PSP Bundle AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER AT EBGAMES.COM.......

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
For a mere $399.99...you do however get 3 games and 1 accessory.

More importantly though, this is what it says:

Dates and prices have not been confirmed and are subject to change. Actual price for this bundle may be higher or lower. If the price is higher, you will be charged the higher price. If the price is lower, you will be charged the lower price.

You will receive an e-mail confirming dates, prices and the process for choosing your three games once this information is available.

Orders will be shipped on a first-come first-serve basis.

You may cancel your order at any time up until 10 days before the PSP launch date. Your credit card will be charged 10 days before the PSP launch date.

Time to order...

PSP Bundle

UH OH! Gamestop.com felt left out and have bundles now.
Sony PSP Action Pack! $379.95 GTA, Untold Legends, Metal Gear Solid Acid, Pelican Starter Kit incl.
Sony PSP Sports Pack! $379.95 NFSU, Tiger Woods, NFL Street, Pelican Starter Kit incl.
Sony PSP Fun Pack! $379.95 Tony Hawk UG2, Mercury, Spiderman 2, Pelican Starter Kit incl.
Sony PSP Variety Pack! $479.93 NFSU, Tony Hawk UG2, Mercury, Untold Legends, Metal Gear Solid Acid, Pelican Starter Kit incl.

BTW, the new EGM noted that when you twist the PSP in your hands a little, the CD (UMD) door tends to pop open, thus killing your game. Its apparently a design flaw that they're working on correcting.

Personally, going to 1.8 GigaBIT optical discs was stupid. 1.8 GigaBITS is only a little over 200 MB. DS games come on cartridges wthat are 1 GigaBIT (128 MB), with 2 GigaBIT carts in the pipeline. Why use optical discs which drain so much more power and are prone to skipping when it holds so little? Sony should have used a mini-DVD...or at least something dual layered.

As for price point, I'd be shocked if it doesn't launch at $199. Sony already reported losing lots on each system hoping to make up the cost with $50 games.

As for the PSP vs. DS debate, it's really not a competition. Different target audiences and different units entirely. But, as a thought, the DS plays GBA games, and there's estimated to be 5 MILLION units shipped by end of March. It'll be tough for PSP to get a big enough user base with only a few launch games. At least the DS played GBA games, of which there are hundreds of, so even if the launch was kinda thin, the GBA games were there.

Personally, I'll get them both. Can't knock until you've used it for an extended period of time. But I'm little wary of how the PSP will really perform, particularly with slow load times and potnential battery issues...

Only time will tell...

400 bucks for a handheld and 3 games??

If you've got it preordered, send some of that herb my way because it has to be good

[quote name='sevdustflyer']hahaha this DS PSP war is ridiculous especially since one of the systems hasn't even been released yet. [/quote]

I couldn't agree more. Since they're very different products, and one isn't even out, saying that one is better than the other is just a ludicrous notion. I'm glad we're on the same page. Anything else to say on this topic?

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Once psp does come out though it will be time for nintendo to pack up shop on the DS and put out something that can compete with the PSP like the gameboy evolution. Hold on to your DSes folks they will be collector's items one day just like the virtual boy. Fun to say you have one...but not fun to play.[/quote]

Uh-huh. Take back what I said before. You, by your own appraisal, are ridiculous.

[quote name='hwong3']
Personally, going to 1.8 GigaBIT optical discs was stupid. 1.8 GigaBITS is only a little over 200 MB. DS games come on cartridges wthat are 1 GigaBIT (128 MB), with 2 GigaBIT carts in the pipeline. Why use optical discs which drain so much more power and are prone to skipping when it holds so little? Sony should have used a mini-DVD...or at least something dual layered.
[/quote]

"UMDs are 2.4-inch optical discs in protective cases that have a data storage capacity of 1.8GB."

GB means gigaBYTES not gigabits, sorry.

