PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

Ah yes I remember planning that milestone as I do with all significant milestones that people totally care about and think I'm awesome for achieving.

It was a cold day and I was feeling a little depressed about it being the 12th anniversary of 9/11. I remember thinking "How can I honor the memories of those we lost?" I knew there was no way to capture all terrorist monsters and put them to justice. But you know what...I could get that "Gotcha" trophy in Dragon Fantasy Book II as my 4000th trophy. At least I could capture a monster in the game and in turn contribute to the world in a meaningful and significant way.

Ah yes I remember planning that milestone as I do with all significant milestones that people totally care about and think I'm awesome for achieving.

It was a cold day and I was feeling a little depressed about it being the 12th anniversary of 9/11. I remember thinking "How can I honor the memories of those we lost?" I knew there was no way to capture all terrorist monsters and put them to justice. But you know what...I could get that "Gotcha" trophy in Dragon Fantasy Book II as my 4000th trophy. At least I could capture a monster in the game and in turn contribute to the world in a meaningful and significant way.
You're an American Hero!

I'm playing the Yooka-Laylee demo. They don't at all try to hide the fact that it's made by ex-Rare guys and that it's a tribute to the Banjo Kazooie games. 

I'm sort of thinking maybe I shouldn't have started it so I could go into the game fresh, but it's fun nonetheless.

You made this joke like two weeks ago, bruh.

You probably went back and hid the post where you made fun of people planning ahead for trophy milestones, I wouldn't be surprised, it's cool though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to go for all the Dark Souls II weapons and equipment but holy shit, there's so much, this is gonna take forever. I'm just gonna get the platinum.

1S48153b.png

Check out that sweet Lego Avengers Platinum!

I'm coming for you Gator!
Why don't you set your sites a bit lower and see if you can pass me by the end of the year. Seeing as I am playing lots of XBox One games mixed in that might be more achievable.

I picked up the Watch Dogs 2 plat the other day.

Other then Batman and maybe Back to the Future telltale games not sure what others I will even attempt this year. Have a small stack of games for both consoles I want to try to alternate through.

I'm playing the Yooka-Laylee demo. They don't at all try to hide the fact that it's made by ex-Rare guys and that it's a tribute to the Banjo Kazooie games.

I'm sort of thinking maybe I shouldn't have started it so I could go into the game fresh, but it's fun nonetheless.
I'm excited for this game, reminded me of Banjo Kazooie entirely when I saw the trailer before foe for the kick starter. Can't wait to play it when it comes out, I had lots of fun with banjo kazooie and replays .

Why don't you set your sites a bit lower and see if you can pass me by the end of the year. Seeing as I am playing lots of XBox One games mixed in that might be more achievable.
Let's see, well it took me 5 years to earn my mighty 3 platinums.

Gator has something like 500.....

3 goes into 500.... 167 times.

So take 167 times 5....

should take me about 835 years to catch up to him. seems doable.

I've been stuck on a level in the division for a while now so I reluctantly joined a party with some randoms and the game decided to drop me somewhere completely closed off from my teammates. I spent about 5 minutes frantically running around trying to reach them until I got kicked...

fuck the division. See if I ever play you again.

I've been stuck on a level in the division for a while now so I reluctantly joined a party with some randoms and the game decided to drop me somewhere completely closed off from my teammates. I spent about 5 minutes frantically running around trying to reach them until I got kicked...

fuck the division. See if I ever play you again.
Would you say there was a division between you and your team?

Let's see, well it took me 5 years to earn my mighty 3 platinums.

Gator has something like 500.....

3 goes into 500.... 167 times.

So take 167 times 5....

should take me about 835 years to catch up to him. seems doable.
You forgot to factor in how many he will earn in the next 835 years.

I preferred farming The Rotten to get enough Soul Memory to bypass the first half of the game in NG++, though that requires having a bunch of Bonfire Ascetics beforehand.
I saw someone say they had to farm the guy like 200 times or some shit. I would rather just speed run the bosses. Plus what's cool about Giant Lord is you can get a bonfire ascetic every time, and I'm doing it to overlevel and buy a bunch of items.

I saw someone say they had to farm the guy like 200 times or some shit. I would rather just speed run the bosses. Plus what's cool about Giant Lord is you can get a bonfire ascetic every time, and I'm doing it to overlevel and buy a bunch of items.
Yeah, it was a lot, but not nearly that many since I barely used soul consumables--I think I fought him closer to 30-40 times. I didn't want to deal with the other areas again on NG++, so I farmed The Rotten on NG+ to get the Soul items he dropped to then use while in NG++ to open the 2-million-soul door.

Yeah, it was a lot, but not nearly that many since I barely used soul consumables--I think I fought him closer to 30-40 times. I didn't want to deal with the other areas again on NG++, so I farmed The Rotten on NG+ to get the Soul items he dropped to then use while in NG++ to open the 2-million-soul door.
Acquiring consumables worth 3 million souls in NG+ and then popping them seems like a waste of time, as you get a significant amount of souls from the actual kill of the boss as well. If you wear +soul gear (covetous silver ring +2 from Mytha in NG+, jester gloves or Tseldora gloves, Tseldora Trousers, Tseldora cap, kill Titchy Gren before you leave NG to buy Nahr Alma Robes from Helentia; a total of +27% souls), and consume the 2 souls you get from killing the Rotten at bonfire STR 2 and above each time, it's like 12-14 times to get to 3 million Soul memory during NG++ for the Shrine of Winter skip.

it doesn't take that long to get to the Rotten in NG++. Wear fall damage gear and you can immediately go through the grave of the saints as soon as you exit the Things Betwixt. There is a Fragrant branch of Yore in The Gutter and the Black Gulch so you don't even have to go into the Forest of the Fallen Giants. I think it only took me 3 hours from the start of NG++ to acquiring the items from the vendor in Dranglec Castle for the plat.

