PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Very excited to finally play Transformers.  Was waiting on a copy to hit pawn shops, but haven't seen one yet.

I saw 7 Days to Die for $15 at the pawn shop and passed on it.  Kinda regret it.

Anyone know for sure if the COD MW remastered that will come with COD Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is truly standalone?

I assume it will not require the disc?  A co worker wants COD Infinite Warfare.  I was thinking of buying it with BB GCU and splitting it with him.  

Anyone know for sure if the COD MW remastered that will come with COD Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is truly standalone?

I assume it will not require the disc? A co worker wants COD Infinite Warfare. I was thinking of buying it with BB GCU and splitting it with him.
I've seen it mentioned a lot of places that you will need the disc, but I don't think Activision has confirmed or denied it yet.

I assume it will not require the disc? A co worker wants COD Infinite Warfare. I was thinking of buying it with BB GCU and splitting it with him.
Supposedly you can play it up to 1 month early if you preorder one of the legacy editions? That seems to suggest it will be standalone for the first month. The FAQ that Activision put togther about it is truly bizarre. Good news is that the MW4 codes for preorders should go out next week so we can find out WTF is going on with it.

Supposedly you can play it up to 1 month early if you preorder one of the legacy editions? That seems to suggest it will be standalone for the first month. The FAQ that Activision put togther about it is truly bizarre. Good news is that the MW4 codes for preorders should go out next week so we can find out WTF is going on with it.
I guess that's campaign only, though.

EDIT: Weird. I thought it was just a PSN store thing. Works at Best buy/gamestop/etc. too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that's campaign only, though.

EDIT: Weird. I thought it was just a PSN store thing. Works at Best buy/gamestop/etc. too.
You're right, it is campaign only. Forgot about that. But yeah, it works every you can preorder basically. I'm interested to see how it work.

fuckboi originated from guys fucking girls and then ignoring them after so her friends would be like, girl, he's nothing but a fuckboi, don't worry about him. Now it's sorta morphed to insult every loser but the original slang was essentially some guy who fucks a lot.
tumblr_ml17qrgMZY1qa095xo1_500.gif

Started playing Prominence Poker on PS4. (I'm a poker player IRL.)

Wow... Play money games are infuriating. Plays nothing like the real thing.

QQ+ getting crushed by hands like 83 offsuit all day long.

Heads-Up tourneys are alright, though.

OMG its an awful game. Don't regret it at all.
That's kinda why I want it. XD

I like base-building games, too. I gotta upgrade my PC so I can run RUST properly.

Last edited:
Started playing Prominence Poker on PS4. (I'm a poker player IRL.)

Wow... Play money games are infuriating. Plays nothing like the real thing.

QQ+ getting crushed by hands like 83 offsuit all day long.

Heads-Up tourneys are alright, though.

That's kinda why I want it. XD

I like base-building games, too. I gotta upgrade my PC so I can run RUST properly.

-

I posted a new telephone scammer prank. This scam baits people through a pop-up that claims you've won a $200 gift card. I annoy the scammer until he ragequits the scam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG5yg7DWWSc
My work uses the same hold music!

Also congrats, your YT has blown up quite a bit since the last time I watched one of your vids.

data.gif

Finished Mega Man Legends, works pretty well on the Vita.

I didn't know what to expect all I knew going in was that it was well regarded at release, had real time shooting combat, and was really expensive to buy on disc. Basically its an action/adventure shooter with light metroidvania and RPG elements. You crash land on an island that is rumored to have a treasure of immeasurable power hidden in the ancient tunnels that run under all over the island. In the middle of the island is a large city with several zones which have vendors and various side quests to do for buster parts and components. In the beginning you can only access sections of the tunnels on the peripheries of the island. As you gain the ability to jump higher and destroy weak walls to explore new sections of past dungeons for treasure, you discover that the various dungeons are completely interconnected.

Buster parts you can equip onto your vanilla buster (initially you can only equip 2) to improve damage, range, firing speed, and/or how long you can fire before the weapon needs to stop for 1 second to recharge. Components you collect and give to Roll and she can build various special weapons (triangle fires it) which have limited ammunition (beam sabers, grenade launchers, laser cannons, shield projector, etc.) and you can have one special weapon equipped at a time. Each special weapon can have those same four attributes improved by paying cash to upgrade it. It's a bit of a bummer that you can't hotswap special weapons, you have to exit the dungeon to one of the 15 or so points that you can access Roll's services to switch it out. If you are in an area where Roll can drive the van to, you can use your radio to contact her and she will pick you up in a van. The van can also be used to fast travel warp around the island which is a handy time saver.

