PSP and Mac....

Ravaged

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Basically I plan on getting a PSP Giga Pack... but only if there is a program that allows me to put homebrews, movies, and whatever else on the PSP. Is there such thing? I really would love to be able to buy a DVD, convert it to PSP format, and play it on my PSP. Can I do that using a mac? Also is there any way to get homebrews on the latest version PSP's? Thanks in advance to any responses.

[quote name='Ravaged']Basically I plan on getting a PSP Giga Pack... but only if there is a program that allows me to put homebrews, movies, and whatever else on the PSP. Is there such thing? I really would love to be able to buy a DVD, convert it to PSP format, and play it on my PSP. Can I do that using a mac? Also is there any way to get homebrews on the latest version PSP's? Thanks in advance to any responses.[/QUOTE]

I would assume theres a Mac version of the movie converter... As for homebrew, the Mac should see it as a usb drive and you just drag it into the folder.

Not sure about running Homebrews on the latest version of the PSP. I'm sure over time they'll find a new security hole, which will allow people to set the version back.

As for Macintosh, I'd strongly recommend ffmpegx. It's a compilation of Linux/Unix utilities (mencoder) for digital video editting/conversion, and it even has it's own setting for converting files to PSP's MPEG-4. For ripping DVD's, I use MacTheRipper.

Hoooray for me for making my first CAG post a constructive one!:applause:

There is iPSP for converting movies on a Mac to a PSP, which I find a ton easier than using ffmpegx. There is also an app that lets you split the eboot files on a Mac so you can load the emulators into the PSP, but it requires OS 10.4 (or the last version of it I saw did anyways).

bread's done
Back