psp charging

Unless you have a slim with custom firmware installed, you will not be able to charge via USB and do anything else (games, movies, surf, etc).

[quote name='briandadude']Unless you have a slim with custom firmware installed, you will not be able to charge via USB and do anything else (games, movies, surf, etc).[/quote]
Are you sure because I have been able to use the PSP while its charging via usb.

[quote name='J7.']Are you sure because I have been able to use the PSP while its charging via usb.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I know you can buy special usb adapters that have an additional power plug on them, but I was under the impression that you had to enable usb mode to charge.

[quote name='briandadude']Oh really? I know you can buy special usb adapters that have an additional power plug on them, but I was under the impression that you had to enable usb mode to charge.[/quote]

Same here I have to enter usb mode in order to charge, which effectively renders my PSP useless while it's charging.

[quote name='J7.']I'll check next time I hook it to usb. How do you know it is definitely charging?[/quote]
Orange light is on where the green power light usually is.

thanks for the replies. I was worried that it was a stupid question and that everyone was going to say they both take the same amount of time. :)

I checked and my PSP Slim DOES charge via usb even while watching videos or playing games. It is a 3rd party usb cable with the power cable connected to it.

bread's done
Back