PSP clear Screen protectors?

maccabee72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
263 (100%)
I was just wondering if they made any decent clear screen protectors for the PSP. I have the pelican screen protector for my DS, but it leaves a little residue from the sticker part. Does anyone make a decent cling screen protector? Let me know if you have any advice on a good one. Thanks!

I have the Pelican version for the PSP and I don't recommend it. It is very grainy. My buddy has the Intec version and its crystal clear! If only I could find one...

I highly recommend a Martin Fields screen protector. It is awesome. Washable, reusable, completely transparent and no residue.

[quote name='daphatty']I have the Pelican version for the PSP and I don't recommend it. It is very grainy. My buddy has the Intec version and its crystal clear! If only I could find one...[/QUOTE]

I wish I saw this thread earlier today. I just got the Pelican one from Best Buy. It is *VERY* grainy and makes the screen looks like complete shit. I'm taking it back tomorrow. No way I can use my PSP with this thing on it.

That Intec one sounds real nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the input! What B&M stores carry the Martin Fields or Hori Screen protectors, or can someone refer me to a good site that sells them?

[quote name='maccabee72']Thanks for the input! What B&M stores carry the Martin Fields or Hori Screen protectors, or can someone refer me to a good site that sells them?[/QUOTE]

EB Games sells the Hori protectors for 5 bucks.

Damn!...I went to my local EB, Gamestop, Hastings, Wal-mart, Target, and Radio Shack today, and nothing but Pelican Screen protectors at all of them! Oh well, if I can hold off I'll wait until I can hit up stores closer to Houston, otherwise I'll have to find a Hori online.....

I got my hori screen protector online from EB and it came in like 3 days, but my Lumines STILL hasnt come and it was part of the same order over a week ago...
anyway, the hori is great, no residue, easy to apply, easy to reapply if you got air bubbles, its definetly worth the $5

Have a Hori--it totally kicks ass, can't even tell it's on, and the screen is still crystal clear and now safe from scratches, etc.

For 5 bucks--way worth it. Just make sure you put it on correctly.

Hori kicks ass! If you want something that makes your PSP stand out go and buy a Brando one as it covers more then the screen. It covers the screen and past that.

how do you get rid of the air bubbles on the hori screen protector? I cleaned my PSP screen before applying it, but now my Hori screen also has some dust on it, but thats prob because I kept taking it off to fix the bubles, and touching the corners with my fingers

[quote name='tenzor']how do you get rid of the air bubbles on the hori screen protector? I cleaned my PSP screen before applying it, but now my Hori screen also has some dust on it, but thats prob because I kept taking it off to fix the bubles, and touching the corners with my fingers[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that part was a pain, just put scotch tape on the adhesive side where the junk is (hair, dust) and then "wax" it off. It says it in the little booklet thingy, so it's perfectly safe.

[quote name='tenzor']how do you get rid of the air bubbles on the hori screen protector? I cleaned my PSP screen before applying it, but now my Hori screen also has some dust on it, but thats prob because I kept taking it off to fix the bubles, and touching the corners with my fingers[/QUOTE]

To keep the dust off when you put the screen on just have a fan blowing on the screen while you apply the screen thats what i did :)

Yeah, I just pikced up my HORI protector today. It seems nice although it was a bitch to get on with all the cat hair and dust in my house....I used the tape trick...seems ok now

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']anyone actually able to get it on with no bubbles at all? I can't seem to avoid having some small air bubbles and they won't smooth out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, just rub your finger along the top as your putting the screen on.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']anyone actually able to get it on with no bubbles at all? I can't seem to avoid having some small air bubbles and they won't smooth out.[/QUOTE]

Ironically enough, I had the worst bubble problems with the Intec one. Only way to rub them out is to lift up the screen protector and try again. I wish I would have gone with my instinct and used the Hori protector on my PSP. That shit applied PERFECTLY to my wife's PSP. Damn I'm jealous...

I spent 30 minutes in frustration unable to apply the hori protector- ripping it and scratching it to hell and lamenting 5 bucks well spent.

