PSP 2000 149.99 @ BB.com

rex kwon do

CAGiversary!
Been a lurker for a couple of years but this is my first deal. Best Buy's website has the old PSP slim for 149.99. Not quite as good as the Dell coupon, but you could pick it up today and get RZ points. I checked and other places haven't dropped the price yet.

If I order this now and I can pick it up in-store tomorrow, what do I have to show them to prove it is mine? Just show my credit card?

Cool~ $10 more than the used gamestop one is a good deal, but I want to trade-in my old psp and get the $75. Does gamestop give cash for trade ins?

[quote name='terra-kun']Cool~ $10 more than the used gamestop one is a good deal, but I want to trade-in my old psp and get the $75. Does gamestop give cash for trade ins?[/quote]

Yeah but no bonus (now there is an extra 25 credit bump) and 20% less.

[quote name='Xerone']If I order this now and I can pick it up in-store tomorrow, what do I have to show them to prove it is mine? Just show my credit card?[/QUOTE]

The credit card you used, your ID, and your order number.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']The credit card you used, your ID, and your order number.[/quote]

They'd take my College ID, right? I've never had a problem using that, but I get nervous since I don't have a drivers license.

Has my name and photo on it and I've used it elsewhere when I've used my credit card.

They'll send you an email. Along with the credit card and id, even if it's a college id, it should be fine. Why don't you get a state issued id, if you don't have a license?

[quote name='Thongsy']They'll send you an email. Along with the credit card and id, even if it's a college id, it should be fine. Why don't you get a state issued id, if you don't have a license?[/quote]

I went to, but I need tax forms and a ton of crap to get one and I just started working in November. If I was a minor it'd prolly be easy to get a state ID. Yay for lameness.

But, what they didn't tell me when I went to the DMV (I just looked it up.) Is I can bring my Dad with his license and then something else (official piece of mail).

Ugh, this stuff makes me angry. :bomb:

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']OLD???? Old is better than new, at least in the PSP's case it is....[/quote]

Same with the PS3, except they never made an improvement with it (at least the 2000 was better than the original)- I can't stand that company :bomb: This is a pretty good deal., if this was universal it would be very competitive with the DS, I guess it would only be temporary since they discontinued the 2000.

This is a great price. I had some gift cards and reward zone gift certificate. Only paid $15 for mine! I like the 2000 better too, heard the 3000 had graphic errors. Glad I finally got one. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']OLD???? Old is better than new, at least in the PSP's case it is....[/quote]

why is the 2000 better than the 3000? the only thing i can find on google is an interlacing issue the 3000 has, besides that the 3000 seems to be superior... educate me please

[quote name='lolwaut']why is the 2000 better than the 3000? the only thing i can find on google is an interlacing issue the 3000 has, besides that the 3000 seems to be superior... educate me please[/quote]

cfw

i don't mind picking up another red psp at that price, but i doubt that's the bundle price... even then, i doubt local BB has any GoW PSP left.

[quote name='lolwaut']why is the 2000 better than the 3000? the only thing i can find on google is an interlacing issue the 3000 has, besides that the 3000 seems to be superior... educate me please[/quote]

yeah curious about the same thing.

There seems to be varying mileage about which screen is better... Personally I'm glad I picked up a 2000 and didn't wait for the 3000. I don't really play outside in the sun, so the improved contrast and glare reduction doesn't make much difference to me, and the interlacing issue seems pretty severe. I've only seen still screenshots though, maybe it's not as noticeable in motion.

Just a quick note, guys. IMO the interlacing issue on the 3000 has been blown WAY out of proportion. I just bought the Ratchet and Clank silver bundle a while back and I love the new screen. So far I've played Silent Hill: Origins, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, and Space Invaders Extreme and they all look beautiful. The only time I noticed any interlacing at all was while navigating the XMB, but I had to look closely for it. Basically, if you're not looking for it, you won't find it. Hope that helps anyone considering getting a 2000 vs. a 3000.

