PSP Bundle AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER AT EBGAMES.COM.......

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
For a mere $399.99...you do however get 3 games and 1 accessory.

More importantly though, this is what it says:

Dates and prices have not been confirmed and are subject to change. Actual price for this bundle may be higher or lower. If the price is higher, you will be charged the higher price. If the price is lower, you will be charged the lower price.

You will receive an e-mail confirming dates, prices and the process for choosing your three games once this information is available.

Orders will be shipped on a first-come first-serve basis.

You may cancel your order at any time up until 10 days before the PSP launch date. Your credit card will be charged 10 days before the PSP launch date.

Time to order...

PSP Bundle

UH OH! Gamestop.com felt left out and have bundles now.
Sony PSP Action Pack! $379.95 GTA, Untold Legends, Metal Gear Solid Acid, Pelican Starter Kit incl.
Sony PSP Sports Pack! $379.95 NFSU, Tiger Woods, NFL Street, Pelican Starter Kit incl.
Sony PSP Fun Pack! $379.95 Tony Hawk UG2, Mercury, Spiderman 2, Pelican Starter Kit incl.
Sony PSP Variety Pack! $479.93 NFSU, Tony Hawk UG2, Mercury, Untold Legends, Metal Gear Solid Acid, Pelican Starter Kit incl.

When it's all said and done I would like to see this at around 250 bucks

150 for the psp
30 for each game
and maybe 10 for the accesory

I just don't understand this. If, as everyone is thinking, they are releasing the PSP in March, then why haven't we gotten any conrete US info. If it wasn't for the fact that it was released in Japan already, I would think that with the small amount of information available, that it wasn't coming out till Fall '05.

call me skeptical svndust, but i think that sony will change more than 30 a game (i heard 50), 150 for the system (200 is more reasonable), and 10 for accesories (dont get me started), although charging less than that might be more appropriate considering all the launch issues and the fact that the umd drive is probably region specific (when its not firing discs at your legs that is :? )

I can't imagine the games being much higher priced than DS games. Regardless of whether or not they're better games, they'll look bad to mom and dad on the shelf next to DS if they're $10-$20 more expensive per game.

[quote name='damack']I can't imagine the games being much higher priced than DS games. Regardless of whether or not they're better games, they'll look bad to mom and dad on the shelf next to DS if they're $10-$20 more expensive per game.[/quote]

PSP is for grownups.

i am guessing that sony will come in with a $150 price point and most games will be $30, time to put the big N out of business.

dont foget that the DS had around a month before release when it was set in stone what the price was and the marketing plan started.

[quote name='dracula']i am guessing that sony will come in with a $150 price point and most games will be $30, time to put the big N out of business.[/quote]

The END is here. :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

[quote name='dracula']i am guessing that sony will come in with a $150 price point and most games will be $30, time to put the big N out of business.[/quote]

Or, it could suck.

[quote name='peteyrose'][quote name='punqsux']wow, the prices (if actual) make the DS look better and better.[/quote]

You wish :lol:[/quote]

i dont wish, i wish the psp would alunch at 150 with 30$ games, but something tells me itll be slightly higher (180 launch with $40 games)

i want a psp(once it gets some games that arnt ports) but i (obviously) would like it to be cheap.

If Sony is smart they'll have the PSP at $150 to blow the DS out of the water, and gain the trust of the people as a handheld company. Then when the PSP 2 comes out they can start raping use again.

There...it's changed.

I don't understand why there are still people out there thinking this launch is going to happen in Fall '05. Sony basically said March '05 it's launching...then followed that up with it's hope for 3 million users by April (or something). They gave out information like price and a launch date a month before the launch in Japan so why would they do anything different here.

I'm guessing the standard PSP pack sells for $179 and the games are $39.99. And they will blow the DS away at that price...however the GBA SP is still one heck of a bargain.

i wen to EB to preorder it today, one of the guys working had imported one and had it there. it was the coolest thing ive ever seen in my life.....seriously

[quote name='cthcky33']i wen to EB to preorder it today, one of the guys working had imported one and had it there. it was the coolest thing ive ever seen in my life.....seriously[/quote]

You need to get out more :wink:

So we can preorder the PSP for $400. Hopefully this will guarantee a ship date around the release date. Fingers Crossed.

if any of those 256+ MB mem sticks are considered an accessory than this is an awesome deal. Though i doubt they are.

