psp 3000( 2010) LBP holiday bundle YMMV $79.xx Radio Shack

cagdvdbargains

CAGiversary!
I purchased the Little Big Planet Holiday Bundle for PSP 3000, the one that came out last year at Radio Shack also includes the Karate Kid UMD. It was $79.97, but I bought an itunes card first and did the feedback survey at tellradioshack.com and got a 10 off 40, so it was 69.97 + tax. Extremely YMMV, as I went to 4 Radio Shacks in MA. Two did not have it, one had it at $81.74 or some odd price like that, and the one I bought it from had it at 79.97.

I know PSP Vita is coming out and PSP Go deals are around, but this seemed impulse worthy. They had a couple of Wii deals and their PSP GO was $149. Also, the Madden PSP bundles are still $169, but nothing great.

[quote name='cagdvdbargains']I purchased the Little Big Planet Holiday Bundle for PSP 3000, the one that came out last year at Radio Shack also includes the Karate Kid UMD. It was $79.97, but I bought an itunes card first and did the feedback survey at tellradioshack.com and got a 10 off 40, so it was 69.97 + tax. Extremely YMMV, as I went to 4 Radio Shacks in MA. Two did not have it, one had it at $81.74 or some odd price like that, and the one I bought it from had it at 79.97.

I know PSP Vita is coming out and PSP Go deals are around, but this seemed impulse worthy. They had a couple of Wii deals and their PSP GO was $149. Also, the Madden PSP bundles are still $169, but nothing great.[/QUOTE]

wow, sounds a great price for this psp system

Id like to see a PSP deal on Black Friday. What is everyone's thoughts on the PSPGo? I think if I got one I'd mainly play all my PS1 games I have on it. So would the PSPGo be a better fit?

oh yeah, it does not show up online as far as I can tell, so I don't think you will be able to get store inventory.

Radio Shack SKU 2601881 Sony PSP Holiday Bundle. Also, they added the restocking fee comment, don't know if that is normal.

[quote name='xcefkevin']Id like to see a PSP deal on Black Friday. What is everyone's thoughts on the PSPGo? I think if I got one I'd mainly play all my PS1 games I have on it. So would the PSPGo be a better fit?[/QUOTE]

PSPgos are excellent if you haven't bought any PSP games/UMDs before. But I wouldn't recommend buying a PSP for over $99 this late in its lifetime, even a go.

Meijers for the last 2 or 3 years did

BUY a psp package (mostly the 159.99 ) Get a 50 buck coupon for your next purchase so mostly 109.99

tempted to stop past my radio shack tomorrow and check it out but how run down it is (dont see how they can afford to pay MALL RENT (place is in a mall) they might of gone belly up by now

[quote name='xcefkevin']Id like to see a PSP deal on Black Friday. What is everyone's thoughts on the PSPGo? I think if I got one I'd mainly play all my PS1 games I have on it. So would the PSPGo be a better fit?[/QUOTE]

I would recommend waiting for a Vita, as that's a better buy. But if you could find a PSP Go for $50 new I'd go for it. Anything more than that isn't worth it with the PS Vita coming out in a few months.

Personally, I stopped buying UMDs since the Vita won't support them, so I wouldn't get a PSP 3000 this point unless you have absolutely no intention of getting a Vita in the future.

[quote name='cagdvdbargains'] I went to 4 Radio Shacks in MA. [/QUOTE]

What part of MA? Eastern, Central or Western?

[quote name='cagdvdbargains']caedeskhan, I pm'ed you.[/QUOTE]

Got it...thanks. It is a little out of the way for me but I'll poke around my area of eastern MA...

[quote name='sunghost']Personally, I stopped buying UMDs since the Vita won't support them, so I wouldn't get a PSP 3000 this point unless you have absolutely no intention of getting a Vita in the future.[/QUOTE]

That's the reason I want to get a spare psp 3000 to support my existing umd collection in the future. And I'm eventually getting a vita as well. But yeah, definitely agree that you shouldn't pay too much for a psp at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dohdough']Yeah...which Radioshack are we talking here? There are like 6 of them in Boston alone. :D[/QUOTE]

I pm'd someone on the location, so out of deference to them, I will leave that one alone.

the one I bought was the last one at Bedford, MA. I get around a lot for work, so I will post some more if I see them.

