PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

These fucking little enemies that you completely whiff on even though you're locked on is complete bullshit.

Also, why does switching locked on targets take you to the farthest one instead of the one right next to you? So dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
These fucking little enemies that you completely whiff on even though you're locked on is complete bullshit.

Also, why does switching locked on targets take you to the farthest one instead of the one right next to you? So dumb.
What weapon are you using? The Large weapons you can continue to aim them after you start the swing. I believe it's the left stick. So if they start in front and zip to your right after you wind up your swing, you can manually correct the swing by pressing the stick to the right. Ultra great swords, great axes, and great hammers can be aimed. So if you are moving awhile swinging it won't necessarily swing at what you are locked on to. If you plant your feet and don't touch the stick, then it will swing at the direction of the lock-on.

I thought it went toward the enemy you point to with the stick, but it has been awhile. What happens when you press down, or Down-left / down-right?

What weapon are you using? The Large weapons you can continue to aim them after you start the swing. I believe it's the left stick. So if they start in front and zip to your right after you wind up your swing, you can manually correct the swing by pressing the stick to the right. Ultra great swords, great axes, and great hammers can be aimed. So if you are moving awhile swinging it won't necessarily swing at what you are locked on to. If you plant your feet and don't touch the stick, then it will swing at the direction of the lock-on.

I thought it went toward the enemy you point to with the stick, but it has been awhile. What happens when you press down, or Down-left / down-right?
It was the Heide Knight Sword. It's move motion even looks like it sweeps up so it should hit the super low enemies like those hollows that crawl on the ground but still totally whiffs. I made that post raging about the Rat Authority boss. The boss itself was fine, it was the four little rats that cause toxic that were driving me nuts. I finally beat it though. Just have the Iron Keep left to get the four major souls to move on to the second half of the game.

I haven't tried pushing down, I'll see if that makes it better. I usually just flick the stick left or right.

3000 trophies finally.

Wasn't sure if it would be Watch Dogs 2 or Uncharted 4.  

2qtgtw1.jpg

I forgot how much I liked skyrim. Glad they remastered this one.
the only issue I have with skyrim or pretty much any elder scrolls game is I start wandering off, roaming around, doing side quests or just enjoying the scenery and invest crap loads of hours and then I start losing time to play it and when I'm finally able to play again I have no idea who I am or what I'm doing and have to start over because i feel like I need to re-emerse (spelling? ) myself in it

the only issue I have with skyrim or pretty much any elder scrolls game is I start wandering off, roaming around, doing side quests or just enjoying the scenery and invest crap loads of hours and then I start losing time to play it and when I'm finally able to play again I have no idea who I am or what I'm doing and have to start over because i feel like I need to re-emerse (spelling? ) myself in it
I don't have this problem with Skyrim as much since they have a pretty good quest log. I definitely do that with some jrpgs though.

Btw, do any of you have experience with these type of meal replacement/protein shake thing. I don't have time to eat lunch at work and don't wake up with enough time to make me something so I was looking into this so I wouldn't be starving myself all day
http://m.gnc.com/GNC-Total-Lean-Lean-Shake-25/product.jsp?productId=41843496
Are you able to eat an apple? If so, grab whey protein from Amazon or Vitacost (cheaper than GNC, generally) and drink that with the apple.

If you're lactose intolerant, you'll get the farts from whey protein. Go with a vegetable-based protein in that case.

As for that specific product, it's fine. I mentioned the apple because, while the shake has 200 calories, those calories are in liquid form. You may not feel satisfied by merely drinking calories. Try it out; if it doesn't work, go with something else.

Smelter Demon is whupping my ass.

Finally beat him, ended up using a Human Effigy and a Life +1 Ring to give me some extra wiggle room.

It was the Heide Knight Sword. It's move motion even looks like it sweeps up so it should hit the super low enemies like those hollows that crawl on the ground but still totally whiffs. I made that post raging about the Rat Authority boss. The boss itself was fine, it was the four little rats that cause toxic that were driving me nuts. I finally beat it though. Just have the Iron Keep left to get the four major souls to move on to the second half of the game.

