PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Good news if anyone here really enjoyed Shantae and the Pirate's Curse or was otherwise interested in it:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/776873386324725760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

For the record, terminator salvation is straightforward, but I've found it to be a pain in the ass because the game sucks so much. It's like if binary domain were done as a high school student project.

That Slain game with the awesome gifs has a plat: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5307-Slain-Back-From-Hell
Trophy list doesn't look too bad aside from the "don't lose health against XXX" all over the place. The game does have infinite respawns, IIRC, so that's as simple as letting yourself die after a hit and starting over from the last checkpoint. Running through the game without dying seems pretty rough, though.

Looks like I've painted myself into a corner on X-Com. Again.

I don't think I'll be able to get past this Exalt mission with 2 of my best soldiers still wounded.

Weird, I'm seeing the GCU discount apply to 4K UHD movies, if they're not on sale, on Bestbuy.com. Still overpriced, but 99.9% a glitch unless I missed something about them adding this as a benefit.

Someone in the weekly deal thread said they have them listed in the digital ad as GCU exclusive sales, it appears to be so.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/co6976-gcu-members-exclusive-savings-offer
So are these movies noticeably better on a 4K TV than a 4K up scaled Blu Ray? I'm wondering if I should make the format shift.

So are these movies noticeably better on a 4K TV than a 4K up scaled Blu Ray? I'm wondering if I should make the format shift.
I've read it's the best out there, including any 4K streams, because the video is uncompressed and has a higher bitrate. TV would need to be HDR capable to see the full effect.

I feel like I've hit the point where I'm too far into AoT to quit now, but still scared of the endless grind ahead. 

prince-afraid-of-shit.gif

so it's weird how no man's sky is almost an entirely different game without patches.  it's still pointless in the strictest sense and it doesn't seem 'done', but the planet generation seems much more interesting in terms of geography/landscaping and it definitely seems like there's a lot more of everything - varying minerals, critters, etc.  maybe it's just luck, but every unpatched planet I've visited has been really interesting and looked more like I would imagine an actual planet looks like.  you also have no scanner when you're in your ship I guess so you have to look for landmarks with your eyes which changes the feel of exploration quite a bit.

the UI is more of a mess and resource consumption is totally out of whack making traversal much more of a pain in the ass than the patched version.  everything feels jankier and the graphics are noticeably worse so they've improved a lot in that regard.  

one question I have about the game:

why does everyone think that cruising through the lackluster atlas path is the end game?  I think I was still like 17k light years from the center when I finished that - do we know if there is actually something at the center?

not that it matters since it's going back to the library in a couple days.  just curious.

Mild here's some real spoilery answers to your spoiled question.

At the end of the Atlas path you get the option to give a certain number of Atlas stones in exchange for being allowed to see all black holes on your map. You can then use these to hoof it to the center. Sean Murray said some dope shit would happen when you get to the center and that it would be super awesome. You know what happens?

Absolutely nothing and you just start the game over. A lot of people are pissed about it.

Mild here's some real spoilery answers to your spoiled question.

At the end of the Atlas path you get the option to give a certain number of Atlas stones in exchange for being allowed to see all black holes on your map. You can then use these to hoof it to the center. Sean Murray said some dope shit would happen when you get to the center and that it would be super awesome. You know what happens?

Absolutely nothing and you just start the game over. A lot of people are pissed about it.
oh. I gave the atlas people my 10 stones for a new planet and then the game kept going and I was all bewildered. I guess it doesn't really matter since there's nothing more to it. talos principle had more of an ending.

PAC-MAN 256 is a grind. I can't see ever upgrading all power-ups fully. That's going to take an insane amount of time.
This post from PSNP dissuaded me from getting that and was just funny to read:

Grinding. Over 20 hours of nonstop grinding. It's a pathetically simple game but you'll want to blow your brains out after about half an hour.

That's 20 hours of my life that I'll never get back.