Op could you post a bit more details on location?

If not could you PM me a location?

*update*

I work in Boston so I checked three locations this morning, all located Downtown.

Winter Street and Summer Street said no. The School Street location asked me what a PSP is.

Posted just to save people a trip.

[quote name='Twizz']Op could you post a bit more details on location?

*update*

I work in Boston so I checked three locations this morning, all located Downtown.

Winter Street and Summer Street said no. The School Street location asked me what a PSP is.

Posted just to save people a trip.[/QUOTE]

LOL whats a psp, you should said that is the code name for the sony 100 inch tv and you have to sell it to me for 79 bucks

Am I the only one that has no intention of buying a Vita until after the first price drop and hardware refresh? I learned my lesson buying a 1st generation 360 for $399. It's worth it to wait a year or so for the price drops and improved hardware.

OP, does your receipt have any item numbers?

EDIT:
I'm an idiot. Here it is:

Radio Shack SKU 2601881 Sony PSP Holiday Bundle

[quote name='DarthVicious82']Am I the only one that has no intention of buying a Vita until after the first price drop and hardware refresh? I learned my lesson buying a 1st generation 360 for $399. It's worth it to wait a year or so for the price drops and improved hardware.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. From the look of the launch games, Uncharted for Vita is the only game that interests me. If history has taught me anything, waiting several months after launch will most likely result in a price drop, hardware refresh or at the least a collector's edition Vita bundled with a game for the same price as it is selling at launch without a game.

[quote name='Twizz']Op could you post a bit more details on location?

*update*

Posted just to save people a trip.[/QUOTE]

You should have asked them to look up the SKU

[quote name='HebiyO']I totally agree with you. From the look of the launch games, Uncharted for Vita is the only game that interests me. If history has taught me anything, waiting several months after launch will most likely result in a price drop, hardware refresh or at the least a collector's edition Vita bundled with a game for the same price as it is selling at launch without a game.[/QUOTE]

That really all depends. If you can wait over a year, then go for it. If not, then it's still worth it for the most part.

I've got my PSP when it first came out and it took a long time before the price slip below 250. It wasn't until about a year/little more later. Then after the price drop, a few months, hardware revision.

As for me, I see a few games I actually want for the Vita. Also, I doubt the Vita will be anything like the 3DS.

OT:
Anyone find the bundle at the $80 price in NYC? I've been meaning to replace my PSP1000 as I still have some games on UMD/only on UMD games.

[quote name='Twizz'].

The School Street location asked me what a PSP is.

[/QUOTE]

That's f'in great, if true...

Slidecage - Lol, I so should have said that.

Jimijumper - If I had it at that time it definitely would have been helpful.

Lordd_G - "if true.." Yes, it was true, No I did not make it up. Yes, I called and the person didn't know, No I'm not shocked since Radioshack isn't really focused on selling games (more so batteries and cell phones). Anything else you'd like to question???

[quote name='Twizz'] Anything else you'd like to question???[/QUOTE]

Calm down, son... it's okay.

[quote name='Lordd_G']Calm down, son... it's okay.[/QUOTE]

I'm calm kiddo, it was just a douche move on your behalf. Anyways, I'm not going to go back and forward with you about it.

Let's keep this on topic.

I checked Radio Shack newton on needham street and they did not have any. also, checked Dedham near the sears and they did not have one.

yeah, not very easy to find. My closest 6-8 radio shacks didn't have any. I finally found one farther out, and it was $92, not $80

[quote name='sunghost']I would recommend waiting for a Vita, as that's a better buy. But if you could find a PSP Go for $50 new I'd go for it. Anything more than that isn't worth it with the PS Vita coming out in a few months.

Personally, I stopped buying UMDs since the Vita won't support them, so I wouldn't get a PSP 3000 this point unless you have absolutely no intention of getting a Vita in the future.[/QUOTE]

thats horrible advice. Go ahead and get one if you want to play all the great rpgs and games that psp has that are UMD only. I actually want a backup so i'll check my radioshacks, thanks for the heads up. I doubt i'll find one though, didn't get squat with the DSi deals they had

[quote name='Kenshindono']thats horrible advice. Go ahead and get one if you want to play all the great rpgs and games that psp has that are UMD only. I actually want a backup so i'll check my radioshacks, thanks for the heads up. I doubt i'll find one though, didn't get squat with the DSi deals they had[/QUOTE]

Are there really that many good games that are UMD only? I don't think there are enough to justify a purchase at this late in the life of the PSP, not for me anyway. I'm just saying, if you're planning on getting a vita eventually and don't already have a huge collection of UMDs, I think you're better off sticking with the Vita and not buying a PSP 3000.