[quote name='Ed_']Tax kills it (a bit) for me:cry: with tax this is just a few bucks cheaper than the 3000 model @ Amazon
dot.PNG

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-3000-Core..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1231819924&sr=8-2[/QUOTE]

How much less quality is the one on amazon? Are the two comprable? Thanks ;)

[quote name='ev_rock']Just a quick note, guys. IMO the interlacing issue on the 3000 has been blown WAY out of proportion. I just bought the Ratchet and Clank silver bundle a while back and I love the new screen. So far I've played Silent Hill: Origins, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, and Space Invaders Extreme and they all look beautiful. The only time I noticed any interlacing at all was while navigating the XMB, but I had to look closely for it. Basically, if you're not looking for it, you won't find it. Hope that helps anyone considering getting a 2000 vs. a 3000.[/quote]

other than the improved screen resolution are there any major differences between the two?

[quote name='cmart05']other than the improved screen resolution are there any major differences between the two?[/quote]
The screen resolution is the same; the improvements are to refresh rate, color contrast, and glare reduction. The only other major difference is a built-in microphone for Skype.

the 3000 also provides a different level of protection against softmodding the system as was done with the earlier models

And if you're not a fan of fingerprints, the silver 3000 has a nice matte finish that prevents you from having to wipe it down after each play session. Ryuukishi and vherub covered everything else.

[quote name='Xerone']They'd take my College ID, right? I've never had a problem using that, but I get nervous since I don't have a drivers license.

Has my name and photo on it and I've used it elsewhere when I've used my credit card.[/quote]

Really all you need is the Credit Card and email printed out. I work at BB, and they very seldom ever ask for ID. They legally can't even ask for your ID when you use a credit card at the register because it is against their corporate policy, or at least for my store. You should be okay.

[quote name='ev_rock']And if you're not a fan of fingerprints, the silver 3000 has a nice matte finish that prevents you from having to wipe it down after each play session.[/quote]
This is actually the best thing about the 3000 IMO. :) That silver matte finish looks really slick.

[quote name='Squarehard']Really all you need is the Credit Card and email printed out. I work at BB, and they very seldom ever ask for ID. They legally can't even ask for your ID when you use a credit card at the register because it is against their corporate policy, or at least for my store. You should be okay.[/quote]

If you don't sign the card, then they must ask for ID.

Because of what interlacing is (quickly alternating between the two sets of lines displayed in order to fool the mind into seeing one picture) it will always appear worse in still shots. Most people blow this so out of proporion have never seen the screen outside of screenshots. If you are unsure, take the time to see for yourself....I personally am quite happy with the improved screen and no longer notice any issue.

[quote name='terra-kun']Amazon charges tax too O_O[/quote]

only for a few states. I live in CA and I've never paid for sales tax on Amazon.com

[quote name='mywhitenoise']only for a few states. I live in CA and I've never paid for sales tax on Amazon.com[/quote]
Lucky! I'm in Washington and Amazon.com charges tax so I hardly ever buy from them anymore.

the store in novi, mi has over 40 of the piano black psp-2000's in stock. I was working seasonal there until this past weekend. funny thing is that we just received the piano black 3000's in and were commenting on how on earth would we sell the 2000's having so many on-hand already.

we also received a second batch of the GOW red (2000 series) bundles recently (so much for it being "limited"), but I don't remember if we had any left as of last saturday.

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']

we also received a second batch of the GOW red (2000 series) bundles recently (so much for it being "limited"), but I don't remember if we had any left as of last saturday.[/quote]
How much for the red GOW PSP? $150?

The interlacing is awful. In fact, the whole screen has a warmer feel to it, coupled with the interlacing. It looks worse.

You do indeed see it in motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='terra-kun']Amazon charges tax too O_O[/quote]

No, no, what I meant was $149.99 + tax is just a few dollars shy of what a 3000 model would cost at Amazon.

[quote name='terra-kun']Lucky! I'm in Washington and Amazon.com charges tax so I hardly ever buy from them anymore.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that's because Amazon is BASED IN SEATTLE.

bread's done
Back