Avoid this game. Wrapping the $5 bill that you would spend on this game around your dick and masturbating for 20 hours is a more productive use of your time and money.
http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38557-gobble-gobbble-up-these-trophies-thoughts-on-pac-man-256/#entry1024862

Last edited by a moderator:
PAC-MAN 256 is a grind. I can't see ever upgrading all power-ups fully. That's going to take an insane amount of time.
I thought it was an easy 100% a bit of a 'grind' but was a lot of fun doing it. Took me just under 2 weeks to get 100%. I will probably rebuy on XBox One some day for like $3 and play it again.

Type of game you can just play for 20 mins and move on to something else.

Just bite the bullet, go to Costco, and buy a new battery for ~$70-80. It's just not worth having to worry about.

Last time my battery started failing (after leaving a cabin light on) I would try to use a jumper box but I just couldn't ever get enough juice to start it up. After a couple AAA calls (and a "battery conditioning" after the first jump) I decided it wasn't worth having to baby the car by having to make sure I ran it every couple days.
4 days after I last drove it and dead again. Just ordered a battery at Advanced Auto. Tip for anyone else needing a battery. Johnson Controls apparently is one of 3 or 4 major manufactures and one of the better ones. They apparently make the silver batteries Advanced Auto sells. There are several codes on retailmenot.com. One was $40 off $100 if you join Advanced Autos loyalty club. $119.99 battery for $79.99. Picking it up at lunch time. Imitation Chipotle (It wouldn't meet with Sage's approval but the best around my job) is a couple doors down. Maybe it will be Taco Tuesday.

And when it rains it pours. Central AC iced up a bit yesterday. Guy coming out to look at it soon.

PAC-MAN 256 is pretty fun, yes. But it definitely has that Jetpack Joyride quality where you feel like you are wasting your life away playing it, but it's hard to stop yourself.

I caved on the Arkham Knight season pass. I have Amazon credit to spare, and I figure I can get at least some enjoyment out of all that DLC for $12.

4 days after I last drove it and dead again. Just ordered a battery at Advanced Auto. Tip for anyone else needing a battery. Johnson Controls apparently is one of 3 or 4 major manufactures and one of the better ones. They apparently make the silver batteries Advanced Auto sells. There are several codes on retailmenot.com. One was $40 off $100 if you join Advanced Autos loyalty club. $119.99 battery for $79.99. Picking it up at lunch time. Imitation Chipotle (I wouldn't meet with Sage's approval but the best around my job) is a couple doors down. Maybe it will be Taco Tuesday.

And when it rains it pours. Central AC iced up a bit yesterday. Guy coming out to look at it soon.
Yeah taco tuesday!

Not like you have to get all the trophies. Your 18% and 76% completion percentages will survive a couple missed trophies.

I cant get discord to work for me.  Ive tried all day and it just keeps trying to connect to no avail.

As soon as i post this is dawns on me that my work is probably blocking the site from their wifi now.  Yep.  They are.  fucking assholes.

I cant get discord to work for me. Ive tried all day and it just keeps trying to connect to no avail.

As soon as i post this is dawns on me that my work is probably blocking the site from their wifi now. Yep. They are. fucking assholes.
Reddit has similarly been down to me since I got to work. Not sure why--I don't think it's the firewall, though, since that actually gives a message when a site is blocked. Instead I'm getting a connection rejected error.

Not like you have to get all the trophies. Your 18% and 76% completion percentages will survive a couple missed trophies.
Oh, believe me I'm not getting them!

But I'll unlock all power-ups because the game is decently fun. Getting all power-ups to max is ridiculous.

I think I'm conning myself into believing I can get the GT5 plat. I lack the skills necessary to get the GT-R and Gold Standard trophies, but I'm conveniently pushing that bit of information to the side.

I'm really itching to pick up Battleborn at bby for $16 but I just bit on BioShock and I know I'll probably be able to get it at that price if not cheaper by the time I get to it... decisions, decisions

bread's done
Back