[quote name='cthcky33']i wen to EB to preorder it today, one of the guys working had imported one and had it there. it was the coolest thing ive ever seen in my life.....seriously[/quote]

Similar situation at the Gamestop near me: store wasn't too busy and there were 2 employees behind the counter -- one was playing on his imported PSP, the other was playing on a DS.

EBGames sucks, they know that people are gonna want it yet theyre making you buy 3 games you wont want and im sure a top notch accesory

I checked my local EB store and you can preorder just the system. They still don't know anything about prices, date, etc and they also told me that they couldn't guarantee one on its release date. Minimum money down was $20.

I also checked my local Gamestop and you can preorder it from there for $50 down and they told me your guaranteed one at launch. I'm thinking of preordering from somewhere but my $250+ in BB GCs says I should wait and blow it all on PSP + accessories!

Was at EB today, friend is an Asst Manager...he told me $185 was the price and to reserve one you needed to put down $50.

Some of the release titles are sweet though...Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Acid, Ridge Racer...etc

[quote name='Zon27']Was at EB today, friend is an Asst Manager...he told me $185 was the price and to reserve one you needed to put down $50.

Some of the release titles are sweet though...Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Acid, Ridge Racer...etc[/quote]

is your friend sure its going to be $185? Sony hasnt annouced a price yet, and I know EBs haven't given a price yet. Plus to reserve one you only have to put down $20.

[quote name='tenzor'][quote name='Zon27']Was at EB today, friend is an Asst Manager...he told me $185 was the price and to reserve one you needed to put down $50.

Some of the release titles are sweet though...Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Acid, Ridge Racer...etc[/quote]

is your friend sure its going to be $185? Sony hasnt annouced a price yet, and I know EBs haven't given a price yet. Plus to reserve one you only have to put down $20.[/quote]

oh yeah will my uncle owns sony and he said it will be out next week for $120
END SARCASM

EW, no! Dont give EB games a ton of money, what ends up happening is you buy 3 games, TWO of which you will play, the third you will have to buy (and rarely end up playing it). Seriously, waste of cash! Just go to best buy and buy it on launch morning or wait for a system only pre-order. Oh, and 1 GB mem sticks are here for $145 after shipping/tax

http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sales_getprod.php?masterid=5798554&lot_id=1328639

i dont even carry around my ipod, now ill be carrying around psp for my movies, games, AND mp3s. Maybe a DS, once some more good games come out for it.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='damack']I can't imagine the games being much higher priced than DS games. Regardless of whether or not they're better games, they'll look bad to mom and dad on the shelf next to DS if they're $10-$20 more expensive per game.[/quote]

PSP is for grownups.[/quote]

Tell that to the parents that buy GTA: San Andreas for their 12 year olds.

MMm EB and their bundles, as I've seen, aren't that great looking, I wouldn't trust them with bundles that's all. But it could just be for once a good working accessory for PSP. The three games are a nice feature, but wow $399.99.. that's pricy =T.

I thought it was $185 for the PSP and games goes for $40-50. I think I saw in umm chris's topic?

Also even if you put $50 or $20 down, it would go into the PSP anyways, but I see if you don't have $50 at the time and yea.. I remember the PSTwo one EB ask for $10, the other $20.

I personally think we'll see the system release at $150 and games at $40-$50; nearly all the time, we (people in the states) get systems for cheaper than they launch in Japan... there's no way it's going to release at an awkward price of $185, and instead I pretty much guarentee that it'll drop to $150 for the American launch. As for games, you have to keep in mind that most of these games are ports of their PS2 counterparts; PD for example is not going to want to undercut their PS2 GT4 sales by offering GT4 Mobile (essentially the same game) for $20 under the console version... handheld gaming is also just getting more expensive in general with this generation.

I was going to order one of these right now until i figure they will probally e the one to pick the part.

