PSOne Fetish? Dude bought at least 60 PSOnes since August..

FlipSide

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
So I ebay'd my PSone because it was sitting there and gathering dust.. there was one bid on it so I check the guy's feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...80052121451&frm=1883&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:UFS

He has bought at least 60 PSOnes from what I can tell of his feedback since Aug 30..maybe more since that was the last of the valid Auctions on his feedback. Now here I am trying to figure out what he's doing with all those PSOnes? Reselling it? I dont see much of a profit..I just couldn't figure it out, any thoughts?

Ya' know... I used to get a large hispanic guy who came in when we still had PSOne systems and he would buy them all. No games or anything, just the systems. He probably came in about once a week until Sony stopped shipping them to us. Apparently, he and this guy know something we don't.

Could be he's donating them to, like, children's hospitals or something but ohh nooo let's all assume he's some kind of weirdo.

Maybe he's looking for one to convert into a CD stereo system.

I'm the same way with XBOX consoles... I can't stop buying them. I have about 40 now and some mountain dew green ones, some halo green ones, and a white panzer one from japan.

it's an addiction...

plus we host xbox tournaments. :)

Chances are he's a reseller. I'm guessing there's a demand for them, likely overseas. When I looked for a PSone a couple of years ago, a TRU employee said there was this guy who regularly bought whatever little stock they got, did "something" with it (installed a modchip?) and sold them overseas.

[quote name='eldad9']Chances are he's a reseller. I'm guessing there's a demand for them, likely overseas. When I looked for a PSone a couple of years ago, a TRU employee said there was this guy who regularly bought whatever little stock they got, did "something" with it (installed a modchip?) and sold them overseas.[/quote]

You sir, are correct.

I used to do this a while ago, and will be doing it again soon, with another system. (PStwo)

I ran into one guy who was the same, but with Silent Hill. I checked his feedback once (he bought a Silent Hill guide from me), and browsed thru all the auctions he won (he only had about 11 feedbacks at the time). Just about every one of them was for a Silent Hill 1 strategy guide. And no, I highly doubt he was a reseller, because he was paying top dollar for these. It didn't stop either. His feedback just kept on growing, and they were basically all for Silent Hill games and guides (with like..2 Resident Evil auctions). There are some strange people out there....

probably for the modding...but it could be for the resale value years down the road. for some reason hes buying only the newer style of the ps1. remember the top loading nes....now its worth top dollar. maybe he's banking his life savings on that happening again in 10 yrs :)

Usually they are sold for a profit over seas. When I used to manage an EB Games I had a couple different guys always wanting PSOnes.

i once saw a guy who ceaselessly bought Hot Shots Golf 3. idk, maybe they want to artificially make a game/console rare. good luck guys.

When I worked at TRU there were these two guys would always try to buy all of our psone stock. Always paid with 100 dollar bills......

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']You sir, are correct.

I used to do this a while ago, and will be doing it again soon, with another system. (PStwo)[/quote]

Yeah buy them for cheap and then sell them to say South america where they dont have much money for a huge profit.

Nah, he's stringing the processors together for cheap missile guidance systems.

Oh, the PSOne and LCD screen are great for creating your own PSOne Portable. That's another possibility. A lot of people are making handheld PSOne systems these days and selling them for $300 or so.

Why is the PS1 such a great cd player? PS2 is a lousy dvd player so I can't believe PS1 would have a "better than average" audio capability.

[quote name='fred_h_haddad']Why is the PS1 such a great cd player? PS2 is a lousy dvd player so I can't believe PS1 would have a "better than average" audio capability.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, it seems really weird that you have to leave it on for a few days to get the good results as well.

bread's done
Back