Found more info

# Media:
# UMD--Universal Media Disc, 60 mm diameter
# 660 nm laser diode
# 1.8 GB dual layer
# 11Mbps transfer rate
# Shock-proof
# Secure ROM by AES
# Unique disc ID

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I just don't understand this. If, as everyone is thinking, they are releasing the PSP in March, then why haven't we gotten any conrete US info. If it wasn't for the fact that it was released in Japan already, I would think that with the small amount of information available, that it wasn't coming out till Fall '05.[/quote]

Well keep in mind they did the same exact thing in Japan. With that said, it's not to hard to figure out that it'll be one of the last 7 days of march.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='legion_stxds'][quote name='masha'][quote name='damack']I can't imagine the games being much higher priced than DS games. Regardless of whether or not they're better games, they'll look bad to mom and dad on the shelf next to DS if they're $10-$20 more expensive per game.[/quote]

PSP is for grownups.[/quote]

And the DS isn't meant for grownups? Why wouldn't it be?[/quote]

not sure, i know nintendo used to target a younger audience more. But that is certainly no longer the case: heck the gba even got a gta game.[/quote]

The DS targets retired gamers and non-gamers, at least that's what Nintendo has said.[/quote]

Technically, they said it was for those who've hasd a "fallen out" with VGs. As to say those who stoped playing because of the lack of innovation.

BTW My DS is fun to play, but not fun to say I own, if anyone within a 10 mile radius knew I had a DS, I would be dead :)

[quote name='deluxeg'][quote name='hwong3']
[/quote]

"UMDs are 2.4-inch optical discs in protective cases that have a data storage capacity of 1.8GB."

GB means gigaBYTES not gigabits, sorry.

Found more info

# Media:
# UMD--Universal Media Disc, 60 mm diameter
# 660 nm laser diode
# 1.8 GB dual layer
# 11Mbps transfer rate
# Shock-proof
# Secure ROM by AES
# Unique disc ID[/quote]

deluxeg is right. 1.8GB compared to 128MB is frickin' huge. Just look at the graphics difference.

I remember all this Sony quality crap came up for the PS2 launch and yes...some users had problems, but mine worked perfect from launch to about two years until I sold it and everyone I knew that has ever owned a PS2 has never had a problem. So...I think there's a lot of Sony haters/Nintendo lovers out there making a big deal out of some initial reports. Same people will tell you that a bad control scheme and poor wireless connectivity with the DS is okay.

Hey everyone...

My bad, I was going off the new EGM. They listed 1.8 GigaBit, so I should have checked another source. You're right, it's much larger and hopefully will provide much more video/grahics.

Like I said, I'll get both (and import games for both as I've been doing for the DS), but I'm still a little concerned with PSP performance. But, can't knock until you've used it for an extended period of time, so I won't until I own it.

Thanks for the correction.

BTW, I still think going to optical disks was not the best move in this case though, for portable gaming, I like instant on and suspend and minimal load time. Graphics aren't as big a deal on portable systems either. Just look at the original gameboy. I though the TurboExpress and Atari Lynx were far superior graphically. Heck, even the Game Gear. But which one lasted 10 years on 20 year old technology?

Just a thought. I've never passed up a portable yet (including the Neo Geo Pocket Color, the Wonderswan Color and the GamePark 32 BLU - even if it meant importaning EVERYTHING), so it won't change my decision to buy a PSP, but I just don't think it'll be that good as a portable. Sort of like how the Lynx was an awesome game system, but not that great as a portable game system. Anyone remember 3 hours of juice on 6 AA's? Yikes....I spent more on batteries than games! ;)

This is interesting because i was just at Circuit City yesterday and a clerk was telling me that a Sony Rep Came in December 2k4 and said that the Psp will launch for $250(system only).

Well, you're all wrong. Sony announced that the price point for the "value" pack and the only pack available to us in the states will be a whopping $250. Check this out:

PSP US Launch Date and Price Revealed
By Matt Casamassina
February 3, 2005 - Sony Computer Entertainment America today announced the North American launch date and pricing structure for its anticipated PlayStation Portable (PSP) handheld. The device, which launched in Japan last year, is set to debut in the US and Canada on March 24 for suggested retail prices of $249 USD and $299.99 CND respectively.

Unlike the Japanese launch, which offered a base PSP package for approximately $185 USD, North American buyers will only be able to get one bundle, the pricier PSP Value Pack. The good news is that the Pack comes standard with a good number of extras that help make the purchase worthwhile, including a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC adaptor, soft case, and cleaning cloth. In addition, the bundle boasts a movie/music/game sampler UMD disc with non-interactive demos. On top of everything else, the first one million people to purchase a PSP in the US will receive a bonus UMD featuring the full feature film Spider-Man 2.
"PSP will evolve and elevate portable entertainment, giving users the freedom to play full 3D games, watch movies, listen to music and connect wirelessly on their terms, their time and their place," said Kaz Hirai, president and chief executive officer, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "More than ever, today's consumer demands access to entertainment outside the home without compromising quality. With more than 100 PSP game titles currently in development worldwide, and the ability to download and listen to digital music and view feature films with breathtaking screen quality, PSP lets users control their entertainment options, all in one package."

