PSP 1000 analog stick fubar

OnyxPrimal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
well the analog stick is just constantly going left. Should I try to replace, or take advantage of Gamestop's $20 extra trade in ($35 dollars total)?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Gamestop doesn't take broken systems, unless they don't test it when you trade it in.[/QUOTE]

It works fine for about 5 min when you turn it on. :) I actually ordered a replacement assembly to see if that works. If not I'm out $3, If it does I can get back to playing Half Minute Hero. :)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']It works fine for about 5 min when you turn it on. :) I actually ordered a replacement assembly to see if that works. If not I'm out $3, If it does I can get back to playing Half Minute Hero. :)[/QUOTE]

Best route to go, it really isn't that hard to replace and well worth it.

I repaired my 2000's analog stick recently. Easy-peasy. Make sure you have a can of compressed air to get the dust off the LCD screen. And NEVER turn the faceplate upside, unless you want to clean off the inside faceplate screen from dust. Yes, the air is full of dust and you will never realize it until you try to keep your screen dust-free for one minute while you reassemble the faceplate. :p

I suggest trying to replace it. There are many guides and even youtube vids, just watch them until you feel comfortable doing it yourself. I always find opening up my PSP to be nerve-wracking, and I've done it maybe at least 6 times. Also, make sure not to lose any of the screws (though there are replacement sets on ebay, too).

EDIT: I strongly urge you to not disassemble your analog stick! I did that, and the pieces wouldn't fit back together again. ;_;

replacement is super easy >< lol mine kept going right, took a part from my friends destroyed ( had no screen... cover... buttons.. just the analog piece ) and swapped it out now it works great and i play monster hunter 3 like a boss :)

bread's done
Back