I was going to go SURE i take the PSP the 3 games of my choice and for the 1 One PSP accessory i take the 1 GIG memory card :)

From the latest article about the North American PSP posted on IGN.com, it looks like there may not be a choice between a "Standard Pack" and "Value Pack." It looks, and obviously this is not confirmed, that the PSP package in North America will be the equivilent of Japan's Value Pack.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/582/582378p1.html

I highly doubt that Sony will charge $150 for a PSP package with all of these accessories, but if they do, I would assume they would be taking a bigger bath on hardware sales than they initially did with the PS2. It would be good for us CAGers though. ;)

[quote name='punqsux']wow, the prices (if actual) make the DS look better and better.[/quote]

I think it will be around $180...they won't go lower than that because they are already losing money on these. The games will be in the $40-$50 range because that is how they will make up for selling the hardware cheap.

I was getting excitied about this launch but now all I can think of is:

1. Sony telling us a button on the console is flawed and they won't do anything about it.

2. The PS2 in terms of hardware reliability...I'm not sure I want a launch PSP.

3. Nintendo's online plans.

As for the whole comment about Sony putting Nintendo out of buisness...do you really want that? Nintendo is the only company that attempts to innovate...do you really want Sony running the video game industry? Think about it....Think about how Nintendo has paved the way for all that exist now. I don't care if they are top dog but I want them around.

welll $400 is a lot of money no matter how you look at it. Thanks for the info OP, but i think i'll pass until we have some definite info. that an when the price goes down even more! still, i'm excited about getting a PSP. :D

I'm not paying more then $200 for a handheld, looks like they fixed that.
But what they haven't fixed Is $50 games. I am NOT paying $50 for a handheld game unless It's Suikoden 1 port (or 2) with extras. Please.

hmmm, methinks an extended warranty would be an excellent idea for a PSP. then if there is anything wrong with it, just bring it back to EB/GS/GC/BB/CC/ or whatever alphabet soup chain, they will give you a new one on the spot.

The launch PSP is just about guaranteed to bust, so a 2 year warranty or a 3 year warranty sounds like an EXCELLENT idea to me.

i love how ebgames always suggests these extended warranties on a system, but this time, i have a hunch there will be a VERY high return rate on busted PSPs. The whole PSP launch just seems rushed to me

[quote name='masha'][quote name='damack']I can't imagine the games being much higher priced than DS games. Regardless of whether or not they're better games, they'll look bad to mom and dad on the shelf next to DS if they're $10-$20 more expensive per game.[/quote]

And the DS isn't meant for grownups? Why wouldn't it be?

[quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='masha'][quote name='damack']I can't imagine the games being much higher priced than DS games. Regardless of whether or not they're better games, they'll look bad to mom and dad on the shelf next to DS if they're $10-$20 more expensive per game.[/quote]

And the DS isn't meant for grownups? Why wouldn't it be?[/quote]

not sure, i know nintendo used to target a younger audience more. But that is certainly no longer the case: heck the gba even got a gta game.

[quote name='dracula']
not sure, i know nintendo used to target a younger audience more. But that is certainly no longer the case: heck the gba even got a gta game.[/quote]

Not to mention RE4 on the Cube.

hahaha this DS PSP war is ridiculous especially since one of the systems hasn't even been released yet. Once psp does come out though it will be time for nintendo to pack up shop on the DS and put out something that can compete with the PSP like the gameboy evolution. Hold on to your DSes folks they will be collector's items one day just like the virtual boy. Fun to say you have one...but not fun to play.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']hahaha this DS PSP war is ridiculous especially since one of the systems hasn't even been released yet. Once psp does come out though it will be time for nintendo to pack up shop on the DS and put out something that can compete with the PSP like the gameboy evolution. Hold on to your DSes folks they will be collector's items one day just like the virtual boy. Fun to say you have one...but not fun to play.[/quote]

Wasn't Ninteno going to announce something *big* for the DS the day the PSP comes out? I forgot where I read it, but that's what they said because they know about the competetion.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='masha'][quote name='damack']I can't imagine the games being much higher priced than DS games. Regardless of whether or not they're better games, they'll look bad to mom and dad on the shelf next to DS if they're $10-$20 more expensive per game.[/quote]

And the DS isn't meant for grownups? Why wouldn't it be?[/quote]

not sure, i know nintendo used to target a younger audience more. But that is certainly no longer the case: heck the gba even got a gta game.[/quote]

The DS targets retired gamers and non-gamers, at least that's what Nintendo has said.

bread's done
Back