[quote name='cthcky33']i wen to EB to preorder it today, one of the guys working had imported one and had it there. it was the coolest thing ive ever seen in my life.....seriously[/quote]

Discover girls. :)

Seriosuly, what in the heck is Sony thinkin? Why don;t they offer it in the non "value" version here in the states? $185 would have been great, but $250 is just too much.

Ummm. not sure if its a deal. $250 for the system and "value" stuff, $50 for each game, that's $399.99 as listed. Basically, they make you buy three games with your PSP. $400 for a portable game system and three games? No thanks, I'll wait. I could buy a DS and all 8 released games for that price...

Just tried to pre-order at gamerush and was told that game rush will not be accepting preorders. After catching a small fit he reminded me of how I preordered 3 DS' and put them out of stock day 1.
On another note, aren't the psp games cheaper in Japan? why the treating US like this?

I think $250 is way too much for the PSP. It a portable system for for crying out loud. I'll stick with my XBOX for now.

[quote name='hwong3']I could buy a DS and all 8 released games for that price...[/quote]

Well there will be 9 by the end of the month.

Why not just go get a Game Gear or something? At least the game won't fling out and cost you on a lawsuit when you implant a deathdisc in some old lady's skull

I preordered today @ Gamerush ~2:pm. $400 for PSP and 3 games. So many sweet DVD / game trade in deals lately equals this CHEAP ASS GAMER getting a PSP and 3 games for $200.

:D

[quote name='jetblac']Just tried to pre-order at gamerush and was told that game rush will not be accepting preorders. After catching a small fit he reminded me of how I preordered 3 DS' and put them out of stock day 1.
On another note, aren't the psp games cheaper in Japan? why the treating US like this?[/quote]

I cannot see how anyone can justify spending $400 on a PSP and a Metal Gear game that will undoubtedly flop, Spider-Man 2 that's been out forever, and some unknown game.

Is that the EB package? Yuck...

[quote name='Scorch']I cannot see how anyone can justify spending $400 on a PSP and a Metal Gear game that will undoubtedly flop, Spider-Man 2 that's been out forever, and some unknown game.[/quote]

How retarded wasting money on a PSP that costs $250 and $400 for the games, so useless, I'd rather wait until the price goes down, and until both handhelds have 30+ games available, then maybe Ill buy them. Sticking with the GBASP is a lot better investment as a handheldthen those.

Whoevers wasting $250+ on PSP(s) needs to get a life, becuz that is just sad.

[quote name='gopro']Whoevers wasting $250+ on PSP(s) needs to get a life, becuz that is just sad.[/quote]
you can say the same thing about an iPod (or any mp3 player for that matter), a portable dvd player, portable cd player, in-home dvd player, a television, cellphone, numerous videogames, videogame consoles, etc., etc + infinity...

i don't see your point other than you = (possibly) can't afford a PSP because it costs more than you wish.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit'][quote name='gopro']Whoevers wasting $250+ on PSP(s) needs to get a life, becuz that is just sad.[/quote]
you can say the same thing about an iPod (or any mp3 player for that matter), a portable dvd player, portable cd player, in-home dvd player, a television, cellphone, numerous videogames, videogame consoles, etc., etc + infinity...

i don't see your point other than you = (possibly) can't afford a PSP because it costs more than you wish.[/quote]

At least my iPod doesn't eject my music when I twist it between my hands. lol...give me a break. And expect a ton of dead pixels...reports all over the net confirm that you'll most likely have at least one dead pixel.

I agree with sticking with the GBASP. I don't like to embarasss myself by playing much in public anyways, but I'm sorry, the PSP is viable for absolutely nothing, and its hardly "for adults." As if that means anything anymore with little kids running around talking about how many hookers they ran over in GTA: San Andreas the night before.

Oh, and that Nomad-esque battery life only supports my point. Watch a movie, and then charge it up, baby. For 400 dollars you can buy: An iPod, a GBASP with a couple games, and possibly, a life.

If anybody is about to put down $250 on an item like the PSP, more power to them. It can only mean that he or she either has a great paying job or a very good allowance and/or the disipline to save money.