Something else you can do is hold onto any boss souls that are used for weapon crafting, spells, or hexes that you don't plan to actually use in battle (only use them to get pyromancies and Miracles) and then get to the end of NG+. Create a back-up, jump to NG++. Consume all those boss souls and farm the Rotten to get the last 2 miracles and pyromancy from Chancellar Wellager for the trophies, then revert to your NG+ save to get the Hexes and Spells with those boss souls.

It would probably be a good idea to do all the DLC areas before you go too crazy acquiring souls from the Giant Lord in case you need summoning help. Each of the 3 DLCs have an area which is designed for co-op and if your soul memory gets too high in NG you might have difficulty finding partners if you need help.

You made this joke like two weeks ago, bruh.

I never made a 9/11 trophy related post in my life. As someone who's so obsessed with me and everything I say, I'd expect you to know better.

You probably went back and hid the post where you made fun of people planning ahead for trophy milestones, I wouldn't be surprised, it's cool though.
Seeing as how I've been on psnot through your entire relationship and I was in the destiny flawless raid team with you both, can I be the best man for one of you when you get married?

Girl scout cookies are serious business.  I saw GSC flavored gum yesterday.  The best is the GSC flavored nestle crunch bars and the old GSC flavored ice cream, which they don't make any more.  I think it was Edy's.  Breyers now has the rights to make GSC ice cream, but it's not as good.

gaming updates:

- binge played ffxiv for a month to try to get to the end game stuff and promptly discovered the end game stuff is either a.) extremely dated (i.e. the rewards are for long post-50 quests are considerably weaker than stuff you can buy on the player market for a few thousand gil) or b.) more effort / learning than I want to put in.  swell mmo, 30 days was enough.  I'm glad I accidentally conned a bunch of us in to buying it and I'll probably keep running dungeons/hunts/etc for the next 10 days until my sub runs out because that's the most fun stuff.

- letter quest is cool.  the 'farted' glitch is awesome.  I like it.

- everyday I try to get started on bioshock and every day I get distracted by something else.  like playing pvzgw2 all night or doing street fighter 5 challenges.  I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

- I did finally try super dungeon bros and did not care for it

Yeah, that's gonna be boring.
This will help speed up the process significantly if you haven't already found this method. Despawn all the enemies that are closer than the distance from the Mad Warrior's spawn point (not just in the Belfry, but all enemies within 360 degrees). Now use unveil at the bonfire. If it flies to the left, no Mad Warrior, reset at the bonfire and recast. If it flies to the right, mad warrior spawned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vmYkL8K62M

This will help speed up the process significantly if you haven't already found this method. Despawn all the enemies that are closer than the distance from the Mad Warrior's spawn point (not just in the Belfry, but all enemies within 360 degrees). Now use unveil at the bonfire. If it flies to the left, no Mad Warrior, reset at the bonfire and recast. If it flies to the right, mad warrior spawned.
Will this work for the PS3, non-SotFS version? I plan on going through that someday.

Will this work for the PS3, non-SotFS version? I plan on going through that someday.
It should as well since unveil goes toward the nearest enemy / invading spirit. If you obliterate every other enemy that spawns closer, then it will only go toward the right when the Mad Warrior has spawned.

Though there is another method that works on the PS3 disc version which is the one I used before I knew about the unveil trick. This method is probably also faster since you don't have to despawn any enemies. Mute / turn the sound on your TV down all the way. When you click to sit down at the Belfry bonfire the PS3 will read the disc one time to reset all the enemies. After you sit down, if the PS3 reads the disc a second time as the fog is clearing on the screen, that means it is spawning the mad warrior. Skip to 55 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD6Y9hxA6Z0

It should as well since unveil goes toward the nearest enemy / invading spirit. If you obliterate every other enemy that spawns closer, then it will only go toward the right when the Mad Warrior has spawned.

Though there is another method that works on the PS3 disc version which is the one I used before I knew about the unveil trick. This method is probably also faster since you don't have to despawn any enemies. Mute / turn the sound on your TV down all the way. When you click to sit down at the Belfry bonfire the PS3 will read the disc one time to reset all the enemies. After you sit down, if the PS3 reads the disc a second time as the fog is clearing on the screen, that means it is spawning the mad warrior. Skip to 55 seconds.
Thanks, that'll be a big help.

gaming updates:

- binge played ffxiv for a month to try to get to the end game stuff and promptly discovered the end game stuff is either a.) extremely dated (i.e. the rewards are for long post-50 quests are considerably weaker than stuff you can buy on the player market for a few thousand gil) or b.) more effort / learning than I want to put in. swell mmo, 30 days was enough. I'm glad I accidentally conned a bunch of us in to buying it and I'll probably keep running dungeons/hunts/etc for the next 10 days until my sub runs out because that's the most fun stuff.

- letter quest is cool. the 'farted' glitch is awesome. I like it.

- everyday I try to get started on bioshock and every day I get distracted by something else. like playing pvzgw2 all night or doing street fighter 5 challenges. I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

- I did finally try super dungeon bros and did not care for it
What MMO you wanna play next?

bread's done
Back