PSP basics

jakescape53

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, Im watching Craig's List and Ebay for good psp bundles and was just wondering what some of the better games are and what accesorries are good to have. I know for a fact that i will get a usb date cable so i can put songs and some videos on it and ill probally look to get at least a 512 mb memory stick. Anything else?

A screen protector is always good, I dont have one, actually I bought 3 crappy pelican ones and couldnt put them on right so I said screw it. But the pelican package at wal mart for 19.99 I would reccomend. It comes with the usb cable, media manager disc, car charger, an awesome case and some game cases that fit perfectly in the case.

The only game I have that I really like is GTA, but there are alot of others people talk about alot.

Also I would go for a 1gb rather than the 512. bigger is always better and they arent too expensive.

Make sure you get a 2.71 or lower so you can downgrade to 1.5 and run devhook. Get a 2GB memory stick minimum.

A lot of people hate this game, but I think it alone makes the PSP a system worthy of life. That game would be Metal Gear Acid. If you like any of the Metal Gear games and you would like to learn a little more about the series buy it, play it, love it.

Besides you can collect game cards of hot Asian girls, come on!

[quote name='javeryh']Make sure you get a 2.71 or lower so you can downgrade to 1.5 and run devhook. Get a 2GB memory stick minimum.[/QUOTE]Noooooo! I'm running my PSP on 2.8 and Devhook is never touching my PSP. :p
[quote name='vitaminbmeister']A lot of people hate this game, but I think it alone makes the PSP a system worthy of life. That game would be Metal Gear Acid. If you like any of the Metal Gear games and you would like to learn a little more about the series buy it, play it, love it.

Besides you can collect game cards of hot Asian girls, come on![/QUOTE]MGA is awesome. I might like them better than the MGS series, since I love strategy type games.

Forget devhook unless you want to invest in an eye patch too, arrrghh matey....

I know theres other uses, I just wanted to say that. anyway eventually you will be able to downgrade whatever firmware you have so I wouldnt make that a factor. on pspupdates.com theres a post that shows a letter thats on the box that can be used to tell you what firmware it has, if youre interested in that. although that would probably only be useful if you bought a new one.
but check that site anyway, all sorts of useful psp stuff.

[quote name='javeryh']Make sure you get a 2.71 or lower so you can downgrade to 1.5 and run devhook. Get a 2GB memory stick minimum.[/quote]

theres a downgrader for 2.7 and 2.71? i havent been keepin up with psp hackin...

I have a Blaze PSP Protector Pack for sale. It includes the following:

• Xploder Music Studio for PSP: Import your own Music CDs to MP3. Includes CD Database internet query for album, track and artist details. Create MP3, AAC and WAV playlists, music folders and more, then simply drag onto your PSP - for music on the go! You can also 'drag and drop' your AAC or MP3 songs from iTunes into Xploder Music Studio, copy to your PSP and listen on the move! Compatible with MP3, AAC and WAV music files.
  • UMD Radial Cleaner: With their own protective casing, UMDs are hard to clean. Leave them lying around and they'll soon accumulate dust and grime that in-turn causes potential playback problems. The UMD Radial Cleaner helps keep your UMD discs clean; Simply insert and UMD Movie or Game into the Radial Cleaner, and with just a few quick turns of the handle and the disc is free from dirt! The UMD Radial Cleaner uses a soft, non abrasive pad to remove dust quickly and efficiently, ensuring your UMDs and PSP run as smoothly as possible.
  • Crystal Protector Case: The Crystal Protector is a clear shell that encases your PSP for protection from knocks and scratches. The clear finish ensures your PSP still looks good, whilst the cut-outs enable you to play and access most functionality without the need to remove the Protector. The Crystal Protector has a simple 2 piece click-on, click-off design for easy attachment or removal.
  • Metal Armour Case: When you need the ultimate protection for your PSP, the Metal Armour Case fits the bill! Soft on the inside, hard on the outside, the Metal Armour Case takes all the knocks, whilst the padded interior ensures your PSP is safe and sound.
  • Screen Protector and Cloth: Protect your game screen from ugly scratches with the Screen Protector. Simply clean the PSP screen with the lint-free, non-abrasive cloth and attach the Screen Protector film. Can be easily removed and re-applied.
  • USB to PSP Cable with Charger: The easiest way to get connected. The cable features a standard PC USB connector at one end and a USB Mini connector at the other for connecting your PC to your PSP. Used with Windows or compatible software, you can 'drag and drop' your favourite movies, music, gamesaves and photos straight to your PSP Memory Stick. The cable also incorporates a USB Charger so you can charge your PSP from any USB enabled PC - eliminating the need to carry the bulky AC Adaptor around!
  • 3x UMD Cases: Three robust UMD Cases for the safe transportation of your UMD Movies and Games - providing protection from dust, scratches and damage.

I have a PGP case for the system, Hori screen protector, and UMD-8 case, and would recommend all. Check the forums a maxconsole.net for homebrew explanations to decide what model to get, some of the programs are fantastic.

You should get at least a 1 GB stick, they are cheap now and you will fill it up in no time. As for games, can really only coment on the ones I own, but..

Twisted Metal: Head On
If you are a fan of TM you will love this, it kinda takes place after TM:2, bring back some of the only char's picking up on their old plots. Really fun game that you can play on the go for short bursts.

Monsters Hunter Freedom
I loved the first MH on the PS2 and this one is just as good. It takes a little while to start getting the better gear and killing off the bigger monsters. Might not be a game for you if you are not into very heavy crafting and farming.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
If you already own the PS1 version, there is a lot this one if going to offer you, though if you don't I would say go ahead and pick this one up. Fun, though short little rpg.

Metal Gear: Acid 1/2
Seems these are love or hate. I found them to be okay, but no big deal. You can get both of them pretty cheap now though. For me nothing really stood out to make ether game great, but then again I am not a big fan like some.

Armored Core: Formula Front
If you are a AC, this is a no brainer. Great game, controlls hold up well on the psp, and it looks pretty good. I really didn't have high hopes for this one but it turned out really good.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection
This game is aswome, I always have been a 2d fighting fan, so never really big in Tekken, but this one is really fun. Much better than Darkstalkers( though a good game ) and Streetfighter for the system.

There are a couple others that are okay. Not sure what you are intrested in so eh. Also if you are into importing there are a ton of good games that have not / will not be coming to the states.

I suggest you get:

1Gb or 2Gb memory stick, extra batteries, Pelican starter kit.

Games:

Daxter, Syphon Filter, Tekken, Lumines, Metal Gear Acid, Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Valkyrie Profile: Lennett,Grand Theft Auto: LCS. There's some more that I'm forgetting right now but these should keep you busy for quite some time :)

If you get a 1.5 PSP that would be much better since you'll be able to play emulators and still play the latest games thanks to the emulated firmware.

bread's done
Back