I intend to get a Vita, but I still want a PSP-3000. I have a large library of UMD games, and my old PSP died after many years of faithful service. The Vita is more of a direct replacement for the Go since both have the exactly same library.

Great deal, but unavailable in my area. First store was real friendly and did a SKU lookup. He was surprised that the entire district was empty. He said there is always at least one around somewhere. I hit a couple more big stores to double-check, but they all said the same thing: they put them on clearance a long time ago and sold out fairly quickly. Too bad. Thanks anyway, OP.

Congrats to everyone else who is getting lucky.

Milford, MA Radio Shack has 2 of these bundles, however they are priced @ $118.xx according to "Jeff"

Whitinsville, MA Radio Shack has 1 copy @ $79.xx

EDIT: caedeskhan I tried to PM you but your inbox box was full

[quote name='DarthVicious82']Am I the only one that has no intention of buying a Vita until after the first price drop and hardware refresh? I learned my lesson buying a 1st generation 360 for $399. It's worth it to wait a year or so for the price drops and improved hardware.[/QUOTE]

I'll wait for the hardware refresh. Loved my PSP phat for build, but everything was basically upgraded soon after -- many times.

Besides, not having backwards compatibility with UMD kind of puts it on the back burner so I don't have to spend more $$ on games for a whole new system. Backlogged as it is.

[quote name='dohdough']Wow...you DO get around. I'll see if I can check the Woburn location tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I went to woburn this morning. The label was out, but they had sold it, did you get it?

None in wilmington or sudbury. They had a $99 dsi or something like that. Maybe an xl. Said $70 off.

Nice avatar. Sho'nuff the shogun of harlem

[quote name='jimijumper']Milford, MA Radio Shack has 2 of these bundles, however they are priced @ $118.xx according to "Jeff"

EDIT: caedeskhan I tried to PM you but your inbox box was full[/QUOTE]

Whitinsville is a mythical radio shack that has one of evrything. I've never been there, but last year when i was looking for the clearanced xbox and then the $17.97 ps3 dualshock. All the radio shacks say "whitinsville has one."

[quote name='jimijumper']Milford, MA Radio Shack has 2 of these bundles, however they are priced @ $118.xx according to "Jeff"

EDIT: caedeskhan I tried to PM you but your inbox box was full[/QUOTE]

Sorry Jimi it's clean now. I'm going to try looking tomorrow...work has been keeping me tied up during the week.

[quote name='cagdvdbargains']Whitinsville is a mythical radio shack that has one of evrything. I've never been there, but last year when i was looking for the clearanced xbox and then the $17.97 ps3 dualshock. All the radio shacks say "whitinsville has one."[/QUOTE]

dang I think you are talking about the Bronze DSi XL's that were clearanced out, I wanted to score on of those for myself. I don't like the regular size DSi as it is too small for my meathooks and makes my hands cramp up during extended playtimes.

Gonna check the Radioshack at the Whitney Field mall in Leominster tomorrow. Hoping they have one, but theres gotta be some good sales coming up for this in Black Friday right?

[quote name='jimijumper']dang I think you are talking about the Bronze DSi XL's that were clearanced out, I wanted to score on of those for myself. I don't like the regular size DSi as it is too small for my meathooks and makes my hands cramp up during extended playtimes.[/QUOTE]

Sudbury had two. Wish i could confirm that's what it was. Box had a blurb on it about including 3 pre- loaded games or something like that.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Gonna check the Radioshack at the Whitney Field mall in Leominster tomorrow. Hoping they have one, but theres gotta be some good sales coming up for this in Black Friday right?[/QUOTE]

The person I spoke to @ Radioshack in Holyoke, MA yesterday said that the only stores in the district that had the bundles were Milford & Whitinsville....

I'm pretty sure that by district she meant the whole state of MA

bread's done
Back