PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

I just checked your trophy list--you've never actually played Hatsune Miku before? Are the two free songs any good?
Nope - never played it before. One of our kids has one of the earlier games on PS3, but I'd never tried it myself.

The free songs are pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky Force Anniversary is decently fun. But it's kind of annoying because it has a level up mechanic going on. I like my shmups where you might unlock new ships (that have pluses and minuses), sure, but you don't have to grind to make your weapons more powerful and such on subsequent runs. Plus I unlocked the 2nd level fine, but then the 3rd level I can't play until I get more badges. Not a fan of that mechanic. Just let me go onto the next level.

It is pretty good so far. I'm only two temples in, so who knows how I'll feel about it thirty hours from now.

Every review that ever stated that it was a love letter to NES/SNES Zelda games is absolutely correct. Everything, down to the music, is a tribute.

It is pretty good so far. I'm only two temples in, so who knows how I'll feel about it thirty hours from now.

Every review that ever stated that it was a love letter to NES/SNES Zelda games is absolutely correct. Everything, down to the music, is a tribute.
If you want more guidance for certain trophies, check out my trophy guide addendum. https://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/241/entry-24444-addendum-to-3d-dot-game-heroes-trophy-guide/

If you just want to enjoy the first playthrough than my main advice is to try to acquire 20 small blocks in the first playthrough to buy Excalibur (the best sword for use in the first 80% of each playthrough) and if you have small blocks left after that, buy the mage sword. The mage sword reduces the cost of casting and frost magic will be used pretty extensively in later playthroughs to more easily survive / to farm gold and small blocks.

I started playing the Teleporters DLC for Stealth Inc and I'm not sure how S-ranking the stages is going to be possible with these awful teleporter controls. Maybe if I play on PS3.

that goddamn diamond cup
I don't know if it's the same for Vita but it's obvious that the PS4 times have been cheated. I don't know how they do it though or why they keep doing it. Not having to get a diamond cup is why I chose the PS4 version over the Vita.

Lol cuz you don't.

high-horse-7.jpg-7.jpg

I don't know if it's the same for Vita but it's obvious that the PS4 times have been cheated. I don't know how they do it though or why they keep doing it. Not having to get a diamond cup is why I chose the PS4 version over the Vita.
nah, they're probably not cheated. some of the people that are in the top ranks have literally been playing the dailies every day since it released and they have so many little tweaks that they can easily get better times by seconds than your best time. it wasn't until I was deep in to the rabbit hole that I learned how to do some of the little things (like run+attack -> jump goes way faster than just run -> jump, attacking down a hill is faster than sliding which is faster than running, bouncing off walls with the down slam in vertical stages, etc). it still took until I got to a run I was pretty well practiced at and probably 150 tries to shave the needed 0.2 seconds to stay in the top 8 or whatever to get that diamond cup.

and then I took like a year off before finishing the grind of awesomeness. pretty outrageous fucking plat.

What should I have for dinner? Here are my options:

1. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

2. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

3. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

4. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

5. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

6. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

7. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

8. Grilled Cheese Sandwich

9. Ham and Cheese Sandwhich

10. PB&J Sandwhich

9. Ham and Cheese Sandwhich

10. PB&J Sandwhich
Will mayo be involved?

One day i think mild posted where there was a glitch in the daily challenge so you could only get so far before it force killed you. so everyone who got to that point got the diamond cup. thats when i got it. I'm the best!

9. Ham and Cheese Sandwhich

10. PB&J Sandwhich
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwhich

That's what I had.

Also how are you guys liking Nioh? Is it harder than Dark Souls?
I'm really enjoying it; I'm maybe 30-40% through the main story (I think), but it doesn't feel that difficult once you're used to how combat works. The most recent storyline level I played (Itsukushima, with the 3 torches) was more annoying than difficult thanks to the way-too-many insta-kill water pits.

nioh is terrific.  It isn't very hard after the first half dozen story chapters, but that's mostly because you've already seen everything at that point (more or less) and you're used to the rhythm of the game.  there's very few totally cheap deaths (although there's a couple that are clear setups and those always make me laugh).  there is one minor difficulty spike about halfway through where suddenly things feel way harder.  no idea why.  but it disappears after a couple missions and it's back to being not so hard.  also, there's a frog boss that stands upright and smokes a pipe.

if you play it, you'll have a lot more fun if you ignore the crap on the internet about the game.  

My Horizon has arrived. The question is do I take tomorrow off or not? I've never done that for a game. Leaning toward yes....
Yes, of course you should. It might be the only way you ever finish it.

I feel like as soon as I buy the ME trilogy, they're going to announce it's coming out for PS4.
They've already missed the best possible window to release a remaster. I'd be surprised if they ever do it. Also, isn't it like $4.50 right now? Just get it if you want it.

Yes, of course you should. It might be the only way you ever finish it.

They've already missed the best possible window to release a remaster. I'd be surprised if they ever do it. Also, isn't it like $4.50 right now? Just get it if you want it.
True, being out only $4.50 isn't much of a face slap.

I never played a full Dark Souls, but I imagine Nioh is way easier. The enemies are repeated way more frequently and their attack patterns seem a lot easier to discern. 

The game is quite a bit of fun, and really long, but I'd imagine Dark Souls pros will fucking sail through it.

So my grandma passed away last night, which is shitty. However, I am now going to inherit a life changing amount of money (at least for me). It's weird how these two feelings are mixing together. Maybe I'm just thinking about that because I don't really have time to think about her death and grieve because I found out right before a big test I had today and then I have another big test tomorrow. Or maybe I'm just an asshole.

So my grandma passed away last night, which is shitty. However, I am now going to inherit a life changing amount of money (at least for me). It's weird how these two feelings are mixing together. Maybe I'm just thinking about that because I don't really have time to think about her death and grieve because I found out right before a big test I had today and then I have another big test tomorrow. Or maybe I'm just an asshole.
Sorry for your loss...but congrats?

Horizon is cool so far. Only made it to level 5 before I quit for the night though. Did anyone else think (not really any spoilers, just making sure anyone that wants to go in completely blind doesn't see something they don't want to)

That baby Aloy's face was way too chubby for the rest of her body? I didn't really like that character model at all.

Horizon is cool so far. Only made it to level 5 before I quit for the night though. Did anyone else think (not really any spoilers, just making sure anyone that wants to go in completely blind doesn't see something they don't want to)

That baby Aloy's face was way too chubby for the rest of her body? I didn't really like that character model at all.
you're the worst

bread's done
Back