It looks like it will be a great device and if it's worth $100+ in a few months, which it will be, it's definately worth $250 at Launch. I, like many other people, have spent thousands of dollars on video gaming and will spend thousands more in the coarse of my lifetime. $250 is no big deal especially when considering the power of this handheld. If you haven't realized yet that buying videogames is expensive, you may want to get your head checked.

In my experience, those who emphasize "getting a life" should often take a look at their own, and locate it's deficiancies.

[quote name='gopro']How retarded wasting money on a PSP that costs $250 and $400 for the games, so useless, I'd rather wait until the price goes down, and until both handhelds have 30+ games available, then maybe Ill buy them. Sticking with the GBASP is a lot better investment as a handheldthen those.

Whoevers wasting $250+ on PSP(s) needs to get a life, becuz that is just sad.[/quote]

Sadder then your post? I think not!

Well I was going to dump $100 on one of those Ipod Shuffle thingies, but decided to preorder a PSP from my local Gamestop (where I won't have to spend $400+). I could care less about the money, seeing as I'm about to get nearly $500 from Finacial Aid. Thank god I live in the good ole USA :D

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']
At least my iPod doesn't eject my music when I twist it between my hands. lol...give me a break. And expect a ton of dead pixels...reports all over the net confirm that you'll most likely have at least one dead pixel.

I agree with sticking with the GBASP. I don't like to embarasss myself by playing much in public anyways, but I'm sorry, the PSP is viable for absolutely nothing, and its hardly "for adults." As if that means anything anymore with little kids running around talking about how many hookers they ran over in GTA: San Andreas the night before.

Oh, and that Nomad-esque battery life only supports my point. Watch a movie, and then charge it up, baby. For 400 dollars you can buy: An iPod, a GBASP with a couple games, and possibly, a life.[/quote]

First off, the PSP only ejectys games when twisted a certain way, and only when enough pressure is applied.

Second, the nomad batt life was LESS than 1hr, where as the PSPs is well over 2 when playing movies, well over 3hrs when playing games and well over 6hrs when playing music.

Lastly, I'm sick and fuckin tired of all this "get a life" shit. Someone please define what this "life" is. Is it parting in clubs, acting like a fucking retard? Is it smoking weed then tripping out over all the inane reality shows on MTV? How about acting like your straight gedo, B? To put it bluntly: all life is meaningless, doesn't matter what I "choose", it all amounts to nothing. So please don't act like your so goddman special, you (along with every last living organism) amount to absolutely nothing. Besides, you obviously have knowledge of both Gamefaqs and CAG, you're in the same boat as the rest of us :p

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Arkay Firestar']

Oh, and that Nomad-esque battery life only supports my point. Watch a movie, and then charge it up, baby. For 400 dollars you can buy: An iPod, a GBASP with a couple games, and possibly, a life.[/quote]

First off, the PSP only ejectys games when twisted a certain way, and only when enough pressure is applied.

Second, the nomad batt life was LESS than 1hr, where as the PSPs is well over 2 when playing movies, well over 3hrs when playing games and well over 6hrs when playing music.

Lastly, I'm sick and shaq-fuin tired of all this "get a life" shit. Someone please define what this "life" is. Is it parting in clubs, acting like a shaq-fuing retard? Is it smoking weed then tripping out over all the inane reality shows on MTV? How about acting like your straight gedo, B? To put it bluntly: all life is meaningless, doesn't matter what I "choose", it all amounts to nothing. So please don't act like your so goddman special, you (along with every last living organism) amount to absolutely nothing. Besides, you obviously have knowledge of both Gamefaqs and CAG, you're in the same boat as the rest of us :p[/quote]

Get a life means stop defending a worthless piece of electronic equipment at the cost of hurting the feelings of other people, perhaps by accusing them that they just badmouth it because they are too poor to buy it. Get a life means stop defending a worthless piece of electronic equipment as if you just finished a long f**k session with it and are madly in love with it and engaged to be married.

Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, but don't do it if it means ripping through other people. Its just a piece of plastic.

Most people who "defend" the PSP either have a preorder on it, or intend on purchasing it in the near future. Nobody likes to hear about how the product they will be buying(and spending a good amount of $$ on)will be faulty in any way. That's their excuse for defending it.

What's your excuse for attacking the PSP? Are you going to say it's because of the dead pixels or disk ejection? Do you really think that other past consoles and handheld systems have 0% failure rates?