Then I realized the screen hadnt come off when I pulled the red tab and I was trying to apply the protective cover the whole time.

I felt pretty dumb, but after that it went on easy. 10x better than that pelican piece of shit I used to have. All I need to do now is take some scotch tape and get rid of the little bits of dust I got in there.

I got mine to work. I realized my stupid issue that was preventing me from doing it correctly. But in my earlier fervor to smooth the bubbles, I made a nick in the screen protector, so I might buy another one now that I know how to do it perfectly. It really is quite simple when you stop being an idiot.

man, i bought one and put it on and the next day my little brother pulled it off and now it wont stick. man was i pissed when i found out.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I got mine to work. I realized my stupid issue that was preventing me from doing it correctly. But in my earlier fervor to smooth the bubbles, I made a nick in the screen protector, so I might buy another one now that I know how to do it perfectly. It really is quite simple when you stop being an idiot.[/QUOTE]
You took off the one it had and put on a Hori? The package should've had another unopened one that's even better. They were $12 each. :lol:

[quote name='Scarface7']You took off the one it had and put on a Hori? The package should've had another unopened one that's even better. They were $12 each. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The one it had on distored the image a bit. It was obvious there was a screen protector on it. The Hori one is crystal clear, and I can't even tell it's on.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']The one it had on distored the image a bit. It was obvious there was a screen protector on it. The Hori one is crystal clear, and I can't even tell it's on.[/QUOTE]
I'm saying there was another one still sealed besides the one already on it. Supposed to be the better one from my understanding. The one that was installed they sent to me for free while I waited on the other to get stocked.

[quote name='Scarface7']I'm saying there was another one still sealed besides the one already on it. Supposed to be the better one from my understanding. The one that was installed they sent to me for free while I waited on the other to get stocked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the other one...I, uh...kinda mucked that one up :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yeah, the other one...I, uh...kinda mucked that one up :lol:[/QUOTE]
You kinda what? That thing cost $12. :rofl:

[quote name='Scarface7']You kinda what? That thing cost $12. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I had issues with it. I probably shouldn't have attempted to apply it via suplex, but you live and learn.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I had issues with it. I probably shouldn't have attempted to apply it via suplex, but you live and learn.[/QUOTE]
Suplex? :?

If I remember correctly, it was just a matter of putting it over the screen and using a credit card to smooth it out.

The Hori's are fantastic! I wouldn't be able to tell it was there had it not been for the little spot I left on the screen. Oh well, you can't tell it's there when playing it.

the ones at AXshop.com are really great. THey are reusable and u can take em off later and even wash them. I got them during the free promotion when they cost only 3 bux shipping and it was 3 bux well spent!

http://axshop.com/monifilm/PSP.html

it comes with 3 protectors i think and a rub card (credit card sized piece of plastic) to rub the screen during application to prevent bubbles.

My psp's screen couldnt be happier!

Well, after 3 hours of hard labor (my house is full of dust and other nasty particles) I was able to apply the second Hori I bought to my LCD (first one was ruined by constant contact with dust). Damn, that thing is nice as hell, you cant even tell its on! Still, I wish I would have read the instructions before fucking it up (twice). Oh well, guess I should head out to EB again....

[quote name='Slimeyface']the ones at AXshop.com are really great. THey are reusable and u can take em off later and even wash them. I got them during the free promotion when they cost only 3 bux shipping and it was 3 bux well spent!

http://axshop.com/monifilm/PSP.html

it comes with 3 protectors i think and a rub card (credit card sized piece of plastic) to rub the screen during application to prevent bubbles.

My psp's screen couldnt be happier![/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I have the hori, but it is a fucking chore to get on just right. And impossible without any dust, hair, etc. Then, when I try to clean it with a piece of tape, if you accidently move the tape alittle instead of doing straight up and down dabs, it will get stickum from the tape on the screen and leave a nice smear to the screen.

This monifilm stuff looks great. You get two and free shipping. and they are washable. Sure beat the hori for $4.99 + tax for one and imo, not reuseable once taken off.

bread's done
Back