PSP Batteries $10

[quote name='Justme8800']They're probably third party, but it's not like the PSP will care. [/quote]
Sadly I would =( I fear something might go wrong, like it explodes in my hands...

Thanks for posting TC first of all it would be a GREAT deal and I know you had good intentions (which we encourage here) but...

Im sure TC (or a lot of people for that matter) may not be fully aware of this, but DO NOT buy any third party batteries for the psp. Just looking on maxconsole.net, there has been several front page reports of people's psp go KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM either in their pockets or....more unfortunate in their hands.

I seriously wish they would recall those batteries knowing that they are actually potentially dangerous for users, but sadly $$$ means more that safety of others to some people.

Most importantly I don't wanna see handless CAGS in the future who have to type with their noses :lol::lol::lol:

Yeek! It does say that it comes with a 1-year warranty, and I'm sure you could email them if you had any questions or anything. Also, I hadn't realized that there was a correlation between the explosions and third party batteries (Sony's own battery record ain't so stellar, to be fair... remember the exploding Dells?). Well, to any CAGs snagging this deal, don't bang on my door with your remaining arm if something goes wrong. >.>

If nothing else, maybe you could make a Pandora battery out of one of these, and only use it for hacking. That way you wouldn't be carrying it around in your pocket or anything.

~Justme8800

Um, there's a sony brand slim battery on there, so for those looking to get an extra battery for their slim, this might be the right time.

There really is a risk with any lithium ion battery, even sony's own battery.

Edit, nevermind, cheapest shipping on this for me is 9$, this is NOT a deal.

[quote name='lude21']or u can get a genuine Sony stamina batt. for $4 at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Where? Original Sony batteries list for around $20.

I'm actually looking for an extra psp battery but they are so damn expensive.

Whatever you do, don't buy a cheap non-Sony brand battery. Mine just died within a few months, but my original Sony battery still works after a couple of years.

you can get fake ones that look absolutely exactly like the Sony ones, packaging and all from dealextreme for $7 shipped.

However, i would NEVER buy a fake battery. Lots of weird issues.

I've made the mistake of buying a fake battery back when I had the original PSP, now that I have the Slim, still got the original and plan on keeping it that way.

The fake batteries don't have as good a take with pandora, and more importantly, if they die while playing, often you lose progress vs the official battery where you can plug in the charger and resume playing.

bread's done
Back