Don't judge it because I'm sure you haven't played one yourself and won't be anytime soon since you're probably too poor to afford one.

In your honest opinion, why do you think some people feel the need to take shots at the PSP?

[quote name='andayaman']Most people who "defend" the PSP either have a preorder on it, or intend on purchasing it in the near future. Nobody likes to hear about how the product they will be buying(and spending a good amount of $$ on)will be faulty in any way. That's their excuse for defending it.

What's your excuse for attacking the PSP? Are you going to say it's because of the dead pixels or disk ejection? Do you really think that other past consoles and handheld systems have 0% failure rates?

Don't judge it because I'm sure you haven't played one yourself and won't be anytime soon since you're probably too poor to afford one.

In your honest opinion, why do you think some people feel the need to take shots at the PSP?[/quote]

Because it's more or less an unproven product from a company that also has yet to prove itself in the portable gaming market and it's quite pricey for something like that. People tend to fear and attack things they don't understand and lots of people can't understand paying $250 for something that is that unproven. We shop smart and cheap, this is why we are CAGs. Aslo argue any which way you like but to say that the PSP's launch in Japan was good on the product reliability side of things you're stretching. Yeah they sold alot of systems, but it's Japan, they basically collect systems over there. It's not that something must have a 0% failure rate for people to accept it, but it does need to be decent and be reliabile, especially in the US Market, and that's something that the PSP proved it doesn't yet have.

I'm not saying it'll fail nor would I like it too (though the way Sony Corp. talks it up and basically refuses to own up to possible flaws make me lose some respect for them and their product). I'm just saying I can see why some people take shots at it and are not exactly thrilled by it thus far. Oh yeah and of course there's the neverending horde of fanboys....I won't even get into how lame that is...

seem to me that most people just cant afford the system, so they attack the people who can afford it.

i work a full time job that pays me very well, and so does my wife.

im dropping $500 MINIMUM on the system and games when it comes out because i have the money to spend and i can use it however i like.

because of that do i need to "get a life" ?

pass the hatorade brah, you had too much.

[quote name='peloquin17']seem to me that most people just cant afford the system, so they attack the people who can afford it.

im dropping $500 MINIMUM on the system and games when it comes out because i have the money to spend and i can use it however i like.

pass the hatorade brah, you had too much.[/quote]

Its not about whether you have the money or not. Stop insulting people based on whether they can afford it or not. Its about stupidity. 400 for a preorder package of a handheld system is unprecedented. Furthermore, we're not talking about a piece of hardware that is comprable to the PS2, GCN, or Xbox...its not. Hell, technically, a dreamcast is more advanced.

I will admit, if I wanted to buy the PSP, I would have to save up. Its the cost of being a student, even though I am employed. But I won't knock the PSP because I can't afford it now. I am excited about next generation consoles, and will buy the one of the next three consoles with money I will have saved up. But I will not make a foolish purchase.

See, I'm not attacking the PSP because I am against Sony. I have a PS2. I'm not attacking the PSP because I am a Nintendo fan boy and love my SP. I own an Xbox as well. I am attacking the PSP because I don't believe the features it offers, nor the quality of its construction, warrant a 250 dollar price tag. If it was a higher quality device, perhaps. This is a discussion of whether its reasonable/logical/practical/intelligent to buy this bundle. I say it isn't, you say it is. I clearly am not impressed by the reviews I've read, you clearly have been. I clearly don't feel the system offers more in terms of games than an SP, while you clearly want it for the additional music and movie playback.

I really find it fascinating that you would talk down to people who you feel are of a lower socio-economic status than yourself. Simply to defend a portable device you have not used yourself. I, and others making my argument, simply don't think its worth the money, based on reviews and articles posted on the net. But in order for you to win your point, you have to label the opposing side as poor, and thus whining about sour grapes.

I really hope I don't read another one of your posts again. Go back to watching your FOX News.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']For 400 dollars you can buy: An iPod, a GBASP with a couple games, and possibly, a life.[/quote]

I wish I could be as cool as you, but sadly I will choose to live without a "life".

[quote name='bugg33'][quote name='Arkay Firestar']For 400 dollars you can buy: An iPod, a GBASP with a couple games, and possibly, a life.[/quote]

I wish I could be as cool as you, but sadly I will choose to live without a "life".[/quote]

I thought "a life" was more polite than "a f**king brain"

[quote name='Arkay Firestar'][quote name='peloquin17']seem to me that most people just cant afford the system, so they attack the people who can afford it.

