fifa-17/

Even if you're not interested in FIFA 17, it's an easy close-to-2x profit.
Might as well put in an order for a couple copies of FIFA. Maybe I'll even decide to try FIFA 17 out for a week or find someone who wants a cheap copy.

PS: "You get 7 points on this order." I had forgotten how stingy they were gonna be with points from now on.

I hate when Amazon deliveries go through Ontrac. Those drivers never want to find parking or get out of their car so you usually get those "failed to get into the building" messages from them when you can prove with camera footage that they're totally lying. Or those marked delivered messages hours or days before they actually show up.

I hate when Amazon deliveries go through Ontrac. Those drivers never want to find parking or get out of their car so you usually get those "failed to get into the building" messages from them when you can prove with camera footage that they're totally lying. Or those marked delivered messages hours or days before they actually show up.
No issues with the Ontrac drivers in my area. I've heard some terrible stories about the company but that can be said about most companies. There's always a story right?

I like how the box has that rainbow shimmer. And I noticed there are tiny bumps on the back of the controller too. It gives it a nice texture. Very cool!

hey vig - it looks like amazon changed their console trade in. At least on mobile you can no longer choose condition and it gives you a condition quiz like nextworth. Also the only option if it doesn't meet their requirements is to send it back, no downgrade. do you know if they've gotten any less stringent about having the box/packaging as a result?

hey vig - it looks like amazon changed their console trade in. At least on mobile you can no longer choose condition and it gives you a condition quiz like nextworth. Also the only option if it doesn't meet their requirements is to send it back, no downgrade. do you know if they've gotten any less stringent about having the box/packaging as a result?
I knew they changed the trade-in process to just one value and no option to downgrade for everything (not just consoles), but I'm not sure if they're any pickier about the box/packaging.

I don't know if it's been talked about much in here but man I really liked attack on titan. It's definitely one of the most fun games I've played this year. It looks cool, the action and movement are solid, and I got to get in to some of the story from the anime which is weird but entertaining. I also watched some clips from the live action version and it looks weird as hell.

If you didn't pick it up and you don't mind a bit of repetition (which discord seems to agree is painless because the gameplay is so fun), definitely keep an eye out for it on sale.

Watch case came broken. Not surprised. Contacted Amazon about a replacement and asked it not to be sent in a bubble mailer. Figure might as well be a pain in the ass.

I don't know if it's been talked about much in here but man I really liked attack on titan. It's definitely one of the most fun games I've played this year. It looks cool, the action and movement are solid, and I got to get in to some of the story from the anime which is weird but entertaining. I also watched some clips from the live action version and it looks weird as hell.

If you didn't pick it up and you don't mind a bit of repetition (which discord seems to agree is painless because the gameplay is so fun), definitely keep an eye out for it on sale.
I'm definitely getting AoT at the $30 mark from Best Buy.

Watch case came broken. Not surprised. Contacted Amazon about a replacement and asked it not to be sent in a bubble mailer. Figure might as well be a pain in the ass.
On discord simmias said they are actually just sending out the original watches that were all busted up - they never remade them - so you might be one of the lucky ones that only has a broken case.

It's totally possible. I know this case was broken in transit since the pieces were still in the envelope. I was mostly mad at them for using a bubble mailer. If nobody gets on their case about bad shipping practices they'll never have an incentive to change.

They started doing that because people complained about how wasteful they were being with their packaging. I know more than once I got a Microsoft points card shipped in a box.

They started doing that because people complained about how wasteful they were being with their packaging. I know more than once I got a Microsoft points card shipped in a box.
There should be some fragile flag that shippers can throw to default to a box. Bubble mailers are great for a lot of things, but obviously there are exceptions.

I've only got FF preordered. I got distracted from Gravity Rush 1 by AoT so chances of GR2 getting preordered are slim.

by the by, I think that dangerous golf might actually suck.  the premise is fun and there's moments of cool stuff happening, but it is just riddled with bullshit bugs and crashes and geometry escaping and other nonsense.  plus it's waaaaay too long for what it is (100 levels across maybe 20 "environments" which are more or less just a room each).  the controls are also questionable.  it hands out a lot of trophies though although the plat -would require at least 2 runs through all 100 levels and sometimes the coop one glitches and you don't get the trophies for it anyways.

by the by, I think that dangerous golf might actually suck. the premise is fun and there's moments of cool stuff happening, but it is just riddled with bullshit bugs and crashes and geometry escaping and other nonsense. plus it's waaaaay too long for what it is (100 levels across maybe 20 "environments" which are more or less just a room each). the controls are also questionable. it hands out a lot of trophies though although the plat -would require at least 2 runs through all 100 levels and sometimes the coop one glitches and you don't get the trophies for it anyways.
Is this after installing the update announced by the devs? If so, that sucks.

Unless you love football you can probably pass on Discord PSNOT on weekends right now. And no doubt tonight and Thursday night. Not that there's nothing else, but that's 90% of it.

Only these two bosses left to beat while taking no damage for the final two trophies to get the Shantae and the Pirate's Curse plat, and I can't seem to do it. The first one, he never does the same pattern in the video and always seems to nail me with his tail. The second one, I haven't tried more than a couple times. It seems doable if I can get past the big balls. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_qqV1ZFGdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq6J6BEuob0

Only these two bosses left to beat while taking no damage for the final two trophies to get the Shantae and the Pirate's Curse plat, and I can't seem to do it. The first one, he never does the same pattern in the video and always seems to nail me with his tail. The second one, I haven't tried more than a couple times. It seems doable if I can get past the big balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_qqV1ZFGdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq6J6BEuob0
I can't really help much for the second boss aside from recommending the bubble item (as seen in the video you included) linking to this strategy from PSNP, but for the first (Dagron), I tried to time it so that after using a Super Monster Milk and stunning him the first time, hit him only 10 times, then button-mash like crazy after stunning him again. He's nearly impossible to dodge after speeding up, which he does when his health is low, so you don't want to button-mash him during the first stun. It might not help, but here's the PSNP strategy for that boss, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncxZvO81VrM

Taco Bell and Playstation have a PSVR bundle contest starting on the 15th (or when your restaurant gets boxes in).  Note, it doesn't come with a PS4.  Quesarito big boxes are the ones to buy.

https://winpsvr.com/

C. Without a Purchase (Online Code Request): Between 12:00 AM ET on October 5, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM ET on October 19, 2016, an eligible consumer may click here and follow the onscreen instructions to obtain the online entry code (the “Online Code”). No more than one (1) Online Code may be obtained through this method.

Prizes (3,360): Each winner will receive a PlayStation®VR Launch Bundle especially for Taco Bell, which will consist of the following items: one (1) PlayStation®VR headset, one (1) set of stereo headphones, one (1) PlayStation®Camera, two (2) PlayStation®Move motion controllers, and one (1) $40 PlayStation®Store credit.

Also, stolen from reddit:
C7FWOff.jpg

Hey Pharm, did you ever get an opportunity to use that jumper box thing?

Battery was dead on Friday on one of our cars. My jumper box wasn't fully charged. Had to use jumper cables. Which were locked in the trunk of the dead car, which has an electric release only. Finally got the trunk open and was able to start the car. I only drove it once in almost 3 weeks so hoping it isn't time for a new battery.

Half tempted to get one like you got either way.

bread's done
Back