You move forward and back with up and down, strafe with left and right, turn with L1 and R1, shoot the Mega Buster with square, and activate manual aiming with the D-pad/ Left analog stick by holding R2. With the vita you can remap the buttons to make it much more tolerable to play. Remap RS to R1, L1 to R2, and R1 to square and it plays somewhat like a twin stick shooter. You can turn left and right with the right stick, activate manual aiming with the left stick by holding L1 and shoot with R1. Later when you get jet boots I would remap L1 to circle (what you have to hold down to use the jet boots) whenever I needed to use them to clear a racing mini-game.That jury-rigged twin stick configuration mostly works, but because its not true analog stick support you can only turn so fast to the left and right which can make it difficult to hit fast moving, flying enemies. There is the option to have it auto-lock on, but it doesn't always work unless you are fairly close. I mostly ran into trouble with one particular flying boss and a very tall boss that the weak point was near its head. If the enemy is at ground level it is easy enough to circle strafe the enemy and fire with the 2 sticks.

It has aged ok, but doesn't really do anything too exceptional when viewed through modern eyes. It takes 9-11 hours to do all the sidequests and finish the game which is good, because if it was as long as a traditonal RPG I have a feeling it would have become repetitive. You can finish it without it overstaying its welcome. When exploring it can be a little bit difficult to keep your bearings even with the map (accessed by pressing select) as the map only shows the current section of the tunnel you are in which can make it difficult to find your way back out. The story is pretty simple and forgettable, though it does have some mildly interesting swerves at the end of the game. The pirates and servsbots also inject a light amount of humor into the game. The only glitch I encountered was the audio for cutscenes plays slightly faster than the video of the cutscenes so the longer it goes on the more out of sync it becomes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been seeing lots of recs for Lost Odyssey, should I go pick it up? I hope Blue Dragon gets the BC treatment too. Never finished it when I had a 360. 

No, you're right Top. Lost Odyssey is awesome.

I'll have to find that and Blue Dragon now.
don't I fucking know it... I was just throwing that disclaimer in there because I didn't want to start some stupid debate

YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE??? THE BEST RPG EVER MADE IS LOST fuckING ODYSSEY!!!! BLUE DRAGON WAS TOO BUSY LICKING FINAL FANTASY'S ASSHOLE TO NOTICE!!!!!

discusssssssssssssssssssssss

haha.... mentioning lost odyssey made me remember comments I made a few years ago in the deals forum about getting a boner just from talking about lost odyssey... ahh, memories.... pour one for ninja squirrel

Tyler, I think you said you were able to get a Samus Amiibo after looking around, but just in case (and for anyone else interested in Amiibo):
Awesome thank you! Locked one in, will still switch to amazon if i get the chance but got one for sure now. Definitely my most wanted amiibo. Only other one i really want is toon link, but im less hopefull that one will get a reprint.

I forgot all about Lost Odyssey. I only got an hour or two into the game while I had the chance to play it. Games just like that are right up my alley.

I want an Xbox 360 now. Just saw that it's coming to Xbox One.

I love it when I reach that point in an awful game and I know I should just stop. Then I update my trophies on psnp and see that I'm ranked a 'C' because the average person would have the smarts to stop by now. And then I'm like 'nah, I'll keep going. gotta get that to an A', thus proving that I have below average intelligence.

I love it when I reach that point in an awful game and I know I should just stop. Then I update my trophies on psnp and see that I'm ranked a 'C' because the average person would have the smarts to stop by now. And then I'm like 'nah, I'll keep going. gotta get that to an A', thus proving that I have below average intelligence.
But you got an A.

Lost Odyssey was great, but screw that "pick up every item" achievement. It was probably a single piece of gold from that one dungeon with all the scattered money, too.

I finished Portal for the first time. The last three levels got pretty difficult, especially some of the jumping portal mechanics. Took me 3 days so I wouldn't get dizzy but I finished it. Good game.

Next up: Mass Effect or Gun.

No we all hung out and shot the shit in the psn thread til everyone whined about the off topic chatter, so we moved here.

Pretty sure OTT is as dead as the cag childs play charity drive

bread's done
Back