Its not about whether you have the money or not. Stop insulting people based on whether they can afford it or not. Its about stupidity. 400 for a preorder package of a handheld system is unprecedented. Furthermore, we're not talking about a piece of hardware that is comprable to the PS2, GCN, or Xbox...its not. Hell, technically, a dreamcast is more advanced.

I will admit, if I wanted to buy the PSP, I would have to save up. Its the cost of being a student, even though I am employed. But I won't knock the PSP because I can't afford it now. I am excited about next generation consoles, and will buy the one of the next three consoles with money I will have saved up. But I will not make a foolish purchase.

See, I'm not attacking the PSP because I am against Sony. I have a PS2. I'm not attacking the PSP because I am a Nintendo fan boy and love my SP. I own an Xbox as well. I am attacking the PSP because I don't believe the features it offers, nor the quality of its construction, warrant a 250 dollar price tag. If it was a higher quality device, perhaps. This is a discussion of whether its reasonable/logical/practical/intelligent to buy this bundle. I say it isn't, you say it is. I clearly am not impressed by the reviews I've read, you clearly have been. I clearly don't feel the system offers more in terms of games than an SP, while you clearly want it for the additional music and movie playback.

I really find it fascinating that you would talk down to people who you feel are of a lower socio-economic status than yourself. Simply to defend a portable device you have not used yourself. I, and others making my argument, simply don't think its worth the money, based on reviews and articles posted on the net. But in order for you to win your point, you have to label the opposing side as poor, and thus whining about sour grapes.

I really hope I don't read another one of your posts again. Go back to watching your FOX News.[/quote]

i watch fox news. is that the best you have?

your as much of a joke as that comment.

you dont know me. you dont know my economic status either, AND for your information i HAVE used the PSP, not just looked at pictures, or read stories online

i dont care what you look like, or the size of your wallet.
i talk down to idiots.

[quote name='peloquin17']seem to me that most people just cant afford the system, so they attack the people who can afford it.

sup? i'm in dirty jerz as well and can also afford the system. i just am concerned about buying it and there being a quick price drop or they make a drastic change to the system to address some of its issues and i have the old version. i feel the same way about the ds. i am going to be pissed if the big news is a price drop. yeah, i have $ to spend, i just do not want to waste it. must stay away from psp in store demo to avoid impulse purchse (that is what happened w/ the ds)

[quote name='Bivensra'][quote name='peloquin17']seem to me that most people just cant afford the system, so they attack the people who can afford it.

sup? i'm in dirty jerz as well and can also afford the system. i just am concerned about buying it and there being a quick price drop or they make a drastic change to the system to address some of its issues and i have the old version. i feel the same way about the ds. i am going to be pissed if the big news is a price drop. yeah, i have $ to spend, i just do not want to waste it. must stay away from psp in store demo to avoid impulse purchse (that is what happened w/ the ds)[/quote]

Good point. The price of the PSP has dropped like 3 times in Japan already since late December '04.

[quote name='Bivensra'][quote name='peloquin17']seem to me that most people just cant afford the system, so they attack the people who can afford it.

sup? i'm in dirty jerz as well and can also afford the system. i just am concerned about buying it and there being a quick price drop or they make a drastic change to the system to address some of its issues and i have the old version. i feel the same way about the ds. i am going to be pissed if the big news is a price drop. yeah, i have $ to spend, i just do not want to waste it. must stay away from psp in store demo to avoid impulse purchse (that is what happened w/ the ds)[/quote]

jersey in da house!!! you up north or down south?

I dont want to waste money either. The only price drop I forsee is if they take out the value pack and just sell the system bare. I could understand not wanting the value pack added in, because it drives the price up. personally, i was prolly gonna by the value pack anyway.

as far as the DS goes...wait for a price drop. i got the DS at launch and i am terribly disappointed. i might actually get rid of it, and get one when the price drops. i dont think its worth the money.

on the other hand, i feel the psp is worth the money. i think the memory is overpriced tho, but to be able to rip dvds and put them on a memory card is pretty cool. i watched my friend do it with shaun of the dead and the start wars 3 trailer. looked pretty easy.

granted, it might have some problems, but all systems do.

I thought that Sony said that is was going to be under $200. Is that not true anymoe. I need to look it up, I think it was in Electronic Gaming monthly a couple months back.

bread's done
Back