PSone Hip Gear Battery Pack $3.99 @ CompUSA (YMMV)

Miktrebla

CAG Veteran
Probably YMMV, but I stopped by CompUSA in San Jose, and found the PSone Hip Gear Battery Pack for only $3.99. It's probably a mistake, but if you live in the area, you may want to pick up a few, as they had a lot. The person who rang me up was pretty surprised as well, so you may want to hurry.

I just got a psone too. I went to Compusa and it was $3.99. I picked it up and put it back down. It is HEAVY!!! Totally ruins the portability for me.

You think one is heavy...I have two of them piggybacked on top of one another. Now THAT'S heavy. But it's worth it. Get a decent bag to store it all in with decent straps and it really isn't all that bad. They're small and portable, just a little on the hefty side. But they last a loooooong time. Nine hours of Final Fantasy VIII without worrying about an outlet...

Yeah, when I picked it up, I was really confused whether there were two batteries. But for 4.5 hours, it's worth it. It's not like I can't support that weight. :|

found it: google cache. I hope it is correct:
you can call ahead and see if the store has it in stock.

I don't have a CompUSA anywhere near me, but I've been looking for a battery for my PSOne combo for a while now. If anyone can grab an extra, I'd love to work something out.

Well if it's THAT heavy don't worry about it - if I can come out less than $10 tho, I'll still have a good deal. Thanks. :)

After reading what you guys wrote I went back and grabbed two. You can't beat $4 bucks for a battery pack. It is a little heavy but I like it. I think when I first picked it up it freaked me out because in the box it feels lopsided because it doesn't take up the whole box. Definitely worth it...THANKS FOR THE DEAL!

The PSOne with LCD screen for 37.48 at Target. Plus two HipGear battery packs for $3.99 each at CompUsa and all for less than 50 bucks! I am a happy man. A great big thanks to JibbaJabba and Miktrebla for the heads up on those great deals. And as always, thanks cheapassgamer.

littlemonkey

I hate reading about B&M deals while I'm at work. At least with online deals, I can get instant results instead of having to wait for hours before I see if I can score one.

Yea, I leave work to pick up deals when I can, btw this hip gear battery pack....is this like something you wear on yourself? or is it mean hip as in cool?

btw my target sucks, no clearance :( on video games

No, you don't wear it on your hip unless you're trying to give that area a little extra voltage.

It sits under the PSOne...

I picked up 5 today, I'm willing to trade out two or three of them for those CAGs in need.

Well, my local CompUSA doesn't have any (although they did have the Gamecube LCD screen for $67).

I need two of these battery packs though, so if any of you get extras, PM me with your price.

For all Miami CAGers:
Went over to the CompUSA in North Miami FL. today (5-18-04) and found 3 of these battery packs in stock. Sticker marked $39.99 but the register had it at $3.99.

bread's done
Back