PSP Action Replay out of commission?

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
I have a PSP 3000 with regular Sony firmware. I believe I had version 6.20 a few weeks ago and I also had my PSP Action replay software installed on it with the key code input for full access to codes and cheats. Upon installing the recent firmware update 6.39 to get my two free welcome back PSP games, I noticed it wiped out my Action Replay software and it no longer shows up on my games folder of my PSP memory stick.

Thinking it must be time to download the latest version of the PSP Action Replay software I searched the Code Junkies website. The first thing I noticed is they do not appear to sell the PSP Action replay anymore. I just see some cables, headsets, and a wifi adapter. Uh oh. I then searched the support forum. It appears there have been no articles updated or released in 2011. Not good.

After doing some google searching I stumbled across this page
http://www.pspar.com/

The take away from this page is this statement:
PSP Action replay works 100% with all firmware from 5.00 up to and including 6.20. Version 6.30 of PSP firmware is now available but currently Action Replay is not compatible with this version. In order to maintain full compatibility with Action Replay it is important that the user does not upgrade to this version until further notice.

Ok so maybe they are working on a new version I think to myself. Until I see the release date of firmware 6.30.....http://www.psp-hacks.com/2010/06/29/psp-firmware-6-30-released/

June of 2010. So in the past year Code Junkies have not bothered to release a new PSP action replay version. It looks like my PSP Action Replay purchase is now worthless.

As a side note, I have two PSPs, a 3000 model with Sony updated firmware and a 2000 model with 5.00 M33 custom firmware. I originally wanted to put my Action Replay software on both machines and I started with the 3000 first. The software requires a key with online activation and it would not let me run the key on my 2000 model once I had installed it on my 3000 model. What it does is install a demo version on the 2000 model but without accepting the key it stays in non-functioning demo mode.

Does anyone know any work-arounds for this problem or is the PSP Action Replay, most likely the final action replay for any system, now out of commission?

bread's done
Back