I haven't tried pushing down, I'll see if that makes it better. I usually just flick the stick left or right.
A heavier weapon would be good for enemies low to the ground as a lot of them have overhead smashes or some pyromancy / spells / hexes / miracles to kill them before they get to you. I like Dark Orb as it is really quick to cast and you get a lot of casts. I mainly used it to neutralize those exploding hollows in the Lost Bastille.

Smelter Demon is whupping my ass.

Finally beat him, ended up using a Human Effigy and a Life +1 Ring to give me some extra wiggle room.
That means next up is one of the more dastardly bosses in the game, the hole in the floor. Far more dangerous and deadly than the actual boss.

Are you able to eat an apple? If so, grab whey protein from Amazon or Vitacost (cheaper than GNC, generally) and drink that with the apple.

If you're lactose intolerant, you'll get the farts from whey protein. Go with a vegetable-based protein in that case.

As for that specific product, it's fine. I mentioned the apple because, while the shake has 200 calories, those calories are in liquid form. You may not feel satisfied by merely drinking calories. Try it out; if it doesn't work, go with something else.
I work at a call center type thing so I mean we can snack if we want, but I know someone is gonna hear me chewing on an apple if I do that. That's why I was thinking the shake. I tried salads but a sale at 10am when I get my lunch is not something I'm really looking forward to and I end up not eating it .

I had been eating a banana and a tiny bit of peanut butter in the morning at the start of my shift, but I still needed something in between. In starting to get headaches and come home starving and want to eat everything in the house

A heavier weapon would be good for enemies low to the ground as a lot of them have overhead smashes or some pyromancy / spells / hexes / miracles to kill them before they get to you. I like Dark Orb as it is really quick to cast and you get a lot of casts. I mainly used it to neutralize those exploding hollows in the Lost Bastille.

That means next up is one of the more dastardly bosses in the game, the hole in the floor. Far more dangerous and deadly than the actual boss.
Haha, I was able to avoid the hole the entire time. The boss scared me but he went down pretty easy. I got a shit ton of Blackstee Katanas and I read they're one of the better weapons in the game so I'm going to upgrade one to +10 and go with that for awhile.

I'm not using any spells. My attunement is only at 2 and I'm not gonna put any points in until I'm farther along since I believe I need 8 levels into it just for one spell slot.

Did you go back down the stairs after Smelter Demon?
Yeah, I got that ring. It was like my 8th time fighting a Pursuer. I haven't been playing completely blind. I've been using a guide when I come across a Pharros contraption to see if it's worth using a lock stone, to see where the next area I need to go to is, and where important rings are.

Yeah, I got that ring. It was like my 8th time fighting a Pursuer. I haven't been playing completely blind. I've been using a guide when I come across a Pharros contraption to see if it's worth using a lock stone, to see where the next area I need to go to is, and where important rings are.
Haha, I was able to avoid the hole the entire time. The boss scared me but he went down pretty easy. I got a shit ton of Blackstee Katanas and I read they're one of the better weapons in the game so I'm going to upgrade one to +10 and go with that for awhile.

I'm not using any spells. My attunement is only at 2 and I'm not gonna put any points in until I'm farther along since I believe I need 8 levels into it just for one spell slot.
Attunement does a few things, it adds extra memory slots so you can equip more spells, it increases the amount of casts for each equipped spell, it increases spell casting speed, and 3 points of attunement = 1 point of adaptability for the purposes of raising agility (which increases dodge i-frames and estus drinking speed). 10 for the first memory slot, 13 for the 2nd, 16 for the 3rd, 20 for the 4th, 25 for the 5th, etc.

Even if you don't plan to raise Intelligence or Faith to do spells / hexes/ miracles it's nice to have some memory slots to use pyromancy as it mainly scales with the power of the flame which just costs fire seeds and souls to upgrade. Even if just for Flash Sweat which greatly reduces fire damage or Warmth which can be used to heal NPC summons. There's also a ring and a hat which can add extra attunement slots. You probably already have the ring, the Southern Ritual Band, as you get it after killing the Gargoyles.

Attunement does a few things, it adds extra memory slots so you can equip more spells, it increases the amount of casts for each equipped spell, it increases spell casting speed, and 3 points of attunement = 1 point of adaptability for the purposes of raising agility (which increases dodge i-frames and estus drinking speed). 10 for the first memory slot, 13 for the 2nd, 16 for the 3rd, 20 for the 4th, 25 for the 5th, etc.

Even if you don't plan to raise Intelligence or Faith to do spells / hexes/ miracles it's nice to have some memory slots to use pyromancy as it mainly scales with the power of the flame which just costs fire seeds and souls to upgrade. Even if just for Flash Sweat which greatly reduces fire damage or Warmth which can be used to heal NPC summons. There's also a ring and a hat which can add extra attunement slots. You probably already have the ring, the Southern Ritual Band, as you get it after killing the Gargoyles.
I forgot about the ring, I might just wear that. I'll probably put points into attunement later on when I'm farming for armor/weapons and have a ton of souls.

Holy fuck, that room in the Undead Crypt that you drop down into and zombies start ringing bells is driving me insane. Tell me why the bosses are ridiculously easy but any time they send more than three enemies at you, you're fucked.

Yas, beat the Dark Souls II story. Still have a ton of other stuff to do though. It's crazy how the final three bosses were pretty easy but I get my ass handed to me incredibly fast in one of those Pilgrims of the Dark dungeons.

Yas, beat the Dark Souls II story. Still have a ton of other stuff to do though. It's crazy how the final three bosses were pretty easy but I get my ass handed to me incredibly fast in one of those Pilgrims of the Dark dungeons.
Dark Chasm of Old is pretty brutal, especially since it costs an effigy each time to enter, the boss at the end of the covenant is no joke either.

I liked the Mirror Knight boss and hated the Darklurker. If you need to level up quick you can fight the Giant Lord over by using a bonfire asectic. There's a bonfire asectic at the beginning of the Giant Lord battle up the left stairs so you won't lose one. I ended up using hexes after my first playthrough and it was a lot of fun. I'm going to replay DS2 since I never played the DLC.

I work at a call center type thing so I mean we can snack if we want, but I know someone is gonna hear me chewing on an apple if I do that. That's why I was thinking the shake. I tried salads but a sale at 10am when I get my lunch is not something I'm really looking forward to and I end up not eating it .

I had been eating a banana and a tiny bit of peanut butter in the morning at the start of my shift, but I still needed something in between. In starting to get headaches and come home starving and want to eat everything in the house
If you have something at work that dispenses hot water, oatmeal is the way to go. Grab one of those quick oats containers, pour some water and oats in a cup, add whatever you want for flavor, and you'll be good and not hungry for hours.

Finished 100%ing Sleeping Dogs. Played 4 of the DLCs and I would say the best was Wheels of Fury (mainly because the car reward is awesome, Zodiac Tournament (or the new location and the challenge at the end of defeating enemies quickly), Year of the Snake (mainly its like a short campaign mode for cop Shen), and last is Nightmare in Northpoint (which was just pretty lame). I don't know what I was expecting with Nightmare in Northpoint, maybe something more like dead rising with traditional zombies instead of those bizarre hopping enemies.

Finished 100%ing Sleeping Dogs. Played 4 of the DLCs and I would say the best was Wheels of Fury (mainly because the car reward is awesome, Zodiac Tournament (or the new location and the challenge at the end of defeating enemies quickly), Year of the Snake (mainly its like a short campaign mode for cop Shen), and last is Nightmare in Northpoint (which was just pretty lame). I don't know what I was expecting with Nightmare in Northpoint, maybe something more like dead rising with traditional zombies instead of those bizarre hopping enemies.
Nightmare in Northpoint was really dumb.

My 4,000th trophy was "Bronze Revenge" from Batman: Arkham City. I remember planning that shit out for months to get it just right.

bread's done
Back